You are Here:
*Special Gold Crown Promotion* - We saw this coming!

Author (Read 11671 times)

Re: *Special Gold Crown Promotion* - We saw this coming!
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2012, 07:51:06 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I find it funny how people are always mad when a bigger company gives stuff away, just be happy about getting anything free.

The first deal was obviously better since you could get all 5 decks, but this one is also good. It is kinda an "early bird gets the worm" type of thing.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2012, 07:56:01 PM »

Utterfool

• Elite Member
  • " I have nothing to declare except my folly"

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• last.fm:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:
I think this whole situation is fantastic.

It should now be quite obvious that
1. The first deal was a better deal as far as gift "value"
2. The second deal is a better deal as far as fairness to the consumer.

As I mentioned previously the issue still is this is a FREE gift.
The only people I see who might have a legitimate reason to be upset about the second deal ( which is now in the past) are those who won the badge of honor in the first deal and were planning on reselling the box that now do not have the same value, or those who paid entirely too much for a deck in the secondary market that they should have known would eventually been released in larger quantities.

As for the original 50 boxes, although their value has gone down, their rarity still remains. Only 50 of those sets we're created and most likely only 50 will be. Sure you can build that set separately but that is not exactly the idea here. You could have done that before the release, since there were Gold Crown decks distributed that we're not in the set, granted it would cost you a lot more. The point is the box is still a badge of honor for the collector, just not maybe for the reseller, but I have no love for a reseller that would take a rare item from someone who genuinely wants it just to sell it back to that person at a inflated price.

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2012, 10:09:34 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Here's the shortest, skinniest version of this debate one can possibly have:

1) The "version 1" series gift box, including Gold Crown.
PLUS: five decks, rare to very rare, all no longer in print, for buying $100 of stuff.
MINUS: only the first fifty qualifying buyers, little to no chance to get a second (but you have to pay shipping again if you do), sold out in just a few minutes.  Only one new deck released as a tie-in (in set of three boxes).

2) The recent promo.
PLUS: get up to three decks (one for each $100 of stuff bought up to $300), no need to have the world's fastest Internet connection and an overdeveloped mouse finger, plenty to go around & available for four HOURS, tied to a new deck release and two deck "revivals" of popular sold-out models.
MINUS: not as generous in terms of total decks received (caveat: every deck given was a Gold Crown, unlike #1).
MINUS TO PEOPLE WHO GOT #1: your GC is now not worth as much, and the box as a set is also less sought-after.

Does that sum it up, so we can all stop flogging the dead horse now?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2012, 10:18:21 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
As I mentioned previously the issue still is this is a FREE gift.
The only people I see who might have a legitimate reason to be upset about the second deal ( which is now in the past) are those who won the badge of honor in the first deal and were planning on reselling the box that now do not have the same value, or those who paid entirely too much for a deck in the secondary market that they should have known would eventually been released in larger quantities.

That's what I'm trying to say.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605