Author (Read 11163 times)

Re: Autographed Playing Cards
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2011, 06:46:23 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Back on topic!

What would you do with with the autographed cards? Frame Em? or Box Em?

I'd keep them boxed at first, but once I got a whole deck, I would try to get them professionally framed.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2011, 06:53:28 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular
  • "Heres to those actually in the arena..."

• Facebook:
I'd keep them boxed at first, but once I got a whole deck, I would try to get them professionally framed.

Would you have them just sign a blank deck? or sign actual cards? or a blank deck with backs?
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on his ability to climb a tree it will go its whole life thinking it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2011, 06:59:34 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Would you have them just sign a blank deck? or sign actual cards? or a blank deck with backs?

I will try to send all of the above celebrities one blank faced bicycle card with a red bike back.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 07:16:02 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
I will try to send all of the above celebrities one blank faced bicycle card with a red bike back.

Thats the same thing i would probably do! Man this is a great idea i think we should start a group of people to do it! It would be a fantastic experiment and fun hobby!
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on his ability to climb a tree it will go its whole life thinking it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 07:26:13 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Thats the same thing i would probably do! Man this is a great idea i think we should start a group of people to do it! It would be a fantastic experiment and fun hobby!

Seriously! Let's do it. We can tell each other which celebrities send back and stuff.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 07:48:38 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
add me to the list of this group, i would put mine in a bottle.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 07:52:36 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
add me to the list of this group, i would put mine in a bottle.

Wouldn't that ruin the point of all the cards being autographed?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 07:58:09 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
i would put them there so no one would touch them, i will only have a few so you can still see them just not touch and ruin them.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 07:59:56 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
i would put them there so no one would touch them, i will only have a few so you can still see them just not touch and ruin them.

Well if you're gonna do that, I have cases, that are fairly cheap online, that hold cards and screw shut, and they don't bend so your cards stay in perfect condition.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 08:03:24 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
ok pm a link please, dont want to waste post here.

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2011, 09:43:51 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Agree we should start a support group for this!? Hmm how can we go about this?

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2011, 10:00:32 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Agree we should start a support group for this!? Hmm how can we go about this?

Well first lets get the blank decks.

We can either go about this one of two ways:

-Let's just say there are three people in this "Club". I would send 3 cards to Betty White, zmuddiman would send 3 to Bill Cosby, and MrMagic322 could send 3 to Chevy Chase. Then we make an exchange with each other to save on shipping. Problem is that many celebrities only sign one item per package.

-We could also each send out to whomever we want and just have fun sending to who we like. We have more freedom this way, but we will have to pay more with shipping.

I will try to make a blog or a tumblr, and I will personally manage it, if we start doing this.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2011, 10:37:09 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

-Let's just say there are three people in this "Club". I would send 3 cards to Betty White, zmuddiman would send 3 to Bill Cosby, and MrMagic322 could send 3 to Chevy Chase. Then we make an exchange with each other to save on shipping. Problem is that many celebrities only sign one item per package.

-We could also each send out to whomever we want and just have fun sending to who we like. We have more freedom this way, but we will have to pay more with shipping.

I will try to make a blog or a tumblr, and I will personally manage it, if we start doing this.

Great idea! lets start with the decks, all three of us should at least have one if not two blank decks, then we need to compose a list of celebrities that we wish to contact. From there we can separate the list, and instead of shipping we can mail in envelopes a single card or two, but that can be decided per person. Upon completion of your signatures then we can decide how to combine based upon what each person was available to accomplish.

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2011, 10:49:54 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Great idea! lets start with the decks, all three of us should at least have one if not two blank decks, then we need to compose a list of celebrities that we wish to contact. From there we can separate the list, and instead of shipping we can mail in envelopes a single card or two, but that can be decided per person. Upon completion of your signatures then we can decide how to combine based upon what each person was available to accomplish.

Although I feel we should all work together, I feel we should also work separately. Since we all have different likes, it'd be stupid to force someone to get a Betty White autograph, if they hate Betty White. I think we should just have fun with it, and post our successes on a blog or Tumblr or something. We will see how it goes.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2011, 11:51:27 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Although I feel we should all work together, I feel we should also work separately. Since we all have different likes, it'd be stupid to force someone to get a Betty White autograph, if they hate Betty White. I think we should just have fun with it, and post our successes on a blog or Tumblr or something. We will see how it goes.

sounds like a plan! we should have a place to put the successes built before hand..mabye a contest hahaha to see who can get the most signatures in one year lol or something

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2011, 10:34:04 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

well i think since we might not all like the same people and want the sigy plus you said some only sign one item then we might just send cards out to people and if the do sign it and return it let the rest of us know. my main interest right now would be Penn and Teller, some people from USAnetwork, and thats about it...... I dont get out much.

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Wait.... why would you get random famous people to sign a cards? lol
How bout getting famous magicians and people like that to sign it  :P

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2011, 06:36:06 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

That is also an idea! i was thinking a sports team also. Just whatever our idols are. Magicians might be easier to get signatures from also

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2011, 07:59:09 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Hey ezstreet1997, I asked you for one on Youtube, but you never gave me a reply. What's up with that?
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2011, 08:03:01 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

I just want to. I have baseballs signed by non baseball players, because they display nice, and they look cool.

Same thing with cards.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2011, 09:34:36 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
I just want to. I have baseballs signed by non baseball players, because they display nice, and they look cool.

Same thing with cards.

who are they signed by?

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2011, 10:48:15 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
who are they signed by?

Weird Al's Guitarist, and I plan to get it signed by Al next time I go and see him. I also plan to go to Comic-Con in a few years and get a ball signed by Matt Groening (Creator of Simpsons and Futurama) and I want to meet Michael J. Fox someday and get a ball signed by him.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2011, 10:51:41 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Weird Al's Guitarist, and I plan to get it signed by Al next time I go and see him. I also plan to go to Comic-Con in a few years and get a ball signed by Matt Groening (Creator of Simpsons and Futurama) and I want to meet Michael J. Fox someday and get a ball signed by him.

nice well maybe instead of a ball ya can get cards signed also!?

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2011, 11:00:41 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
nice well maybe instead of a ball ya can get cards signed also!?

If they let me. I am a HUGE baseball fan, and love autographed baseballs. I am only getting three types of things for Christmas: Magic, Cards, and Autographed Baseballs.

A signed baseball looks amazing on display, and I'd rather have an autographed ball then a playing card. Balls are much more expensive (Like $20-$30 a ball), but I think it is worth it. If anyone else here likes baseball and stuff, I will try to post a picture of my baseball collection sometime.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2011, 11:05:21 PM »

zmuddiman

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
If they let me. I am a HUGE baseball fan, and love autographed baseballs. I am only getting three types of things for Christmas: Magic, Cards, and Autographed Baseballs.

A signed baseball looks amazing on display, and I'd rather have an autographed ball then a playing card. Balls are much more expensive (Like $20-$30 a ball), but I think it is worth it. If anyone else here likes baseball and stuff, I will try to post a picture of my baseball collection sometime.

well its true they do look better