Hey Hey Hey

Author (Read 1030 times)

Hey Hey Hey
« on: January 30, 2013, 10:51:19 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
hi all,

So, I need to get 25 posts before I can start posting on STISO :p oops, was not aware.

Anyway, I'm the brown magician, ya'll welcome to call me Mo if u wish :) I'm from Birmingham, England and I'm 24 years of age. I'm a hoobyist magician more than anything, although recently I have got into collecting cards (I'm in the region of 200+) and looking to make my kingdom grow :)
I've always been into magic, my late uncle (god rest his soul) taught me most things about magic but it was my primary school teacher who taught me my first trick.
I heard about aethercards through the unitedcardists boards. I was a member on there for a brief while, but those guys r very rude and stuck up there own BLEEP BLEEP and it annoyed me because of the favouritsm towards some members whether there in th wrong or not.
Anywho, I'm a Media graduate, graduating in Media Production. I wana hopefully start getting on the streets and performing to the public as well. If there's anything you wana know about me, please do ask :)
Thank you for reading, and in the words of Mick Foley, Have a Nice Day :)
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

Re: Hey Hey Hey
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:58:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
hi all,

So, I need to get 25 posts before I can start posting on STISO :p oops, was not aware.

That's why you have to read the rules...  :))

Welcome aboard.  By and large, we're a pretty friendly bunch here and we do get a fair number of visitors coming here from UC - just as I'm sure they get a few visitors from us!  The guy in charge there, CBJ, was a moderator here for a good while.

Expect a very warm welcome of the female persuasion, and lots of purple text, very soon...  (snicker)
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:06:50 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I love purple :p

EDIT: i use to use bicycle masters for a lot of routines, that is until the purple artifice came out - it's the only deck in which I've bought a brick of :p
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 01:44:42 PM by Curt »

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 07:41:07 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

Hi there MO!!!!! Welcome to the Discourse! Its great to have you with us!!!
Don't worry about the post count it will go up soon and you'll be able to post at the STISO in no time. :)
Wow we're the same-ish age. Although I keep forgetting if Im 23 or 24 hahahaha because most times I feel like Im only 16.
Anyway, for some reason I always encounter magicians who learned tricks from their uncles. :) I think its those family reunions and they pull coins out of our ears and separate their thumbs hahaha until it evolves to picking a card and cutting ladies in half. (The latter part I was joking).

But really, thanks for coming aboard the craziness here in Aethercards. :) We are all happy people on crack most times. I hope you have a great great time here with us. There are TONS of topics you can go through. Since you love collecting and wish to exapnd your "kingdom" Playing Card Plethora and the Design and development thread will keep you up to date with all the new and upcoming decks, even while they are in the design stage. :)
Feel free to lurk and reply and post stuff. Oh and in case you are looking for a particular topic, the awesome SEARCH function will help you find what you seek. (Feeling LOTR at the moment). Should you have any questions feel free to message any of the admins/mods (I suggest you PM the mods because admin-sir is busy).  We will be more than happy to help you out. :)

oh and yeah.... PURPLE TEXT!!!! That is my signature post style here at the forums. I wish for the world to be a more colourful and magical place. :) hahahaha!!!

So what was that very first trick your teacher taught you?

xoxo
Lara

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 07:58:36 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
thank you for that warm welcome :) .. i wana start posting in purple, but I don't wana take it away from you :( so in honor of keeping things colorful ....

I'm very young at heart too (or childish, take your pick) .. it's either uncles or grandads I suppose, never really had a family reunion, except maybe at my sisters wedding but that was obviously because of the wedding  ::) lol .. it was that impromptu story telling trick where you have 4 of a kind kings, queens, jacks and aces, put them into four piles, gather into one, cut twice and deal them out to reveal each pile as a four of a kind - to this day I still don't know it's actual name (oops) I'm still blown away by that trick lol I love your welcome sign, looks like something that could be a back design for a deck :) thank youuuuu

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:00:49 PM by brownmagician »

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 08:09:44 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:

oh Blue. That would be a nice change :) I think Teal would be also good and not so contrasting to the eyes. :)
OMG my sister did that once but I dunno what its called and she doesn't know either. She said a friend of hers taughter her. hahahah!

My first trick I learned is a Self working one from my uncle I think... or was it from my dad... I don't really remember because both of them were there, hahahah and I didnt even use poker cards. I used a Spanish tarot deck. :)
its something similar to a selfworking trick called "Further than that"

anyway. happy blue/teal )or whatever color you choose to post in) posting :)

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 08:15:18 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
now you have me posting in teal  :( lol .. i didnt use poker cards either, I used crappy 50p (80c) cheap plastic coated cards that I bought from the post office lol .. you'll very rarely find bicycle cards of any nature in th UK, i bought mine from costco though lol and th rest I've bought online

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 09:07:25 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:

There you go. Teal looks much better. :)

Really? you can't find bicycle cards there? man.... the U.S. really hoards the good stuff. hahahaha!!!! Well I can find some of them here in Beijing but not all. A lot of cards I can get from hong Kong when I visit there but yeah I get mine mainly online as well.

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 09:13:07 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Very very rarely - Costco have them but sell them in bricks but just standard bikes, nothing else .. Worldmagicshop is local to me, but they're prices r higher than what I find online .. I know right and they stole David beckham :( lol .. I need to sleep, good night :) (or hav a good evening rather lol)

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 01:48:59 PM »

ibrahimjaber

• Paranoid Polly
Welcome to The Discourse & Have a great time :)

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
erm, thanks?! You too