Author (Read 34628 times)

Re: New Deck? - D&D Chinatown?
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2012, 01:20:40 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
didnt they have an idea for a realy crazy deck once that looked like it would of been fully customized the black one that had colours everywhere it looked crazy but awsome and it never came out ><

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2012, 01:25:23 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
didnt they have an idea for a realy crazy deck once that looked like it would of been fully customized the black one that had colours everywhere it looked crazy but awsome and it never came out ><

They did indeed! It was one crazy deck! I really liked it but I doubt we'll ever see that one in print.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2012, 01:30:27 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
me too it looked awesome they didnt go with that but they brought the cork clip out face palm damn now im thinking of those red and gold court cards drools i really hope there released the 23rd =)

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2012, 01:49:26 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
me too it looked awesome they didnt go with that but they brought the cork clip out face palm damn now im thinking of those red and gold court cards drools i really hope there released the 23rd =)

Not sure what you're getting at there. You could hate the court cards or love them (it depends on if your saying *drools* or just drools) A little punctuation goes a long way.

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2012, 01:59:45 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
love them sorry i find punctuation really hard and its 7 am and i havent slept i blame both factors >< *drools* the good way ^^

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2012, 01:06:52 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Thats like the Clip Joint decks

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2012, 01:35:32 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
I'm pretty pumped for these to be released, not going to lie  :D  They will definitely be nice cards since DnD is releasing them BUT, we'll have to wait and see if they are amazing cards.
You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2012, 05:19:47 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Brad Fulton tweeted, "Fulton's Year of the Dragon. Monday."

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2012, 05:20:40 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
syd said it will be out monday too =)

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Damn, we can't refer to clip joints as "fultons" anymore... ::)
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2012, 05:24:20 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Wow! On Monday?
With all these independent designers around lately, I've become used to finding out about a deck, and expecting quite a few months before the release. But I just found out about this yesterday! That's what, about 5 days?
D&D need to stop releasing decks all the time. But to be honest, I'm quite likely to pick this deck up. At least the box looks pretty nice. But I guess I'll decide when I see the faces of the cards.
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2012, 05:28:49 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Oh and another pic too!

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2012, 05:30:34 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
It would be great to have custom court cards, but with the short time between clip joints and those, I seriously doubt it. The backs will determine whether or not I get them.
The box sure looks pretty sexy, but T11 has taught us that the quality of the box doesn't mean much.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:30:54 PM by Moon.exe »

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2012, 05:33:37 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
i wonder if the trailer shows the cards more this time last time it was more the theme than the cards i hope they come out on time the fultons were quite late in the night here in the uk

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2012, 06:57:25 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Based on the pictures, they'll be like a v2 of the Fulton's I really like the pictures so far. I just fell in love with it when I saw the pictures. It would be epic if they did a cultural theme when printing these Fultons.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2012, 07:39:56 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Based on the pictures, they'll be like a v2 of the Fulton's I really like the pictures so far. I just fell in love with it when I saw the pictures. It would be epic if they did a cultural theme when printing these Fultons.
Um, they have nothing at all to do with the Clip Joints besides the designer... It says Fulton's because they're designed by Brad Fulton. They aren't a V2 of anything.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 07:40:43 PM by Moon.exe »

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2012, 07:43:52 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Um, they have nothing at all to do with the Clip Joints besides the designer... It says Fulton's because they're designed by Brad Fulton. They aren't a V2 of anything.

Notice me using the words "like," meaning they'll be similar to the Fulton's, but not identical. I can't wait for them to be released!
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2012, 08:08:53 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Notice me using the words "like," meaning they'll be similar to the Fulton's, but not identical. I can't wait for them to be released!
They aren't similar at all  :P
The only thing is that they are designed by the same people

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2012, 11:25:28 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Well the Fulton's Clip Joint trailer said "to be continnued..." so they have more in common than just the designer. I think this is the next part of the "series" or whatever you want to call it. It seems way too soon but it still looks to be the next deck in the Fulton's series.

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2012, 11:30:06 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
laughs if dan or dave open that door in the noir video and transport to china town and it goes from black and white to vivid colours it will be so funny and the fultons he had in his pocket is now red and gold

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2012, 12:35:30 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Guys?  We have NO IDEA whether they have anything in common or not, because we haven't seen more than glimpses of the box, never mind not a single card!  They could be ANYTHING at all - you don't know, so stop fussing about it, would you?  Honestly, you're comparing a known quantity with a practically unknown quantity...  Might as well be comparing gibbons to monk fish...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2012, 12:46:24 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Guys?  We have NO IDEA whether they have anything in common or not, because we haven't seen more than glimpses of the box, never mind not a single card!  They could be ANYTHING at all - you don't know, so stop fussing about it, would you?  Honestly, you're comparing a known quantity with a practically unknown quantity...  Might as well be comparing gibbons to monk fish...

Well... they're both animals  :P haha
But you are right, these decks have completely different themes, so they could be unrelated at all or could be a series! Only time will tell
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:47:18 AM by MagicAddictz »

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2012, 03:24:00 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

That's exactly what this forum is for!! To talk about what we might think is coming...

We have a good idea that these are related to the Fulton's Clip Joint because of the same signature type thing on the box. The trailer from the first Fulton's gave a hint to there being more decks with the "to be continued" at the end of the video.

The Chinatown would go well with the film noir type of theme Dan, Dave, and Fulton are going with. You've got their first deck that has the classic black and white film type of look. To follow that up you have this deck with the Chinatown  deck that has the film noir with a dash of color feel (Keeping in mind Chinatown was the most well known film noir movie with color).

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2012, 06:23:43 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

That's exactly what this forum is for!! To talk about what we might think is coming...

We have a good idea that these are related to the Fulton's Clip Joint because of the same signature type thing on the box. The trailer from the first Fulton's gave a hint to there being more decks with the "to be continued" at the end of the video.

The Chinatown would go well with the film noir type of theme Dan, Dave, and Fulton are going with. You've got their first deck that has the classic black and white film type of look. To follow that up you have this deck with the Chinatown  deck that has the film noir with a dash of color feel (Keeping in mind Chinatown was the most well known film noir movie with color).

I know that's what the forum is for, but when you get a couple of people saying "It's this," and "No, it's that," followed with "No, you're wrong, it's this," back and forth, all based completely on sheer speculation, it gets tedious.  Neither one can be thought of as right, because there's too much missing information, but they're talking as though they own a brick of these already and are true experts on the topic of Fulton's decks.

All we really know is this:

The deck box has a red-and-gold Chinatown/Chinese New Year theme, and it has "Fulton's" written on it in the same fashion as it appears on Fulton's Clip Joint decks.

That's about it.  Nothing else, other than the release date being Monday, based on all the hint-dropping.

Could it be another "Fulton's" series deck - Fulton's Noodle Shop, perhaps?  :))  I have no idea and neither does anyone else other than the insiders working at D&D.  As far as the script Fulton's "logo", he doesn't sign everything like that - he developed the D&D hand lotion, and his name on that is type-written, classic Courier style, as if from a manual typewriter.  It actually says it's from "Fulton's Apothecary" - and I was silly enough to check LA listings for a business by that name, obviously to no avail.

So batting around what it is or isn't like a ping-pong ball gets us nowhere and is a pretty pointless exercise.  It's like watching a couple of five-year-olds doing the old "finger a half-inch away, 'He's touching me!,' 'I'm not touching you!'" game.  And it doesn't take long watching that exercise in futility to get tired of it...  No offense to the "combatants" here, gang - we all engage in silliness now and then.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Part of what you say is true. I could have cared less if people continued to do that. Nobody was getting hurt and it really wasn't bothering anybody that much.

Although given the hints we've received and the the other information one can gather related to the topic, I can make an educated guess as to what this deck is. So I still stand by what I said in my last post.