Club 808 Update

Author (Read 7468 times)

Re: Club 808 Update
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2013, 01:52:24 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Next paycheck I know what I am getting. also do any of you guys do the contest? I entered one just for the heck of it being stupid and some how I won.

What'd you win? Is it card related?? I think there are a bunch of people that might enter them just for fun. I mean I know that whenever I enter a contest I do it just fr kicks. I want to win but I have no expectation of winning.

It can only have been one of two things.  If he won the January contest, he got an uncut sheet of red Rider Backs signed by Neil Patrick Harris.  If he won the February contest, he got an autographed DVD by Sal Piacente on gambling protection methods.

EDIT: I just checked.  The February contest had a winner named "John B."  The January contest didn't have a "John B." as a winner.

I wanted to finally enter a contest, only to discover that this month's contest requires you to take a photo of a playing-cards related tattoo.  I can't get tattoos...  Maybe I'll see about getting a painted one!  That should still count!  (There's a flaw in that plan - it would probably cost more to get the fake tat than I'd be getting from the prize.  This month's prize is an uncut of the Club Tattoo deck signed by the founders of Club Tattoo and the members of Linkin Park - the lead singer is a partner in the company.)

I have a friend who does henna, so I might do that.

Will it look as good in henna?  Some tattooists can paint a tat on you without inking it permanently, in order to give you a chance to try it on for size and see if it suits you.  Committing to ink isn't something you should take lightly.  :))  But their color paintwork can be pretty realistic-looking - the major difference being that the painted tat will wash off in a week or two.

What tat did you have in mind?  Since I'm unlikely to use my idea, I'll pass it on free of charge: on an inner forearm, the corner of a queen of hearts is "stabbed" into the skin, creating a decent nick as if it was a knife point.  The queen herself has "broken" heart pips, and she's shown with a more modern face, shedding tears.  (Pretty cool, hunh? :)) )
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 01:55:02 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2013, 10:20:06 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
interesting. What I will be doing if I have the time is doing the tattoo design I was planning on getting. The 4 suits on more fore arm connected by pieces of chain.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2013, 10:31:02 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
entered my pic, so fingers crossed. I have the Monarchs flap skull and swords art tatted on my wrist.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2013, 04:23:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
entered my pic, so fingers crossed. I have the Monarchs flap skull and swords art tatted on my wrist.

If it doesn't depict a card or at least a suit, it may not be eligible.

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2013, 10:42:29 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
That would suck. Where did you read that?
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2013, 10:56:15 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
The tattoo references playing cards in some way, whether with a full card, a heart, a spade, a king, poker chips, a rider back, etc.

This is what I got from the contest page.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2013, 06:26:53 PM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular
I actually have the tally Ho spade and an artist rendition of the three other suites in the same style tattooed on my inner bicep. I threw a photo in the contest for kicks.  :)

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2013, 12:17:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
That would suck. Where did you read that?

The tattoo references playing cards in some way, whether with a full card, a heart, a spade, a king, poker chips, a rider back, etc.

This is what I got from the contest page.

Well, perhaps it's not too late to add a spade or something to more closely tie it to cards, even if it's just painted on as a temp tat or henna tat.

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2013, 09:48:47 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
My Griffin uncut sheets are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing them. While I have thousands of decks, this will be my first uncut sheet purchase. I don't have the wall space to display them as I would want to. Cheap, cool, and fairly limited, so it was worth a few bucks just to see.

I hope that I don't get addicted to sheets to the level that I am with decks...