Author (Read 24505 times)

Re: Bicycle Revision 1 Playing Cards
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2012, 09:17:24 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Hey Everyone, I am terribly sorry for not responding to everyones concerns.  If you still have not received what you ordered could you please resend me an email.  I am so sorry for how poorly I have handeld this whole shipping situation and I am working to try and get it sorted out.  Phantom and Tigerknees I know which orders are yours and I will get them out and send you tracking info.  Vmagic I'm not sure who you are in real life please send me an email and I will get  you taken care of. CBJ,  I sent your order out to you over a month ago.  you contacted me a bit ago about not receiving your cards and I believe I responded in a timely fashion.  Have you still not received your package?  let me know and I will get you taken care of.

Hey bud,

You responded to my e-mail in less than an hour!  but yes... I am still waiting.

Like I said above, it's just frustrating when you see the wholesellers get them before you... then people who buy off of them have them before you...

Anyway, I'll give it another week.. and if I still don't have it by next Tuesday, I'll shoot you an e-mail.

Jay
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2012, 01:40:43 AM »

Dazzleguts

• True Member
I received my Revision 1 early last week and I am in Canada. Some of the individual pledges must be getting sent out. These are well thought out, quality cards worth waiting for.

Being a backer on Kickstarter, or Indiegogo, does require a fair amount of patience. All of the other pledges I have made have taken longer than the pledgee planned, sometimes much longer, but I have never been disappointed in the pledge reward itself.

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2012, 03:17:04 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I received my Revision 1 early last week and I am in Canada. Some of the individual pledges must be getting sent out. These are well thought out, quality cards worth waiting for.

Being a backer on Kickstarter, or Indiegogo, does require a fair amount of patience. All of the other pledges I have made have taken longer than the pledgee planned, sometimes much longer, but I have never been disappointed in the pledge reward itself.

Count yourself lucky.  Indiegogo practically lends itself to abuse by scammers.

As much as it does suck for resellers to get the decks first, you have to look at it from the artist's perspective.  Those people invested the most - often three- or four-figure sums - to see that the deck came to fruition.  Alex mentioned that for Vortex, he was actually LOSING money on the smaller one- and two-deck orders, which is why he's restructuring his shipping and pricing for Harlequin.

Without backers putting up that level of funding, there's a strong chance the deck might never have been made at all.  Any smart businessperson will pamper to the largest (and thus most important) clients first, then work their way down.  If it was possible, they'd love to handle everyone all at once and make everyone happy at the same time, but no one has a workforce that size and stays in business.

I recognize it sucks.  But I accept it, because the alternative would be no deck at all.

There is a better alternative coming soon...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2012, 09:50:30 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Is anyone able to get replies from them? I messaged them 48 hours ago till now no replies. It's F**CKING ridiculous! I think i would actually get my cards earlier if i buy them right now straight from the website.

« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2012, 10:12:24 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Is anyone able to get replies from them? I messaged them 48 hours ago till now no replies. It's F**CKING ridiculous! I think i would actually get my cards earlier if i buy them right now straight from the website.

Russell handles most of the messages on the site, and he's been on vacation - did you see it in his signature?

« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2012, 10:19:33 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran

Russell handles most of the messages on the site, and he's been on vacation - did you see it in his signature?
Alright, my bad for that. But still someone should at least handle the emails for CCC.

« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2012, 10:37:26 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Just to expand on this a little bit, from my personal perspective.

When you produce the deck with USPCC, they have many many gross of them in their warehouse once the deck is done. Several of the resellers are actually within a short drive of the USPCC factory so they can actually just drive over and pick up the decks that they paid for, eliminating the need to ship extra things around. For other resellers, USPCC ships them their decks direct. USPCC then puts the rest on a freight truck and drives them to the designer. Usually, the resellers see the deck before the person that made it!

At that point, the resellers have their decks and many years of structure sending stuff out. The independent designer generally does not. So we have to coordinate the Kickstarter backers lists, the survey results, incorporate any special requests and deal with other outside orders. We have to order rooms full of shipping supplies. Order postage, print labels, make sure each order gets the right thing, sign hundreds of uncut sheets and decks, etc etc etc.

Not to excuse long shipping times, but ordering a deck of cards from the guy that made it is a very different transaction than ordering a book from Amazon. Speaking for myself, I've put in days of effort on working out shipping alone and hope to make that a very efficient process but even then, doing any detailed task 1000+ times is a lot of effort and takes time. My goal is to get everything out, en masse, from 1 deck to 144 decks so that I don't have to worry about it anymore. :)

I'd love to have made my deck, had them in hand and then just sold them but the finances to do that are out of my league, so we all have to deal with some of the unfortunate byproducts of Kickstarters model. I think that things will get better and more efficient as time goes on. I know that my next effort will be far simpler to deal with, because I know the routine. Just like anything in life, the first efforts are the hardest.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2012, 10:50:14 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Truly i understand all the procedures that the creators of a kickstarter project has to go true and i understand them, i even told them to take their time to send out packages but that was months ago. I've seen lots of people receiving their decks and mine weren't even here yet.

« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2012, 11:41:34 PM »

Gareth

• 52 Plus Joker Member

• Kickstarter:
I think most of us understand the difficulties of shipping out the orders, and despite the slow rate, that is not the frustrating bit for myself and I'm sure others who pledged.
  • On Jan 25, Adam posted on Kickstarter that he had the decks.
  • On Feb 23, Adam posted an update on Kickstarter saying that he only had 300 pledges more to post.
  • On Feb 28, Russell posted on UC that there were only 5% of orders left to ship (5% of 1172 = about 59). 
  • A month later, on March 27, Adam posted in the same UC thread to e-mail him if we haven't received our decks
Throughout this thread it appears many of the backers received e-mails when their decks were posted. 

Yet, (in my case) I pledged for a brick, in the first 200 pledges, and have not received an e-mail advising of posting, nor of course the cards.  Adam doesn't bother responding to e-mails about it - or at least not to me in the last 8 days...

Whilst many had niggles over the delays in Brimstone posting, this significantly worse.  None of this is USPCCs fault - Adam received the cards about 2.5 months ago - and it some, possibly many, haven't received a thing other than empty promises.

All I can say, is that the delivery of the Americana decks better be as good as Russell is promising, because otherwise I don't think it will matter how good the designs are, CCC will receive very few KS pledges (and possibly sales) in the future.

« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2012, 12:40:25 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I'm sorry to see that everyone is having such issues with CCC... Although I thought the first two decks were alright, it is the Americana Deck that I am really looking forward to and cannot wait to hold...

The fact that I cannot place an order for them yet I find frustrating... The website said Order in February... then Order in March... March came and went and I still cannot place an order... You'd think the company might want to get the orders in line so that they could ship them out when they get them and not run into these problems again...

Russell has been good about responding to my questions via the forums, but neither he nor his partner has responded to any of my emails over the past few months... 

The cards are great... Russell - Get your team together and go hard... Once you have a bad reputation it is so very hard to rise above it... Just look at Merz - hahaha (just trying to lighten the mood)... Your customer service must match the quality of your cards... You are not monkeys eating bananas and smoking cigars... You come off as a professional company (no bull$#!T, just cards - right?)... I'm sad to see everyone have such issues with your company... Get it together for this last release... Start taking orders and let's get them out quick... Quicker than most of you guys on here last with a woman (Now that's quick)... I believe in you... Ask for the people to give you one last chance and blow them away... Think about some additional decks for those who have been inconvenienced as well... All the best... -J.Rock

« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2012, 04:19:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'll say this, though I in no way speak for CCCC.

Off the bat, their response to emails should be faster, yes.  Russ mentioned being away until the 10th, and he handles most of the emails for CCCC.  This is a holiday weekend leading into a holiday week, so be just a little patient.

They did state they were getting a lot of returned packages because of address errors, did they not?  Is it possible yours was one of them?

Neither Russell nor Adam knew what to expect with their first Kickstarter projects in terms of the logistics.  They thought they did, but they didn't.  Now they do - which is why Americana is being distributed by a fulfillment company that specializes in these kinds of logistics.  I'm sure that if this goes smoothly, which is why these companies exist in the first place, that they'll use them for future releases as well.  So yes, there were and are hiccups with Brimstone and Revision 1, but that should be the end of that heading forward.

If you haven't gotten through to Adam, leave Russ an email - and wait for his reply sometime in the middle of next week.

« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2012, 02:20:30 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Still no decks! >:( What's happening here?!? as asked i wait patiently till 10th april for one of the CCC members to reply and yet till now i got no replies. I'm really gonna see this as a scam. Can someone give me a valid reason?

« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2012, 02:44:37 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I'm sure they are not scammers, but they lack of communication with customers.
I haven't get the decks too. No reply from emails too.

« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2012, 02:46:36 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
I'm sure they are not scammers, but they lack of communication with customers.
I haven't get the decks too. No reply from emails too.
Not a scammer in a whole, but to me they are scammers cause I didn't receive my decks. They have the worst customer service i've ever seen in my entire life.

« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2012, 03:50:11 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hey Everyone, I am terribly sorry for not responding to everyones concerns.  If you still have not received what you ordered could you please resend me an email.  I am so sorry for how poorly I have handeld this whole shipping situation and I am working to try and get it sorted out.  Phantom and Tigerknees I know which orders are yours and I will get them out and send you tracking info.  Vmagic I'm not sure who you are in real life please send me an email and I will get  you taken care of. CBJ,  I sent your order out to you over a month ago.  you contacted me a bit ago about not receiving your cards and I believe I responded in a timely fashion.  Have you still not received your package?  let me know and I will get you taken care of.

Actually, I have a problem that's the polar opposite.  You sent me two extra decks last week that I didn't order!

« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2012, 06:39:11 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I'm actually starting to get annoyed now too. I've sat patiently watching resellers and youtube reviewers getting their decks, all the time thinking i'll get mine soon... It won't be long now..... etc

Well... Still no decks.

I emailed Russell on the 11th april and he said he'd forward the email to Adam and that I'd hear from him later that day or the next....

No contact from Adam.

I again sent a brief note to Russell on the 16th saying that I still hadn't heard from Adam and as of today, the 19th I've had no reply from Russell.

To be honest it's getting ridiculous.

I think I'll buy from resellers in  the future
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2012, 12:54:53 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Yea dude it is ridiculous. People from buying the website directly got their cards and people who made the kickstarter possible didnt receive any cards. Did they like ran out of cards?
 BRING THIS AWARENESS NEVER SUPPORT ADAM FROM NOW ON!

« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2012, 01:12:59 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
You guys, I honestly recommend you read this thread before getting mad anymore:
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=1590.20

« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2012, 01:32:56 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
what does vortex has to do with rev 1?

« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
what does vortex has to do with rev 1?
It's the same problem people had with both decks: resellers getting their decks weeks if not months before regular backers.

« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2012, 05:27:16 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Just to expand on this a little bit, from my personal perspective.

When you produce the deck with USPCC, they have many many gross of them in their warehouse once the deck is done. Several of the resellers are actually within a short drive of the USPCC factory so they can actually just drive over and pick up the decks that they paid for, eliminating the need to ship extra things around. For other resellers, USPCC ships them their decks direct. USPCC then puts the rest on a freight truck and drives them to the designer. Usually, the resellers see the deck before the person that made it!

At that point, the resellers have their decks and many years of structure sending stuff out. The independent designer generally does not. So we have to coordinate the Kickstarter backers lists, the survey results, incorporate any special requests and deal with other outside orders. We have to order rooms full of shipping supplies. Order postage, print labels, make sure each order gets the right thing, sign hundreds of uncut sheets and decks, etc etc etc.

Not to excuse long shipping times, but ordering a deck of cards from the guy that made it is a very different transaction than ordering a book from Amazon. Speaking for myself, I've put in days of effort on working out shipping alone and hope to make that a very efficient process but even then, doing any detailed task 1000+ times is a lot of effort and takes time. My goal is to get everything out, en masse, from 1 deck to 144 decks so that I don't have to worry about it anymore. :)

I'd love to have made my deck, had them in hand and then just sold them but the finances to do that are out of my league, so we all have to deal with some of the unfortunate byproducts of Kickstarters model. I think that things will get better and more efficient as time goes on. I know that my next effort will be far simpler to deal with, because I know the routine. Just like anything in life, the first efforts are the hardest.
Are you Outsourcing shipping Paul?

I think Outsourcing the shipping is the only way to make every backer happy.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2012, 06:51:09 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member

Dude, can you stop posting your "wisdom" about buying playing cards??

When you are going to pay yourself for them, maybe you would see a difference...and not be so lenient on some practices in the custom cards area.

And BTW, CCC sucks at  customer service...I will never buy any deck made by them...Brimstone( a really nice deck ) was enough for me!!!

Another thing, they are a whole lighter blue than on the Kickstarter page, so
they kinda sucks!!!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:58:50 PM by JimmyJohns »

« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2012, 07:46:00 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

When you are going to pay yourself for them, maybe you would see a difference...and not be so lenient on some practices in the custom cards area.

And BTW, CCC sucks at  customer service...I will never buy any deck made by them...Brimstone( a really nice deck ) was enough for me!!!

they kinda sucks!!!

First of all I'm not using my wisdom, I'm just trying to help out.
Secondly, I do pay for my own decks. I spend hours gaining 5$/hour babysitting 3 kids ages 1, 3 and 6. I also weed people's gardens and do other small jobs. I am not lenient on some practices in the playing card area, all I'm saying is that it's tough for a company run by 1 or 2 people to take care of 1000+ orders. And it seems natural that if you pay more you get your order quicker. Doesn't it? Now I don't want to get into a full-scale argument about this. Sure, they don't have a good customer service, but they are doing as much as they can and it's no reason to insult them because of this.

« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2012, 08:11:41 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member

they kinda sucks!!!

First of all I'm not using my wisdom, I'm just trying to help out.
Secondly, I do pay for my own decks. I spend hours gaining 5$/hour babysitting 3 kids ages 1, 3 and 6. I also weed people's gardens and do other small jobs. I am not lenient on some practices in the playing card area, all I'm saying is that it's tough for a company run by 1 or 2 people to take care of 1000+ orders. And it seems natural that if you pay more you get your order quicker. Doesn't it? Now I don't want to get into a full-scale argument about this. Sure, they don't have a good customer service, but they are doing as much as they can and it's no reason to insult them because of this.

It is NO excuse, you do a business, you need to deliver in a reasonable amount of time!( the best would be fast ).

Not having communication for a month or so, sucks!

The guys at CCC really need to up their customer service skills!

Another thing, Brimstone was supposed to be a 2500 run, but they print 5000, and the uncut sheets were "sold out" at the Kickstarter ending...but still they are for sale for sale on their website!

Hard to trust this guys!!!!

You can have cool decks but if you don't respect your customer, then I'll pass!!!!

@Nathan: can you pleeeease stop posting bullshit!!!

Thanks JJ.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:20:14 PM by JimmyJohns »

« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2012, 08:59:01 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
@Nathan: can you pleeeease stop posting bullshit!!!

Hmm... this in a post that was basically an empty, repetitive rant that contained 17 exclamation marks.  Classy.

Yeah, I'm getting a bit annoyed at how long this is taking but it's not like I'm waiting at the door every morning.  When they come, they come.