[TXT] Virtuoso launch edition playing cards

Author (Read 1281 times)

[TXT] Virtuoso launch edition playing cards
« on: April 27, 2013, 01:46:38 PM »

blastercast

• Forum Regular
  • I am generally strange
Hello!
I finally received my virts decks over here in the UK and after playing an extortionate customs fee for 5 decks I know have them!
So here is a review for the deck I have open and am breaking in as I write

Design:
The virts spent a lot of time teasing these decks and I must say now I have one I can see why there was a hype train! The backs look excellent doing any flourish or trick, the borders are slightly thinner so when these are fanned they all look red, it's a nice touch. The pips are very good and can be seen easily when fanned, the court cards are beautifully simple and well designed!
I'm sure everyone has seen the box, it's really awesome to have on display and looks very original. the lack of jokers is something that annoys me though, I like to collect my jokers and hopefully put them on display
Over all as usual I only by decks that I think look good but these are truly beautiful
10/0

Handling:
The other incredibly important side to a deck is handing, this deck is made for flourishers and it handles extremely well!
Fans are very slick and easy, look even and full without too much effort. for springs the stock has enough resistance to make them flow once going.
Dribbles are great because the stock is quite strong but not thick :)
Faros aren't as good as I'd hoped, I hope after they've fully broken in that they'll improve
I think that means a 9/10

Overall:
I like this deck a lot and I'm glad I got five! I would recommend getting one just for having one but as a magician this deck is excellent!
9/10

Thank you for reading
-Benny
"...there is a fine line between wishing to produce child-like astonishment and treating people like infants."
Derren Brown