« on: November 14, 2013, 11:17:10 AM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

fatboy Playing Cards 2nd Edition

First edition fatboy playing cards surprised everyone with its unique paper stock, finish and hand feel. However, as much as we love it, we see room for improvement.

We positioned fatboy playing cards as a deck for cardistry practitioners and worked closely with fatboyeatallday designer team to improve every aspect of it.

better paper stock
better hand feel
better tuck case
customized court cards
extra gaff cards
brand new color combination
related merchandise: InfiniTee & Cardistry Tee

The second edition fatboy playing cards have them all!

Re: 2nd Edition fatboys
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 12:21:09 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Some more images and info

"This is it, fatboy playing cards 2nd edition, Stylish Simplicity.

1 Deck $10.9 USD
4 Decks $39 USD
8 Decks $74 USD

Special dozen deal:
10 decks of Fatboy playing cards + 1 Pair of Black and White New Fan Back playing Cards $115 USD

12 Decks $107 USD
24 Decks $200 USD
72 Decks $509 USD

Worldwide Free Shipping on Registered Airmail"
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 12:23:19 PM by Nurul »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 03:37:10 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
Who is the manufacture?  I've found "was printed in Taiwan with high quality paper stock", "printed by the same factory that also produced the Legends deck from Lawrence Sullivan"

I found their website but not a lot of information.   http://coterie1902.com/home     "Coterie of Prestidigitation Artists is a member only society, there are totally six different membership classes. The most prestige member class – The Exclusive Coterie can only be joined by invitation only"

Seems Zenneth went to check out this mysterious factory "Right now I am planning to pay a visit to this factory perhaps some point in Sep. to find out more possibilities"

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 05:30:15 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Who is the manufacture?  I've found "was printed in Taiwan with high quality paper stock", "printed by the same factory that also produced the Legends deck from Lawrence Sullivan"

I found their website but not a lot of information.   http://coterie1902.com/home     "Coterie of Prestidigitation Artists is a member only society, there are totally six different membership classes. The most prestige member class – The Exclusive Coterie can only be joined by invitation only"

Seems Zenneth went to check out this mysterious factory "Right now I am planning to pay a visit to this factory perhaps some point in Sep. to find out more possibilities"

That factory is one of the best-kept industry secrets right about now.  There's only a small number of people who know the name and address of the place, and they're not talking.  I know many people who know it - and they STILL won't tell me!  They're the closest thing to a competitor to USPC in terms of quality of manufacturing.  I've been recently messing with my Legends and I was shocked to find that the quality had actually IMPROVED with use.  They fan completely smoothly now and the stock is still as snappy as it was on day one.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 06:03:20 AM »

Fred

• Discourse Lover
  • Dis legit binnis
I think this is a gorgeous deck. Don't like the fact that printing numbers were not disclosed though.. which more likely than not ultimately means a pretty large print run (at least a few thousand, compared to the 700 original fatboys that were available to the international market)
Alex, stop fucking with my name you phegget. xx

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 07:42:47 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
That factory is one of the best-kept industry secrets right about now.  There's only a small number of people who know the name and address of the place, and they're not talking.  I know many people who know it - and they STILL won't tell me!  They're the closest thing to a competitor to USPC in terms of quality of manufacturing.  I've been recently messing with my Legends and I was shocked to find that the quality had actually IMPROVED with use.  They fan completely smoothly now and the stock is still as snappy as it was on day one.

My guess would be that if the factory themselves knew they're a close competitor in terms of quality (and vastly lower pricing) to USPC - they would probably want to advertise it, I get over 20 unsolicited emails a week from printing companies in Asia, I don't have the inclination to probe each and every one, but who knows - perhaps one of them may have contacted us!
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 09:13:17 AM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Hey guys!

Long time no see!!!!!

Sorry that I didn't even hint before the release of v.2 fatboy, been very occupied with a life changing event, my biggest change in the last 10 years!
More than welcomed to see my facebook to find out what it is...am very proud of it.

Alright, let's get back to the topic...

Don is absolutely right about what he said with regard to this Taiwanese playing cards factory.
In fact, they just had some equipment upgrades and hence the better stock and hand feel with v.2 fatboy deck

The major reason why we didn't even bother to disclose the number of the decks being printed is the abuse of "Limited Edition".
Yes, I know it still works as a marketing ploy, but it can be quite annoying to the playing cards community as well.

Paul, this factory really don't have a very strong edge over pricing to USPC, however they are extremely efficient and very easy to work with.

Send them an email, they always reply you on the same day.
A day of email correspondences with this factory will get you the same result of communicating with USPC for a month ...or two...actually.

Best,
Zenneth

Amour Playing Cards & Amour Magic Collection
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 02:30:01 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I think this is a gorgeous deck. Don't like the fact that printing numbers were not disclosed though.. which more likely than not ultimately means a pretty large print run (at least a few thousand, compared to the 700 original fatboys that were available to the international market)

Fatboys are another deck, I think, that's made primarily to sell in Asia and only a small amount are released for international sales.

My guess would be that if the factory themselves knew they're a close competitor in terms of quality (and vastly lower pricing) to USPC - they would probably want to advertise it, I get over 20 unsolicited emails a week from printing companies in Asia, I don't have the inclination to probe each and every one, but who knows - perhaps one of them may have contacted us!

Possible?  Practically anything is.  Likely?  You probably have better odds of winning the lottery and surviving a lightning strike in the same day.

Hey guys!

Long time no see!!!!!

Sorry that I didn't even hint before the release of v.2 fatboy, been very occupied with a life changing event, my biggest change in the last 10 years!
More than welcomed to see my facebook to find out what it is...am very proud of it.

Alright, let's get back to the topic...

Don is absolutely right about what he said with regard to this Taiwanese playing cards factory.
In fact, they just had some equipment upgrades and hence the better stock and hand feel with v.2 fatboy deck

The major reason why we didn't even bother to disclose the number of the decks being printed is the abuse of "Limited Edition".
Yes, I know it still works as a marketing ploy, but it can be quite annoying to the playing cards community as well.

Paul, this factory really don't have a very strong edge over pricing to USPC, however they are extremely efficient and very easy to work with.

Send them an email, they always reply you on the same day.
A day of email correspondences with this factory will get you the same result of communicating with USPC for a month ...or two...actually.

Best,
Zenneth

Hey, Zenneth, good to hear from you.  I don't supposed you'd be willing to tell us about your life-changing event, would you?

I'd be the first to say that the term "Limited Edition" is overused.  However, most collectors are aware of the fact that most of these decks they collect aren't printed more than once.  They like to know how many were made because they like to know just how rare the deck they're buying really is.  This is especially true of the collectors who only collect, never actually opening the playing cards and using them.  A 20,000-print run deck is nice, but a 2,500-print run is better, and anything under a thousand gets them giddy.  It's the thrill of owning something that's so exceptionally rare.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:38:02 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 02:53:41 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
This is especially true of the collectors who only collect, never actually opening the playing cards and using them.  A 20,000-print run deck is nice, but a 2,500-print run is better, and anything under a thousand gets them giddy.  It's the thrill of owning something that's so exceptionally rare.

LOL, sad but true Don  :P
....but I am learning to crack open some decks, baby steps, lol
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:54:41 PM by Sparkz »

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 10:28:45 PM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Hey, Zenneth, good to hear from you.  I don't supposed you'd be willing to tell us about your life-changing event, would you?

[/quote]

Actually, am very happy to share it, even though it's a bit off topic:
Was 92 kgs on 1st Sep.this year and now 76 Kgs, a total of 16kgs weight loss in 2 and half month time by old school method, I post the transformation photos on my facebook.
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 11:34:54 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
WOW - that's FANTASTIC!  I'm very glad to hear that!  It's a difficult thing to accomplish - I once went from 225 lbs. (102.3 kg) down to 169 lbs. (76.8 kg), a loss of 56 lbs. (nearly 25.5 kg)!  I hope you manage to keep your new, trimmer self - your doctor will love you for it!  I had help keeping the weight off with regular martial arts practice - aikido was my art of choice.  To me, it was better than a gym or working out solo because you're in a more social environment, building camaraderie and learning something all at the same time - it makes it feel less like work, more like fun, and it's a fantastic confidence builder.

Perhaps you should have made a "slimboyworkoutallday" deck to go with it!  :))

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 08:29:20 AM »

Benjam

• True Member
I dunno about you guys but I kinda preferred the colour scheme of the first edition, and now I'm regretting not picking some of those up haha

Also, there don't seem to be many pictures of the faces on the coterie website, which isn't great, I would wanna see what they all look like before I considered buying! From what I can tell though, the red looks like a purple kind of colour, but that's it.
Can anyone confirm that? I might consider these :P

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 10:08:18 AM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
WOW - that's FANTASTIC!  I'm very glad to hear that!  It's a difficult thing to accomplish - I once went from 225 lbs. (102.3 kg) down to 169 lbs. (76.8 kg), a loss of 56 lbs. (nearly 25.5 kg)!  I hope you manage to keep your new, trimmer self - your doctor will love you for it!  I had help keeping the weight off with regular martial arts practice - aikido was my art of choice.  To me, it was better than a gym or working out solo because you're in a more social environment, building camaraderie and learning something all at the same time - it makes it feel less like work, more like fun, and it's a fantastic confidence builder.

Perhaps you should have made a "slimboyworkoutallday" deck to go with it!  :))

Actually, even now I still think running and working out solo are boring, but I see that as yet another challenge to overcome.
Will keep working harder as I am a bit afraid that my weight will re bounce soon if I stop the workout and diet control now.

Benjam, all the court cards of v.2 fatboy have been simplified and altered, all the red color on this deck (including back and face) is the same one, 
a bit of in between Rubine red and Rhodamine red...

Hope this helps.

www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 04:58:10 AM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Guys,

A quick heads up for v.2 fatboy playing cards.

Stock level has come down to the last 300 decks and it will not be printed again.
If you ever interested in getting some, then consider this the last chance to restock or give it a shot.

Cheers,
Zenneth
www.Coterie1902.com