You are Here:
Sultan Republic: Treasury Edition by Ellusionist

Author (Read 38099 times)

Re: [EBAY] Sultan Republic Treasury Edition Playing Cards
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2012, 08:17:40 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
it seems you had no problem not keeping it a secret once you started selling it for 4 times what it's going for on ellusionist.com

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2012, 08:18:46 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
it seems you had no problem not keeping it a secret once you started selling it for 4 times what it's going for on ellusionist.com
The decks on Ellusionist were ONLY for people who solved the mystery in the deck.

Re: Sultan Treasury Playing Cards
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2012, 08:19:50 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I just want to point out that you guys should not buy from Lazarus. He was a customer of mine for the Vortex deck. He ordered three decks and inquired when they would ship. I answered him numerous times, and he ended up cursing me out.

This is not the bad part.

He filed a claim with Amazon (which was quickly shut down since I had proof of our conversations and shipment, etc) and tried to get a refund after I shipped his cards out.

I've had a few people try to do this, but with him I have seen reports from our members about him trying to scam on eBay.

His KS project was also quite sketchy.

Better safe than sorry, and you can get these decks from the E website for $9 or from our trusted sellers here for a bit more. But not 100.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 08:22:49 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
The decks on Ellusionist were ONLY for people who solved the mystery in the deck.

you keep saying that but you couldn't give a shit about it. You say that it's not fair to others to know about this deck if they didn't "solve" some "mystery" but you just want to scam others into paying way more than market value for the deck. you just want to make money, you don't care about anything else. It's well within your rights to do what you're doing, but don't lie and act like you're standing up for some noble cause when you're not.

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2012, 08:29:17 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
well E's shipping costs has gone up to us Canadian customers :( But I like the deck so Ill live I guess. ;)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 08:30:14 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
and don't get me wrong, you do a lot of good for the playing card community. Your youtube channel and facebook page are informative and I appreciate them being there. It's just that you don't have any moral high ground here, especially when your reason is "ellusionist wanted me to keep it a secret"

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 08:31:20 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

you keep saying that but you couldn't give a shit about it. You say that it's not fair to others to know about this deck if they didn't "solve" some "mystery" but you just want to scam others into paying way more than market value for the deck. you just want to make money, you don't care about anything else. It's well within your rights to do what you're doing, but don't lie and act like you're standing up for some noble cause when you're not.
First of all, how am I scamming others? You sound ridiculous.
Second of all, I'm not acting like I'm "standing up for a noble cause." I'm not standing up for anything.

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 08:35:44 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
selling a deck for 40 bucks when it's available for 10, deleting posts on your facebook about the deck because you don't want others to have full information about it. And you're saying that people who spent money on the other sultan deck deserve it more because ellusionist said so.

They were only for people who spent time and money buying the Sultan deck, and deciphering it.
And the reason that I didn't post about these is because it was supposed to be a secret according to E.

which you had no problem informing others about the deck when you could make a huge profit off of it.

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 08:38:25 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
selling a deck for 40 bucks when it's available for 10, deleting posts on your facebook about the deck because you don't want others to have full information about it. And you're saying that people who spent money on the other sultan deck deserve it more because ellusionist said so.

They were only for people who spent time and money buying the Sultan deck, and deciphering it.
And the reason that I didn't post about these is because it was supposed to be a secret according to E.

which you had no problem informing others about the deck when you could make a huge profit off of it.
You're contradicting yourself. You're saying that I didn't inform people about the deck, and then you're saying that I did.

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2012, 08:40:04 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
you have no problem letting others know that the deck exists when it's available from you, but you do everything in your power to prevent people from knowing that it's available for significantly less money from ellusionist.

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2012, 08:45:17 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
you have no problem letting others know that the deck exists when it's available from you, but you do everything in your power to prevent people from knowing that it's available for significantly less money from ellusionist.
The only reason that people shouldn't know that they're on Ellusionist, is because it is meant for the people who solved the mystery.

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012, 08:47:32 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
whatever helps you sleep better. I already said that that's bullshit reasoning, but if it's enough to justify it to you then I guess good luck with that.

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 09:36:19 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
once you know the name, so easy to find the link.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 09:38:18 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
@evan you didnt keep it a secret because you sold it for 4x what you paid for it. By showing/selling it to others you let the cat out of the bag. It almost seems like scamming since people didnt know about the retail price (which you kept hidden and stopped people from posting on your fb page)

All in all I just think that was low of you. And I feel bad for the poor person who fell for your trick and bought a deck for 40. They essentially got scammed.  :bosswalk:

Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 10:06:17 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
@evan you didnt keep it a secret because you sold it for 4x what you paid for it. By showing/selling it to others you let the cat out of the bag. It almost seems like scamming since people didnt know about the retail price (which you kept hidden and stopped people from posting on your fb page)

All in all I just think that was low of you. And I feel bad for the poor person who fell for your trick and bought a deck for 40. They essentially got scammed.  :bosswalk:

I don't feel bad for them at all. Perhaps it was low of Evan to post it that high and try to keep the page a secret, but let's be honest if you're buying a random deck without doing a little research first, you deserve what's coming to you. :P

Seriously, a simple Googling of the deck gives you the page:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ellusionist+sultan+treasury&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS484US484&oq=ellusionist+sultan+treasury&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS484US484&sclient=psy-ab&q=sultan+treasury+playing+cards&oq=sultan+treasury+playing+cards&gs_l=serp.3..33i29.1997.6089.0.6141.29.27.0.0.0.0.261.4560.0j20j6.26.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.U3fU1OQ8tvw&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=8c0bb27d33614e56&bpcl=37189454&biw=1527&bih=875

It's the first result.

This thread is the third result.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:07:02 PM by alex. »
Forum Founder.

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2012, 10:30:14 PM »

Labyrinth

• True Member
once you know the name, so easy to find the link.

agree...
or just google it...

it's ridiculous for sell it higher than retail price on website...

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 11:49:03 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I had posted the pics of the deck on my FB page earlier today... and when I got home tonight... this was in my e-mail... 10 times.

"Hello,

We have removed or disabled access to the following content that you have posted on Facebook because we received a notice from a third party that the content infringes their copyright(s):

Photo from Album: "Sultan Treasury - By Ellusionist", uploaded on November 2nd, 10:10am PDT

We strongly encourage you to review the content you have posted to Facebook to make sure that you have not posted any other infringing content, as it is our policy to terminate the accounts of repeat infringers when appropriate.

If you believe that we have made a mistake in removing this content, then you can submit an appeal by filling out our automated form at http://ww" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; facebookXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX47731688587012.

The Facebook Team"

TOTAL BULLSH*T!  These decks are listed on Ebay for Christ's sake... listed for HUNDREDS of dollars

Well screw them.... here is the link to buy them

LINK REMOVED

ENJOY!!!

CBJ
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 09:08:03 AM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: Sultan Treasury Playing Cards - the link is posted to buy
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2012, 12:01:09 AM »

kcaso

So you guys like these ones more than the originals? How come?

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2012, 12:01:55 AM »

LauR

• Elite Member
The international shipping for 3 decks is outrageous, $26 cheapest option to Australia.

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2012, 12:14:15 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
I've honestly got no problem with the situation, and don't really know what the fuss is. The decks page (We ask you not to reveal the whereabouts of this special deck of playing cards.) was to be found only by those who had found cracked a code of some sort. If Ellusionist really wanted to keep it a secret, you would've had to post some form of proof to them with your sultan deck or something like that. This would then lead you to a private page to purchase decks. There was no agreement formed on the page regarding "Do not sell this deck as it will give away its name."

Furthermore, the fact that they're limited at the moment implies that there will be more on the way, and in any form of Market, there are informed and uninformed traders. As the name implies, the uninformed trader will make bad decisions, and the informed traders reap the benefits. There's nothing wrong with that; it's how the market works, and it's why the market can keep existing the way it does. If the entire market consisted of informed traders, there would be no profit to be earned, and ultimately business could not exist in its current form.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:16:07 AM by agera94 »
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2012, 12:30:10 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Since everyone insisted on stepping on Evan's EBAY post and a second topic sprouted in the PCP, I've split out the conversation posts on the original topic and merged it with this one.

The weathered look and lighter color makes them more distinctive.  Personally, I think they should have simply sold these up front with the others.

The international shipping for 3 decks is outrageous, $26 cheapest option to Australia.

It wasn't that much cheaper for me - they wanted nearly $20 to ship three decks to New York via US Mail - I use a PO Box so UPS and other shippers were not an option.  I ended up cutting my order back to only two decks to get the total cost down - shipping dropped to just under $12.

While I don't feel Evan's heart was in the right place regarding his actions in getting his decks sold for more than retail while suppressing information about how to get them much more cheaply, that's something he has to live with.  They're the kind of tactics used by rip-off artists, though I'm not calling him such since he is indeed selling his decks.

But Alex is correct in that this is a caveat emptor world we live in, and that a simple Google search does show the Ellusionist page selling the decks.  I'm sure they could have found a way to suppress it from appearing on Google, so the fact that they didn't means this deck is fair game to find at retail by anyone who knows how to use Google.  Any fool not taking the trouble to research the deck with even the simplest of search deserves what they're getting - one terrifically-expensive deck of cards including a penalty fee for being uninformed and too lazy.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2012, 12:48:15 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Well:

- There's an aged look to it. Some members like that.
- It's different. - When was the last time you've seen an aged deck?
- In the eyes of resellers, it's limited.
- And, there's a "chase" involved in obtaining the deck.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2012, 01:20:21 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I didnt like the other ones but I think these are awesome, Picked up 2 deck no reselling for me. But I think these colours look way better than the other edition.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2012, 02:15:36 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

- It's different. - When was the last time you've seen an aged deck?

A few months back, when Bicycle Americana was released.  And the Distressed Expert Back deck, too.  There are countless "aged-look" decks out there, you should know better.

My apologies to any posters who got confused when the topics on this deck were merged.  The chatter started in an STISO post, the last place such conversations should be happening.  CBJ started this one in the Plethora so it made sense to split out the posts from the STISO topic and put them in here.  No posts were lost and it was not my intent to confuse people.

For future reference, posting all kinds of stuff not directly dealing with the purchase or sale in question on somebody's STISO topic is pretty inconsiderate to the seller.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2012, 02:23:46 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
If shipping wasn't $22 for 2 decks I'd be more inclined to buy some for collecting purposes.
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.