You are Here:
Green foil Gatorbacks - Intention or not?

Author (Read 2474 times)

Green foil Gatorbacks - Intention or not?
« on: October 19, 2021, 04:08:25 AM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

So I got the Green foil Gatorbacks yesterday, and I check it under UV light: the left side of front tuck have less details than other versions before. And when I posted my question online, other guys showed me their Green foil also slightly different than mine.
Is it intention? Or David Blaine and USPC messed up the tuck box of Green Foil Gatorbacks and most of them are unique with left side printed error?  :t11:

Re: Green foil Gatorbacks - Intention or not?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 01:57:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
So I got the Green foil Gatorbacks yesterday, and I check it under UV light: the left side of front tuck have less details than other versions before. And when I posted my question online, other guys showed me their Green foil also slightly different than mine.
Is it intention? Or David Blaine and USPC messed up the tuck box of Green Foil Gatorbacks and most of them are unique with left side printed error?  :t11:

Where did you get them from?  Have you considered the possibility that yours might be counterfeits?  I've seen it happen, with the most prominent example being the Ultra Gaff Deck from Ellusionist.  There's a topic somewhere in this forum where someone shows off a cheaply-made knockoff of the deck and compares it to a legit deck straight from the source.  I can see the motivation behind the deed with Ultra Gaff - it sells for $25 a pack, and was probably forged for about $1-$2 a pack.

Also, consider that the tuck image isn't an exact reproduction of the card back - since I doubt that the card backs have "Gator Backs" printed right on them.  Perhaps that was intentional.  One possible reason: maybe there's a marking system on that part of the back design and David decided to conceal it to prevent people from figuring it out.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/