Author (Read 37897 times)

NEW DECK -- Aurum from Encarded
« on: April 27, 2012, 09:30:41 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I did a search for Aurum and I couldn't find a thread.. so here we go..

Encarded has loaded a few teaser pics of the Aurum deck.

Encarded writes...

"
Aurum is the next deck from Encarded and is currently in heavy design and development. Aurum will be quite different from Tendril and will incorporate even more new ideas in custom playing card design.
Aurum is designed to be several things: First, evoke the feeling of being hand drawn, not digitally perfect. Second, make it intricate enough that you might need to hold the design close and really examine it to see the details. Third, have it be elegant and rich while maintaining perfect symetry, handling and visual interest. Finally, an idea that I wanted to pursue was to create the entire back design with one, single, continuous line flowing from one side of the cards all the way through the middle, mirroring perfectly in the “organic symmetry” we introduced in Tendril.
Below are some select sneak peek images of Aurum in its development phases. You can see some aspects of the new and special features, such as a hand-drawn continuous line back with organic symmetry, subtle pattern borders, metallic gold and purple inks in a rich tapestry design and the face patterns first seen in Tendril.
We will add more details and views of Aurum as the design progresses. Please note that any/all of these designs may change during the course of the development and are provided for your enjoyment only. No one, not even me, knows exactly where we will end up. That is one of the lovely mysteries of the design process."

take a look

(Click pics for larger view)

You can check out the Encarded site for more info.. http://encarded.com/index.php?id=12

CBJ

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:31:24 AM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: NEW DECK -- Aurum from Encarded
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 09:36:01 AM »

KT

• Facebook:
The Encarded Team never fails to amaze me... Looks like I have a new deck on my list.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 10:09:48 AM »

max

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Really cool aces!!!!!  Like it a lot

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 11:00:52 AM »

frostchew

Custom designs drawn using one single continuous line? I'm thinking this is going to be awesome. I am already digging the aces and the back design.

I just hope this time the face cards won't have a black background like on the tendril deck. Don't get me wrong, the tendril has an awesome custom design and I love the tendril backs, but the black background for the face cards just seem a little "off"

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 09:59:59 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
what more can i say ?

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 10:18:57 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
BTW, Aurum will be a "white" deck. As I had said, it will be QUITE different from Tendril but use perhaps some of the concepts I learned on Tendril. Aurum will be colorful in it's own way, more regal, understated and intricate whereas Tendril was bold and bright while still being dark (quite a tricky thing to pull off now that I think about it :) )
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 11:24:16 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
BTW, Aurum will be a "white" deck. As I had said, it will be QUITE different from Tendril but use perhaps some of the concepts I learned on Tendril. Aurum will be colorful in it's own way, more regal, understated and intricate whereas Tendril was bold and bright while still being dark (quite a tricky thing to pull off now that I think about it :) )

You have another excellent deck on your hands here - and exceptional, I might add.  There's just something about a hand-crafted design in our all-too-digital world...  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 11:44:04 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Liked the design of Tendril, and I'm going to boldly say that i'll like the design for Aurum now as well. This is one deck that I would love to see progress from crafting conceptual stage to the eventual end product. Keep up the good work Paul!

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 03:28:57 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I don`t know what I really think of the deck from these pics. I dont really even know what it is I`m just not very fond of it. Although from hearing it will be white I will probably like what the final product ends up being. Anf the pips look really nice.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 02:19:42 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
Yeay we can now talk about the aurum!
Im really happy for encarded and I'm so glad that they can provide us with awesome card artwork. :P
so kudos. I'm looking forward to the progression of Aurum!

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 02:47:28 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
This deck looks very interesting. The back is kind of surprising to me, but the aces are very attractive.

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 10:28:46 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
A new teaser.

After staring at the back design for a very long time and trying different things, I realized that the design needed some extra elements to more fully bring it to the Venetian-inspired level I was looking for. With that, I turned to Ventian bookbinders and was inspired by some lovely arabesque motifs. So the existing continuous line is there but merged with the new. I think it’s quite striking so far. With full metallics it will have a lovely shimmer to it.

Paul Carpenter

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 10:52:48 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:

WOW
despite the super blurred out (tiltshift) image, looking good.
I have to hand it to you Paul you have awesome talent in design. Im really rooting for Encarded. :) More power to you!

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 10:58:10 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

WOW
I have to hand it to you Paul you have awesome talent in design. Im really rooting for Encarded. :) More power to you!

Thank you Lara. And that is not some fakey tilt shift image, that's the real deal! (nice shallow depth of field from a real lens). :)

I'm still working on details so that why the teasers exist. Show that things are happening, but not have people get too hung up on the details you will ultimately change. I think this new addition is really helping the design overall and I'm finally out of the rut I'd been in.

I think you guys will like it in the end. At least, that's my goal. I have the full color design up on my monitor and will probably stare at it for days, letting it sink into my brain and seeing what happens.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:00:25 AM by Encarded »
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 11:36:34 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I like the fact that the back design is very complex in the middle of a simple background. I can't wait!

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 08:18:04 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I am really feeling this deck so far. Keep up the amazing work.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 09:29:27 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:

WOW

Thank you Lara. And that is not some fakey tilt shift image, that's the real deal! (nice shallow depth of field from a real lens). :)

I'm still working on details so that why the teasers exist. Show that things are happening, but not have people get too hung up on the details you will ultimately change. I think this new addition is really helping the design overall and I'm finally out of the rut I'd been in.

I think you guys will like it in the end. At least, that's my goal. I have the full color design up on my monitor and will probably stare at it for days, letting it sink into my brain and seeing what happens.

Hoorah for awesome camera and Skillz!

okay I know its a pentax but its pink. Give it a chance to just be a camera hahaha :P

Anyway back to topic

@Nathan I don't think its a simple background, if you look at the very first post its like a maze of swirls and twirls. But yeah its a great design as always.

I have a question Paul. When you were back in middleschool to whatever-school where you the type who doodles on your notebook when the teachers are  boring?

Because your designs really brings a lot of nostalgic feelings for me. Because I used to do that too. and also on my hands like this:

that is not me BTW but its very similar, I think thats why I am very drawn to your designs.
Because it reminds me of the good old days as well. Also i was browsing around through my old sketchpad and I saw something kinda similar as well. I'll post it next time. I'm too lazy to look for my camera. :(

But yeah I just wanted to share that with you. :P

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 09:33:00 PM by Lara Krystle "Lane" »

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 09:01:14 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Lara,

I honestly don't consider myself an illustrator and while I've done some drawing (and went to art school for a while) I still don't think of myself as a "drawer." Both my parents were art teachers so I was brought up in a creative environment, and certainly did little doodles and drawings but never really honed the skill of freehand drawing.

After I did the Aurum design I started to see that other people had done very similar things (like your photo) which was very interesting to me. I'd never seen that before, but it just seemed an interesting and natural thing to do. Getting it to mirror on a playing card was definitely the hard part. :)

And that is the girliest camera I've ever seen. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 09:43:15 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:

Kinda like me when people say Im a musican/singer. Because I was raised in a music school and music came to me naturally because of it. I almost went to music university but it was not something I wanted to really "STUDY" I just enjoyed it and if I ended up dragging myself around college trying to get the theory down I'm going to end up hating it hahaha but anyway back to topic.

I could already imagine the difficulties in getting the image to mirror without being so obvious. From what you have shown us so far, the design of Aurum is coming along wonderfully. I really like it. With all my girly sincerity. ^-^

Oh and for the record, I happen to LOVE that camera and wishes that Nikon comes in that color.. :P

Its perfect for my dream SUV

How's that for girly. ^-^

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 03:59:29 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I know there are more than 326 people in the world that loves cards and should be Liking my Facebook page. So get to it and help reveal Aurum.

http://facebook.com/encarded
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:59:57 PM by Encarded »
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 05:12:14 PM »

jriffel

• True Member
I know there are more than 326 people in the world that loves cards and should be Liking my Facebook page. So get to it and help reveal Aurum.

http://facebook.com/encarded
There are many of us that don't\won't do Facebook !!

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 07:59:49 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
True, and it's not my favorite thing in the world but it does work. And if there are 100k+ people that like Ellusionist, 5,600+ that like AetherCards and 17k+ that like the Blue Crown, there are certainly a few hundred that would be interested in little old me. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 01:03:38 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Some pics

Enjoy!
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 01:07:30 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I have to be honest and say that I am not really fond of the backs of this deck. The fronts are really nice, but the backs seem too empty.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2012, 01:22:04 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
brilliant design .. i really like it .. hardly seem a purple deck before

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2012, 01:53:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I have to be honest and say that I am not really fond of the backs of this deck. The fronts are really nice, but the backs seem too empty.

Look closer at the photo of the card back.  There's a wildly intricate line pattern running through the entire purple area of the card back.

I think they're freakin' gorgeous.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 01:54:09 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2012, 02:03:02 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Look closer at the photo of the card back.  There's a wildly intricate line pattern running through the entire purple area of the card back.

Ahh I see that now, I think it should be brought out a little more then, like so it is a little more noticable.

And Paul, I am not really a huge fan of the colour, but thats just my opinion.

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2012, 02:18:28 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Ahh I see that now, I think it should be brought out a little more then, like so it is a little more noticable.

It likely shows up much better when seen with your own eyes rather than through a digital image.

I think there's practically no decks in purple, so it was a fine choice of color.  I'm guessing Lara (the Queen of Purple Writing) will be thrilled when she sees it.

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2012, 08:19:25 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I'll certainly be making adjustments to the colors but it will definitely stay purple. Purple and gold are natural complements and also speak directly to the "royal elegance" I was aiming for. It's also a desperately needed change to the predominant colors we see on almost everything these days.

The design is purposefully simple but as Don pointed out also has incredibly intricacy upon further study. I like mixing opposites like that. the actual line design will probably have a metallic ink so it will shimmer off the main purple field and be quite "alive"
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 05:46:02 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

It likely shows up much better when seen with your own eyes rather than through a digital image.

I think there's practically no decks in purple, so it was a fine choice of color.  I'm guessing Lara (the Queen of Purple Writing) will be thrilled when she sees it.
I was about to make the same comment as Aaron, but then I saw yours, Don, checked again, and actually think that this design is very awesome.
I am glad the back design will be purple, but I was wondering, could it be a darker shade of purple by any chance?

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 06:14:59 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:

I know for a fact I'm getting these! Its in my favourite color!!! PURPLE! goodness. Paul! I <3 you so much for making a purple deck! (no worries @moon.exe wonderland still holds a special place in my heart) But seriously... Great Job encarded for making yet another great designs. Keep up to awesome work.
As for this tone of purple. I have no qualms about it. I think the color is just fine. But I'm excited to see your little tweaks here and there (if you are going to).

AnywayMORE POWER Encarded!

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 06:19:26 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I just zoomed in on the picture, and it seems like the faces also have the twirly design in the white background. Is it just me or is that real?

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012, 06:24:23 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I just zoomed in on the picture, and it seems like the faces also have the twirly design in the white background. Is it just me or is that real?
It's very, very real. The faces and backs have that cool, intricate pattern.

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2012, 06:39:39 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Then that's a really awesome idea! Do any decks have a custom background design on the faces?

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The face pattern will be subtle but still visible.  It will also be a mirror of the pattern on the backs and will go all the way off the card in a borderless fashion, which should be quite nice looking in fans on either side.

Some decks have the dirt and grime effect on the faces (like the Americana) but I'm not aware of many decks that try to have an actual design feature on the faces. Other than Tendril of course. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2012, 09:40:10 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Here is a teaser (from yesterday):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEwF7X-ONTI&feature=youtu.be
I think I've already seen it on these forums but I can't find where, so I'll post it again where it belongs, on this thread.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:41:15 PM by NathanCanadas »

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 01:33:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Then that's a really awesome idea! Do any decks have a custom background design on the faces?

Bicycle Americana, Bicycle Series 1800, Karnival Dose, Bicycle Karnival Dose Redux, Bicycle Karnival Dead Eyes, Bicycle Alchemy 1977...

I'm sure there's more out there, but Paul's take on it is much more unique and subtle.  It's like seeing a vast body of water - first, all you see is a vast blue space, but as you look closer, you see waves, ripples, whorls, maybe even some aquatic life.  There's more to it than just what's immediately apparent.

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2012, 01:54:59 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I'm sure there's more out there, but Paul's take on it is much more unique and subtle.  It's like seeing a vast body of water - first, all you see is a vast blue space, but as you look closer, you see waves, ripples, whorls, maybe even some aquatic life.  There's more to it than just what's immediately apparent.

Don, you are a very perceptive man. :) That is almost precisely the concept behind the continuous line design I came up with (Venice being built on the water and all that...)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2012, 11:23:53 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Don, you are a very perceptive man. :) That is almost precisely the concept behind the continuous line design I came up with (Venice being built on the water and all that...)

Why, thank you, good sir!  Good thing I added "Consultant to the Playing Card Industry" to my business card!

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2012, 02:02:27 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
After a Tendril-induced delay, work on Aurum has started back up. With the back design pretty much locked in, one of the first steps for final production is a technical process of spot color separations. The back design will be done in 4 specific ink colors, so each one needs to be defined in its own "channel."

As you can see, each color is separate and they don't overlap, but lay them all on top of each other and you get the complete picture.

A similar process will have to be done for the faces as well, since those will feature spot metallic colors. More to come later!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2012, 02:34:55 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I think it's super cool to see the whole back design separated by those parts. It's very interesting.

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2012, 11:35:28 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
This will probably be one of the most intricate back designs ever printed by USPC.  It's very beautiful - let's hope they can do it justice.

Will you be using metallic inks on the fronts for the "black" and "red" colors of the suit pips and values?  One of my favorite decks is the Bicycle Premier precisely because it uses the metallic inks on every card, not just one of the two primary colors of the deck.  I like the Titanium Editions from T11 but always thought it looked odd to have metallic red and flat black (and a blue that looks more like gray!).

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 05:05:42 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
As a quick FYI, artwork is complete on Aurum and is currently at USPCC being reviewed and getting ready for proofs. To answer Don's question above, yes all of the cards feature metallic inks. Spot cards have gold or purple along with a near-black metallic, and court cards will feature a bit of all three. They should be pretty shimmery and interesting. The subtle continuous line in the background of the faces will be normal black ink (though very light in tone). That line on the back will be metallic over a solid purple field.

The tuck case will also have some interesting features, which I will share more about later. Some things need to remain secret for a while, but if they can coordinate it properly it will be a special & unique thing...

Also, just in case you didn't see it, there is a little Facebook giveaway happening right now, so go check that out. You might win this sample deck:
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2012, 03:36:38 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
so damn excited for this deck! and its great to hear it wont be over kickstarter even though that probably means ill have to pay shipping this time around.

Quick random question... when can the backers that pledged for the clips expect them to be shipped?
have you heard the word???

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2012, 04:08:50 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Gunshy, BELIEVE ME, I want to ship the clips. :) The color ones are getting their lacquer and hopefully will be done in the near future. Conjuring Creations posted a pic of a black one a few days ago. I don't have dates for completion (the shop making them just doesn't give updates) but once the colors are done all the rest of the clips will go out.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2012, 07:57:24 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Another fun thing, straight from the mouth of USPCC. Some special things in store.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2012, 11:21:14 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
Gunshy, BELIEVE ME, I want to ship the clips. :) The color ones are getting their lacquer and hopefully will be done in the near future. Conjuring Creations posted a pic of a black one a few days ago. I don't have dates for completion (the shop making them just doesn't give updates) but once the colors are done all the rest of the clips will go out.

awesome, sounds great!

as for the aurum deck what will the price range be? with such an expensive tuck will they be in the 10$ range?

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2012, 06:47:13 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

awesome, sounds great!

as for the aurum deck what will the price range be? with such an expensive tuck will they be in the 10$ range?
I have no clue but my guess would be $8.95 for $9.95

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2012, 07:15:58 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Currently I'm planning on having them the same as Tendril, $9.95. I don't have the final quotes from USPCC on the cost, but Aurum will most likely end up there. There will also be some special items and the like, just as with my last deck.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2012, 09:43:07 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Sneak peek at a special collector display item:

http://encarded.com/index.php?id=36
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Holy $H!T that looks incredible! I definitely wan't to get my hands on that.

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2012, 02:58:40 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Everytime I look at this deck it reminds me of Crown Royal. lol 
- Adam

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2012, 03:29:27 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
That's not a bad thing :P

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2012, 03:49:04 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Purple + Gold has been a popular color combo for a LONG time. I'm surprised it hasn't been done in cards more often (or ever?). And thanks, now I have a good idea for a photo with some props. Off to the liquor store... :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2012, 04:03:50 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
who do i have to kill to get this? lol man this is sweet.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2012, 04:05:43 PM »

Cardist888

Yes aurum decks r comin! :) just hope they wont be overpriced cause i want a ton of these :D

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2012, 06:32:06 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

Purple + Gold has been a popular color combo for a LONG time. I'm surprised it hasn't been done in cards more often (or ever?). And thanks, now I have a good idea for a photo with some props. Off to the liquor store... :)
Hey, your absolutely welcome man. I like crown royal and when I would look at your deck it would remind me of it. Can't wait to see the pics now of the crown royal and your deck together!
- Adam

« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2012, 07:03:27 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I love the Lucite Case! - With only 25 my made/in circulation it'll be on my wishlist. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to get it when it's released. By the looks of it, the price might be around $100, so I'll see what i can do. :D
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2012, 09:11:09 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Another something special: http://encarded.com/index.php?id=37
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2012, 09:43:48 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
- Adam

« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2012, 11:27:51 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
That's an awesome idea Paul! I hope I can get my hands on one of them!

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2012, 04:13:48 PM »

Utterfool

• Elite Member
  • " I have nothing to declare except my folly"

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• last.fm:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:
Looks like a pretty intricate cut out on the front of the tuck case.
If that were so it would be even more unique than a holographic seal

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2012, 07:28:42 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Here's a new pic. I figured out what's special about it. It's absolutely genius!

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2012, 08:01:13 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2012, 12:13:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Full details. http://encarded.com/index.php?id=38

Wow, Paul - you really know how to make the fanboy collectors cry!  :))

Have you decided upon a distribution method yet?

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2012, 08:03:36 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The rarity of these was unintentional. I wanted the entire run to feature this, it simply wasn't possible. Just the laser cut eclipses the retail cost of most decks.

I haven't fully decided on a release method for these yet. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2012, 08:32:55 AM »

Noobmachine

The rarity of these was unintentional. I wanted the entire run to feature this, it simply wasn't possible. Just the laser cut eclipses the retail cost of most decks.

I haven't fully decided on a release method for these yet. :)

There's no doubt in my mind that these are going to be one of the most spectacular additions to playing cards in history, I am eagerly awaiting the release of these!!! I can only imagine the price tag on those, the artwork is just amazingly intricate and beautiful, I'd gladly pay $100 bucks for one of these works of art.

The only question I have about these is if the die-cut may make the box too fragile or that the little intricate details may tear off easily, they look quite flimsy in those pictures...

EDIT: Oh and is that embossing I see on the front of the box and is that embossing on the entire box?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 08:34:27 AM by Noobmachine »
Empty lousy signature is lousy and empty :(

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2012, 09:54:14 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The laser cut is rather intricate. I would not suggest just shoving it in a pocket and carrying around everyday. :)

Being a rather rare item, I'd guess most of them will stay in display cases.

Yes, there will be an extensive emboss on the front/flap/side. No ink, just emboss similar to the new white lions.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2012, 06:35:28 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Just a brief note that I just opened up the new website for Encarded. Information about Aurum, some new promo pictures, details and a whole new store await you! Check it out, and the Aurum pre-order will be happening pretty soon. http://encarded.com

Thanks!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2012, 06:52:43 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
count me in for this deck it looks really well thought out and really unique . :D

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2012, 12:25:54 AM »

anep21

• Elite Member
Have you decided on the release method? But I think with that price, you can release it in the normal way

« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2012, 12:43:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Just a brief note that I just opened up the new website for Encarded. Information about Aurum, some new promo pictures, details and a whole new store await you! Check it out, and the Aurum pre-order will be happening pretty soon. http://encarded.com

Thanks!

I'd just like to be clear about something, since it's not explicitly stated in the product descriptions.  Do all three versions have exactly the same deck in the box, just different boxes?

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2012, 09:58:03 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Thanks!

I'd just like to be clear about something, since it's not explicitly stated in the product descriptions.  Do all three versions have exactly the same deck in the box, just different boxes?

Yes, the cards themselves are the same.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2012, 11:00:51 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
What irks me is the fact that Paul (on multiple occasions) said how he hates when companies just recolor cards, or recolor courts; which I agree with whole heartedly, but then he goes and releases the same deck, with three different boxes.

Although I don't like the fact that there are three boxes with te same cards, I know the story behind it, and how they were all supposed to look like that, but then it would be incredibly pricey, and I'm ok with that, but then why did he decide to sell Tendril decks with just a gold seal?

I'm not trying to bash Paul, because I love his work (Tendril's are amongst my favorite decks and John can vouch for that), but the fact that he doesn't respect when companies go all out every time, and he doesn't like when they just do some recoloring, the fact that he sold Tendril's with the gold seal is like the pot calling the kettle black in my book.

Once again, no disrespect to Paul or Encarded as a whole, I'm just voicing my thoughts and opinions here.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2012, 11:40:04 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I hear you, and can see why you'd think that. However, I'd argue that these are actually quite different scenarios.

What you are talking about (and what I still don't like) is when a company designs a deck, sells it out, and then decides to do a new version. In most cases, this new version requires no actual work by the designer. They spec a new ink color, and USPC already has all the art. It's done, easy as that. That is a decision to simply extend a deck and drive collectors to want "all the versions" by doing no actual work.

With Aurum, it is quite different. There will still only be 5,000 of them. A very tiny portion will be special, and each one of those special editions required me to do box designs, negotiate for excessively expensive custom papers, go back and forth for weeks on how to actually accomplish things in a way that could be produced, design, test, redesign, test and redesign again. Yes, the cards are the same but these special versions are the "dream" deck. I wanted all of them to have the design of the laser cuts. That was unfortunately impossible, so I got as many of those made as I reasonably could. The mid-level deck has the amazing box stock, but again was very costly so I decided to do the portion I could. The purple deck has all the features but had to scale back to normal stock.

I did not want to give up on the "dream" version, so I made what I could. I think they will be amazing both in rarity and look. My prototype, sitting on the shelf in the sun, is (IMO) a beautiful object. Less a deck of cards and more an intricate small-scale sculpture. And my prototype does not even feature the gold foil, metallic inks and embossing. In a perfect world, there would be 5,000 of those for everyone to enjoy, but I'd have to mortgage my house to create that and it would still cost too much for most people. So, special versions are the result.

I hope that gives a little perspective. With unlimited funds, Aurum would be a different thing. But instead of simply giving up, I thought it best to bring at least a few into existence so a few more people could see the ultimate vision.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2012, 12:05:57 PM »

Adam

how are they sold out already????

« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2012, 12:24:26 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
how are they sold out already????

Preorders will begin soon. :)  They are sold out because I don't have any yet!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2012, 08:39:41 AM »

Utterfool

• Elite Member
  • " I have nothing to declare except my folly"

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• last.fm:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:
I hear you, and can see why you'd think that. However, I'd argue that these are actually quite different scenarios.

What you are talking about (and what I still don't like) is when a company designs a deck, sells it out, and then decides to do a new version. In most cases, this new version requires no actual work by the designer. They spec a new ink color, and USPC already has all the art. It's done, easy as that. That is a decision to simply extend a deck and drive collectors to want "all the versions" by doing no actual work.

With Aurum, it is quite different. There will still only be 5,000 of them. A very tiny portion will be special, and each one of those special editions required me to do box designs, negotiate for excessively expensive custom papers, go back and forth for weeks on how to actually accomplish things in a way that could be produced, design, test, redesign, test and redesign again. Yes, the cards are the same but these special versions are the "dream" deck. I wanted all of them to have the design of the laser cuts. That was unfortunately impossible, so I got as many of those made as I reasonably could. The mid-level deck has the amazing box stock, but again was very costly so I decided to do the portion I could. The purple deck has all the features but had to scale back to normal stock.

I did not want to give up on the "dream" version, so I made what I could. I think they will be amazing both in rarity and look. My prototype, sitting on the shelf in the sun, is (IMO) a beautiful object. Less a deck of cards and more an intricate small-scale sculpture. And my prototype does not even feature the gold foil, metallic inks and embossing. In a perfect world, there would be 5,000 of those for everyone to enjoy, but I'd have to mortgage my house to create that and it would still cost too much for most people. So, special versions are the result.

I hope that gives a little perspective. With unlimited funds, Aurum would be a different thing. But instead of simply giving up, I thought it best to bring at least a few into existence so a few more people could see the ultimate vision.

I would have preferred a pre-order where you make the decks to suite the audience that wants them. If this is truthfully a deck box design you wished everyone could have you should have done it that way, the people who wanted it would wait for it to get made to order. You have the people pay up front so that way you don't have to mortgage the house and everyone who wants one of those unbelievable decks will get one. The value will still be good on the deck, but people who want them will actually get them, instead of the re-sellers with fast connections.
I would love one of the laser cut decks and am quite willing to pay the asking price, but I already know even at that asking price I have absolutely no chance in getting one. Yet at the same time I can name at least 3 Ebay sellers who will have them available hours after you sell out at 2 to 3 times that price.

« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2012, 09:19:41 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

I would have preferred a pre-order where you make the decks to suite the audience that wants them. If this is truthfully a deck box design you wished everyone could have you should have done it that way, the people who wanted it would wait for it to get made to order. You have the people pay up front so that way you don't have to mortgage the house and everyone who wants one of those unbelievable decks will get one. The value will still be good on the deck, but people who want them will actually get them, instead of the re-sellers with fast connections.

I would love one of the laser cut decks and am quite willing to pay the asking price, but I already know even at that asking price I have absolutely no chance in getting one. Yet at the same time I can name at least 3 Ebay sellers who will have them available hours after you sell out at 2 to 3 times that price.

The "problem" with my design is that it is simply impractical to make at larger scales. So, we had to make smaller numbers, and in that case I thought it best to set a number. Since they will, by definition become a rare thing, having it known to all precisely how many there are and letting everyone get them at the same time seemed best to me. Doing things 'made to order' can quickly become difficult when you are a one-man shop and have a thousand other orders. :)

As to the chances of getting one, you can never tell with these things but it will probably be tricky. However, I'm doing what I can to make sure it's fair. I'll release them into the store in a few batches at different times, and if those do sell out immediately I will have a drawing for the remainder. I'm also going to auction one off for charity. Finally, I am limiting how many you can buy to avoid a reseller swooping in, buying 10 and immediately eBaying them. That drives me nuts too.

Not perfect, I admit, but I hope that's better than what other folks have tried. At any rate, I do greatly appreciate the interest in my creations and hope people get what they want. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2012, 11:06:29 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

In theory, that's a great idea, but in practice it can be a problem, assuming he even could make the fancier boxes in volume and at an acceptable pace so he's not still making decks into 2014 or something.  The problem - if not enough buyers want to buy the deck at the higher price, he can't make it and is forced to downgrade the product just to get it sold.  His solution is fine - so what if you don't get the pretty box?  All three tuck boxes have the exact same cards in them.

« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2012, 01:59:37 PM »

sway

• Forum Regular
I noticed that Paul has been very meticulous about the release of Aurum. This is a hell of a nice deck, man. Congrats!

The one thing I didn't get and think can probably become an issue in the future is: why put the mid-level deck into the Lucite Display Cases?.

« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2012, 02:22:14 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I noticed that Paul has been very meticulous about the release of Aurum. This is a hell of a nice deck, man. Congrats!

The one thing I didn't get and think can probably become an issue in the future is: why put the mid-level deck into the Lucite Display Cases?.

In what way would that be an issue?

Top-shelf deck: a display in its own way, delicate, probably not something you want to squish into a plastic case.

Mid-range deck: very nice, attractive, desirable.

Economy deck: perfectly fine, the box isn't as fancy but it's still attractive in its own right.

He chose the deck that wasn't a display of its own, and was the next step down in box quality/price.

« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2012, 03:10:27 PM »

sway

• Forum Regular
Top-shelf deck: a display in its own way, delicate, probably not something you want to squish into a plastic case.

(...)

He chose the deck that wasn't a display of its own, and was the next step down in box quality/price.

Ok, thinking about the top-tier deck as a "display on its own" makes the option for the mid-level deck more plausible.

Still, it's odd that the rarest edition isn't the one featured into the display cases. Specially when you consider the difference in price and rarity between those two versions of Aurum.

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2012, 09:56:39 PM »

jhayel84

• True Member
I find this odd too but encarded has some valid reasons why he decided to do this.

Personally I cant justify to spend $179 for the laser cut edition even though I can afford it unless if I stare too long on looking the images of it on the website then it might grow on me and It might just change my mind. =D

Remember if you cannot afford it dont buy it. If you are confused whether to get it or not, dont because you might just regret it later.

« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2012, 10:26:37 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
I definitely can't justify getting either the lucite case or the laser-cut deck. Might get a White Gold edition though if I'm able to. Definitely looking forward to these cards though. I loved the Tendril design and these look awesome as well.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:30:40 PM by sr15 »

« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
That was something I pondered for quite a while. With just a few dozen of the laser cuts available, I wanted those to be consistent I guess. By having some in the display, and some not, I thought that would be odd for the collector. I also felt that the cost of that item would be far too high (since some folks find the separate costs too high already :) )

In the end, it's just one of those things that I had to decide, and since I have no committee telling me what to do, I just go for what I think is best.

Oh, I also announced the official preorder. Next Friday, November 2nd, 11am EST. Details here. http://encarded.com/preorder/

Thanks everyone, looking forward to getting you this one!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2012, 01:33:57 PM »

billysac

« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2012, 02:49:21 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/encarded/aurum-custom-playing-cards-from-encarded

Very sneaky!
Thanks for posting that billysac.  Almost missed out.  14 left after I grabbed one!
- Adam

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2012, 02:50:59 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I grabbed one about an hour ago. I really like this idea, Paul!

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2012, 02:56:39 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Thank my marketing-whiz wife for that one.  ;)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2012, 03:17:41 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

Thank my marketing-whiz wife for that one.  ;)
Thank you Mrs. Carpenter!!
- Adam

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2012, 04:38:45 PM »

Cardist888

so the release is on November 2 11am. Darn thats not the best time for me i have school  :(
can you do something about it? probably not but pleasehelp

On the other hand this deck is a true collectors item and is an amazing deck tired of black and white decks  :)

« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2012, 04:44:44 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I totally understand. As the person releasing the products it's really hard to decide on a time that works for every person across the entire world. 11am seems to hit the most people being awake at a reasonable time of day in the US all the way over to Asia. I won't be able to change the time, but I would honestly be flabbergasted if they sold out before you got home from school.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2012, 05:12:02 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

Hey Paul,

I love your tagline! Very topical for all of the 1-Color Black Decks that seem to be coming out lately.

"Black and white decks are for peasants. Play with Royalty."

thanks, Randy

« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2012, 06:56:19 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Love it Paul,

I managed to snag a deck as well earlier today. It's the first deck I have purchased in a while. Since I do not own any of your decks, I sort of felt obligated to add it to the collection. Looks great!

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2012, 07:30:07 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Haven't been around in a while, congratulations on selling out on your decks, but $175? Really?  It appears that a greater gap between myself and collecting new designs has grown, because I really just don't get excited about any new releases anymore. Even one that appears to have a great following as this deck... Again, good luck, but all the hype to me is just over the top and I have other things to spend my hard earned $ on these days...

« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2012, 08:46:45 PM »

billysac

Again, good luck, but all the hype to me is just over the top and I have other things to spend my hard earned $ on these days...

Would that include lap dances and boxes of zebra cakes?

« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2012, 10:29:57 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
well I really wish I would have seen that kickstarter link earlier. Guess I will have to wait. Though I wont be able to order right when he starts so hopefully the white ones are still available to pre-order when I get home from work that day.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2012, 07:16:45 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
Haven't been around in a while, congratulations on selling out on your decks, but $175? Really?  It appears that a greater gap between myself and collecting new designs has grown, because I really just don't get excited about any new releases anymore. Even one that appears to have a great following as this deck... Again, good luck, but all the hype to me is just over the top and I have other things to spend my hard earned $ on these days...

it's 175 for one really rare version of the deck. the regular decks go for like 11-12 bucks so it's not like it's that much more expensive than any custom deck coming out these days. The decks themselves look awesome and definitely deserve the hype imo, even though I most likely won't be buying any of the special editions.

« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2012, 11:29:22 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got a few final production Aurum uncut sheets today. USPCC did a great job, and these cards are pretty crazy. It's impossible to capture the full effect in a photo, they are very much a "jewel" and unlike any card I have, or have seen. I think you all will be quite pleased when you get to see them with your own eyes.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Looks awesome Paul!  Cant wait to receive my deck from kickstarter and more from your website once available  ;)
- Adam

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2012, 05:33:49 PM »

DC

• Forum Regular
Dear Paul,

May I ask if there any EMS or courier express ;p shipping option please?
Are you base on the South or East coast of US please?
Just getting VERY excited about this release!
If you are on the south coast, that means I should get these beautiful decks sooner (I think!) ;p

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Doris

« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2012, 08:35:27 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Doris, I currently ship everything via USPS services. Once I get a little more experience with massive worldwide shipments I'll look at other optional services. Making them all flow smoothly in a logistical sense is tricky. :)

I am located in Florida, so I have both South and East covered.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2012, 11:07:42 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Just ordered my decks!  Cant wait to get them now  :D
- Adam

« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2012, 11:29:49 AM »

jhayel84

• True Member
How come there is no discount if you buy at least 6 decks? to deter profiteers?  :)

« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2012, 11:32:18 AM »

Cardist888

wow the site is having heavy traffic cant order my decks it says process failed or something lik tat help?

« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2012, 11:48:55 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
wow the site is having heavy traffic cant order my decks it says process failed or something lik tat help?
Really??  I logged on 7 minutes after the release time and felt like I was the only one on the site ordering.
- Adam

« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2012, 11:54:25 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
There were a LOT of people all at once. Nothing went down, but some people seem to have had an issue with the Paypal part of the process.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2012, 12:03:38 PM »

jhayel84

• True Member
2 bricks done  ;) It was a bit slow when checking out but no problems when I paid via paypal

« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2012, 12:07:33 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
2 bricks done  ;) It was a bit slow when checking out but no problems when I paid via paypal

When you say it was a bit slow checking out, can you tell me exactly at what point in the process it was giving you a problem? I've noticed several folks with orders that seem to be "pending payment" for a bit too long.

Thanks for the order!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2012, 12:32:09 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
couldn't login as an existing customer, reset my password but didn't receive the email yet.... is a deck worth 179 bucks and a luite case 159 bucks? as limited as it is that's pretty steep for a deck of cards and a deck of cards with a nicely printed design 'case' so I'll pass for that, not sure if I'm gonna regret later... still getting this awesome deck though! the more affordable ones.  ;)

EDIT: can't register as well, when all required fields are filled, the site still wants me to fill everything and does not bring me to 'step 3' even if i manually did that, another problem arises, I selected Singapore as my country but it requires me to select a US state, must be a bug of sorts, i recall not having this when i registered. ahh, will purchase again tmr morning..
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:44:12 PM by K »
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2012, 12:59:46 PM »

anep21

• Elite Member
Any coupon code?

« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2012, 01:07:24 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
EDIT: can't register as well, when all required fields are filled, the site still wants me to fill everything and does not bring me to 'step 3' even if i manually did that, another problem arises, I selected Singapore as my country but it requires me to select a US state, must be a bug of sorts, i recall not having this when i registered. ahh, will purchase again tmr morning..

I just tested that by making a new account and going to the address book, selected SIngapore as my country and it properly disabled the US state field and switched it to State/Province.

I'm unsure what might be happening with your particular account. You can email me at encarded@gmail.com and I can look at your account and see if we can fix. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2012, 08:57:56 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

Same issue, I'm gunna try and check out as a guest.
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2012, 09:19:16 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Try clearing your browser cache and cookies. One person had a similar issue fixed that way. Then login, and in your account section make sure you fill in your address before you try to add items to your cart and checkout.

Sorry for the inconvenience! Most folks have gotten through smoothly but there does seem to be a few people that get their checkout info messed up at which point they are stuck.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2012, 09:21:16 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Some random fun factuals:

- In the roughly 9 hours since I opened things, there have been about 7,000 pages loaded on the site
- Aurum has taken in, during those 9 hours, roughly what the Tendril Kickstarter did in 6-7 days
- As you would expect, the Sovereign edition is most popular, followed by the White Gold which is selling very quickly. The rare items are selling well considering their price point.
- Right at 11am, the site was sending out about 30 pages per second which is a lot for my tiny site
- There has been a consistent 8-30 users on the site at any one time since 11am

Some international people had a few issues, and some people seem to have some mistmaches in their Paypal but on the whole it's working pretty well. It's always scary to launch something completely new!

Thanks to everyone that got some, I can't wait to get these out to you all.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2012, 09:41:14 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Thanks for the advice Paul. That worked,

Created the account first before proceeding to checkout so all the address fields were already filled.

Could only order two decks as funds are really low this month.

So, when can we expect a Tendril V2? I ordered 6 decks but because it's my favorite deck I only have 2 still wrapped in cellophane as I've been using them so much.
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2012, 12:03:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

So, when can we expect a Tendril V2? I ordered 6 decks but because it's my favorite deck I only have 2 still wrapped in cellophane as I've been using them so much.

Paul's philosophy on this has been rare, limited runs only.  Unless he's changed that, there will be no versions after the first on any of his decks.

Oh, wait - it's still there, still the same.
http://encarded.com/philosophy/

You might want to go easy on those remaining decks you have, as they may be the last ones you'll get.

« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2012, 10:03:42 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

As Don noted, I won't be redoing Tendril, Aurum or any of my decks. It's conceivable I could make a "companion" deck someday but that would end up being a unique item as well. I don't like to just do a minor variation and pretend my work is done.

My next deck, which I started concepts on, is once again 180 degrees from Aurum and totally different from Tendril. I like to mix things up. :)

Glad you like my work though!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2012, 03:46:55 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
Just ordered a couple decks, can't wait to get them. Since it's a preorder I'm guessing that they won't ship out for a while. Do you know when these are supposed to ship out, Paul?

also can someone please explain to me how it only cost $4.50 for shipping these while it cost me almost 12 bucks to ship from E? ridiculous

« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2012, 04:05:22 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Just ordered a couple decks, can't wait to get them. Since it's a preorder I'm guessing that they won't ship out for a while. Do you know when these are supposed to ship out, Paul?

also can someone please explain to me how it only cost $4.50 for shipping these while it cost me almost 12 bucks to ship from E? ridiculous

To answer your first question, USPCC has told me they expect to ship me the decks within 2 weeks. I will begin shipments shortly after they arrive here. I fully hope to have all preorders on their way before December, but we will see what their timeline is.

To the second, I take what the USPS tells me it costs, add a very moderate fee for the shipping supplies and my time, and that is all. I prefer to make the deck cost what I think it is worth, and allow the shipping to just be that, shipping and handling. I can't lose money on that process and without having complex logistics I have to keep it simple, but other places seem to think that making a deck "cheap" ($8) and then charging $7-10 to ship it is better. I heard some little grumblings that my limited, highly customized, multiple metallic inked, complex diecut deck was $11.95. However, shipped to you, it is the same as many of the very basic decks from the "big guys". 

:D
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2012, 04:17:42 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
3 aurum decks plus shipping was $40 and some change for me. 3 sultan treasuries plus shipping was $44 and change.

« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2012, 04:27:31 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
3 aurum decks plus shipping was $40 and some change for me. 3 sultan treasuries plus shipping was $44 and change.

Well see? There ya go! Not to say that those other decks aren't very nice, but you can't just look at deck price alone. SInce almost no one can go into a store and by them in person, we are all at the mercy of the shipping and handling department.  8)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
you can leave a bad rating on ebay for a seller that charges extra in shipping to raise profits. Unfortunately I can't do that for Ellusionist

oh well

« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2012, 09:32:11 PM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
Just ordered a bunch of Aurum stuff. Can't wait to get them. The decks look beautiful!

Hey Paul, I'm the one who ordered for delivery to New Zealand. Please pack them well  ;)

« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2012, 09:40:39 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Just ordered a bunch of Aurum stuff. Can't wait to get them. The decks look beautiful!

Hey Paul, I'm the one who ordered for delivery to New Zealand. Please pack them well  ;)

Thanks for the order, I'll pack things as well as I possibly can, promise. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2012, 11:18:07 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I just got the sample production tucks for each edition. They are lovely, you guys will love them. See more at: http://encarded.com/aurum-promo/

Paul Carpenter

« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2012, 11:57:59 AM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

Very nice!

I didn't realize the Purple Tuck Box even had the Diecut on the back. Bonus!!
I can see why they limited the production for the Laser Cut version to 75.
That is a very detailed Dieline that probably couldn't have been done the traditional way.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2012, 12:03:28 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Very nice!

That is a very detailed Dieline that probably couldn't have been done the traditional way.

thanks, Randy

Thanks Randy. On the laser ones, I actually had a much more complex design and that one couldn't be done even with the laser. It took about 4 revisions before we arrived at something that could be laser cut and not be so fragile it would tear immediately. Lots of experimenting for that one little feature...
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2012, 12:29:43 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

Very nice!

Neither did I!    :P
- Adam

« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2012, 08:15:26 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Very nice!

thanks, Randy

Thanks Randy. On the laser ones, I actually had a much more complex design and that one couldn't be done even with the laser. It took about 4 revisions before we arrived at something that could be laser cut and not be so fragile it would tear immediately. Lots of experimenting for that one little feature...

I gotta say, this deck's looking better and better to me every time I see it.  I'm just hoping that my wallet agrees sometime soon!

« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2012, 10:57:50 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got one Aurum deck today and it's looking very nice. The borders came out very thin, just as I'd wanted. USPCC also sent me a gift of 1 gilded Aurum deck, which I was not expecting! It's quite the little jewel.

Won't be long now.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2012, 11:51:52 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I got one Aurum deck today and it's looking very nice. The borders came out very thin, just as I'd wanted. USPCC also sent me a gift of 1 gilded Aurum deck, which I was not expecting! It's quite the little jewel.

Won't be long now.
Man, that gilded deck looks nice!   That was pretty nice of USPCC to do that for you.   Im sure you were really surprised and exicted.
- Adam

« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2012, 10:39:30 PM »

thecardician

• Newcomer
Hey Paul,

Just ordered the laser cut one, hope it arrive ok down here in Brazil!

thanks for designing such a beautiful deck!

Regards,

Alex

« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2012, 09:36:57 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Hey Paul,

Just ordered the laser cut one, hope it arrive ok down here in Brazil!

thanks for designing such a beautiful deck!

Regards,

Alex

Thanks Alex, I did see that go through. Those decks will be packaged up very securely for sure! :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2012, 04:45:27 PM »

DrianAbara

• Forum Regular

you can leave a bad rating on ebay for a seller that charges extra in shipping to raise profits. Unfortunately I can't do that for Ellusionist

oh well

If you are referring to the ridiculously high prices before Sultan Treasuries were released to the public, then you can ask to get refunded the difference. If that's not what you're talking about, I apologise for my babbling
Love is magic

« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2012, 05:56:14 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran

oh well

If you are referring to the ridiculously high prices before Sultan Treasuries were released to the public, then you can ask to get refunded the difference. If that's not what you're talking about, I apologise for my babbling

I was referring to that and I already got a partial refund through E, so no problems there anymore.

I want these freakin decks nowwwww

« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2012, 06:09:05 PM »

jhayel84

• True Member
Hey Paul

I have sent you an email on the 04 November regarding my order #100000119 because I have some requests but I still have not received a response from you. My apologies if I have to contact you through here but it seems that this is the only way to get your attention. I am also having a hard time getting a reply from you in kickstarter before because it takes a few days before you reply.

I would appreciate if I can have a reply from you within a reasonable timeframe

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:10:07 PM by jhayel84 »

« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Hey Paul

I have sent you an email on the 04 November regarding my order #100000119 because I have some requests but I still have not received a response from you. My apologies if I have to contact you through here but it seems that this is the only way to get your attention. I am also having a hard time getting a reply from you in kickstarter before because it takes a few days before you reply.

I would appreciate if I can have a reply from you within a reasonable timeframe

Thanks

If it's order 119 then I assume this is Joseph? If so, I actually replied to your email on the 3rd about 13 minutes after you sent it. Sorry you didn't get it, not sure where it might have gone.

If it's about the signatures, yes that's not a problem at all and I can send replacements for the other things. :)

Very rarely a message might slip through the cracks but I generally reply to people nearly immediately. Being in Australia though, you are pretty much opposite time from me so you might have some delay. Thanks.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2012, 09:21:13 PM »

jhayel84

• True Member
Thanks for your reply Paul. Yup that is me  :)

I have not received your reply but that is fine since you are already aware of it. I hope it is not too late for you to sign the decks now since I already received the shipping confirmation for my order. Are the tendril replacements going to be sent with my aurum order?

And while I'm at it any updates on the eco clips?

« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2012, 09:52:58 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
a large batch of Eco clips went out today, and the rest will go out as soon as I get the final batch of Teal. I will send your replacements for the damaged Tendril along with the Aurum decks, it's just easier to send decks together in this case. Thanks!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2012, 04:27:11 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Looky looky what I got in the mail today!
- Adam

« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2012, 04:48:42 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Cool beans, I think you might the first person to get one, or at least the first that has mentioned it! Preorders are starting to ship out today as well and will continue to go out as I get them together.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2012, 05:46:27 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I too received mine today. It looks beautiful man; a true work of art.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2012, 09:42:10 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoy the deck! I'm quite pleased with the outcome of this project.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2012, 11:08:12 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
is there any way to get a shipping # from my order info?

« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2012, 11:38:16 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Your order might not have shipped yet, I haven't gotten everything out. When your order ships, you'll get an email and that wil have the tracking info in it.

If you can tell me your order number, I can let you know the status but everything should be shipped in the next 2 days.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #147 on: November 29, 2012, 01:02:48 AM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Got mine today! Was breaking into the deck and I have to say, they look ridiculously amazing! The delicate designs really do look different when you look at them from different angles, appearing at times and disappearing at others. Oh, and giant fans look awesome thanks to the thin borders and the designs at the corner. Well done Paul!

P.S.: Paul, I'm already looking forward to your next deck! Any teasers or sneak previews like what you did for the Tendril backers on Aurum deck?  ;D

« Reply #148 on: November 29, 2012, 01:31:45 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran

Your order might not have shipped yet, I haven't gotten everything out. When your order ships, you'll get an email and that wil have the tracking info in it.

If you can tell me your order number, I can let you know the status but everything should be shipped in the next 2 days.

just got an email, can't wait to get them

« Reply #149 on: November 29, 2012, 09:41:29 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Got mine today! Was breaking into the deck and I have to say, they look ridiculously amazing! The delicate designs really do look different when you look at them from different angles, appearing at times and disappearing at others. Oh, and giant fans look awesome thanks to the thin borders and the designs at the corner. Well done Paul!

P.S.: Paul, I'm already looking forward to your next deck! Any teasers or sneak previews like what you did for the Tendril backers on Aurum deck?  ;D

Glad you like them Leon! It is hard to capture all the details in a still picture, seeing them in person is quite different so thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I actually have a 3rd deck well in progress. However, the way I do things takes a long time. I will probably ponder and tweak this for weeks/months before sharing anything. I can say that just as Aurum is completely different from Tendril, this third one will also be a 180 degree turn and be nothing like the others. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2012, 11:08:11 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
got mine today, and I have to say that this deck has lived up to any hype/expectations that it had. You really have to see the deck in person to appreciate the design. I'd describe it as somewhat like the ornate deck in terms of detail, but much more subtle which is a good thing. I really like the design on the ornate decks but it can be a bit over the top, so this amount of detail done in a way that isn't quite so loud is refreshing. The tuck box has to be one of the best I've seen, and the cutout in the back + the back design shown through it looks sick.

Twelve bucks a deck is a bit steep but it really is an amazing deck. One thing I was somewhat worried about was the handling, but the deck handles great as well. Seems like bee stock + magic finish, which is a great combo. I was worried because while I love the tendril deck design, for whatever reason it never handled that great. Maybe the stock + large amounts of ink is the reason, but whatever the reason it felt kinda cheap. For this deck though, handling is as good as any deck I own and overall I think the deck lives up to its price tag.

consider this my deck review because I don't really do videos. Bottom line, f you can afford it, get it.

« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2012, 06:18:56 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The guys just finished the first Trailer for Aurum. They did a really nice job! I think it's worth a couple minutes of your time. :)

http://youtu.be/symK4pWBEBc
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2012, 06:26:27 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
The guys just finished the first Trailer for Aurum. They did a really nice job! I think it's worth a couple minutes of your time. :)

Very well done.   I enjoyed it.   Do you know where they did the filming at by chance?
- Adam

« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2012, 06:48:54 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Very well done.   I enjoyed it.   Do you know where they did the filming at by chance?

I don't know the precise location, but Dominic lives in Bremen, Germany so I assume it's around town there.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2012, 07:13:11 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

I don't know the precise location, but Dominic lives in Bremen, Germany so I assume it's around town there.
Oh nice.   Yeah, I was just curious.   Thanks.
- Adam

« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2012, 05:20:36 PM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:
Words cannot express how I feel right now.   :(

Glad I have an extra but hard lesson learn, make sure your pants are empty before throwing them in the washer. Otherwise a part of you will die inside  :mindf-ck:

I'd rather lose my red artifice than my Aurum deck in all honesty
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 05:23:43 PM by DeckReview »
www.youtube.com/deckreview
The simplist card reviews on youtube

« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2012, 06:22:50 PM »

thecardician

• Newcomer
Finally got mine :(
Man, decks take a lot of time to arrive here in Brazil!
Paul, thanks for this decks, they are amazing! Thanks for the autheticity certificate too!
Looking forward for more decks from you man!

« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2012, 08:26:13 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Glad I have an extra but hard lesson learn, make sure your pants are empty before throwing them in the washer. Otherwise a part of you will die inside  :mindf-ck:

Oh no!! That is a sad sight indeed. Tell ya what, I'll get one in the mail tomorrow for you. Everyone needs more than one Aurum. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #158 on: December 06, 2012, 08:45:30 PM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:

Oh no!! That is a sad sight indeed. Tell ya what, I'll get one in the mail tomorrow for you. Everyone needs more than one Aurum. :)

Thank you Encarded! You have no idea how mad I was when I popped open my washer only to see all my clothes with paper pulp all over and to top it off it was my Aurum that was pulped :'(

« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2012, 09:05:31 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

YIKES!!!   That sucks sooo bad man.   You can literally see paper fragments scattered all over your clothes.   That's so nice of Paul to send you a new one.   No good deed goes unnoticed.   2 thumbs up for Paul.   
- Adam

« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2012, 10:46:47 PM »

DC

• Forum Regular
Thank you, Paul! Received mine today!
They are beautifully made!
The Laser cut version is incredible! Love the cut!

« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2012, 10:54:32 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Glad you like them! Thank you for the support, it's appreciated.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2012, 09:09:22 AM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:

Glad you like them! Thank you for the support, it's appreciated.

Got mine too! This deck is awesome! The sheer amount of detail put into these is staggering.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2012, 09:24:23 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Thank you Encarded! You have no idea how mad I was when I popped open my washer only to see all my clothes with paper pulp all over and to top it off it was my Aurum that was pulped :'(

I can understand the despair. Frame that poor Aurum, as a reminder to take care of your cards. :)

You've got a new one on the way today, enjoy.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2012, 11:27:23 PM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:
Got the Aurum deck! Thanks man, you are a miracle worker!

« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2012, 08:30:03 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Glad you got it. Take care of that one, my generosity has its limits. :D

Enjoy!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #166 on: December 22, 2012, 10:36:29 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Check out the new review from Savanna, http://youtu.be/XjwSSlvcxBk

Aurum is still available, but remember that once it's sold out this deck will never appear again.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #167 on: December 23, 2012, 03:51:22 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Oh god, anything but a Savanna video. []_[]
Forum Founder.

« Reply #168 on: December 23, 2012, 04:13:01 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
hooooly shit... and that's why ive stopped watching reviews.

how many times can someone repeat themselves. Joker and thief makes the  best reviews; SHORT and to the point.

annnny whooo i gotta say i do love this deck. it doesn't quite have that same almost glossy feel that the tendrils had, but it still feels quite nice.

« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2012, 04:23:54 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
Oh god, anything but a Savanna video. []_[]

this x1000

« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2012, 07:24:50 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
hooooly shit... and that's why ive stopped watching reviews.

how many times can someone repeat themselves. Joker and thief makes the  best reviews; SHORT and to the point.

Why thank you! That actually means a lot!

With a little bit of community support we can share our reviews with the majority of the community! :)

Cheers!

Oh and a job well done Paul!
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Sorry, Paul, I didn't mean to derail your thread into an anti-Savanna discussion. You guys can start another thread for that if you want. :P

Back on topic: Paul, I haven't been reading every post like crazy lately. So is there any news on your next project/plans for 2013?
Forum Founder.

« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2012, 07:25:15 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
why what did savanna do ?

« Reply #173 on: December 23, 2012, 07:27:59 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

Personally her reviews just are not my cup of tea, but it seems that a lot of people dislike her videos (I had no idea when I made my post). Like I said, new thread or end the discussion please.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #174 on: December 24, 2012, 02:59:17 AM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:

She does uninteresting unboxing videos  :mindf-ck:

On a more related note concerning the Aurum deck, I am making another "Card Clash" video making it versus the theory11's Artisans deck because they're both gold themed and they both start with the letter ''A''. My subscribers will watch anything I put up regardless  ;D It'll be up either November 26th or 27th, my next days off.

Card Clash is pretty much a comparison video of the 2 decks and in the end of the video I recommend which I prefer. I would reference my previous 2 "Clash" videos but they're terrible and embarrassing. This new video will be more logical in selecting the winner.

« Reply #175 on: December 24, 2012, 06:00:32 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
It'll be up either November 26th or 27th, my next days off.
Are you planning on traveling back in time or do we have to wait for 330 some days next year for your video? lol
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 06:01:06 AM by Knobz1 »
- Adam

« Reply #176 on: December 24, 2012, 02:32:04 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Are you planning on traveling back in time or do we have to wait for 330 some days next year for your video? lol
Probably meant Dec.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #177 on: December 24, 2012, 02:36:47 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Probably meant Dec.
I know.   Just teasing him.    ;)
- Adam

« Reply #178 on: December 24, 2012, 05:50:32 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Back on topic: Paul, I haven't been reading every post like crazy lately. So is there any news on your next project/plans for 2013?

I've got a couple other projects in various stages right now. I expect it will be a while before things appear (and gotta sell out Aurum eventually), but probably will have another two decks within the next year. Still having fun working on new ideas. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #179 on: December 31, 2012, 08:42:07 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
To celebrate 2013 and the start of our second year, January is going to be a "specials" month with various items on sale, plus the Aurum factory seconds and Tendril Eco clips will be available.

Jan 1-31st, be there! Visit http://encarded.com/latest-news for the specifics. Thanks everyone!
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2013, 12:11:12 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
We have a couple important announcements for the month of February.

First, for the entire month of February the Aurum decks are all on sale! If you haven't picked up some yet, now would be a great time. http://encarded.com/playing-cards/aurum.html

Second, we had a fun idea recently and are starting up a new Encarded Associates program. If you love playing cards and like to talk about them, review them or take pictures of them, you can earn free Encarded products, win rare items, and save money! We wanted to make a program that gives everyone a little something special, so read about the details here:

http://encarded.com/associates/
Paul Carpenter