Author (Read 1154 times)

Guild Playing Cards (KS)
« on: November 21, 2014, 01:13:34 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 01:16:05 PM by Fes »
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

Re: Guild Playing Cards (KS)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 07:01:55 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I feel like there are to many different sets, and no need for all the limited editions.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 07:11:47 PM »

GamblersWarehouse

• www.gamblerswarehouse.com
@ John: There are 2 color options for either poker or bridge sets. Which makes 4 different variants. And these sets are offered in Regular or Jumbo Index which is another variable. These are limited edition sets with special numbered sleeves & signed by the artist "Charles" the creator of  Bicycle Steampunk Bandits deck. Also this limited edition set comes in US made acrylic boxes with cheaper pricing as compared to similar sets in market.
We will have Regular Guild Poker & Bridge acetate sets soon after this but they will come in plastic box, standard sleeve & higher price.

Playing Cards Assortment with Best Quality and Service from  http://www.playingcards.net

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 07:37:02 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Call me crazy, LE boxed at a great price. This is an easy Yes. Toss in Gamblers great shipping, ease of mind knowing I'll get them as soon as possible and undamaged. I honestly don't see a down side here.

There is a slight color variation between the red in the box and the red out of the box on the render. I'd like to know which is closer to the actual red being used on the deck. I like both colors so I'm good either way, just like to have a little heads up there.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 08:12:29 PM by Fes »
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 12:19:45 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I don't really know if this is really an easy yes. From what i can see so far, only a customised back. There are plenty of poker decks out there in the market. Pricing wise, good but not fantastic. There are decks out there that can easily match the prices here. I think KEM, Fourniers/Bicycles are around there as well.

Only thing here, it is limited. If that actually counts for anything.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 02:34:38 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
The design on the back reminds me of Jackson Robinson's "Arrow" deck...

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 07:00:26 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
The design on the back reminds me of Jackson Robinson's "Arrow" deck...

Which was loosely based on the "Arrow" deck from KEM.

Guys - it's a simple, straight-up poker set.  Poker players don't go for a bunch of custom faces, bells, whistles, etc.  They like basic.  A nicely-designed two-way back, sure, but the rest is International Standard or nothing, as far as they're concerned.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 12:50:43 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Friendly reminder. This is a very short timed campaign and it's only got two and a half days left on it. Get in on it if you've been considering it.