You are Here:
Quicksilver Deck - Circle City Cards

Author (Read 18428 times)

Re: Quicksilver Deck - Circle City Cards
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2013, 12:24:59 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Like I said before, I'm done with kickstarter.   I have pledged for 3 projects and every one of them have been terrible.   One project took basically a year to get, the other project there were only 100 decks to be given out for a special promotion, signed and numbered, and my order fell through the cracks, and this project is working on taking a year like the first project I pledged for.

Mehh, I will buy my decks from the dealers and have them months before anyone who pledged for them from now on.
- Adam

« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2013, 12:12:46 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Just bad luck, hang in there. I've pledged for about 5 dozen projects, and have never had any problems. Just lucky, I guess.

« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2013, 10:02:30 AM »

verloren

• Forum Regular
Picking ones with a proven track record helps a lot too.

Other times, it depends on how lucky you are (funding, product development issues, creator commitment etc).

« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2013, 01:00:32 AM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
15 decks, uncut sheet, and 20 dice nowhere to be found. This project is the last Kickstarter project I will ever back.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2013, 03:30:06 AM »

Yin

• 52 Plus Joker Member
15 decks, uncut sheet, and 20 dice nowhere to be found. This project is the last Kickstarter project I will ever back.

I pledged for 12+2 decks (2 added later after KS ended by paypal) and 20 dice and I've yet to received my items too. He did say that he's sending out international orders so I'm still waiting on them.

If it helps, Uusi is one of the companies which I would back everytime. I pledged for their Bohemia deck and they delivered in spades. They were on time and every items of my pledge arrived without a scratch or dent (which is rare for me, because all my pledges for decks all have at least one that arrives damaged).  :)

« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2013, 03:36:26 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Update.......

Russell finally emailed me back today.   Said he went back through his packages and has a returned package from APRIL with my correct address but it says unable to forward/return to sender.

I responded back verifying my address again and wrote the folowing: 

"Same address I verified with you before when I first emailed you May 26.   Never heard anything back from you nor did receive my cards so I decided to email you again going against what you stated in your emails about contacing you about orders and statuses.   Glad I did so now knowing my cards have just been chilling since April while I patiently wait everyday wondering if today is the day that they will finally arrive.   Not sure why my package was returned.   Been living here for a long time and receive packages all the time.   Indianapolis is only a 3 hour drive from my hometown.   Maybe I was better off just driving and picking them up..."

Arrrgh....
- Adam

« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2013, 04:55:33 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
So who has actually gotten their cards? I know I am still waiting on mine, I have contacted russel via kickstarter but he never responded. This is why I don't like to use kickstarter. 2 out of the 5 projects decided to take forever to ship (vortex, and quicksilver) and 2 have ended not to long ago. So only one has gone well so far.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2013, 06:02:26 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
I got my decks a LONG time ago, ordered 8 I believe,
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2013, 12:15:42 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
So who has actually gotten their cards? I know I am still waiting on mine, I have contacted russel via kickstarter but he never responded. This is why I don't like to use kickstarter. 2 out of the 5 projects decided to take forever to ship (vortex, and quicksilver) and 2 have ended not to long ago. So only one has gone well so far.

I received my order of 1 deck quite some time ago. Judging by my tumblr account I use to track my card collection, I received it on (or very near) June 11th.

« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2013, 08:53:44 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Well I just wish he would communicate I know there were dice issues but I just want to know if its shipped or not. He does not update or respond to messages.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2013, 08:55:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I probably got mine nearly the same time as Curt.

I've heard rumors - totally unverified - that he ran short of cash in the shipping, which is why many people got theirs months ago while others are still waiting.  He may have worked to insure that people in visible positions on the boards got theirs first to try to keep the issue quiet.  If that's the case, it would only have worked so far, and not this long.

But again - TOTALLY UNVERIFIED.  I could be talking out of my ass right now and not even know it.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2013, 02:13:50 PM »

AlbinoDragon

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I received mine and an uncut shortly after he started shipping. The deck had ripped the uncut unfortunately, but having gone through this nightmare myself back in December I didn't mention it.

« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2013, 01:00:47 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Does anyone have an idea of any legal action we can take about this? I heard a lot of people have not gotten theirs and I am pissed.

« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2013, 02:41:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Does anyone have an idea of any legal action we can take about this? I heard a lot of people have not gotten theirs and I am pissed.

Complain to your local Consumer Affairs Department or your local equivalent.  You can also try contacting the one in Indianapolis.

« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2013, 02:44:14 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I have no idea what that is or how to go about it. :( looks like I get to go do some reserch.

« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2013, 01:20:39 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
So I love how Russell is "still shipping" according to his updates but I just got this because of the fact that I pledged. http://d19cgyi5s8w5eh.cloudfront.net/eml/58467018-415X-4ZY1-8439-UY4Y96W1706Y?e=Johnnyb_2011%40yahoo.com&a=U259U531-Z7U0-407Y-Z71Z-8Y15V4Y36WX7&f=&t=1

« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2013, 03:04:15 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The part I love is how he mentions that the Hornets won the 2012 award for Best Poker Deck - and in the fine print, mentions that it was given by United Cardists.  I think he still OWNED United Cardists at the time!

But on a more serious note, he's selling his decks at fire sale prices.  I think he's using them to raise funds to get those Quicksilver decks out to his backers.  If that's the case, I'd say it a good idea long overdue.  Hornets are under $4 a pack and the other decks are under $6 a pack - and there's bulk discounting.

I'll post about this in the topic for Holidays 2013, if you don't mind.

« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2013, 03:10:07 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I all honesty I kinda do mind, because if he sells the quicksilver to make money to ship them he is selling whats he is suppose to ship. I really hope it would work out or he would atleast state thats what he is doing.

« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2013, 03:25:14 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I all honesty I kinda do mind, because if he sells the quicksilver to make money to ship them he is selling whats he is suppose to ship. I really hope it would work out or he would atleast state thats what he is doing.

I really doubt he sold out the entire print run on KS.  Few ever do.  His KS decks always eventually ended up on his site, and in a few cases on HOPC as well.

If what I surmised is true, the alternative to this sale would be Russell continuing to drag out shipments at a snail's pace.  This would seem to be the better idea.

« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2013, 05:03:41 PM »

BastianBJ

• Forum Regular

• Kickstarter:
Looking at the comments at the Quicksilver Kickstarter page, Russell made a update:

UPDATE:
Im just dropping in to say that I am using the profits from this weekends sale on my site to ship more pledges for my kickstarter backers and fix my mistakes.

So hopefully a handful of people will receive their stuff soon

« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2013, 09:32:36 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Looking at the comments at the Quicksilver Kickstarter page, Russell made a update:

UPDATE:
Im just dropping in to say that I am using the profits from this weekends sale on my site to ship more pledges for my kickstarter backers and fix my mistakes.

So hopefully a handful of people will receive their stuff soon

Just as I figured.  This should speed things along - though I can't imagine what it means for CCCC.  The pricing is nearly "going-out-of-business low".

« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2013, 11:31:27 PM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
Sigh. I just remembered I never received these from the KS campaign. It's been well over a year now. Absolutely ridiculous.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2013, 12:06:27 AM »

sliverboi

Sigh. I just remembered I never received these from the KS campaign. It's been well over a year now. Absolutely ridiculous.

Me too Fanofyankees. I guess the only way to receive those deck we pledged for is to purchase from him on his website now. And I am reluctant to do that because I don't want to feed him more of my money. Damn..

« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2013, 12:10:37 AM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:

Me too Fanofyankees. I guess the only way to receive those deck we pledged for is to purchase from him on his website now. And I am reluctant to do that because I don't want to feed him more of my money. Damn..

I'm in this project for almost $150. Not a chance in hell I'd give him another penny.

« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2013, 01:03:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I'm in this project for almost $150. Not a chance in hell I'd give him another penny.

I can't blame you, especially now that his fire-sale pricing is over.  I'm still trying to figure out why his Hornets are still in stock - that was a great deck.  I just wish it came in two back colors.

Let's hope that the fire sale being over means that he has the cash he needs to get everyone's decks into their mailboxes and he's been working on it.  His reputation has already become mud because of this - I don't think he wants it turning into bulls**t.