You are Here:
Curator Deck - 2nd Print?

Author (Read 6668 times)

Re: Curator Deck - 2nd Print?
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 09:01:16 AM »

yoel

• Forum Regular
The Snow Owls might be a bad example for resale value.   In no way did I mean to insinuate that they have ulterior motives.
I do agree that a server side error is a possible cause.  I think if its sold out not to be sold again it should not be listed with the for sale items.  Who am I to say how they run their operation though.  Just to compare. What if all the cell phone stores started keeping all the advertisements up for the old models that were out long ago not to be for sale again.. Just to be fair Im an equal opportunity hater.. Its not only hopc or tbc its all of them. I think if its never to be sold again take it off the menu.

Even that cellphone carrier example is a poor example.  Cellphone go out of date faster than white bread these days - there'd be no point in keeping the old tech around unless you were practically or actually giving it away with new contracts (or you were making a museum in your store).  Playing cards don't really go out of date - the basic design has been the same for around six centuries, give or take.

Now, consider this - the Snow Owls are sold out for retail purposes, BUT they still have some for the purposes of contest prizes and premium giveaways.  Which is exactly what Ellusionist does - decks like Red Artifice and Sultan Republic Treasury Edition can no longer be bought, and decks like Gold Arcane never could be bought, but they still have them for contests and "buy X, get a free deck" promotions.  Then it does make sense to keep it listed in your inventory - you're building up an anticipation factor for the next time the deck is offered in some way.  Mixing it with the "for sale" items gets them in people's faces more, as opposed to relegating them to a "rewards/prizes" page that most people won't be browsing on a regular basis.

Correct cell phones go out of date.. The way I look at it if it is cards that are out of print are just as good as an out of date cell phone.  Maybe not in every aspect of the comparison because Cards don't go out of date to the point where you cat use them.  Im gonna lay off this because my opinion is not gonna change.  I come from a big business background.  Little discrepancies in advertising and updated and accurate information in my websites is what I look for to ensure all is well.  I can somehow agree with the promotional/giveaway idea.  Again I believe that if its not for sale get it off.  If its for informational purpose stick it on an info page.. With dates and info of when the decks came out.  So people interested in collecting can have a reference point from the source.