[KS] Believe Playing Cards by System 6 Magic
« on: September 05, 2013, 07:32:36 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:33:07 PM by brownmagician »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

Re: [KS] Believe Playing Cards by System 6 Magic
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 10:09:10 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
I dig it.

Sweet patterns, awesome detail, and a back like I've never seen before. Sure the courts faces are "ugly", but I think it gives them character. It's a deck unlike any I've seen.

The one problem I have is that one way lotus on the back. I like one way designs to be hidden and subtle, not smack in the center.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:36:58 PM by MrMollusk »
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 10:13:53 PM »

System6magic

• Newcomer
  • www.system6magic.com
Hey guys!

Thanks for posting! As for the lotus flower, the good thing is that 90% of the time, you cant see the center, BUT we are flexible...so if we get enough people involved on the strictly two way, we will do an update design after a few days. I will have it designed and post it for backers to vote.

Thanks!

Mike

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 10:32:18 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey guys!

Thanks for posting! As for the lotus flower, the good thing is that 90% of the time, you cant see the center, BUT we are flexible...so if we get enough people involved on the strictly two way, we will do an update design after a few days. I will have it designed and post it for backers to vote.

Thanks!

Mike

Hey, Mike, thanks for popping in!  Yes, you'll find many people will prefer the two-way design.  However, you should, if you're adamant about it, stick to your guns if that's a design element you really want.  I think the whole blasted deck is great.

While you're here, drop by the "Introduce Yourself" board and make a new topic, tell the gang more about you.

Cheers,
Don
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 01:32:41 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Congrats on creating quite a solid looking deck. It's unique and very well put together, the art flows nicely. I do think that the two way back would be a bit more to my liking but it's still a great design without it. The ace of hearts reminds me of Majora's Mask from Zelda, which is an added bonus since Zelda is awesome.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 01:34:33 AM by Curt »

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 05:52:21 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
90% of the time, you cant see the center, BUT we are flexible...

and for that reason, I like it.
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 10:31:20 AM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
I just don't want to repeat my IMHO
http://playingcardcollector.net/2013/09/06/believe-playing-cards-by-system6magic/

I am glad that people see it "...very well put together" proceeding from its declared theme ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 12:44:47 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
This deck has reached funding with 11 days to go- right now $10,989 of $10,000 goal

A couple update changes- back is now 2 way, and pips more customized. Before and after below. I kind of like the basic pips better myself
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 02:47:51 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
These cards are fantastic! I really love the cultural influence behind them.
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 04:13:36 AM »

Leif

• Elite Member
These cards are  gorgeous. I do, however, have a few questions to my fellow collectors/designers regarding this deck. It's possible I'm obsessing with details. Details that may not matter to anybody else.
When I looked at their page, http://www.system6magic.com/products/believe-playing-cards-kickstarter
and flipped between the different suits, I saw that two of the pips in the 8 of clubs doesn't line up with the 8 pips in the other suits, most notable when flipping between clubs and spades.
And the heart pips seem smaller than the others, or the clubs seems bigger. Is this obsessive?

To the designer: I'm not trying to be mean or say that you don't know your stuff. I'm just curious, and want to help.

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 12:36:12 AM »

Fred

• Discourse Lover
  • Dis legit binnis
Project funded with $12,369. Here's the latest update:

First, we want to say THANK YOU! Without you, none of this would have been possible!

We will send out the surveys tomorrow. Devonte and I have been working hard already to put everything together and get it done early. We are already in process with USPCC and the card clips are being set up as we speak.

The rest will be done in the next week or two, which means everything may be done sooner then expected.

Thank you all for the support, our next deck should be up on the next week or two.

We may also done some decks off of kickstarter so be sure to join us at http://www.system6magic.com/

Join our email list at the bottom of the page.

If your into magic, we have some new releases. If your into cards, some decks may be released just through us.

Thank you all again, speak this week!

Michael

Emphasis added. Really hope creators would take more time and effort to perfect current decks (and write up updates with proper spelling and grammar..) than to pump out new decks. Though I'll hold my judgment until they launch their new project.

Congratulations to System 6 Magic and all Believe Playing card backers.
Alex, stop fucking with my name you phegget. xx