You are Here:
dangerous stage stunts

Author (Read 492 times)

dangerous stage stunts
« on: July 09, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
So I know about the bullet catch, but I am wondering if anyone knows of other things I can do on stage that seem more dangerous then they are. I just met someone who does fire eating/breathing and sword swallowing and stuff like that and want to get a few tricks that would work well with that if I do a stage show of it.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

Re: dangerous stage stunts
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 02:27:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
So I know about the bullet catch, but I am wondering if anyone knows of other things I can do on stage that seem more dangerous then they are. I just met someone who does fire eating/breathing and sword swallowing and stuff like that and want to get a few tricks that would work well with that if I do a stage show of it.

Try contacting Tannen's at tannens.com.  They sell not just "portable" tricks, but stage/professional grade stuff as well.  But be prepared to pay for it - A LOT.

And don't think for a moment that the bullet catch is a trick that seems more dangerous than it is.  It really is dangerous, and if you don't believe me, you can try contacting the handful of magicians who tried it and failed - but you'll need an exceptionally good medium...  Very few magicians ever attempt this trick any more, unless they're doing the totally hokey faked version.  The last I know of who actually did it would be David Blaine, and that was a few years back.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: dangerous stage stunts
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 05:38:57 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
yea, I would be really do a lot of checking stuff with the bullet catch before I actually try it. and I will try the site you were saying, as of right now know could not pay much but once i start doing a few more shows i should.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.