You are Here:
Bicycle Revision 1 Playing Cards

Author (Read 24472 times)

Bicycle Revision 1 Playing Cards
« on: December 02, 2011, 07:26:47 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
So I searched on here and couldn't find any threads about this deck. So I figured I'd start one. The deck looks like it's moving along according to the latest update on the kickstarter page...

"Hey everyone, I'm going to begin sending out the surveys within the next couple days, Yes that means we are getting very close! The USPCC says 'they are almost done with the printing process' so this is very good news indeed.

Thanks for everyones patience.

Adam"

So I figured we could use this thread to discuss the updates and then talk about the deck itself and whatnot when it finally has been shipped to all of us!!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:41:38 PM by CBJ »
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

Re: Revision 1 Playing Cards
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 07:36:18 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I ordered 5 of them. My brother (who thinks collecting cards is stupid) even decided to order one!
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 07:37:51 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I ordered 5 of them. My brother (who thinks collecting cards is stupid) even decided to order one!

Thats awesome!! They are some pretty cool looking cards! I ordered about that many too. I'm super excited for them, it's been a while.

Did you get any of the Americanas?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:38:16 PM by brown_baggs »

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 07:38:36 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got 2 and my dad got 1. He's an architect so he loved the deck. I can't wait to receive them! They're amazing looking and just have an awesome design!

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 07:42:08 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

Thats awesome!! They are some pretty cool looking cards! I ordered about that many too. I'm super excited for them, it's been a while.

Did you get any of the Americanas?

Sadly no. I LOVE the Americanas! I love the court cards! I love the theme!

If I had the money, I would've in a heartbeat, but sadly I couldn't.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

Re: Bicycle Revision 1 Playing Cards
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 07:45:21 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I hear ya. With all the cards coming out recently I've had to be picky with what cards to buy.

It's exciting to know that I have these cards coming soon that I paid for a while ago! The Circle City Cards decks have been nice and I think the Revision deck is my favorite of the three so far (but who knows what they have coming in January).

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 07:47:23 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I hear ya. With all the cards coming out recently I've had to be picky with what cards to buy.

It's exciting to know that I have these cards coming soon that I paid for a while ago! The Circle City Cards decks have been nice and I think the Revision deck is my favorite of the three so far (but who knows what they have coming in January).

I can't wait 'till January!

I will probably just get the Americanas off of eBay or wherever I can get them the cheapest.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 07:50:08 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Changing the world one person at a time!
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 08:22:53 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I ordered a couple through the website but I have no idea if I even paid for them so I guess we'll see soon enough.  Love the design.

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 08:24:17 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I ordered a couple through the website but I have no idea if I even paid for them so I guess we'll see soon enough.  Love the design.

Yeah from what I've read on these forums the website can be tricky and the shipping can be delayed, but they may have fixed that up.

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 08:33:19 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I had mixed feelings about the deck. Last I checked I think the font used on the tuck case was Comic Sans. Other than that, I love the theme of it.

The Ace of Spades is where Adam excelled the most.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 08:34:19 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I had mixed feelings about the deck. Last I checked I think the font used on the tuck case was Comic Sans. Other than that, I love the theme of it.

Did you order any?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 08:35:21 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

Did you order any?

Nope, his Kickstarter was up during the time period I was trying to cut down on collecting.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 08:36:34 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Did you order any?

Nope, his Kickstarter was up during the time period I was trying to cut down on collecting.
I think they're still available on their website. So if you want, you can still pick some up!  ;)

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 08:59:48 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah the ace is really nice looking. The red on the cards was a little harsh, contrast wise, but overall I really liked the deck from the photos.

What do you think of the deck overall Alex?

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 10:49:09 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Overall it's pretty cool. I'd enjoy one or two for the collection.

@Evan: Nope, still cutting back on what I buy. I might pick up some Americanas though!
Forum Founder.

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 11:56:10 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I have 6 of these pledged...I will probably be selling a couple. Just throwing that out there. 8)
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 04:53:18 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
I have 6 of these pledged...I will probably be selling a couple. Just throwing that out there. 8)
have you receive the deck btw how much are you selling for i wanted to buy lol i did not mange to pledge for these deck

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 04:57:43 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
have you receive the deck btw how much are you selling for i wanted to buy lol i did not mange to pledge for these deck

The decks are in the final stages of the printing process, so nobody has them yet. We mentioned that in the thread.  The decks were going for $5 dollars on Kickstarter so I would expect anything from $5-10 dollars right of the bat. Later down the line you'll see the price increase, but that won't be for a long while

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 12:59:21 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
You can buy them from their website still
http://www.circlecitycards.com/order.php

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2011, 01:19:07 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
nah i dun hope to order from there web i guess the shipping might be quite high i just wait to ace king or bmpoker to sell them

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, 12:57:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
You have no way of knowing what the shipping will be until you try to order, regardless of the source.  You'd probably get a ballpark figure of cost when ordering from CCCC by checking what was being charged in the Kickstarter to international backers.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Adam writes:

"
Delay after delay after delay after..... This project has had so many delays and I can't express my gratitude enough for all the patience that all of you have shown throughout this process.
I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday break.  I'm sure the United States postal service did as after 2 week the final check made it the 109 miles to Bicycle and was cashed (it would have been faster just to drive it over there)  So even as we speak the wonderful people at bicycle are preparing to ship the cards to me.  Now we're not out of the woods yet...  The cards still need to make it to my door step and according to Murphy's law they should all spontaneously combust during transit.... I hope not...
A few things to remember:
  • The cards are not in my possession yet. in fact they have not even been shipped yet.
  • I am only one man and I have never done this before so it may take me a bit to get all of the orders out,  keep this in mind.  Though I will be enlisting the help of friends and family I don't know exactly what to expect.
  • Some of you did not receive surveys.... I'm working on that now.
  • Please fill out all surveys by Monday of next week to prevent any further delays.
  • Thank you all so much!
Again thank you all so very much. I can tell you how much I look forward to getting these cards in all of your hands.
Adam Clarkson"

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 06:09:00 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
My full support goes to Adam in his endeavor. The USPCC does delays/problems like it does weekends: every week. The USPS has its own slew of issues, and of course shipping out a thousand orders is by no means an easy task. Impossible would be an understatement.

I hope people are forgiving of these sorts of things because it's ridiculous to expect a one-man team (or a two-person team over here at Aether) to perform on the level of Ellusionist or Theory11, who have sway with USPCC (especially T11) and their own warehouses to do shipping.

In fact, I was talking to Marcus over at Ellusionist, and we had a conversation about how just small E really is. It's a lot smaller than you guys think, and when it comes to things like filling out support tickets or managing all their social media, it's an extremely difficult task. That's Ellusionist for you. Now scale that down to just one person and suddenly a delay isn't all that unforeseeable.

The card community is a small one, and I hope the customers decide to treat the businesses as people rather than conglomerates like Amazon. It goes without saying that 99% of the card community is absolutely amazing, but I have had some misfits causing issues for me just a few days after the Vortex Kickstarter ended, acting like I was scamming them out of money. I attribute their attitude to ignorance, and it's why I try to get as many people as possible on this discussion board. By posting and reading here, you can learn so much about how things work in the industry and it gives you a huge new perspective. That's true even for me. I learn something new every day on here.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »

Masque

• True Member
Art moves slowly, sometimes.  I'm just glad people are patient with me as I learn how to use these card-things….

I figure I can be patient with those who make them.

Kickstarter is about making dreams and ideas into reality.  It's about bringing real production options to the masses.  It's not a good replacement for the convenience store, and if you need cards RIGHT NOW there's always a pack of bikes for $3 down the road….

Me, I'll wait.