LTD promo at Ellusionist

Author (Read 7330 times)

Re: LTD sale at Ellusionist??
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 01:09:11 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Here's what they said:
"Wrong company guys. We've got nothing to do with HOPC.
-Jake"
So I assumed that they meant that this release had nothing to do with TBC but by "Wrong company" they meant it was a partnership with another company, just not TBC. Idk. I am probably jumping to conclusions.

Holy freakin' crap!  How could you guys have missed what I was saying?

I was hinting that the fact that both promotions are occurring on the same day indicates that they're competing for each other's customers, whether they wanted to or not!  There was no implication of E or TBC teaming with ANYONE else.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2012, 03:48:47 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
"Starting with our double DVD release this Tuesday at 1PM PST / 4PM EST, we will leave the very last of the LTD decks up for grabs. 72 hours. Less than 1,000 decks. Purchase any two DVDs over $24,95 each, and get an LTD deck. Get prepared, offer ends when either the decks are gone or the time is up.

Tuesday 1PM PST / 4PM EST. 72 hours. LTD." - Ellusionist

That pisses me off because one of the reasons I even got an LTD deck was because they said it would only be available during that holiday time!

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2012, 04:16:43 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
"Starting with our double DVD release this Tuesday at 1PM PST / 4PM EST, we will leave the very last of the LTD decks up for grabs. 72 hours. Less than 1,000 decks. Purchase any two DVDs over $24,95 each, and get an LTD deck. Get prepared, offer ends when either the decks are gone or the time is up.

Tuesday 1PM PST / 4PM EST. 72 hours. LTD." - Ellusionist

That pisses me off because one of the reasons I even got an LTD deck was because they said it would only be available during that holiday time!

That pisses me off because I can't replenish my supply of Emerald Artifices and have it count toward an LTD.

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2012, 08:14:12 PM »

vmagic

Great server crash coming! Oh well, they don't even have any dvds I want and i'll be in class at the time so I guess i'll pass and save myself the hassle.

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2012, 10:52:34 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Great server crash coming! Oh well, they don't even have any dvds I want and i'll be in class at the time so I guess i'll pass and save myself the hassle.

True Dat! - I wonder a) how faster these will go - b) what DVD's they are releasing
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2012, 12:26:22 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I doubt there will be a server crash, they will be prepared this time. And I hope these last for at least a few hours so I can get them when I am done school.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2012, 01:12:43 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I am thinking these will be multi-trick DVDs so they can boost sales even more. This sale is pretty cool but I wish it also included decks... ::)

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 04:44:48 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
"No Switches. No Duplicates. No Get Ready. Predict Anything.

Blackmail by Bobby Motta and Peter McKinnon

Get It Now - http://ellusionist.com/blackmail-by-bobby-motta-and-peter-mckinnon.html

LIMITED TIME! BUY ANY 2 DVDS OVER $24.95 AND RECEIVE A FREE LTD DECK - ONLY WHILE STOCKS LAST"
http://www.ellusionist.com/blackmail-by-bobby-motta-and-peter-mckinnon.html
Good luck! I will be skipping on this.

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 06:56:06 PM »

vmagic

Well I got myself another LTD deck!

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 08:36:57 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I was going to get one but decided on some NOC decks instead.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 08:43:31 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I don't think this is worth it for me personally. You have to pay 50$ of DVDs that you won't be able to resell just to get 1 LTD worth 70$. + This huge sale will drive the LTD price down and will increase the availability enormously on the aftermarket. It would have been nicer if they had done something like "get 1 free LTD for every 50$ spent including half on a 25$+ DVD".

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 09:13:48 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I don't think this is worth it for me personally. You have to pay 50$ of DVDs that you won't be able to resell just to get 1 LTD worth 70$. + This huge sale will drive the LTD price down and will increase the availability enormously on the aftermarket.

Who says you can't resell DVDs?

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 09:19:44 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I don't think this is worth it for me personally. You have to pay 50$ of DVDs that you won't be able to resell just to get 1 LTD worth 70$. + This huge sale will drive the LTD price down and will increase the availability enormously on the aftermarket.

Who says you can't resell DVDs?
You can but what's the point for the buyer? What would he get from buying from you? The same price, no extra gifts, a higher shipping price, and no proof that the DVD is in perfect condition. You see resellers for playing cards much more often than brand new DVD resellers.

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 09:37:37 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
You can but what's the point for the buyer? What would he get from buying from you? The same price, no extra gifts, a higher shipping price, and no proof that the DVD is in perfect condition.You see resellers for playing cards much more often than brand new DVD resellers.

I'm not assuming that you can sell DVDs for the same price that E would. What I'm trying to say is that it's more economical to buy the two DVDs, get the LTD, and then try to recoup some of the losses by reselling the DVDs. This is assuming you only want the LTD to begin with. Same thing happened with the IAOCP book/deck.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:38:48 PM by shutupdangit »

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 09:39:35 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
You can but what's the point for the buyer? What would he get from buying from you? The same price, no extra gifts, a higher shipping price, and no proof that the DVD is in perfect condition.You see resellers for playing cards much more often than brand new DVD resellers.

I'm not assuming that you can sell DVDs for the same price that E would. What I'm trying to say is that it's more practical to buy the two DVDs, get the LTD, and then try to recoup some of the losses by reselling the DVDs. Same thing happened with the IAOCP book/deck.
Yes but even at a lower price there is very little demand for resold DVDs. The IAOCP book was a different story since it was rare and only available for 80$ while these DVDs aren't.

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2012, 09:55:18 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
Last I checked IAOCP was still available on D&D's website.

Also, demand isn't as important in this scenario because we're not looking to immediately make a profit, just recoup. This means that even if I sold the DVDs for $5 each, I'd still be getting some money back. If I have a brand new DVD for that low, then there's a better chance of selling it than if it were $24.95. The point is that there is more freedom than just buying only a deck.

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2012, 10:04:42 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I don't get your point. Sure, you can get some money back for the DVD you are buying but there is less demand, you sell for a much lower price than the normal market price, the money you make reselling the DVDs, if you have any buyers at all, are much smaller than the price you spent on them in the first place, and you are spending 50+$ for 1 deck that is worth 70$ and cost 2$ to make and whose market price is diving.

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 10:26:16 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
For example if you buy 2 dvd the price is 60 and shipping is 10 making it $70 for the 2 dvd and 1 ltd deck .. and you resell the dvd .. maybe you sell it for 25usd .. then both the dvd you will get 50usd .. $70 -50 = 20 .. which mean you bought a $20 for the deck ..

you can also wait until the LTD promotion is over before selling it .. some people won't know there is even the promotion since they did not write it at their website

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2012, 10:31:21 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
For example if you buy 2 dvd the price is 60 and shipping is 10 making it $70 for the 2 dvd and 1 ltd deck .. and you resell the dvd .. maybe you sell it for 25usd .. then both the dvd you will get 50usd .. $70 -50 = 20 .. which mean you bought a $20 for the deck ..

you can also wait until the LTD promotion is over before selling it .. some people won't know there is even the promotion since they did not write it at their website
If you think you'll resell those DVDs for 25$ each if you bought them for 30$, you're dreaming. And most people will know about the LTD promotion. You can have your own opinion but I think E are really just owning us with this offer.

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 10:39:54 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i am dreaming ??? you must be joking .. sometimes there will be pure smoke for sale .. and there are selling it for maybe 130usd and people still buy it .. you know why boy ?? because ellusionist is selling it for 147usd without shippping !! here is a example i randomly toke from ebay ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gaff-Arcane-DVD-Ellusionist-Excellent-magic-tricks-you-Gaff-Arcane-Deck-/380388145574?pt=UK_Collectables_MagicTricks_RL&hash=item5890e679a6 . 5 people bought this dvd ..

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2012, 11:08:09 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
You example is invalid. It is for british buyers. The seller obviously bought in big quantity from E, saving up on shipping and getting extras with his order. This sale is worth it ONLY for british sellers. Maybe there are some examples to proove your point, but they are rare, and this one isn't one.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:16:18 PM by NathanCanadas »

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 11:15:24 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
what are rare?? pure smoke is rare ?? arcane gaff dvd is rare ?? all of them are for sale at ellusionist .. and also you can also sell your ltd deck for maybe 50usd .. then minus the 20 from example i gave you just now .. you earned extra $30 .. people in the us will also buy the cheaper dvd .. because after the promotion is over then you can no longer the ltd deck .. so you think buyer will be angry with you for getting the ltd deck ?? they wont because if they do , they will have to buy from ellusionist .. then he have to pay at the retail price , with shipping , tax and also wait for delivery time
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:16:30 PM by hawjinjian »

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2012, 11:16:35 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Anyways, who are we to judge. Let's just let E run their company and their customers do what the please. End of story.
Peace out!

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 11:19:46 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Ya sure that was what i am thinking .. so i am join the conversation hope to end this .. if you think about that from the start then you wont even disagree when someone say that are going to buy then resell it at a cheaper price .. you will disagreeing it all the while

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2012, 12:14:52 AM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I don't get your point. Sure, you can get some money back for the DVD you are buying but there is less demand, you sell for a much lower price than the normal market price, the money you make reselling the DVDs, if you have any buyers at all, are much smaller than the price you spent on them in the first place, and you are spending 50+$ for 1 deck that is worth 70$ and cost 2$ to make and whose market price is diving.
The point I'm trying to make is that they can be sold in the first place. The other point is that the amount of money a dvd or deck is worth is completely arbitrary as long as I can sell them.