Blue LTD from Ellusionist [NEW]

Author (Read 21339 times)

Re: NEW DECK- Blue LTD. Deck?
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 12:09:28 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Also for anyone that missed it the Sultan Republic deck is also a Limited Edition deck with only 10,000 printed as they are not reprinting them and are redesigning them entirely

Yeah, that was written up in the topic for that deck.  It's an accidental limited edition, just like the first edition blue Artifice, the all-white pip Black Tiger and the silver-and-red Tally Ho Vipers.  And if you get down to it, all the UV500 and Air Cushion versions of the decks prior to Artifice.

Yes but those were mass produced awile ago, these are actually a limited edition deck. In reality all decks are limited editions because they will eventually not be made any more but only 10,000 of these were made, making them fairly rare. E said awile ago that 100,000 Artifice Blue 1's were made.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 12:42:44 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Also for anyone that missed it the Sultan Republic deck is also a Limited Edition deck with only 10,000 printed as they are not reprinting them and are redesigning them entirely

Yeah, that was written up in the topic for that deck.  It's an accidental limited edition, just like the first edition blue Artifice, the all-white pip Black Tiger and the silver-and-red Tally Ho Vipers.  And if you get down to it, all the UV500 and Air Cushion versions of the decks prior to Artifice.

Yes but those were mass produced awile ago, these are actually a limited edition deck. In reality all decks are limited editions because they will eventually not be made any more but only 10,000 of these were made, making them fairly rare. E said awile ago that 100,000 Artifice Blue 1's were made.

I'm going to continue this in the actual topic for this deck...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 01:34:23 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Awesome... Now that the LTD isn't selling for $100 anymore and you can pick them up for $20 there's a blue version... Just what I've always wanted... At least it will go with my eyes... When this one reaches $20, they should release a brown LTD deck to represent what this recoloring fad actually is... Did everyone get it??? $#!T... Wow a new color... "I really need this at all costs to complete my collection..."  Please... I've really had enough of this, now common, lazy way to release a new deck and demand additional $ without doing anything at all except for pushing a button...

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 02:28:29 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
Recolouring or very minimal variations are pretty much the go to nowadays to hold customer attention until they release a new product. But it's not just in the playing cards market; go look at Apple or the phone manufacturers. They all function the same way, do the same things, but every few months a new one comes out that people will buy.

E aren't forcing you to buy the deck; and never have. If you go ahead and blow your money on decks then realise that you've made a mistake, don't blame the company; instead take responsibility for your mistakes. I did see your comment on the Black Artifice about how you got suckered into the collecting bug, and I will admit myself it is quite consuming.

But in this instance a blue LTD deck may be a new collectors way of obtaining an LTD deck without spending upwards of $50 on eBay or via the free gift tier system on E. It also hasn't been confirmed to be something that will be sold in the future. It could have just been a prototype that will never see the light of day.
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 09:10:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Recolouring or very minimal variations are pretty much the go to nowadays to hold customer attention until they release a new product. But it's not just in the playing cards market; go look at Apple or the phone manufacturers. They all function the same way, do the same things, but every few months a new one comes out that people will buy.

E aren't forcing you to buy the deck; and never have. If you go ahead and blow your money on decks then realise that you've made a mistake, don't blame the company; instead take responsibility for your mistakes. I did see your comment on the Black Artifice about how you got suckered into the collecting bug, and I will admit myself it is quite consuming.

But in this instance a blue LTD deck may be a new collectors way of obtaining an LTD deck without spending upwards of $50 on eBay or via the free gift tier system on E. It also hasn't been confirmed to be something that will be sold in the future. It could have just been a prototype that will never see the light of day.

I agree with most of your points, except for the comparison in the first paragraph.  Most of the changes involved with making new smartphones deal with changes in design and technology - newer chips, sharper displays, more memory, better operating system, etc.

When someone changes the color of a deck, in most cases, it's as simple as moving a slider or two on a color palette.  That's the laziness he's referring to.

While I definitely agree, JMRock, there's also one issue that can't be ignored: customer demand.  Some people WANT different colors to choose from.  When the LTD deck first came out, people were already wishing there was a blue deck as well, to make a matched pair.  No company survives that ignores its customers for too long.

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 11:30:49 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Well, seems like there is a blue LTD deck. This is just the prototype though. It was put on auction by E to raise funds for the Wayne Houchin incident. What's more, apparently it has a different back design. Too bad there's no picture there showing the back. :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221162844247?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

EDIT:
Was too excited when i posted this I didn't read the product description on the E-bay auction, it seems that the blue LTD will be an unlimited deck!

Up for auction is a deck of Blue LTD playing cards from Ellusionist. Yes. Blue. The first edition of this deck was rare, red and extremely sought by collectors. Originally available as a holiday promotion, the red deck was printed in a run of about 5,000. As for this blue deck, it's a little different -- it is the only one of its kind. It is a prototype deck for an unlimited blue version of the deck.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 11:32:54 PM by LeonJL »

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 11:55:53 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Hmm, it has a seal...
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 12:13:05 AM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
so the blue deck will be unlimited ?

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 12:22:16 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
Awesome... Now that the LTD isn't selling for $100 anymore and you can pick them up for $20 there's a blue version... Just what I've always wanted... At least it will go with my eyes... When this one reaches $20, they should release a brown LTD deck to represent what this recoloring fad actually is... Did everyone get it??? $#!T... Wow a new color... "I really need this at all costs to complete my collection..."  Please... I've really had enough of this, now common, lazy way to release a new deck and demand additional $ without doing anything at all except for pushing a button...

where are you finding red LTD decks for 20 bucks?

also, as a matter of principle, I'm only going to buy the blue LTD deck if they change the name to Blue unLTD deck
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 12:23:31 AM by sr15 »

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 12:55:07 AM »

twiscold

• Forum Regular
Behold the unlimited edition limited edition deck
imaging they use that name  :)

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 12:55:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Sr15 - the box says "unlimited deck" below LTD on the front.  I think that's as close to a name change as you're going to see - though I could be wrong.

Frost - yes, unlimited, just like the box says and just like LeonJL stated.  What makes that particular deck up for auction so special is that it's not a production model; it's a prototype, and it's being sold as a fundraiser, thus meaning people will bid far more than the deck is actually worth to help Wayne.  We'll probably see this for sale sometime in the near future - my guess would be New Year's Day or something like that.

John - what about the seal?  It's a growing trend for decks to have seals again, usually customized.  Funny how things come full circle like that...

LeonJL - I wish they were showing the back as well, but it's part of what the bidder is paying for.  Call it bragging rights.

What surprises me about this fundraiser is that there's just the one deck, it's already at $252 and I can't imagine it going too much higher than that.  Even if it doubles in price, that's not a lot in light of the expenses Wayne will face - and as a working magician, there's a fair-to-middling chance he has no health insurance.  I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but I could have imagined better ways to raise funds like this, and to do so without all the cash coming out of one person's wallet.

Imagine a "fundraiser weekend" - buy a deck or a trick and they donate the profits (or even just half of the profits - they are a business) to Wayne, or something like that.  As another option, I would be willing to do something like buying a deck at $5 above normal retail, with the fiver going to the fundraiser; I'd bet I'm not the only one, either.  That would likely raise a lot more cash for him, especially this time of year.

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2012, 05:24:41 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
Well Don, we're currently looking at around $4.5K  ??? oh well, if it's going to Wayne, then I'm all for it :)

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2012, 05:28:30 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
Don I was just joking, I'm prolly gonna pick up this deck regardless of what they call it

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 06:11:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Well Don, we're currently looking at around $4.5K  ??? oh well, if it's going to Wayne, then I'm all for it :)

You aren't looking at the same auction I am, then.  The one I looked at - the one linked to a few posts back - is now at $305.00, only about 7% of the $4,500 you're saying it's up to...

Don I was just joking, I'm prolly gonna pick up this deck regardless of what they call it

Then use a smiley and let a brother in on the joke...  :))

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2012, 07:07:09 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
Hmm must have been a glitch of some sort, I'm not too sure. On the LTD uncut and blue LTD it was around $5k each with a lot of bids from the same person with 0 feedback. Then there was a final bid of around the 5K from a standard ebayer. Interesting though  :karrit:

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2012, 09:25:39 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
John - what about the seal?  It's a growing trend for decks to have seals again, usually customized.  Funny how things come full circle like that...

I was just wondering if anyone else saw it... :P
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 12:46:11 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hmm must have been a glitch of some sort, I'm not too sure. On the LTD uncut and blue LTD it was around $5k each with a lot of bids from the same person with 0 feedback. Then there was a final bid of around the 5K from a standard ebayer. Interesting though  :karrit:

It must have been a glitch.  Did you see the other items up for bids?  Some cool stuff.

I was just wondering if anyone else saw it... :P

OK, then...  I did...  :))

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2012, 12:46:39 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
I'm not sure this is confirmed. It's only a prototype, and it says it's to raise more money to help Wayne Houchin. Probably only a single release.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:04:10 PM by MrMollusk »
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2012, 08:24:59 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm not sure this is confirmed. It's only a prototype, and it says it's to raise more money to help Wayne Houchin. Probably only a single release.

While that's possible, it's pretty unlikely.  People make prototypes of decks they're in the process of making.  If it was a concept they were considering but weren't sure of the art, they'd make a proof sheet - it costs a fraction of what a prototype deck does.

New deck- Blue LTD deck from E
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2013, 02:43:49 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Blue LTD deck available next weekend. No price or other info except this.

Re: New deck- Blue LTD deck from E
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2013, 02:50:04 AM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
Bleh....won't be as limited as the reds, not really interested unless the back design is different. A simple recoloring won't be enough to entice me to buy these.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2013, 04:48:05 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
Fank, in the video it was mentioned that there will be more than just a recolouring; a few variations in design here and there.

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2013, 12:08:37 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Bleh....won't be as limited as the reds, not really interested unless the back design is different. A simple recoloring won't be enough to entice me to buy these.

If I remember correctly, the prototype on Ebay said it had a new back. The jokers looked pretty much the same though. Granted that WAS a prototype, but the completed version can't be too different.

Someone should merge this with the other Blue LTD topic.
http://aethercards.com/discourse/playing-card-plethora/new-deck-blue-ltd-deck/
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2013, 01:32:06 PM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
Yes, they said there would be a few variations, but I would like a different back design, not just a few subtle changes. Granted I LOVED the original LTD back design, I'm not a fan of recolorings, as I said, so I am really looking forward to a changed back design for these.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2013, 02:12:48 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
Yes !!! I have been waiting for this deck to release can't wait . 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 02:13:18 PM by Frost »