You are Here:
Yorb Change

Author (Read 1471 times)

Yorb Change
« on: August 06, 2012, 07:22:46 PM »

YorbSterling

Hey guys, Yorb here.  I came up with this color change http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0z8Yu83Nos&feature=youtube_gdata  Any feedback would be great, thanks.
                                                     Yorb Sterling

Re: Yorb Change
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 07:43:52 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Very, very good performance. I rewatched several times to see if I could spot a flash and I could not.

My question is how well this works from different angles. For me, the best color changes are silent and work from a variety of angles.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 07:50:23 PM »

YorbSterling

Very, very good performance. I rewatched several times to see if I could spot a flash and I could not.

My question is how well this works from different angles. For me, the best color changes are silent and work from a variety of angles.

The angles that work are strait in front and to the right of you.  Anyone to the lefts sees it all haha.

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 08:00:59 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

The angles that work are strait in front and to the right of you.  Anyone to the lefts sees it all haha.

That's more than fine, it's really easy to shift how you stand for something like that. The worst for angles is probably the Axis Change, which is insanely visual but works from just one level of elevation/angle.

Have you considered publishing on the Wire?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:29:44 PM by alex. »
Forum Founder.

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 08:55:10 PM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
Hey yorb, that was really clean! I liked the way you handled the double in the beginning! I'm just curious though, isn't this the exact change found in Tivo on the trilogy?? If i'm wrong let me know cause if its a different method, i'm fooled!

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 10:17:17 PM »

YorbSterling

Hey yorb, that was really clean! I liked the way you handled the double in the beginning! I'm just curious though, isn't this the exact change found in Tivo on the trilogy?? If i'm wrong let me know cause if its a different method, i'm fooled!
From what I have seen, Tivo uses a method similar to venous trap, (Using your pinkie to slide the top card to the bottom.)  I dont use that method, I use a tenkai palm.  If its still the same method please let me know.  Thanks for the reply.       Yorb Sterling

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 10:25:38 PM »

YorbSterling

That's more than fine, it's really easy to shift how you stand for something like that. The worst for angles is probably the Axis Change, which is insanely visual and works from about on level of elevation/angle.

Have you considered publishing on the Wire?

That Axis Change is insane!!  But for a camera only cuz its angles like you said.   

About the Wire, I am a failure :(     Sent in several tricks, all rejected.  I'm not so good with a camera, and they want better videos than me sitting in my arm chair. One day tho, i will get something up.  :D thanks for asking tho.
                             Yorb Sterling

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 11:13:35 PM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
DUDE!! I watched that like 10 times trying to see how the heck that was a tenkai palm!   I was so distracted by your awesome double card flourish that I missed the move!! Amazing! Serious respect for this! you should make a tutorial this looks like something I would love to practice! Awesome awesome awesome!!

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 12:04:26 AM »

YorbSterling

DUDE!! I watched that like 10 times trying to see how the heck that was a tenkai palm!   I was so distracted by your awesome double card flourish that I missed the move!! Amazing! Serious respect for this! you should make a tutorial this looks like something I would love to practice! Awesome awesome awesome!!
Hey this is probably what your looking for, and its by the creator. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfavUnCzYqA
cheers, Yorb Sterling.

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 12:53:07 AM »

DarrylDavis

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
I might be confused ( and feel free not to answer if you don't want to reveal your trick) but you do that flourish with the double and then steal the top card in tenkaI on the last twist at some point?? that's the part I would love to learn!

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 01:43:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I was very impressed.  That was quite skillful, something I can aspire to.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 10:34:11 PM »

YorbSterling

Hey guys,  Just found out about changE by tony chang.  Does he use the tenkai palm in his change, or is it different.  Last thing i want is for people to say its a variation of changE.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:34:46 PM by YorbSterling »

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 11:01:12 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Wow, what a nice change. I admire you! I don't know if you know Benji Taylor, but if I remember well, about 2 months ago, he came up with an idea for a magic effect, and he revealed it for free. Turns out another magician came up with it before him, and apparently he didn't know about this (I trust him). He ran into some trouble because of this.

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 11:27:29 PM »

YorbSterling

Hey guys, been playing around and came up with a Double Yorb Change.  What do you guys think? Does it make the move more obvious?  Is worse?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ascMfED8QCA&feature=youtube_gdata

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 11:30:57 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
It's very clean, but also I personally think it's easier to see what happens. Or at least I think so. Does this one also use the same method as the other one? With the tenkai?