Bicycle Truth Garden No. 03

Author (Read 33198 times)

Re: Bicycle Truth Garden No. 03 coming out soon
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 07:54:06 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I always liked the Cage garden jokers.
I was told that the best way to see updates on anything here in China is to use Weibo.com. Its kinda like their facebook/twitter since those two are blocked here. I'm going to try and see if I can find news about this.

That gaff card is looking very crowded to me. I'm not much of a magician so I don't know how that is going to be used >.< 15 pips (clubs and diamonds) although I am very curious to see.

lets all cross our fingers that it won't be ridiculously priced. Even now I can't afford to the the First and second cage gardens. Its those or a new camera. :)

If I had to guess, based on the number of pips and the indices in all four corners, this is probably a "four-in-one" gaff; four cards, each in a different suit, printed on the same card.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 11:40:20 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
got this other picture it kind of reveals some of the court cards .

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 01:01:13 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
got this other picture it kind of reveals some of the court cards .

Well, it's also easy to see they're going way out with the non-standard pip placements.  I approve!

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2013, 12:00:36 AM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
They posted up a better view to the court cards they look nice .click on the picture to make it bigger .

and with it came this massage ?

The hearts of every man

There will be a bride

Well hidden in the hearts of

Unspeakable story

A quiet waiting

But I do not know how to deal with the little girl

It may be in you

Or away from you

Whatever the physiological or psychological distance ...

When a man

Also only lightly memorial

"The Garden V2 - My Dying BrideThe Garden V2 - My Dying Bride"

Perhaps individuals unable to accompany you forever

But she will be in a different form

Exist in a memorial inside

We will grow and prosper

It is a life essential nutrients

Is to allow you to get better

This memory will remain in the locked garden to.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:42:53 PM by Frost »

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2013, 01:35:38 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Hmmm those courts look 3D. Similar to the White Knuckles! If they turn out to be, that'd be an amazing addition to the deck! Looking forward to more peaks at the deck, a possible reveal, or even a release date!
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 01:06:21 AM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
A link that i saw said that the deck would be released on  "The Seventh Day Of The Lunar Calender"  i don't know what that means does anybody know ?

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 01:37:37 AM »

nicknamehere

• Newcomer
if it helps, we just celebrated the Lunar New Year today, so I'm guessing next Sunday would be 7 days from today?

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 01:44:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
A link that i saw said that the deck would be released on  "The Seventh Day Of The Lunar Calender"  i don't know what that means does anybody know ?

The Lunar Calendar is also known by some as the Chinese Calendar.  The Lunar New Year, a.k.a. Chinese New Year, was this weekend, specifically Sunday 10 February, with New Year's Eve landing on Saturday 9 February.  So these will be out in about a week - probably the night of Saturday 16 February.

Which link did you have that said this?  Please, share with the class...  :))
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 01:50:42 AM by Don Boyer »

Garden V1 are like this
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 01:56:05 AM »

xiaowochang

• Newcomer
 Garden V1 do exit, check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYy1NKyjvlo

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 02:50:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Garden V1 do exit, check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYy1NKyjvlo

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce the designer of the Garden series decks!

Thanks for coming by.

I've seen this video before, months ago - no one here doubts the existence of the original Cage Garden set.  We're searching for more information on the new Truth Garden No. 3 deck.  Is this also part of a two-deck "Truth Garden" set (Nos. 3 & 4)?  Where will we be able to purchase them?  How many are being made?  We're extremely interested in your latest work!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:38:44 AM by Don Boyer »

hey everybody
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2013, 11:47:41 AM »

xiaowochang

• Newcomer
Hey everybody! I happen to drop by earlier today, and was so glad to find you guys talking about Garden No.3, which is my beloved baby. Let me tell you some detail about the Gaff you all interested in. In fact I am a mind reader, so one of the two gaff cards was admired by Luke Jermay. It is a gaff whick will help you with his "Reversed Gestalt Moment" routine. The prediction on the box-same as Garden V1 will still remain.
I wish all of you could own this precious baby, so I did my best to keep the price reasonable.While at the same time the quality of cards have a big raise. You won't regret getting it!  So keep looking forward to it  :D
In just a few days you'll find it here: http://www.aloysstudio.com/
As you know I am Chinese. It is Chinese New Year now, wish you all a happy brand new year!

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2013, 12:32:03 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity

It means Jan 7th in the lunar calendar, in other words, this Saturday (Feb 16th in the solar calendar)  ???

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2013, 02:36:06 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I find this deck very interesting. I received the pre-release notification about it a few days back, and I have been wondering about the details of the back story and what the deck looked like. I know that Aloys stated that only 850 decks would be in "store stock", but I'd love to know a total production/distribution number. The "x" number of decks will be "released" and availability for a "limited time only" statements tend to make me lose a bit of enthusiasm for a release such as this. I don't buy as an investment to re-sell, but I do love the challenge and reward of obtaining truly rare decks. Vague production quantity numbers leave so many doors open. Obviously this will be popular in China and surrounding areas, I just wonder about the interest of the standard collector.

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2013, 02:59:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I find this deck very interesting. I received the pre-release notification about it a few days back, and I have been wondering about the details of the back story and what the deck looked like. I know that Aloys stated that only 850 decks would be in "store stock", but I'd love to know a total production/distribution number. The "x" number of decks will be "released" and availability for a "limited time only" statements tend to make me lose a bit of enthusiasm for a release such as this. I don't buy as an investment to re-sell, but I do love the challenge and reward of obtaining truly rare decks. Vague production quantity numbers leave so many doors open. Obviously this will be popular in China and surrounding areas, I just wonder about the interest of the standard collector.

Considering that Bicycle Cage Garden Nos. 01 and 02 sell in the low triple-figures each, I'd say there's some interest in them.  But I'm not sure that I'm in the mood to fight most of the world's card collectors for such a short supply of decks - there's no way the print run was only 850.  Either other retailers will be getting this as well or most of what's made is being kept for distribution in China.  I'll have to see what the retail from Aloys will be on this deck.

hi Don Boyer
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2013, 03:56:27 AM »

xiaowochang

• Newcomer
Hi Don Boyer, here are some details I know. 2500 decks were printed, but as you know I am Chinese, and in fact I designed this deck mostly for Chinese magic lovers and collectors.So most of them will go to China, say 1400 of them.  850 will be selling overseas, that is the quantity you could get. And the rest will be kept for personal use for myself.  Hope you love it.   :D

Re: hi Don Boyer
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2013, 04:09:49 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Hi Don Boyer, here are some details I know. 2500 decks were printed, but as you know I am Chinese, and in fact I designed this deck mostly for Chinese magic lovers and collectors.So most of them will go to China, say 1400 of them.  850 will be selling overseas, that is the quantity you could get. And the rest will be kept for personal use for myself.  Hope you love it.   :D

That clears up the numbering concern! Thanks for the info! :) I'm looking foward to seeing what the price tag on these are. Looking forward to the release.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

Re: hi Don Boyer
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2013, 04:57:36 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

It's understandable that you'd reserve the lion's share for your home country - it's probably among the few USPC decks available at retail there.  It's also understandable that you'd hold a healthy reserve for your personal use!  It's quite common for a magician or a cardist designing their own deck to keep a hefty amount for themselves - in this case, 10%.

I very much appreciate your arrival in this community and the information you've contributed regarding your deck.  I'd like to personally invite you to participate in all of our public topics.  Our members really appreciate it when we have popular designers, magicians, cardists, etc. adding to our conversations.  I know a fair number of our members are in China, and a somewhat greater number are from the various Asian nations including your own.

Please, make yourself at home.  If you need any help or have unanswered questions, the other moderators and I would be glad to assist you however we can.  :))

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2013, 09:35:03 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Great info! I didn't know if the 850 figure was just what was released outside of China, or just what Aloys would be selling.

Don, I saw your post on another topic about low deck sales amounts where you noted that the minimum print run is at least 2,500. That was a fantastic point, one that to be perfectly honest, I hadn't ever thought of before. Thank you for that new angle of thought on "limited release" decks! I don't know why that thought had never run through my mind, but your post made it sink in!

Well, I'm going to have to be in on these as well. Bring 'em on!

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2013, 09:00:12 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Great info! I didn't know if the 850 figure was just what was released outside of China, or just what Aloys would be selling.

Don, I saw your post on another topic about low deck sales amounts where you noted that the minimum print run is at least 2,500. That was a fantastic point, one that to be perfectly honest, I hadn't ever thought of before. Thank you for that new angle of thought on "limited release" decks! I don't know why that thought had never run through my mind, but your post made it sink in!

Well, I'm going to have to be in on these as well. Bring 'em on!

The minimum used to be 5,000 but USPC's minimums have a way of changing around a lot.  They raise it when they're getting a lot of junk projects coming in the door as a way of saying "put up or shut up."  For special projects from premium customers, they do make exceptions - for example, Zenneth Kok got a 5K print run on his black New Fan Backs, but was granted permission to make a 1,000 print run for the white NFBs.  Another example of something special would be changing a back color in the midst of a print run which results in a rare transition color, as CARC did for the Pro Bike Skull & Bones (black & red = blood red) and David Blaine did for the Series A White Lions (red & blue = purple "rainbow").

one more picture
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2013, 07:36:33 AM »

xiaowochang

• Newcomer
Thanks for Don's inviting! I've decided to visit and participate more in DISCOURSE, despite of my poor English ;)
There is one more pic of Garden Truth, somebody had already got a pair of these, but I myself haven't got one yet. Let's see it.

Re: one more picture
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2013, 08:20:49 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
Thanks for Don's inviting! I've decided to visit and participate more in DISCOURSE, despite of my poor English ;)
There is one more pic of Garden Truth, somebody had already got a pair of these, but I myself haven't got one yet. Let's see it.

I am very excited for this release. I have the originals but I don't want to open them; at least with the new release it will be possible  :D
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2013, 09:46:53 AM »

vmagic

I can't believe I won one of these on Aloy's contest! How many of the White decks will be made and how do we get those?

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2013, 01:41:16 AM »

DC

• Forum Regular
I can't believe I won one of these on Aloy's contest! How many of the White decks will be made and how do we get those?

Congratulations, vmagic! You are so LUCKY :)

I am also very excited for this Truth Garden Set and would also like to know where can the white version (04) be purchased.

According to "taobao" in China, they said the Black Deck will be released on 20:00 16Feb2013 local time and selling at ¥68.00.

I was unable to find any information on the White Truth Garden Deck (04)...

After the overspending during the 2012 Black Friday to Christmas events, I am still recovering...
However the Garden Set is what I am long after, like many others, the sky high prices of the first two versions have kept me away.

I am therefore looking forward to purchasing a few decks of this new release!

Does anyone have any information from the "aloysstudio.com" that when the Truth Garden Deck be released please?

Thank you!

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2013, 02:55:55 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
According to "taobao" in China, they said the Black Deck will be released on 20:00 16Feb2013 local time and selling at ¥68.00.

RMB 68 is approx. $10.9, I wish I can get these decks with reasonable price then. :(

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2013, 11:51:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

RMB 68 is approx. $10.9, I wish I can get these decks with reasonable price then. :(

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but Saturday 16 Feb 20:00 in China (that's the local time referred to above, right?) is 12:00 Saturday in UTC and 07:00am US/Canada Eastern Time, right?