« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:08:03 PM by Don Boyer »

Re: Legends Blue and Red V2.0 now available BE QUICK only 235 available
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 12:46:51 PM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
And...if you're UK/EU based our stock will be available to buy on Friday. http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/second-edition-legends-playing-cards
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 12:47:47 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
LOL JP was just sending you a message as you wrote this  good addittion

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 12:50:11 PM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
LOL JP was just sending you a message as you wrote this  good addittion

Great minds, and all that! :) Thanks Pete.
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 12:57:15 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
235 Decks....seems like an odd number? Needless to say I grabbed a few.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 12:59:25 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
Landed 2 reds and a blue.  Thanks for the heads up!  Wonder why it's so few decks...
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 01:03:57 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
Hand.  I believe the red and blue decks were just a test deck or something.  Check out the thread on the black legends for more details. Looking through a few old posts now

EDIT  here I found the topic  all is explained here
http://aethercards.com/discourse/playing-card-plethora/legends-test-deck/msg84345/#msg84345
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 01:06:20 PM by badpete69 »

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 01:06:30 PM »

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
But my question is: only 235 decks were produced at all? Or only 235 were available for CARC?
Enthusiast collector

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 01:10:30 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
235 is what is available from CARC.  JP also has some for sale  not quite sure how many. Overall not many were produced.  I think Don knows the numbers.  Plus check that link I posted above

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 01:11:32 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Just picked up a mixed brick. Wow, glad I saw my email when I did!

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 01:14:48 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
I had the post up before the email...You should have said  I am glad Pete posted this hehehehe.  Funny thing been checking once a day on CARC to see if they were listing them. 2 days ago I saw the legends picture change so I knew it was close. Then this morning saw them with the coming soon banner , so was lurking a lot

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 01:15:05 PM »

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
235 is what is available from CARC.  JP also has some for sale  not quite sure how many. Overall not many were produced.  I think Don knows the numbers.  Plus check that link I posted above

I remember this post but I didn't knew that he was so complete. Thank you very much.
Enthusiast collector

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 01:19:51 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
You paid $10.95 for one deck or better said $131,40 plus shipping for those castrated Legend decks?

I pass on this price tag... $7.95 for the Black V2.0 were okay and in a dozen it was $5 but $10.95 lol no!
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 01:25:01 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
You paid $10.95 for one deck or better said $131,40 plus shipping for those castrated Legend decks?

I pass on this price tag... $7.95 for the Black V2.0 were okay and in a dozen it was $5 but $10.95 lol no!

I think the appeal that makes them worth it is there are straight up only 500 or so of these decks in existence (in each color).  If the Legends brand continues to take off (which it should from everything i've heard), especially in Asia, these would be very valuable for posterity, potentially even more so than the 1st editions that were widely produced and distributed.
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 01:43:05 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
But my question is: only 235 decks were produced at all? Or only 235 were available for CARC?

We have only released 235 (almost every deck we have on hand) but I expect a small quantity more to come in. But these might never make it and might be damaged when they do (both common scenarios unfortunately). The only way to guarantee you'll get a deck is to order them now.
Another poster complained the price is too high, and I agree. But with these small runs and, to be frank, paying Lawrence more for them this time, so we had to increase the price. This won't be the standard and we will always fight to offer decks at the best prices we can.
Also we changed how we handle shipping charges and I would be interested in any feedback from those who have bought now and also previously.

bk

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 01:56:10 PM »

anhedonia

Also we changed how we handle shipping charges and I would be interested in any feedback from those who have bought now and also previously.

When shipping was included, I could always get more (I did that with the Black Legends - placed an order and then an hour later decided to get another brick.)
This way, today I got 8 to make sure I got some, but with $5.95 in shipping I'm not going back to get anymore, even if I have second thoughts.

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 02:33:08 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member

When shipping was included, I could always get more (I did that with the Black Legends - placed an order and then an hour later decided to get another brick.)
This way, today I got 8 to make sure I got some, but with $5.95 in shipping I'm not going back to get anymore, even if I have second thoughts.

Although we don't explicitly state it on our website we always try to work with people on reducing the shipping as far as possible. We definitely don't like the idea of making money on shipping. This shipping method is an experiment and my preference has always been to include shipping in the price. But that works out better when we have brick or more prices and the guys buying 2 or 3 decks at the single deck postpaid price gets dinged a bit. Having said that we do respond to customers' requests about consolidating shipping and we do sometimes refund excess shipping paid, even when it's "included" in the price.

bk

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 03:10:56 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I don't see too much of an issue, the shipping is in line with normal shipping rates, and as for the deck price....these are less than 1/4  of the Black versions print run.

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 04:39:01 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I picked up 6. Don't forget that since these aren't USPCC, they weren't printed at the 2,500 deck quantity so it's highly likely that there are only a few hundred of these in existence. I believe that they were a test deck, if I remember correctly, and my guess is that, since the previous 4 colors were printed at the same company, and it's not USPCC, that they would happily print them a test run of a few hundred decks. I don't believe that this is hype.

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 04:52:36 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Ever since I found out they existed I wanted them. I emailed JP, tried working a deal. That did not work. Then I found out JP and CARC were releasing them at the same time a few days ago. The thing is, I only buy specific decks. If you compare me to other collectors that buy 2-4 of almost every release, I probably spend less then most a year when all is said and done.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:13:44 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 05:06:03 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I picked up 6. Don't forget that since these aren't USPCC, they weren't printed at the 2,500 deck quantity so it's highly likely that there are only a few hundred of these in existence. I believe that they were a test deck, if I remember correctly, and my guess is that, since the previous 4 colors were printed at the same company, and it's not USPCC, that they would happily print them a test run of a few hundred decks. I don't believe that this is hype.

If I'm not mistaken, Lawrence made only 1,000 of each color, give or take a few.  It's one of the reasons Bill is offering so few on his site and why JP will have a similarly small amount on hand.  He originally didn't intend for these to hit wide circulation; they were just a test deck when they were made and it was only decided afterwards to sell them.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 06:06:08 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
And if you're a collector, you realize that many of those will be opened so unlike most hype-machine decks, this one can be considered on the rare side.

That would fit in line with the previous 4 versions that all were around 1,000 each.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 07:46:20 PM by BiggerDee »

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 07:54:23 PM »

Yashi

• Elite Member
Looks more like orange than red.  :)

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 07:59:52 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
I think the sad thing is that I was hoping that they'd be more mass produced as I wanted one to play with. I think it's time to befriend Lawrence Sullivan!  ;) Gotta make a trip to Hong Kong now.

The Blue Legends v2 looks amazing; the original V1 Blue Legends was beautiful and I'm glad to see they kept the same blue. I hope there's a V3 that's more mass-produced so I won't cringe when I open a deck of Legends playing cards.

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 09:04:52 PM »

vmagic

Although we don't explicitly state it on our website we always try to work with people on reducing the shipping as far as possible. We definitely don't like the idea of making money on shipping. This shipping method is an experiment and my preference has always been to include shipping in the price. But that works out better when we have brick or more prices and the guys buying 2 or 3 decks at the single deck postpaid price gets dinged a bit. Having said that we do respond to customers' requests about consolidating shipping and we do sometimes refund excess shipping paid, even when it's "included" in the price.

bk

I'm not sure if is your new shipping method or what, but my last 2 orders with you guys cost me over $25 each in customs fees and I NEVER pay customs fees on playing cards or magic related stuff through USPC with any other company. Can you guys please do something about that? I can't be the only customer paying these ridiculous nonsense fees!