You are Here:
New Virts offerings

Author (Read 10737 times)

Re: New Virts offerings
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2013, 11:38:23 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I always like new and different. Be thankful. At least it's not blue/orange/grey Cthulhu decks!

I think Blue Black and Grey would have been nicer. The black ties it into the launch edition and provides better contrast and depth with the mid-tone blue and lite grey.

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2013, 05:45:08 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
$8.95 single deck with free poster pack (pdf file print at home)
$17.90    2 decks with poster pack
$26.85    3 decks with poster pack
$44.75    5 decks with poster pack and free faro tutorial
$99.95    12 decks with poster pack and free faro tutorials

You also have tutorials ranging from $4 to $8  or you can buy the 4 pack tutorial for a discount

he has 35 uncut sheets going for $77.  I am not going to do all permutations for shipping prices international  but for a brick it's $26.5 shipping and for one deck it is $14 international. By the way those shipping prices are international  he has different prices for Canada
Thanks!
hmmm i would like to buy 3 decks from them.
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2013, 12:59:17 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
These might be great for cardist, but I don't like these or the V1s. They just don't appeal to me in the least. To each his own I guess.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2013, 03:27:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
These might be great for cardist, but I don't like these or the V1s. They just don't appeal to me in the least. To each his own I guess.

I didn't like the v1 deck off the bat, but those courts grew on me.  They're kind of cute and don't look like senior citizens that were born circa 1695.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2013, 12:51:31 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

I didn't like the v1 deck off the bat, but those courts grew on me.  They're kind of cute and don't look like senior citizens that were born circa 1695.

The Launch Edition took me by surprise. At first I past it by, just another deck. The more I saw of it's unique geometric back design, I started to realize it was a special deck of playing cards. The brand, the decks intended cardistry function and traditional French European court cards all worked well together. They really simplified a great concept to the bare bones. You could not ask for a more perfect deck as a launching point for The Virts.

The S/S 2014 deck. They got the 3 color idea right. More then just a Blue color change. I just think they picked the wrong colors and the wrong branding. It does irk me that these colors (orange/blue) and name (spring/summer) follow The Blue Crown "Summer" Club release of the "Orange" and Light "Blue" NOC Decks. I can't help but make that association, when the association should be the with Launch Edition deck.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 12:56:27 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2013, 11:51:22 AM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
Got my notice that the decks shipped today!! Sadly, I'll be out of town for the next two weeks.  Guess they'll be waiting here for me when I get home!
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2013, 09:00:34 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Jesus, that was fast.

They actually arrived today... The day I got the shipping notification.

I've got to say, they look awesome. The borders are ULTRA thin. Although, the stock and finish seem more akin to standard Bicycle stock and finish than the originals. I think the launch edition was a bit stiffer, and had better static friction. Then again, these ones do faro much easier.

Sorry for the cruddy image quality. My camera broke, so I have to use my webcam.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2013, 02:40:32 AM »

CrankUP

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
Glad to hear they didn't delay the crap out of shipping like last time.

Broke for cards

« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2013, 07:51:00 AM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran
The blue and orange coloring might look weird at first,  but I think it makes sense if they were thinking along the lines of complimentary colors,  which are opposite each other on the color wheel: red & green,  yellow & purple,  blue & orange. These color pairs are supposed to look good together.  I've seen a lot of packaging for products designed with these in mind. A Kate Spade wallet I bought for my mother came in an orange and light blue box and I thought it looked really nice. Maybe it's just the wrong shade of blue paired with orange or the wrong shade of orange paired with blue... 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 07:54:59 AM by Sher143 »

« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2013, 08:18:17 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
The blue and orange coloring might look weird at first,  but I think it makes sense if they were thinking along the lines of complimentary colors,  which are opposite each other on the color wheel: red & green,  yellow & purple,  blue & orange. These color pairs are supposed to look good together.  I've seen a lot of packaging for products designed with these in mind. A Kate Spade wallet I bought for my mother came in an orange and light blue box and I thought it looked really nice. Maybe it's just the wrong shade of blue paired with orange or the wrong shade of orange paired with blue...

It's been a bad decade for Blue and Orange New York sports teams.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:12:41 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2013, 09:29:27 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I received my speedily after receiving shipping confirmation as well, although not on the same day. Happy with the deck to say the least though.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2014, 10:54:15 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
After seeing some of the reviews of this deck, I did end up picking some up. I was pleased to see how Virtuoso explains the color selection on one of the ad cards. Also I got to see more of the new aligned number cards then what The Virts officially posted

I believe these are now available to the public. Google has picked it up in its search. However I do have the email and used the link provided.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:24:49 PM by !An0nym0u5 »