• Twitter:

Re: Gold Monarch Uncut Sheet!?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 02:42:06 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Holy crap that is sick.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 04:31:50 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Didn't Theory11 say that it was all destroyed except the 144 decks that are in circulation?
Whoever has that is super lucky.
Someone should screen shot that ebay listing just in case it is taken down.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 06:40:00 AM »

redtank151

• True Member
  • Something Funny here

• YouTube:
Only 1 exists, how did anyone get their hands on that in the first place? WOW! That is ridiculous.
Something even more funny here

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 09:14:23 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
pfft.. only 1 exists... BS.

They might not have released them to the public but I guarantee they had at least 25 made up.  I doubt they destroyed all but 1.

Really think about it before you believe anything any company says.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 12:29:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
pfft.. only 1 exists... BS.

They might not have released them to the public but I guarantee they had at least 25 made up.  I doubt they destroyed all but 1.

Really think about it before you believe anything any company says.

I agree.  It MIGHT be the only one in release, but there's no way it's the only one made.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 03:08:27 PM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:
I do think the uncut sheet is cool and the gold monarch is definitely one of the coolest cards ever.

To add on though, I still think the folks at theory11 who decided to make the gold ones artificially limited by destroying the other gold ones was very foolish. I would like to know what the big error was in the print run because although the monarchs have an intricate design, it is not as complex the rider back decks. The USPCC proven they can print complicated designs with gold ink with the Bicycle New Era deck.

And then theory11 had the nerve to have that pre-release making everyone assume the people who waited a couple of weeks will get the same deck but in reality, GG. Now the intended standard monarchs are limited and now the majority of us are stuck with a sub-standard deck with a semi-standard design.

I know this thread is about the uncut sheet but anything Gold Monarchs makes me mad and I had to vent this subject for the extreme rage every time I think of gold monarchs.

I do like the mass marketed monarchs of course for only its handling, its just that it's a shame that the intended cooler looking monarchs were wiped out for no real logical explanation.

www.youtube.com/deckreview
The simplist card reviews on youtube

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 04:08:43 PM »

authorXD

There is no way that they'd make 1. Even BlueTune make at least 20.

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 04:55:10 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
How would this even get to someone who would sell it? I doubt T11 people would sell it.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »

vmagic

I do think the uncut sheet is cool and the gold monarch is definitely one of the coolest cards ever.

To add on though, I still think the folks at theory11 who decided to make the gold ones artificially limited by destroying the other gold ones was very foolish. I would like to know what the big error was in the print run because although the monarchs have an intricate design, it is not as complex the rider back decks. The USPCC proven they can print complicated designs with gold ink with the Bicycle New Era deck.

And then theory11 had the nerve to have that pre-release making everyone assume the people who waited a couple of weeks will get the same deck but in reality, GG. Now the intended standard monarchs are limited and now the majority of us are stuck with a sub-standard deck with a semi-standard design.

I know this thread is about the uncut sheet but anything Gold Monarchs makes me mad and I had to vent this subject for the extreme rage every time I think of gold monarchs.

I do like the mass marketed monarchs of course for only its handling, its just that it's a shame that the intended cooler looking monarchs were wiped out for no real logical explanation.

I felt the same way about the whole thing. I didn't get any at the prerelease because I decided I would wait til later on plus I was at work at the time and I also forgot, but either way I think they screwed us all over.

EDIT - I sent a message to that seller on Ebay and he refuses to disclose how he got that uncut sheet. Seems pretty shady to me.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:15:40 PM by vmagic »

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 06:28:33 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
The uncut sheet does look very intricate. Is someone on here willing to contact theory11 to ensure it's legit? What surprises me even more is that no has bid on this sheet yet. If my logic serves right (and I'm pretty sure it does), the gold Monarchs go for over $200 and uncut sheets are a lot more scarce, thus making the price of the uncut more than of the deck, which equals a lot of money.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 07:16:23 PM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I think lots of people do have suspicions. And they're legit. I really wonder how he got these. Only the highest bidder will maybe be able to get an answer from him...

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 07:28:07 PM »

Atheosile

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
You could always contact the seller before you bid with questions...I also have my own suspicions...I also put this on Theory11's wall but nothing has been said about it yet...I am very interested to see what comes of this..

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 02:33:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I felt the same way about the whole thing. I didn't get any at the prerelease because I decided I would wait til later on plus I was at work at the time and I also forgot, but either way I think they screwed us all over.

EDIT - I sent a message to that seller on Ebay and he refuses to disclose how he got that uncut sheet. Seems pretty shady to me.

There was a reason - whether you consider it a legitimate reason is another matter altogether.

Theory11 stated that they wanted to do this deck in a way that looked impressive - and they thought a black back with a white border and metallic-gold detail work would look totally great.  As it turned out, though, the line work they used the gold ink on was so thin that they thought it was rather lackluster and disappointing.  Rather than risk what they felt would be customer disappointment for a deck that they'd hyped as the second coming of Jesus, Mohammed and Buddha all rolled into one, they felt the best course of action would be to destroy the print run, other than the one gross of decks they'd already received from USPC, and start from scratch with a color choice that would look better - dark blue with white line work.

From what I've heard from the few people who've actually opened a deck, the Gold Monarchs actually were disappointing when compared to the modified-and-current version of Monarchs.  The gold was just too fine and lost in a sea of black, hardly noticeable and not very impressive.

Now, since that's out of the way, let's stick to this topic if that's OK with you guys...  If you want to bring up more about this, go to another topic - this might work nicely:
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=762

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 02:41:44 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I contacted T11 when I first saw this to see if it is legit, no response yet. And now its the weekend so it could be awile.

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 10:48:21 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I contacted T11 when I first saw this to see if it is legit, no response yet. And now its the weekend so it could be awile.
I have no doubt that it is real...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 01:18:33 PM by Evan »

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 12:12:52 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I have no doubt that it isn't real...

No doubt that it ISN'T real?  So you're convinced it's a bogus offer?  That photo of it rolled open on the carpet looks pretty convincing.  What makes you think with such conviction that it's a bogus offer?

(Not trying to be a smartass or bust chops, just want to know.  Call me Devil's Advocate!)

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 01:19:02 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I have no doubt that it isn't real...

No doubt that it ISN'T real?  So you're convinced it's a bogus offer?  That photo of it rolled open on the carpet looks pretty convincing.  What makes you think with such conviction that it's a bogus offer?

(Not trying to be a smartass or bust chops, just want to know.  Call me Devil's Advocate!)
Typo!!!! Chill....

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 04:45:21 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
And it's gone.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 05:18:38 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
It is possible it was faked, not likely though. But it could be another USPCC employee stealing uncut sheets.

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 05:28:54 PM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:

There was a reason - whether you consider it a legitimate reason is another matter altogether.

Theory11 stated that they wanted to do this deck in a way that looked impressive - and they thought a black back with a white border and metallic-gold detail work would look totally great.  As it turned out, though, the line work they used the gold ink on was so thin that they thought it was rather lackluster and disappointing.  Rather than risk what they felt would be customer disappointment for a deck that they'd hyped as the second coming of Jesus, Mohammed and Buddha all rolled into one, they felt the best course of action would be to destroy the print run, other than the one gross of decks they'd already received from USPC, and start from scratch with a color choice that would look better - dark blue with white line work.

From what I've heard from the few people who've actually opened a deck, the Gold Monarchs actually were disappointing when compared to the modified-and-current version of Monarchs.  The gold was just too fine and lost in a sea of black, hardly noticeable and not very impressive.

Now, since that's out of the way, let's stick to this topic if that's OK with you guys...  If you want to bring up more about this, go to another topic - this might work nicely:
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=762

Well I have a gold one opened and all because I dished out the dough and in my opinion, the gold ones are the superior one in terms of looks. The giant fans still meh but the cards still looks nice. Opinions are opinions though
www.youtube.com/deckreview
The simplist card reviews on youtube

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 07:38:53 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The listing was ended by the seller.

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
It is possible it was faked, not likely though. But it could be another USPCC employee stealing uncut sheets.

Ah! I remember him/her. That was a long time ago! Care to revert me to the forum topic (if there is one) of his mischievous deeds. Time to rejog the old memory

The listing was ended by the seller.

LOL! - I guess none of us will ever know if this uncut was truly a fake. Some say a picture is worth a thousand words, but even a thousand words might not convince someone whether that object pictured is legit, or just a copycat. :D
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 08:50:02 AM »

Gilby76

• Newcomer

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 12:14:39 PM »

Phegget

Gold Monarch exist actually ^^
this is mine
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200693611211909&l=dd401fa603

Impressive. But did you know that nail clippers exist too? :s

On topic: Would you be so kind to share with us how you obtained it?
uwotm8.