You are Here:
NEW DECK - Bicycle Spectrum -- Kickstarter completed!

Author (Read 38935 times)

Re: NEW DECK - Bicycle Spectrum -- Kickstarter starts tomorrow!
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2012, 08:31:37 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Can we have the link please

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2012, 08:32:17 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
This deck is almost a magic deck... $4 is too cheap, I mean the bicycle rainbow deck? With all the different backs is so much more :L
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2012, 08:33:44 PM »

Cosmo Solano

• True Member

• Facebook:
dangit! THE kickstarter page hung!  okay one more sec!!! LOL

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2012, 08:34:35 PM »

Cosmo Solano

• True Member

• Facebook:
BOOM! it's launched!  woooo hooo! Sorry I'm pretty excited!
here's the link!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1790617455/the-spectrum-deck

thanks all!

Coz

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2012, 08:36:27 PM »

Cosmo Solano

• True Member

• Facebook:
Video is reuploading... but all looks good!

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2012, 08:38:32 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
I was so excited about this deck but I don't think I can pledge $15 just now :/ I may later on though :)

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2012, 08:50:11 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Awesome! That joker is so sick! I love it! I just shared it all over Facebook. Good luck with it!

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2012, 08:58:35 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I'm from Canada and will not be pledging.

$15 for one deck is insane. The Brimstones and Americanas were $5 (shipping incl to Canada) when they launched.

And I really wanted an uncut, but I will not spend $55 for it.

Man, I'm just frustrated by all these people selling a deck that costs less than $4 to make for $10+ dollars

How can Russel from CircleCityCards do it, and you guys can't.  PLease explain!

(stepping down from his soap box)

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2012, 09:07:14 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
Gotta agree with CBJ here, I mean I love this deck and want it, but $15 to the uk? I just cant do that right now.  I appreciate the effort gone in and everything but too steep. Sorry.

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »

Cosmo Solano

• True Member

• Facebook:
Why do you think its $15? It's not, I'm on my phone very difficult to post , sorry

« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2012, 09:11:14 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Why do you think its $15? It's not, I'm on my phone very difficult to post , sorry
1 deck is $10 and international shipping is $5
Thats $15

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2012, 09:11:28 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
$10 a deck, $5 shipping...

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2012, 09:14:22 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
and we all know ... the uncut cost the same as the deck.. or less.

so to price it at $45 is nuts.

I'm getting sick of the kickstarter decks.

And I'm curious.. I thought USPS had 1 price shipping.. it it fits, it ships.

1 deck = $5 shipping
2 decks = $7 shipping
3 decks = $8 shipping
6 decks = $10 shipping

Is this accurate??  If so, how the hell did Russel do it for $5 all in?

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2012, 09:19:37 PM »

Cosmo Solano

• True Member

• Facebook:
Wow, too difficult to post from my phone I will answer everyone's questions later

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2012, 09:21:19 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I thought uncuts cost $15 dollars from USPCC

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2012, 09:25:25 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
Two sources have said different things to me:

1. The USPCC ask you how many you want left uncut when they start printing... Meaning they would be the same cost as a normal deck.

2. Uncut sheets cost $5 each (not that far off a normal deck cost)

$45 is too high...

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2012, 09:30:44 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Two sources have said different things to me:

1. The USPCC ask you how many you want left uncut when they start printing... Meaning they would be the same cost as a normal deck.

2. Uncut sheets cost $5 each (not that far off a normal deck cost)

$45 is too high...
$30 is plenty for an uncut sheet.

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2012, 09:34:47 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
i read somewhere that these decks actually cost less than 2$ to produced.
i,m okay with price somewhere around 7-8$ which i think thats a bit expensive comparing with E, T11, D&D, the BC decks. but i understand that these arent a mass production like those. however, judjing from the revision1 deck that were only 5$. i think kickstarter decks nowadays is too expensive. not only this spectrum decks, but a lot of projects as well. some of those im willing to pay for that cause im falling in the design. but now i think i gotta change my mind. i might stop buying any kickstarter decks at all. cant bare the price. buying a brick of kickstarter decks and pay $100? i would rather buy a brick of E decks much cheaper. i remembered that E decks were complained to be expensive a while ago. now that its very cheap comparing to these. also, E decks design is always awesome. they are real professional. D&D also charges 8.88$ for a deck, whats happening to cards market!!!!

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2012, 09:48:39 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Funding decks at this price, only encourages more people to start their Kickstarter deck campaigns at this price.

I would have happily paid $5 plus shipping.

I would have picked up 2 decks..

Cosmo will absolutely succeed in this campaign, the goal is really low... but I hope he realizes that these price tactics are becoming more and more frowned upon by the card community.

After the campaign... "The cards will retail for $14.95 after the campaign"

and it looks like he'll be doing a second run after this 2500 run, with the only difference being the seal sticker.

man, stop the insanity

ANDDDD>.... so for Americans, the price is $10 shipping in.  So, in that $10, some of that goes towards packaging and shipping.  let's say $2 total for that.  So the decks is really selling for $8

but, If I buy it, I have to pay $15... so, it's really like $7 shipping for 1 deck!  Total B/S

Jay

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2012, 10:03:12 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
I feel slightly bad for the bad press these prices are attractive - please don't think its personal, the card market is mental right now (kickstarter is useful in that it raises money but its restrictive, costs you 10% and is a weird process in which we dont preorder a deck definitely, just reserve the right to preorder, and then if its going to be made because those who said they'll preorder will cover the cost,  you then preorder)

My favorite card company is BBM, and they're decks are £5, which is like $8. E's infinity is $8 as well. A lot of people on these forums are into deck design and know the price. I got quoted between $1.75 and $2.50. Take the top end of that, and include $1000 for art charges, $1500 for shipping to you and other costs (there are loads of hidden) that makes it $3.50 a deck to produce... It's a great magic effect but I don't think it's worth the RRP of $15... In my mind this is the kinda of deck that flourisher should get, and be able to go through about 20 without killing themselves. I mean its a beautiful deck - and maybe $15 for the deck and trick would go well, but $30 dollar trick? You can get some mouthwatering stuff from E or theory11 for that. The uncut sheet is a no holds barred thing, I mean $45 a bit steep - but they are truly limited, and we've seen them go for more and less.

I think the main issue isn't the kickstarter prices, but the RRP's of all this stuff - very few decks can go for $15 - they have to be very limited, awesome and from an established source, they normally have metallic ink and what not. And like I said the dvd thing is expensive as well. This leads to the problem, you've given kickstarter backers a good discount off, a third off (let's take shipping out cos that's always applicable). The issue is the kickstarter price, its the RRP from the kickstarter is derived. If it was a $10 RRP, Kickstarter $7 it'd make it much more reasonable. Don't forget that is still twice what you pay for the deck (based on estimations).

Ideally that above would be for a design deck, a collectors deck (Bicycle galvanic comes to mind... Vortex and tendril seem too pratical and innovative). For this deck, $7 RRP, $5 Kickstarter. Even if you sell 2,000 on kickstarter you more than break even.

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2012, 10:05:19 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
Sorry CBJ I wrote all that while you were posting, didn't mean to just repeat you... Cosmo did you think of doing a special, limited free international shipping like Sean did with Galvanic - you check out any Galvanic post and you'll see it was a massive hit.

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2012, 10:19:15 PM »

sxephil

• Newcomer
these are nice
hi guys

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2012, 10:20:29 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
@Tigre
What the hell dude? Whats with the footer you got there? First post, great way to make an impression.

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2012, 11:00:18 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Awesome! That joker is so sick! I love it! I just shared it all over Facebook. Good luck with it!

Haha you must have missed that I posted it yesterday :P It's pretty sweet though!

I just backed for a few of these!! I've said this before but this is one of the best rainbow decks I've seen. I'm pretty excited about it. I don't have a huge problem with the price like some people do, so overall not many complaints.

these are nice

Yes, yes they are! Try to make your posts a little more purposeful though mate. Also check out the "introduce yourself" board. You'll find it's a nice place to get to know the community!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2012, 11:02:55 PM »

Cosmo Solano

• True Member

• Facebook:
First off, HUGE THANK YOU to those who've already pledged!

Wow CBJ  it's not insanity, why you're so angry is beyond me... some will buy these, some won't, I'm not upset with YOU if you DON'T buy them, if you don't agree with the price.  I researched several other very successful projects and used them as my examples... some will think that an original design deck has more value and some will think the usability of this deck has more and some will think something else!  I'm not trying to shove these down anyone's throats!  with the exception of The earlier mentioned rainbow deck, the other "brand name" rainbows sell for over 20 dollars and they don't have the "same back" design quality.  From a magician's viewpoint that's huge. So no offense is meant to those of you who don't understand the 10.00 price tag.

Look I won't get on here to defend myself, and it may sound that way, but I do think it's my duty to at least try and explain.

Shipping internationally... I will take the time to help you all understand the costs a little later... unfortunately I'm out of time right now, but will get on it, mostly because I don't just see folks saying, nah, too much, but I do see some flaming already! Silly.  My wife would love a 300 dollar coach bag, but we went to ross and got a nice one for 20 bucks.  I certainly won't complain to anyone about things I'm not willing to spend money on nor that some of my friends go ahead and drop the 300 bucks to keep their wives happy!

If someone else is able to charge 5 bucks flat, it's probably because they've made up for it all in volume and they've done this several times. I'm trying to keep the shipping right at what it should be.  If you've spent two hours out of your day as I do shipping you realize what the term "handling" really means.  and I'm not trying to tack on extra for that.

You, Jay, are doing the right thing by not buying it.  You are supporting what you believe in and if this is insanity, then it's the only way to stop it.

I personally think that a new design of a deck every couple of days is what's insane, mostly because of the satuation I don't even know where to begin, hence I buy almost none! And that sucks! Oh, and some have become millionaires doing it.  But I'm not upset that they give me the chance to. And some folks LOVE spending their money that way, no one forces them to.

To call the 2 dollar difference insanity is pretty harsh... I think anyway.
Many will spend more on a burger and coke and not have a cool deck of cards to show for it... :-)

Oh and anytime anyone out there is willing to risk 7-10,000 bucks just to break even let me know, I"d love to have you as an investor in future projects. 

I've agreed with my wife not to look at kickstarter tonight anymore, but within an hour it was going nuts... Sorry if 2 bucks or even 4 bucks ruins it for some of you.  There's a very nice deck available for 10 dollars, Anglo, mentioned earlier in this post. I recommend that one if SPECTRUM isn't for you.  Wait, I just checked three websites, shipping is around $12.00.   

I'll reconsider the shipping issues as I have no intention of gouging or making money on that, but I know for a fact that cheapest shipping on a deck of cards is just under 5 bucks international, I just weighed a deck and checked yesterday. not to mention a buck for the envelope and label. 

I seriously will check that out and adjust for fairness if justified.  The heavier the package the more it costs.

I'm happy to answer to anything but if you want to take pot shots or be rude, I'll just bow out, I'm not into it.

Again, no offense meant.  'Cmon guys you don't like it fine, like I said, I'm not angry at anyone who won't buy it. and no one buys it, I'm screwed.  The 7 grand is real money. Real money that feeds kids and pays rent.  No one, including me is out to break even.

Again, HUGE THANKS to those of you who have supported this!

Awesome!

Coz