You are Here:
NEW DECK - Bicycle Spectrum -- Kickstarter completed!

Author (Read 38933 times)

Re: NEW DECK - Bicycle Spectrum -- Kickstarter starts tomorrow!
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 12:49:16 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
NOOOO!!! Anglo had the same concept with their cards.. now I've to get this too!!!

Here's the link: [size=78%]http://playingcards.wikidot.com/others:anglo[/size]
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 01:37:35 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
NOOOO!!! Anglo had the same concept with their cards.. now I've to get this too!!!

Here's the link: [size=78%]http://playingcards.wikidot.com/others:anglo[/size]

The Anglo version isn't exactly the same - they go into the gray spectrum as well, shades between white and black.

I could have fun figuring out a gag with this and a deck of black Bikes.  I'd buy two, I guess, depending on the price.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2012, 01:46:42 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Don brings up an important thing.... whats the price?

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 01:52:19 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
They look cool but they arn`t really something I would pick up. I have other rainbow decks and personally I just find them useless.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2012, 02:25:10 AM »

Cosmo Solano

• True Member

• Facebook:
The SPECTRUM deck is based on a deck I designed (well created and made) a little over 10 years ago. I made the deck on an inkjet printer, to go with a rainbow deck routine I had created and was a staple in my act.  Actually made three of them!  Anyway... the whole point of this deck isn't just the rainbow idea, but that it matches the most common deck in the world, Bicycle.  This fact alone gives it serious real world use built in, super easy to ring in a real deck since you can't throw a rock without hitting a place you can pick up a bike deck.  I used to do the routine with borrowed cards when at someone's home!  In all my searches it's odd that I never ran across the Anglo cards, (very nice BTW!) in fact I've had nightmares over the past decade that someone would do this! 
I actually would have done this deck years ago if I wanted to come up with an original design (and I did) but without the Bicycle backs I wasn't interested.

So I read somewhere (sorry lots going on here, head's a little foggy) that the SPECTRUM deck isn't anything new, the Bicycle design is the WHOLE point.  I'm extremely lucky and blessed that this idea stayed in my head for this long and didn't leak out and sneak into someone else's brain!  When I started searching I honestly was prepared to be devastated and find a rainbow, Bicycle deck.  Not trying to compete with Anglo, just clarifying my motives in this release and the most important quality, Bicycle backs.  I'm awfully proud to become a part of the Bicycle legacy!

Is there any gaff card? a double backer with different colors?

Yes, a gaff, double backer, blue on one side, rainbow on the other, I went round and round with the jokers and other gaff ideas trying to make the most of the gaff card(s).  After a ridiculous amount of thought and indecision, I settled on this double backer, due to the creation of a new, strong and easy to do rainbow deck routine.  The rainbow double backer fits perfectly in the routine. I created the routine this morning and love it! Sent the artwork to USPCC this afternoon. 

Also the extra Bicycle Ace of Spades with some new touches for added "bonus" effect. So the deck has the Spectrum Ace of Spades and the Bike Ace.

The faces match those of Bicycle decks, so that it can be used with regular bicycle cards of course.  (Deck switches etc)

Now that the work on the deck is done, I'll be putting the DVD together, which will be available also as a less expensive, private website for members only.
The website allows for me to add new ideas should they creep in!

Hey if anyone has any ideas, requests etc for this deck there's still a few days (esp. this weekend) for me to make changes. Any ideas that would make the deck even more usable for you will be entertained! No promises, but I'm all ears!

Thanks everyone for such nice support so early on!
Just days away from the proofs from USPCC! Woo Hoo!

"Ya see Timmy, dreams can come true!"

Coz

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 02:43:32 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Is there any gaff card? a double backer with different colors?

Yes, a gaff, double backer, blue on one side, rainbow on the other, I went round and round with the jokers and other gaff ideas trying to make the most of the gaff card(s).  After a ridiculous amount of thought and indecision, I settled on this double backer, due to the creation of a new, strong and easy to do rainbow deck routine.  The rainbow double backer fits perfectly in the routine. I created the routine this morning and love it! Sent the artwork to USPCC this afternoon. 

Glad to hear this, the double backer is exactly what I want. Hope we are not thinking about the same trick (so that we may have 2 different tricks). Will your tricks come along with the deck, or they will be sold separately?

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2012, 02:51:17 AM »

Cosmo Solano

• True Member

• Facebook:

Glad to hear this, the double backer is exactly what I want. Hope we are not thinking about the same trick (so that we may have 2 different tricks). Will your tricks come along with the deck, or they will be sold separately?
Separately, but as you'll see there'll be a special price on kickstarter (really low) for access to the private web site, just to say thanks! I know not everyone who buys cards are magicians, so the routines are just for those who want them.

The Private web site will have all the same videos the DVD will, but will grow as ideas and routines come.  A forum too just for deck switch/rainbow deck related discussion.

Love to hear your idea!  I'll be trying to shoot live performance video of the routine as soon as I can, but with my schedule it might be a while... of course I'll have it for the DVD etc.

I was going to just put a double backer with some really odd color, but the rainbow of colors on the back is way better.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:55:06 AM by Cosmo Solano »

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2012, 03:08:39 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Rainbow back is good, originally I thought of a white or black back. You know, the color should not resemble any of the 52 cards, it have to be outstanding among them. :)

EDIT: if your rainbow back is not special enough, I will use a marker pen to paint it black. hahaha :P
_
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 03:34:46 AM by digipunk »

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2012, 03:12:20 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Looks like a nice deck for magic and all that, but as a flourisher I can say it's definitely not the first thing I thought of. :P I'm sure everyone will find a use for those, with the obvious exception of poker players.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2012, 03:32:47 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity

** duplicate post **
** SORRY. I clicked the wrong button **

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 03:39:10 AM by digipunk »

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2012, 03:40:40 AM »

Cosmo Solano

• True Member

• Facebook:
I'm actually curious to see how the Spectrum deck would look with all of those Dan and Dave type flourishes... I do just a little of my own but right now my prototype deck (used in the video) really doesn't handle well, and the decks I made ten years ago which do handle well aren't a full spectrum of colors.

@ digipunk, funny one of the first designs had a black card and a reverse/white card as the gaffs...

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2012, 06:43:29 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Has the kickstarter launched yet?

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2012, 06:48:49 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
So I can't resist but get one deck so I can see what it looks like when you do Under Pressure with the backs. *drools*
Forum Founder.

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2012, 06:54:19 PM »

Cosmo Solano

• True Member

• Facebook:
hey all! Okay so ironed out the problem with Amazon Payments, essentially it locked me out and I had to fax stuff and everything that should have been instantaneous could have taken a week! I followed every little instruction from them and it was fixed this morning. Whew!

I'm just going over the kickstarter page right now to make final corrections etc.  any minute now... okay any hour now is more fair.

I'm dying to get feedback about the box, after so many accolades on the box to see some on here not pleased with it I'd love to hear some constructive criticism!

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I think the box is just a little too plain. Try adding something to the spade and some more designs to the box
Its not bad at all. It just could be better

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2012, 07:40:22 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
The thing that got me was that a colourful deck should have a colourful box, I think instead of a black background have a white one? And then the rainbow stuff :)
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2012, 07:51:31 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah I think the only thing I would say about the box is that it is such a harsh contrast to the cards. The cards are lively and bright and the box is dark. I think maybe making it a white box would do a world of good for it!! Just a suggestion.

Can't wait for this to go live!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2012, 08:01:08 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Seems like a very obvious gimmicky deck that tkaes no time to design.  Hmm... $4 value, won't pay more.

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2012, 08:04:03 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Relax, Kanped, we don't even know what the price will be.

No Kickstarter yet?  Cosmo, I trust you'll keep us posted...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2012, 08:10:44 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Seems like a very obvious gimmicky deck that tkaes no time to design.  Hmm... $4 value, won't pay more.
we haven't seen the faces yet. And its not always about design... Its also about the idea behind it.

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2012, 08:12:04 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Well seeing as he's been keeping us updated, so I wouldn't expect him to stop now haha.  That wouldn't do much to promote his project :P
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2012, 08:25:56 PM »

Cosmo Solano

• True Member

• Facebook:
Thanks addictz, to each his own! I'm sure to some it is about the design, and that's okay! 

Thanks everyone for the suggestions on the box... will kick it around, I've got a couple of day and I am pretty fast when it comes to designing this stuff.

I posted (I thought I did) that the launch was happening any minute just a few minutes ago, and looking at it the post isn't there?
has this sight been weird for anyone else? I couldn't get on it all day til just a bit ago.

One more thing, the faces have to match bike decks for those who wish to do a routine.

I'm not for a minute expecting this to compete with an artist's custom creation, the design IS the rainbow in bikes.

any minute now... I'll post a direct link.

Coz

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2012, 08:26:44 PM »

Cosmo Solano

• True Member

• Facebook:
LAUNCHING IN 5...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:27:23 PM by Cosmo Solano »

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2012, 08:27:07 PM »

Cosmo Solano

• True Member

• Facebook:

1!

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2012, 08:29:18 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I love the black background on the box and the way it looks like all the colours of the light spectrum are shining through the box design.
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic