The-Con-Artist.com

Author (Read 44746 times)

Re: The-Con-Artist.com
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2012, 08:28:42 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member

[/quote]
SpadedQueen
Sorry love, but I am missing a few body parts to be a "dude".  Lol.
[/quote]
Sorry, I didn't look and think about your handle....
Cheers and love back ;D

« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2012, 08:55:20 PM »

SpadedQueen

• Newcomer
No worries!  ;)

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2012, 09:34:33 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
@SQ: First off, I forgot to say welcome to the forums. Let not your first impression be that of a hateful community, we are very welcoming and the good people here are very kind to the card community. They have helped several projects go from nothing to a full-blown Kickstarter project that gets major funding, mine included.

We are also very, very card obsessed. We know the in's and out's of the industry, and while none of us are single-handedly geniuses on the matter, as a collective we have the power to check each other's claims.

However, you said in your post that "not all of the evidence is damning." There need be but one shred of damning evidence and no matter what excuse you can come up with for the other stuff, nothing excuses blatant ripping of artwork for use on a commercial site (or any site, technically). Would you pay for a pirated CD? Would you buy a stolen car? So why in the world would you spend a single minute of your time supporting this hack?

I mean, it's not like the selection of quality products is hard to find in the card world, and the selection of mediocre and terrible products is certainly easy to horde.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2012, 12:00:17 AM »

SpadedQueen

• Newcomer
@SQ: First off, I forgot to say welcome to the forums. Let not your first impression be that of a hateful community, we are very welcoming and the good people here are very kind to the card community. They have helped several projects go from nothing to a full-blown Kickstarter project that gets major funding, mine included.

We are also very, very card obsessed. We know the in's and out's of the industry, and while none of us are single-handedly geniuses on the matter, as a collective we have the power to check each other's claims.

However, you said in your post that "not all of the evidence is damning." There need be but one shred of damning evidence and no matter what excuse you can come up with for the other stuff, nothing excuses blatant ripping of artwork for use on a commercial site (or any site, technically). Would you pay for a pirated CD? Would you buy a stolen car? So why in the world would you spend a single minute of your time supporting this hack?

I mean, it's not like the selection of quality products is hard to find in the card world, and the selection of mediocre and terrible products is certainly easy to horde.

Thanks for the belated welcome alex!  :) I do not feel like this is a hateful cummunity, and I applaud the fact that many out there are being wary of this guy. Maybe you can help me out with this (about the artwork), but my understanding was that the picture in question came from this site: http://www.pptbackgrounds.net/blue-matrix-backgrounds.html, which The-Con-Artist admitted to. I checked out the site, and they are free downloads for you to use as you wish, including websites. I am not seeing how he stole any artwork, and supposedly there is a different website that will be launching. Does anyone know when or what it will look like? Was there another picture that you meant? The other cover picture was researched and found to have no duplicates on the web. Supposedly it is an original taken by TCA. Please understand, that I am not trying to make excuses, this is just information that I found. So again, if there was a picture that I am missing that was ripped off from somewhere, please slap me upside the head and bring me in to reality!

Aside from all of the other stuff, where does he stand in the cardistry/magic community? I think I saw a few posts on here about him winning something at a film festival? Is the movie out there somewhere? Also that his name is on the Arcane Gaff Cards? I would be interested to know what he contributed. I have a few decks of those myself, and love giving credit where it is due. For those that do know the ins and outs of the business, do you have connections to find out or are willing to find out? Then maybe we can see what some of his designs actually look like. I would rather look at what he has actually done rather than what he may or may not have done. Everything else has been speculation...unless someone on here was standing next to him when these things happened, how can anyone say this is 100% why he did this? When it all comes out in to the light, I will be happy to say either one of two things: "I'm glad I waited it out so I didn't get scammed," or "I'm glad I waited and didn't judge. And the free deck of cards was a nice touch." Either way, I know you guys will make your minds up on your own about what you think.

« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2012, 12:53:55 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Personal websites are not commercial websites. He was promoting a product that he intended to sell on his site. This is directly from that site's TOS:

"Use of any resources offered for commercial purposes is prohibited."

Most free resource sites have a similar clause. The sheer fact that someone who can't design a website and uses Go-Daddy insta-pages as well as ripped artwork is marketing a deck is scary.

As for his contribution to the Arcane Gaff deck, people here have mentioned that he probably posted a cool idea on the forums and was then seen begging for free swag for his "help."

Someone, I won't mention who yet, suggested a nifty feature for the Harlequin deck that I may be implementing. That person will get their name hidden in the deck and no further credit. If that person then goes around saying that he designed the Harlequin deck, he will get a swift kick in the nads (this guy originally claimed he designed the Arcane Gaff until that was debunked).

On an unrelated note, SQ, go make an intro thread in the intro board if you'd like. To my knowledge we have three or four active women on this board... maybe five? We have insane diversity across every field except gender.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2012, 09:40:53 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Saw that Mike the Greek was wearing his fight wear brand in a televised event. Also, did anyone check out the pic that The-Con-Artist just posted? Looks like artwork to me.

Wow, really?  I missed that video; where is it?

Also, he just posted a small grey blob.  I can't really be bothered finding out exactly where it's from; that would be very time consuming but I seriously doubt he made it himself because nothing else was made himself and that little pic could be anything (no, the carbon fibre paper was not a photo he took himself).

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2012, 06:07:45 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Ohaithur.

Kanped gave me the location of that moron that owns TCA, and so I tracked the IP of SpadedQueen - guess who it is? The owner of TCA. They're from the same city.

Now either SpadedQueen is his little sister or it's him making fraudulent accounts. :D

Let me be the first to say this:

The-Con-Artist is a giant sack of turds.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2012, 06:20:13 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
Ohaithur.

Kanped gave me the location of that moron that owns TCA, and so I tracked the IP of SpadedQueen - guess who it is? The owner of TCA. They're from the same city.

Now either SpadedQueen is his little sister or it's him making fraudulent accounts. :D

WOW lol this just keeps getting better and better. They certainly live up to the name THE CON-ARTIST.

« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2012, 06:39:00 PM »

SpadedQueen

• Newcomer
Ohaithur.

Sorry, but I am not TCA, nor do I know him or where he is from. The fact that you are tracking me makes you a stalkerish type person. Please back off creapo...worst welcome ever. If you want to know something, just ask. Don't stalk. I don't put up with it.

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2012, 07:03:38 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Ohaithur.

Sorry, but I am not TCA, nor do I know him or where he is from. The fact that you are tracking me makes you a stalkerish type person. Please back off creapo...worst welcome ever. If you want to know something, just ask. Don't stalk. I don't put up with it.
I think it's too late. By signing up on this website you signed a contract. As owner of AC, it is in Alex's rights to do what he did. And you are a liar.

« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2012, 07:09:40 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I'm not stalking you - I am ensuring that the members of this site are provided with a good experience, and none of that involves impostors.

This is just hilarious now. Pretending to not own your own site is funny, but posing as a woman? New low. XD
Forum Founder.

« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2012, 07:10:49 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
HAHA! I just read through the last couple pages and suspected that it was TCA from his first post :) I like how you told us we are all going to look like A$$holes :)

EDIT: His name is acctually changed to The Con Artist now  ::)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 07:12:04 PM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2012, 07:19:55 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I'm not stalking you - I am ensuring that the members of this site are provided with a good experience, and none of that involves impostors.

This is just hilarious now. Pretending to not own your own site is funny, but posing as a woman? New low. XD
Quite honestly I had suspected it since the beginning. I seriously doubted that with all the evidence we showed, no one would have contradicted us except for him. Also, the way he declared he wasn't a woman wasn't how a true woman would have said it "I'm lacking a few parts"...
But I wasn't completely sure about this.

« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2012, 08:33:46 PM »

SpadedQueen

• Newcomer
Your research skills are astounding. I am a woman and not TCA, nor am I affiliated or related to TCA. Now that you have proven to me how quick you are to judge people based on very little info, I hold no weight in anything you have said thus far. You have embarrassed and humiliated an innocent person, so thanks for that.  :( I will be spending the rest of the night with my family snuggled up on the couch watching a movie instead of wasting it here with people who I believed were "knowledgeable". Obviously not. You have lost a newcomer. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you accuse someone of something they are not.

« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2012, 08:37:16 PM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
Your research skills are astounding. I am a woman and not TCA, nor am I affiliated or related to TCA. Now that you have proven to me how quick you are to judge people based on very little info, I hold no weight in anything you have said thus far. You have embarrassed and humiliated an innocent person, so thanks for that.  :( I will be spending the rest of the night with my family snuggled up on the couch watching a movie instead of wasting it here with people who I believed were "knowledgeable". Obviously not. You have lost a newcomer. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you accuse someone of something they are not.
Enjoy your evening.
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2012, 08:40:04 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
So you're not affiliated to TCA, but decide to change your name to TCA? o.O

« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2012, 08:44:31 PM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
So you're not affiliated to TCA, but decide to change your name to TCA? o.O
I'm assuming alex. did that.

What do you guys think of the teeny-weeny icon that The-Con-Artist.com posted on their Facebook. As Lance Miller said there, it looks like a section of an Ace of Spade with carbon fibre texture and some barbed wire.
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2012, 08:58:39 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
So you're not affiliated with TCA yet you are living at the address where the owner of the TCA domain lives? Obvious troll is obvious.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2012, 10:10:33 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I'd just like to point out that I sent that PM to Alex before I posted the reply.  I'd also like to point out the fact that SpadedQueen posted about it being scary how much you could find out by searching a username on google.  There is a woman who uses the moniker SpadedQueen but she lives in Pennsylvania and there is no mention of anyone from Spokane using that alias anywhere online.  Now, searching real names of people usually yields very few useful results so I doubt you'd find much unless you were searching for a username.  Basically, one of these things is true;

1.  A woman who lives in the same city as Shane Carter (Spokane, WA; population 472,147) has 2 usernames she uses, one of them being SpadedQueen that she has never used before, anywhere, the other she googled and found that there was a lot of info online about her.

2.  Shane Carter dug around on dating websites trying to find the identity of a woman he could use so we'd find a real woman with the username he was using when we inevitably checked it out.

I'll leave the decision as to which one of those is true up to you.  I know which one seems (much) more likely to me.

« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2012, 11:06:51 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
I'd just like to point out that I sent that PM to Alex before I posted the reply.  I'd also like to point out the fact that SpadedQueen posted about it being scary how much you could find out by searching a username on google.  There is a woman who uses the moniker SpadedQueen but she lives in Pennsylvania and there is no mention of anyone from Spokane using that alias anywhere online.  Now, searching real names of people usually yields very few useful results so I doubt you'd find much unless you were searching for a username.  Basically, one of these things is true;

1.  A woman who lives in the same city as Shane Carter (Spokane, WA; population 472,147) has 2 usernames she uses, one of them being SpadedQueen that she has never used before, anywhere, the other she googled and found that there was a lot of info online about her.

2.  Shane Carter dug around on dating websites trying to find the identity of a woman he could use so we'd find a real woman with the username he was using when we inevitably checked it out.

I'll leave the decision as to which one of those is true up to you.  I know which one seems (much) more likely to me.
Are you an undercover for FBI? CIA? INTERPOL? NSA? MI7?

« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

I think #2, /1 just seems too unlikely :)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2012, 11:19:59 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Are you an undercover for FBI? CIA? INTERPOL? NSA? MI7?

Well, I'm British and MI7 hasn't existed in nearly 100 years.  Simple answer; no.  Long answer; NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2012, 12:19:52 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
lol, so i have only got to read bits and pieces of these but I find it really funny. I will say if the con-artist and was trying to be one, and having 2 accounts he/she is doing very bad. It really is not that hard to keep it hidden. I have done it multiply times and was going to try it here and see if alex could catch it like he did here but I dont want to be a troll.

Also its really not that hard to search people and find out info. So I doubt Kanped has anything to do with goverment. lol
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2012, 03:21:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Wow, leave the Discourse for just a few hours and see what happens around here without me!  :))

Am I mistaken in thinking that IP addresses are unique identifiers of all the machines on the Internet?

If SpadedQueen has the same IP as the founder of The-Con-Artist.com, it's simple - same machine, probably the same person.

And since he's already stated he doesn't have the right parts to be a dude, I guess SpayedQueen would be a little more accurate!  So, SQ - are you going for the full conversion or did you want to simply remain transgendered?  The hormone therapy alone would probably do wonders for your inflated ego...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:22:15 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2012, 07:01:04 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Well, yes IP addresses work exactly like real life street addresses but your machine routes through a large number of machines, each with different IP addresses to get online.  You can trace it back through all those machines quite easily but really, all you can find out is the city from which the IP address originates (without a database of users on the entry-level ISP).