Author (Read 11306 times)

Gold Artifice -- Black Club renewal
« on: December 09, 2013, 01:59:19 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
WEll.... yet another re-coloring from Ellusionist.
This flyer was shipped out with orders recently.

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: Gold Artifice -- Black Club renewal
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 02:01:02 PM »

vmagic

Well if they aren't too expensive then they could cover the initial cost of the membership.

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 02:05:08 PM »

Barry Hurton

• Forum Regular
I think this just sold me on joining the black club... I love them.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 02:31:24 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Is this a reward when you join or only when you renew a membership?

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 02:57:32 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I suppose it was a matter of time .. I've envisioned this deck for a while .. Artifice is my favourite deck so I won't say no
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 03:34:19 PM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
Bought a black club membership this past Black Friday (it was discounted 37 dollars), I wonder if I'll have the opportunity to purchase them as well. I think several people are also in my position.

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 03:41:54 PM »

Barry Hurton

• Forum Regular
They probably will be... You just won't get the free one (You can just purchase up to 6)...

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 05:42:17 PM »

DJT

Interesting, I have a black club membership and my membership was going to lapse a few days ago.  I checked the date my membership is active to and it shows Dec 24th, can anyone else confirm this if you purchased early on when the membership was rolled out Nov/Dec 2012?  I also looked at where to renew and you are not able to add the BC membership to the cart.

Expect a renewal email marketing campaign in the near future as stated above (BTW I got the same flyer as pictured above).

Oh this is what else was in the package with the flyer  :D

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 05:48:04 PM by DJT »

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 06:48:47 PM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member
Interesting, I have a black club membership and my membership was going to lapse a few days ago.  I checked the date my membership is active to and it shows Dec 24th, can anyone else confirm this if you purchased early on when the membership was rolled out Nov/Dec 2012? 

I believe I read somewhere that they were going to extend the BC memberships of people like you through the holidays. I read this during the Cyber Monday spree because people were having a tough time trying to extend their membership. I suppose it was just easier for them to give you an extra month and enjoy the holiday season instead of figuring out who specifically is trying to extend during that crisis.

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 07:01:18 PM »

vmagic

Actually they confirmed in a tweet that they were extending memberships one month because they were waiting for something, obviously this was it.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 09:41:38 PM »

verloren

• Forum Regular
Royal Aritifice? Gold on purple? or is that just grey...

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 10:29:08 PM »

Loop Cuts

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Well, I must admit that it's not very unexpected and that I want one.  I'm weary about how they use it as a marketing ploy for renewals and then sell them later.  Maybe they wont though! 

They are sexy  ;D

Gold Artifice !!!
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 12:58:40 AM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
I don't know when they are coming out and i don't know anymore information about them .
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 12:59:35 AM by Frost »

Re: Gold Artifice !!!
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 01:20:45 AM »

DJT

Received an email :

Thanks for being a part of BLACK CLUB. We're writing to update you on Renewal.

We know you've seen how valuable it is to be a member in this elite club. Many are writing to ask how to renew. If you'll notice, we've extended your membership at no cost, and will continue to do so until your renewal gift is "ready".

And what a gorgeous gift it is! The final Artifice in the Series, and available ONLY to Black Club.

If you've ordered recently you've seen a few pics on the shipping insert included in your package. Gold Artifice. Wrapped in glittering foil on the softest, most expensive black luxe paper. Like the rare Gold Arcane, but far more distinctive.

This single deck will put the crowning achievement on the critically acclaimed Artifice line. There will be no more Artifice produced after this one. We'll still have all the decks available, just no more colors.

Let us explain how the "gift" aspect of Black Club works...

As part of year one everyone gets the superb "welcome to Black Club" kit. Then, during the year, you experience what Black Club is all about. Very quickly, the $147 pricetag fades in your rearview mirror. You realize that the cost of Black Club gets paid for quickly as you enjoy rare items that NO ONE else can own. These are given to you either at great savings or no cost at all. We'll remind you of a few of this past year's benefits in a moment.

When you renew, we want to give you a gift for joining us for another year. This year's gift is the Gold Artifice Rare Deck. THREE of them. We figured you need one to put on the shelf to hold as an investment (believe us, it will be worth a lot some day), you need one to take out and use for special performances, and you need one deck to do anything you want with (some may sell the deck on eBay and let the profits pay for their entire year in Black Club.... we don't necessarily recommend it but the option is there).

The deck was expected to be ready in mid December. It's not. There were a few additions we wanted to give to the deck and we are doing that. If it's worth it, it's worth waiting for. The limited number of Gold Artifice decks should be delivered to the Ellusionist warehouse by the third week in Jan. At that time the first renewal will be available for purchase.

We are extending your membership UNTIL your renewal is available.

You will be getting free months of benefits, whatever it takes. It's just another benefit of being in the Black Club.... we take care of our own and always will.

So that's it. We're late on the deck. We want you to wait for it. '14 is going to be incredible. You're going to get even MORE than you got last year.

Actually, it's been interesting looking back at what you did get.

The most talk we hear is about 24 hours pre-notice on releases. This feature lets you get in and get out FIRST. On a popular product you've seen our servers get annihilated for hours as magicians struggle to checkout. Black Club has already "been there" and "done that" before the first server starts coughing up a furball. And on rare items where there are only 50 available, BC snaps them up before ANYONE.

Then there's the standard stuff... the 5% off, the three free downloads, free DVD downloads, the 250 extra loyalty points, the opportunity to buy from the Black Club store (so much cool stuff, and MORE coming). All that will come to you again during the second year as well.

Then! The specialty items you got. The Black Rounders sent to your door to surprise you before anyone else even knew they existed, with a SIGNED NOTE from Madison.

The Gold Arcane sheet at NO COST.

Free download effects through the year that no one else got, from Madison, Peter McKinnon and Justin Miller, all at NO COST.

You picked up a free Red Arcane deck before anyone even knew they existed, at NO COST.

You got various special deals, a few of which are....

• 24 Hours Double Your Discount
• 25% Off Smiley by Laurent Mikelfield
• 25% Off Artifact Coins
• $50 Off Colossal Luxury Close Up Pad
• $50 Off Pure Smoke
• $50 Off Gold Arcane Sheets
• 33% Off the Black Club Ring

We plan to beef up the store in 2014, with more rare, sweet products only for you guys.
Black Club truly IS special.

We hope you enjoyed what you received over the last year, and know it's only going to get better. We'll let you know when you can renew.

Best wishes for an incredible New Year, be sure to stay safe.

Team Ellusionist.

End email

This should have the information you are looking for.

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 01:35:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO MISSED THIS KEY PART OF THE MESSAGE..

And what a gorgeous gift it is! The final Artifice in the Series, and available ONLY to Black Club.

So, when can we expect the purple Arcane deck?  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 01:46:47 AM »

DJT

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO MISSED THIS KEY PART OF THE MESSAGE..

So, when can we expect the purple Arcane deck?  :))

No doubt!

The Artifice looks nice though, embossed with real gold! Haha j/k. I think the box is a step up.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:50:51 AM by DJT »

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 04:27:28 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Based on what's been written in the e-mail, I'm assuming that the tuck box is going to be made from the same paper as T11's red Monarchs and Medallions -- after all, their tuck boxes are also made from the "softest" paper.
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 06:06:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Based on what's been written in the e-mail, I'm assuming that the tuck box is going to be made from the same paper as T11's red Monarchs and Medallions -- after all, their tuck boxes are also made from the "softest" paper.

They're made of Charmin Extra Soft?  Wow...  :))

The things they do in Marketing...

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 08:14:20 AM »

AtomSmash

• True Member
  • ಠ_ಠ
Jeez, these sound awesome.

Times that I wish I was in black club.  :(
...but that's just my opinion.

ಠ_ಠ CARDS ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 08:16:28 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Jeez, these sound awesome.

Times that I wish I was in black club.  :(

What stops you from joining?  As you can see over the past year, it was worth it in the end.

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 08:17:00 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty

They're made of Charmin Extra Soft?  Wow...  :))

The things they do in Marketing...

It was either going to be Charmin or Kleenex (Andrex over here in the UK)...

On a serious note though, I think the photo of the tuckbox looks pretty cool. I wasn't particularly impressed with the white or black Artifice decks, because they were nothing more than dull looking versions of the previous Artifice decks.

This one at least looks like some extra work has been done on it (albeit only on the box).

I'll definitely be renewing my Black Club membership, because Ellusionist really do go that extra length for black club members.
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 08:52:00 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
We have charmin and Kleenex in th uk lol don't forget plenty ( formerly bounty ) lol
Anyway, I thought someone stated something about their being limited to 6 decks each?

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 09:36:50 AM »

atsquare

We have charmin and Kleenex in th uk lol don't forget plenty ( formerly bounty ) lol
Anyway, I thought someone stated something about their being limited to 6 decks each?

Maybe there's an option of buying three more at $18 a pop each?

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 02:26:17 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Who said that?

BTW: the US still has Bounty.

Maybe there's an option of buying three more at $18 a pop each?

Right now, there isn't an option to buy jacksquat.  Patience, young grasshoppers...  All of this is RUMOR, other than the facts that a) the deck exists, b) only Black Club members will have access and c) it's the LAST Artifice design E is making.

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2013, 02:39:09 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

Who said that?

BTW: the US still has Bounty.

It's stated on the flyer also, here's a link for it. http://aethercards.com/discourse/playing-card-plethora/gold-artifice-black-club-renewal/ Maybe a merge?