You are Here:
Marc Jacobs Vandal Playing Cards - USPCC

Author (Read 1723 times)

Marc Jacobs Vandal Playing Cards - USPCC
« on: December 20, 2013, 11:36:54 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Didn't see anything about these here yet and thought they were wicked… Just picked up a few decks designed by the famous designer Marc Jacobs printed by the United States Playing Card Company… Looks as if every card is unique and designed by Jacobs himself… They're going for stupid money on eBay, but you can order them right through http://www.marcjacobs.com/special-items/special-items/vndlplngdeck/vandal-playing-cards?sort= for $8… shipping's ridiculous at $10, but orders over $50 ship for free for the holidays… Picked up a few extra if anyone's interested…                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Re: Marc Jacobs Vandal Playing Cards - USPCC
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 12:01:48 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I have to say, it's one of the more unique decks I've ever seen.  Don't know if it's to my taste, but it's definitely unique.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 12:08:13 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
I like this deck  bought a few back in summer and also found his first deck from a few years ago on ebay a while back

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 12:19:30 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
"They're going for stupid money on eBay..."

That's a understatement! Wow!

Not to my taste, but I've never heard of Marc Jacobs either. Not much makes it back into the depths of my cave! :-)

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 01:40:13 PM »

see_squared

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Oddly enough I rather enjoy this deck and the previous....I have a few of each.  No idea why they are going for $30+ on eBay (also not sure if anyone is buying them for that).  Another great example of having fun with a deck design. 

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 02:03:55 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I kinda like the art on the deck...but DUH...another ship within US only deck.  >:(

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 02:36:38 PM »

MagikFingerz

• Forum Regular
Yeah, not my cup of tea either. Thanks for sharing though, the artwork is certainly intriguing.
- Tom

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 06:03:21 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
No idea why they are going for $30+ on eBay (also not sure if anyone is buying them for that).

No idea?  How about this one?

I kinda like the art on the deck...but DUH...another ship within US only deck.  >:(

I bet HE has an idea - it's the only place to get an international order on this deck.  :))

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 08:49:16 PM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran

Not to my taste, but I've never heard of Marc Jacobs either. Not much makes it back into the depths of my cave! :-)

Marc Jacobs is a high end fashion designer.  If you check other sections on the site,  it shows that his bags and other items sell for hundreds,  mostly thousands of dollars.  He also has "Marc by Marc Jacobs" which is cheaper,  but still expensive.  The bag I wanted cost $500 and the laptop bag I was eyeing was $120. Frankly,  I'm surprised the cards are being sold for that cheap on his website. But then again,  he's a big name only in the fashion world,  not so much in cards,  so I guess he has not much of a leverage there. 

$30 seems too much to pay for this deck now that we know it's available for $8 on the website,  but I've paid much higher than $30 for some decks before and would have probably got suckered into paying that much for this deck if I didn't see this thread beforehand or thought to check his main website.

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 09:05:18 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

Marc Jacobs is a high end fashion designer.  If you check other sections on the site,  it shows that his bags and other items sell for hundreds,  mostly thousands of dollars.  He also has "Marc by Marc Jacobs" which is cheaper,  but still expensive.  The bag I wanted cost $500 and the laptop bag I was eyeing was $120. Frankly,  I'm surprised the cards are being sold for that cheap on his website. But then again,  he's a big name only in the fashion world,  not so much in cards,  so I guess he has not much of a leverage there. 

$30 seems too much to pay for this deck now that we know it's available for $8 on the website,  but I've paid much higher than $30 for some decks before and would have probably got suckered into paying that much for this deck if I didn't see this thread beforehand or thought to check his main website.

I may pay more for his bags or clothes, but i probably would not pay $30 for a Marc Jacobs deck of cards.

But i do agree that if i did not see the $8 price tag on the website, i would think $30 is a normal pricing for a "branded" deck. Considering how much a deck of Hermes playing cards are going for, i would consider it rather cheap for Marc Jacobs.

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 09:25:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I may pay more for his bags or clothes, but i probably would not pay $30 for a Marc Jacobs deck of cards.

But i do agree that if i did not see the $8 price tag on the website, i would think $30 is a normal pricing for a "branded" deck. Considering how much a deck of Hermes playing cards are going for, i would consider it rather cheap for Marc Jacobs.

Alexander Wang offers a set of black playing cards - £46.00 in a "mock-croc" box and £72.00 in a stingray box.  Insanely cheap cards - they're made of PVC plastic by Brahma Playing Cards and have only black-on-black print with only one pip per card and no court characters.  I have a pack, minus the luxury case, I picked up as part of a pack of samples of their work.  Ain't no way on Earth the cards are worth a fraction of what's being charged.  Welcome to the world of high fashion and design...