Ellusionist Seasons Decks
« on: July 13, 2012, 10:06:06 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
From Ellusionist:

"A special incredibly gorgeous version of Alex Chin's Seasons.  Coming"

They also had a photo in the email (looks exactly the same), but I cannot show the photo because I'm on my iPhone. Feel free to post it please.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:14:23 AM by Don Boyer »
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

Re: Ellusionist Season's Decks
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:09:30 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
*Cough* Thread already *cough*

thanks for bringing us info though.  ;) you probably never saw it because it is in STISO board accidently by EVan
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:12:36 PM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 10:12:37 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Haha, sorry, I didn't see a thread for this (or are you talking about the Season's Decks in General?).

I'm guessing that this will be the "fixed version" of the deck.

Mods feel free to move/ merge this.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:14:04 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Haha, sorry, I didn't see a thread for this (or are you talking about the Season's Decks in General?).

I'm guessing that this will be the "fixed version" of the deck.

Mods feel free to move/ merge this.
Ya fixed or maybe one of the other 2 editions.

I think if E releases it it will be a little different.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 10:19:08 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
The decks pictured are Seronda and Primavera.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
To me they look similar, but definatly not the same.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 12:22:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
First of all, this topic can stand on its own, since it's only covering one thing - a new deck release - while the other topic covers many different releases all around the corner from Ellusionist.

Second of all, who here remembers that Alex Chin said himself shortly after the Seasons sell-out that there would be a second version of that deck pair?  Ellusionist wanted to make the deck from the beginning but by the time they got wind of it, Alex had already found another business partner to work with.

Alex stated that the second printing would be a simpler version - same cards (probably with corrections made), slightly stripped-down versions of the box.  This is probably that deck - and E might not have opted for the downgrade, choosing either to maintain the quality level or exceed it...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 12:28:36 AM »

anhedonia

"A couple of changes will be made to ensure they can be held separate from our version one sets. First off we have fixed the jack of diamonds on the Primavera deck and have made sure both decks are now error-free.  We will be changing the signature at the bottom of the tuck box to our Seasons Playing Cards logo.  The last change is that we will be replacing the gold metallic ink with a very striking platinum metallic ink.  The difference in platinum and silver should be the mirror-shine that they’ll hold. These decks and tuck boxes will be printed with the exact same precision, expertise, and quality as the version one sets."

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 12:43:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
"A couple of changes will be made to ensure they can be held separate from our version one sets. First off we have fixed the jack of diamonds on the Primavera deck and have made sure both decks are now error-free.  We will be changing the signature at the bottom of the tuck box to our Seasons Playing Cards logo.  The last change is that we will be replacing the gold metallic ink with a very striking platinum metallic ink.  The difference in platinum and silver should be the mirror-shine that they’ll hold. These decks and tuck boxes will be printed with the exact same precision, expertise, and quality as the version one sets."

Where'd you score the info from?  Who are you quoting?

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 12:47:44 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Go look at the pictues of the new E deck in the SITSO board (that is the thread I am talking about not the one covering all coming up things) and if you think that looks the same you need some glasses ;)

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 01:34:18 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Is there anything wrong with the Jack of diamonds?
I compared both version and I couldn't find it.

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 02:13:12 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Go look at the pictues of the new E deck in the SITSO board (that is the thread I am talking about not the one covering all coming up things) and if you think that looks the same you need some glasses ;)

I had to do a little poking around to figure out what the hell you were talking about.  The decks (PLURAL, as in MORE THAN ONE) you see in those photos are NOT the Seasons decks.  They're two totally separate projects.  E has a LOT of playing card stuff on the horizon.  So go to the other topic to talk about them - this is for the Seasons re-release.

http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=2834.0

Is there anything wrong with the Jack of diamonds?
I compared both version and I couldn't find it.

All of the face cards have this fine gray background that's darkest near the "body" and fades to lighter and lighter shades until it vanishes into the white.  On the Jack of Diamonds in the Primavera deck, the fade was overlooked before the deck went into production, and you can see how the gray just suddenly stops instead of gradually fading out to white.  It's a tiny but noticeable detail that Alex Chin was unhappy about.  There was also issues regarding the borders on the backs of both decks - the black one is where he wanted it to be, but where USPC DIDN'T want it to be because of how difficult it would be to cut with both consistency and accuracy, while the white deck has a slightly thicker border.  It, too, was overlooked in production.

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 01:13:01 PM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member
Does anyone know if this will be a small print run like before, or a bigger one that should be in stock for a while?

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 01:57:18 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I am confused... is this thread for this deck?

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 01:59:34 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

No, it's about Ellusionist printing a version of the Season's deck.

Keep reading the email you got those pics from ;)
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 02:06:21 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

No, it's about Ellusionist printing a version of the Season's deck.

Keep reading the email you got those pics from ;)
I understand now. The email was a bit confusing.

Does anyone else find it odd that Ellusionist would release the same deck that was released not too long ago by Seasons with just a few minor changes? It just doesn't seem like them. The pic of the seasons decks that was posted in the email is the same Seasons decks that we all have. Maybe E is releasing the next deck in the seasons series (a new design)

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 12:34:19 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Does anyone else find it odd that Ellusionist would release the same deck that was released not too long ago by Seasons with just a few minor changes? It just doesn't seem like them. The pic of the seasons decks that was posted in the email is the same Seasons decks that we all have. Maybe E is releasing the next deck in the seasons series (a new design)

Not at all, especially after speaking with Alex Chin the night the Seasons deck went up for sale.

It's not that huge a mystery.  Ellusionist WANTED to do the Seasons deck all along but Alex was committed to doing it with another partner.  I'm assuming that relationship has been dissolved now, allowing Alex to work with Ellusionist.

Because of the issues that arose with that release and the fact that his cards, while gorgeous, weren't "perfect", he stated practically the same day Seasons was for sale that he'd be making a new print run of them, but with simpler features (largely concerning the tuck box) to cut costs.  Now all that was said BEFORE his new business relationship with Ellusionist, so it's very possible that E will do the "stripped down" run, or something even better - but this will be, in all likelihood, the second print run that Alex was referring to.

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 12:38:04 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I am thinking that it would be more likely that these would be reprints, becuase I cant see Alex/Ellusionist releasing new versions and then reprinting the first decks after.

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 01:18:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I am thinking that it would be more likely that these would be reprints, becuase I cant see Alex/Ellusionist releasing new versions and then reprinting the first decks after.

That email from Brad Christian seemed to indicate that their version was going to be something special, so I'm thinking it won't be the stripped-down version that Alex first mentioned - this INSTEAD of that.  To which I say, "Cool beans!"

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 01:33:06 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

That email from Brad Christian seemed to indicate that their version was going to be something special, so I'm thinking it won't be the stripped-down version that Alex first mentioned - this INSTEAD of that.  To which I say, "Cool beans!"
That is what I was meaning I didnt word it very good. I think it will be Primavera and Seronda the V2 Alex talked about.

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 01:29:25 AM »

IAmTheChin

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Hi guys,

As always there always seems to be a bit of misinformation as it goes down the grape vine lol. Seasons Playing Cards is proud to be the only company Ellusionist has partnered with in card design. The quote is not actually from Brad but rather from our wholesaler list.

While we don't want to release too much information what we can say is that SPC will be launching sets in full next season with perfect graphics in new edition format. Regarding the partnership with E, we've created a very unique 1-deck edition for them.

Anything else is just dust in the wind haha. I know you guys may be anxious but take your time and we'll be sure to keep you guys in the loop as more information comes.  Good things take time. Just because we're not talking doesn't mean we're not here :)

Thanks,
Alex
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:30:02 AM by IAmTheChin »
SEASONS Playing Cards - Changing Design

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 02:29:11 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hi guys,

As always there always seems to be a bit of misinformation as it goes down the grape vine lol. Seasons Playing Cards is proud to be the only company Ellusionist has partnered with in card design. The quote is not actually from Brad but rather from our wholesaler list.

While we don't want to release too much information what we can say is that SPC will be launching sets in full next season with perfect graphics in new edition format. Regarding the partnership with E, we've created a very unique 1-deck edition for them.

Anything else is just dust in the wind haha. I know you guys may be anxious but take your time and we'll be sure to keep you guys in the loop as more information comes.  Good things take time. Just because we're not talking doesn't mean we're not here :)

Thanks,
Alex

Alex, we appreciate the information!  Please give us a shout when you have more to tell, like release dates, what's available, etc.  Sneak peeks at new decks are always welcome, of course!

Re: Ellusionist Seasons Decks
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 02:19:17 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Thanks for the info, Alex!
Is the deck with Ellusionist, a new design?

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 10:45:46 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
So, Alex, E, or anyone else, do you have any news regarding the reprints? Release date, more details, info... Anything?

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 02:07:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So, Alex, E, or anyone else, do you have any news regarding the reprints? Release date, more details, info... Anything?

Since they haven't answered in here for over three weeks, I'd say the answer is "no."

Alex Chin is good about popping in to promote his goods when the time comes.  Not a lot of companies give out a lot of early info, it would seem, beyond the title - some don't even give a release date.  If I was betting on this, I'd say they're aiming more for a holiday season release, so we might not hear anything concrete for a couple of months yet.