You are Here:
what im getting for DOTM

Author (Read 36820 times)

Re: what im getting for DOTM
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2012, 10:55:31 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah Loldude I think I might when/if there is a down time in the card market haha I'm glad you're enjoying it. It sounds fun!!

Really none of us can tell. I doubt they'll do Jerry's but I can also see them doing something like that down the line  ::) Who knows... It'd be cool though
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2012, 10:59:51 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Lol I doubt the Jerry's. They'll go broke if they send out Jerry's to you DOTM subscribers. But definitely the V7 when it's released though. Maybe if you're lucky you could get V5 or V4!

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2012, 11:06:32 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Lol I doubt the Jerry's. They'll go broke if they send out Jerry's to you DOTM subscribers. But definitely the V7 when it's released though. Maybe if you're lucky you could get V5 or V4!

they got all there jerrys three dollars anyway each maybe they would do it somtime like you said if the marke was bad or they could through a few jerrys out at random like they did in the v boxes thats more realistic yeah ill proberly get v7 i hope if i do get it early ill review it yay but it will ages away yet i asume

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2012, 11:07:25 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Well they wouldn't go broke! They got the Jerry's for cheap haha. It would just be crazy though! Yeah I'm sure youre right about the V7s, if that rumor is true.

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2012, 11:34:12 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
OK I guess they won't go broke, but they'll get less profit. Probably $200 each?

« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2012, 01:15:23 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
They sold Jerry for 350$ each. I'm 100% sure they won't give Jerry's away to DOTM.
Maybe they will hold some contests in the future, but not just easy raffle draw I think.

« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2012, 06:29:38 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'm still wondering what happened to the new decks part of the deal.  They've reneged on a fair amount of what they offered.  Here's their own description of the DOTM:

A one-year subscription to our Deck of the Month Club includes first class delivery of one brand new deck every month. A great opportunity to try out 12 completely different decks or start a playing card collection of your own.
     All Club members will receive the same deck each month. 12 different decks (color variations excluded) will be sent over the course of one calendar year.
     TERMS: All DOTM Club passes included a one-year subscription or 12 decks of cards. The fee includes all of our shipping and handling charges; you are responsible for paying any customs fees, sale or use taxes due to your purchase. All decks will ship the first week of the month, no exceptions.

Does this look to you like they've been holding up their end of the deal?  OK, you could interpret "one brand new deck" to simply mean "one deck, new or old, that's in a sealed and unused condition.

Zaganh: are they charging you for ANY shipping charges?  Or are the charges in any way related to customs, taxes, etc.?  And if what you said earlier is true, they're completely reneging on the "first week of the month, no execptions" clause of their offer.

Rather than asking customer service, have you looked at the postmark on the package where the stamp was canceled (or for digital postage, the date printed next to the 2-dimensional code representing the stamp)?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:31:51 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2012, 01:15:07 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah I think the "new" refers to it being unused and sealed. With many of the subpar releases these days it would be hard to make DOTM very cool if it was only new decks. You'd get a few cool decks like the seasons, mana, vortex, revision 1; but, you'd also get some eh decks as well.

So D&D are still holding up their end of the deal.

« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2012, 07:53:53 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I just joined. I realized that since last 2 months were 2 "okay" decks: squeezers and v6, I figured either this month or the next one there would be an amazing deck. So here, I joined. + the shipping price is included in the price, making this much less costly than the VB#6.

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2012, 05:50:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Yeah I think the "new" refers to it being unused and sealed. With many of the subpar releases these days it would be hard to make DOTM very cool if it was only new decks. You'd get a few cool decks like the seasons, mana, vortex, revision 1; but, you'd also get some eh decks as well.

I think there's been enough good releases that if they stuck with only new cards, they'd be able to find at least one truffle in the mud on a monthly basis.  Hell, look at the rate at which they were recently cranking out decks!  They could have spaced them a month apart and tossed them in!

« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2012, 11:01:14 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
The DOTM club costs more than 120$ for international buyers because of shipping. Which means the decks will be worth on average more than 10$. Which means there will be some rare decks to even out with the new and "cheap" (5$ range) decks. I am figuring they will put Jerry's, if they ever put some, within 3 months from now because they have given some "okay" decks lately and they will want more members.

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2012, 11:52:46 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
If they give Jerry's and I am not a member at the time, I will be heart-broken :( 8)
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2012, 12:00:32 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
If they give Jerry's and I am not a member at the time, I will be heart-broken :( 8)

While it's not impossible that would happen, I'd consider it unlikely.  They could make soooooo much more simply selling them as they recently did.  The community would blow a gasket if they did it.  I could envision people burning S&M decks in protest (and using Chinatowns as kindling for the bonfire)!

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2012, 04:08:44 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

I think there's been enough good releases that if they stuck with only new cards, they'd be able to find at least one truffle in the mud on a monthly basis.  Hell, look at the rate at which they were recently cranking out decks!  They could have spaced them a month apart and tossed them in!

I completely disagree with you. There are a good amount of nice decks coming out but so many of them are pre-orders so they wouldn't even be able to send them yet. That leaves them with many of the decks that are barely customized and I wouldn't consider worthy of DOTM club. There's lots of buzz about good decks but many of them aren't even available yet!!

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2012, 04:45:50 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
come on magic con 2 and iaocp crosses fingers ha ha my predictions

magic con 2 i hope
white lions
iaocp
studs/plaid/monarch
another smoke and mirrors of some kind maybe v7

if they gave a Jerry's out i think they would send out 1 at random to a subscriber and that would draw people into joining

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2012, 11:13:20 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
magic con 2 ??? reprint of magic con ?? i doubt so

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2012, 11:27:09 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
magic con 2 ??? reprint of magic con ?? i doubt so

someone said they confirmed a second edition somewhere on this forum
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:29:20 PM by zaganh »

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2012, 11:34:49 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
oic ,, if you can get a magic con 2 in the DOTM then it will be awesome

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2012, 11:42:35 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
oic ,, if you can get a magic con 2 in the DOTM then it will be awesome

they gave the first one out in variety boxes and dotm has been mostly variety box decks so i think when the next is out they will

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2012, 04:48:11 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I don't think the magic con v2 will be rare deck.
It will be wanted when it's first released. But the market will flood by them in short amount of time.

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2012, 05:29:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
It will be wanted when it's first released. But the market will flood by them in short amount of time.

I don't know about that.  Supposedly, these decks are only available to people attending Magic Con.  That list can't be very long.  I'm sure there will be a few extras, but I can't imagine the Bucks making this deck in huge amounts.  It would only dilute the value of them, and if their decks become worthless, half their business gets shot to hell.

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2012, 06:47:32 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

it dosent matter if its rare to me i just really like the design i wish they wasn't rare so i could have alot of them haha i really love iaocp and the look of magic con if only they were mass made

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2012, 09:49:11 AM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
I would bet the money it costs to join Deck of the Month that the buck twins WILL NOT put Jerry Nuggets in it.
Let's face it the already have your money and you are relying on them being decent and sending you good decks, which if they had any sense they would. It means you won't be too annoyed and you wont complain. However let's face it - a Jerrys Nugget deck in good condition is worth more than the whole DotM. To give it away would be ludicrous. Why would they undervalue the deck, when they can entice people into the club by just offering decent decks. i think the DotM club is worth the cost (if you like D&D decks) they also give out good decks. Theres no benefit to putting in some Jnuggs.
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2012, 11:25:16 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I would say you're right, Haz. I can see them putting in a Jnug so to bring more people into the DotM. I don't think they have a ton of people in the club as of right now. But if word got out that a Jnug went into it, I see their numbers increasing significantly.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2012, 12:50:27 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
After a bit of thought, maybe there won't be a JNugg, but there will, for sure, be a couple of rare decks (rarer than the Tungstene) which will help the bucks make more money in getting more members.