Re: Gatorback Riders from David Blaine
« Reply #375 on: December 16, 2014, 04:41:11 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
My credit card company fucked me up...

They blocked my card because i tried to buy too many cards...

So no red gators for me or for a big chunk of México....
Form Follows Function

« Reply #376 on: December 16, 2014, 04:41:42 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Card Player, I was also thinking earlier that someone may have bought a VERY large quantity for resale. I almost never miss out on cards because I'm right there the second that they are released. I truly wonder if he just sold all 1,000, or if he's toying with several releases that will total the claimed 1,000 to sell on the website?

« Reply #377 on: December 16, 2014, 04:45:32 PM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
Card Player, I was also thinking earlier that someone may have bought a VERY large quantity for resale. I almost never miss out on cards because I'm right there the second that they are released. I truly wonder if he just sold all 1,000, or if he's toying with several releases that will total the claimed 1,000 to sell on the website?

1000 sold out in around 3-5 minutes does seem a bit odd, especially at the asking price. Will be very interested to see the resale price on eBay soon  :karrit:
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

« Reply #378 on: December 16, 2014, 04:56:06 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
Im so mad right now....

Just to clarify something for some of you...

He initially said that the release was going to be at 4:00pm

He later tweeted that the release "would be in 30 minutes". (right at 3:45pm EST moving the release by roughly 15 minutes)

The cards were available from 4:00pm but you couldn't buy them, the checkout process would tell you that they were sold out.

At 4:15pm The cards were made available for purchase, and everybody got to buy those.

And yes some of us got shafted and couldn't buy em....

1000 is a pretty small number of cards... i alone was going to buy 15 bricks. The price was really high...

A night before we had free shipping with any order of $75 or more.... Today no free shipping....
Form Follows Function

« Reply #379 on: December 16, 2014, 04:59:01 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Yup, same here. I can't even say "almost never", I "NEVER" miss when I want something. To hear that from you and others makes me feel better.

I don't know what David Blaine Productions was thinking by not limiting the decks to 2 OR 3 per order. Pure Ridiculousness! The whole thing from the start was Epic Fail. Who decides to update their website on or days after the Black Friday Christmas season. David had all year long to make changes to the website.

Im so mad right now....

Just to clarify something for some of you...

He initially said that the release was going to be at 4:00pm

He later tweeted that the release "would be in 30 minutes". (right at 3:45pm EST moving the release by roughly 15 minutes)

The cards were available from 4:00pm but you couldn't buy them, the checkout process would tell you that they were sold out.

At 4:15pm The cards were made available for purchase, and everybody got to buy those.

And yes some of us got shafted and couldn't buy em....

1000 is a pretty small number of cards... i alone was going to buy 15 bricks. The price was really high...

A night before we had free shipping with any order of $75 or more.... Today no free shipping....

15 Bricks... Honestly... I'm sure someone did buy 15 Bricks. SMH
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 05:02:16 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #380 on: December 16, 2014, 05:13:49 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
Yeah

I do have a store thats why i was going to buy so many and these were the most sought out cards of the Year, I am 1 of the few retailers that actually carry rare cards, Blaine cards are always wanted...

And then something like this happens....

Blaine sure knows how to update his whole store...

Form Follows Function

« Reply #381 on: December 16, 2014, 05:23:10 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Hecrob, good info. I hadn't heard that about the time (I don't use Twitter). That means that I was late to the game. That makes more sense.

Strange thing is though, at 2:59CST, I was still seeing "coming soon" on the site. I saw that change to live at 3:01.

Thanks for nothing, David Blaine.

« Reply #382 on: December 16, 2014, 05:25:07 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I've missed Green's. I don't know how. Like agera94 said, I was thinking at this price will not be so much people interested to buy it. Now Red's too :( 1000 decks, that's almost 84 bricks. Not to much. I wanted one brick, not for reselling, just because of the nice box (a few for my friends). I am a little collector (just 500), I like DB too much and I would love to have all DB Gators too.

Look, in UK, on website JP for Green Gatorbacks, they choose to sell one deck per customer because maybe it was a limited number of decks. Nice! Even so, one deck is too limited, shipping costs, one deck open, one for collection, one for practice. Was nice to see that on DB store with Red Gatorbacks too, with one brick.
"Due to the limited nature of our remaining stock, a maximum of one deck per customer can now be purchased. We think this is the fairest way to meet the demand for the very limited stock we have left. "

I love green and that pack signed has red and black, nice combination too, but I would love to see red + green or green + red :D Complementary colors, btw.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 05:42:56 PM by mirciusx »
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

« Reply #383 on: December 16, 2014, 05:29:22 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Hecrob, good info. I hadn't heard that about the time (I don't use Twitter). That means that I was late to the game. That makes more sense.

Strange thing is though, at 2:59CST, I was still seeing "coming soon" on the site. I saw that change to live at 3:01.

Selling started at 4:01 PM, not at 4:15 minutes.

Card Player, good call. Nice to be limited for one-two bricks for one order. All the decks will be sold anyway, not in 5 minutes, maybe in one hour.

« Reply #384 on: December 16, 2014, 05:47:50 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Selling started at 4:01 PM, not at 4:15 minutes.

Card Player, good call. Nice to be limited for one-two bricks for one order. All the decks will be sold anyway, not in 5 minutes, maybe in one hour.

Not bricks... 2 to 3 decks per order. Whatever... I don't give a F#$% anymore. lol

David can always refund a portion of the ridiculously large orders and limit it. Sorry for the mistake people. We can only honor 1 brick due to a website error. Resell the rest again limit 2 decks per order.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 05:51:15 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #385 on: December 16, 2014, 05:53:42 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
That is his tweet, he made it 15 minutes before 4:00pm

Yes the red gators were available at 4:01pm but you couldnt buy them... They were still fixing some stuff... I tried that several times before i could actually get to the other part of the checkout process.

The red gators were only available for 15 minutes... After that they sold out.
Form Follows Function

« Reply #386 on: December 16, 2014, 06:02:22 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
My order went through about 4:02p or 4:03p.  I got the order confirmation email at 4:04p.  So they definitely were available before 4:15p.

« Reply #387 on: December 16, 2014, 06:08:42 PM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
My order went through about 4:02p or 4:03p.  I got the order confirmation email at 4:04p.  So they definitely were available before 4:15p.

How many did you manage to get? Any interest to trade for greens? Or any other decks, or cash? PM me if so please...Would love to make a trade! Same applies to any other lucky person who got some reds! =)

I'm pretty disappointed with how this worked out too! Obviously Blaine can do what he wants with his cards and his store, but I'm still pretty disappointed by the way he chose to run this... I've been checking his site a coupla times a day since Black Friday in the hopes of getting some reds, and just like that, at apparently 5am in the morning where I am, they're sold out! I would've woken up for them if I'd known, but apparently it wouldn't have done any good! Darn...

« Reply #388 on: December 16, 2014, 06:09:11 PM »

flyers3003

• True Member
My confirmation email has a time stamp of 4:01PM EST.  They were being sold before 4:15.  If you were looking at the "CARDS" tab at 4:01, the cards weren't there.  But the "metallic-red-gatorbacks" link was working right around 4:00pm.  You could get to that link from the banner on the 1st page of the store.  The banner didn't have the working link until around 4:00pm.

« Reply #389 on: December 16, 2014, 07:07:56 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
David has another 1500 - 4000 more Red Gatorbacks. Whats he going to do with them?

If you all are smart, let the resellers sit on their Red Gatorbacks. Don't pay their inflated prices. We will wait. Make sure something like this never happens again.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:37:16 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #390 on: December 16, 2014, 07:35:34 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
I don't want to get angry again but...

It seems that there were 2 different ways to get the red gator.

1.- The link in the picture at the main page
2.- The link in the "cards" section

I did notice that when i entered to the "all products" section, the red gators were not there, so i was having issues trying to checkout when i added stuff from the "cards" section...

It was a huge mess... David didn't limit how many decks you can add...  for example, in the picture that i added, i tried to buy 1000 signed sets... only to be told by the cart that there are only 61 left....

first they were sold out @ 4:02pm Which is hard to believe...

@ 4:10 I was able to pass the check out barrier into the "please pay" barrier which i failed to pass...

@ 4:15 there were only 3 decks left (according to the shopping cart)

So so angry.....
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:39:29 PM by hecrob »
Form Follows Function

« Reply #391 on: December 16, 2014, 07:48:44 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I don't want to get angry again...

It seems that there were 2 different ways to get the red gator.

1.- The link in the picture at the main page
2.- The link in the "cards" section

I did notice that when i entered to the "all products" section, the red gators were not there, so i was having issues trying to checkout when i added stuff from the "cards" section...

It was a huge mess... David didn't limit how many decks you can add...  for example, in the picture that i added, i tried to buy 1000 signed sets... only to be told by the cart that there are only 61 left....

first they were sold out @ 4:02pm Which is hard to believe...

@ 4:10 I was able to pass the check out barrier into the "please pay" barrier which i failed to pass...

@ 4:15 there were only 3 decks left (according to the shopping cart)

So so angry.....

Yes there was more then one way. 750 were in cellophane, 250 were signed. That was the original plan. I assume the set has the 250 that were originally described as signed. The problem is I and many others have David's autograph already. I'm not paying $100 for it, with 2 partially opened decks to show for it.. Most people want the new unopened decks. What I liked about his Davids variety collectors boxes is that David's autograph is on the box and certificate, not the decks. Decks come brand new. David could have sold the Red Gatorbacks for $50 each, limit of 2 per order and they still would have sold out. New unopened Red Gatorbacks is what most customers wanted today.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:21:22 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #392 on: December 16, 2014, 08:00:04 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
Well.. I will have to wait for somebody to pity me and sell me some red gators or go to the hell that is EBAY and get cancer out of the prices that we will see....

So mad...  :-[
Form Follows Function

« Reply #393 on: December 16, 2014, 08:05:25 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Well.. I will have to wait for somebody to pity me and sell me some red gators or go to the hell that is EBAY and get cancer out of the prices that we will see....

So mad...  :-[

That was my point a few posts prior. Don't pay reseller prices. Make them sit on the Red Gatorback. I know there are more Red Gatorbacks. Possibly as many as 1,500 to 4,000 more. We will see them again in one form or another. I would advise you wait.

« Reply #394 on: December 16, 2014, 09:26:06 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

Like I said :) I use my phone alarm to be online with a few minutes before 4:00 pm. Here was 11pm, Europe GMT+2.

Andrea, you have a nice collection! :D I will make my self a folder on pinterest too :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:27:23 PM by mirciusx »

« Reply #395 on: December 16, 2014, 09:31:17 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I am genuinely shocked that no one is pre-selling them on eBay yet.

« Reply #396 on: December 16, 2014, 09:55:23 PM »

Msp062

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
I am wanting to buy a few decks if anyone is interested in selling.  Please Pm.

« Reply #397 on: December 16, 2014, 09:59:52 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

« Reply #398 on: December 16, 2014, 10:21:51 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
My interest in the Red Gatorbacks seriously waned about fifteen minutes before they became available on the website. Simply put, I fell asleep at the desk and quit caring about anything other sawing logs haha. My only regret, having to fall asleep in the desk chair and not going for a proper rest. Anything else is unreasonable really.

Usually I would be all upset, how could I have missed out? What the hell was I thinking? Why couldn't I keep my eyes open for 20 more minutes? Naa, not this time. I'm chalking it up to personal growth and being able to let go. (The green gators are my favorite and I have some.) Maybe I'll be able to trade for a deck at some point, maybe not. It is what it is. I'm okay with that.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #399 on: December 16, 2014, 10:36:28 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Andrea, you have a nice collection! :D I will make my self a folder on pinterest too :)

Thanks. Looking forward to following you on Pinterest. :)