You are Here:
What to do with damaged deck from David Blaine.com

Author (Read 1362 times)

What to do with damaged deck from David Blaine.com
« on: October 26, 2012, 03:02:56 AM »

DC

• Forum Regular
I have bought 2 x 2 decks of White Lions (black label) from DavidBlaine.com and shipping method was USPS Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box.

The decks were wrapped with one layer of bubble wrap around the decks (2 in a row) and putted inside the Small Flat Rate Box.

Attached are images of the damaged parcel.

I have sent an email with attached images to davidblaine.com and only 1 email reply asking how many decks were damaged and from then on, no more reply from db.com.

Could someone kindly tell me where to go from here please?

Does anyone has similar experience with postal damaged parcel please?

Thank you very much for your kind attention and your advice is highly appreciated!

Re: What to do with damaged deck from David Blaine.com
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 05:46:56 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Email some more. Their customer service is slow, but good, from my experience.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 11:00:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Yikes!  That's one nasty-looking gash in both the package and the Black Labels.

The Postal Service is as perfect as any other government-run service - which is to say imperfect, though generally pretty good.  I've been fortunate to not have too many issues with damaged packages.

Yes, I agree with Alex - their service can be slow but it does work.  I ended up meeting David once in large part due to a customer service issue with a pair of damaged Variety Boxes.  If you haven't heard from them in a few days, drop them another line and reference your order number in the message, asking politely for an update.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 04:25:32 PM »

karak

• True Member
That is sad and looks like it was part of a magic trick gone wrong. Agreed with the others customer service has never steered me wrong with these kinds of things.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 06:23:21 AM »

DC

• Forum Regular
Thank you all of your advice. I will send them another email on Monday.

Do you usually ask for refund for this situation or just let them decide what to do?

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 08:44:19 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:

Do you usually ask for refund for this situation or just let them decide what to do?

I usually ask if there's anything they could do to help me out, and it would be highly appreciated.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 12:43:23 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Most often, they'll offer you a replacement for the damaged items.  On occasion, some companies might ask that you destroy the originals (like some people did with their rare but damaged E decks).  Either way, it's usually their choice, made with the intent of making you happy.

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 12:28:00 AM »

jhayel84

• True Member
Their customer service is a hit and miss when it  comes to replying but recently I had the same issues regarding my damaged WL series B red's and they pretty much replied to my emails wtihin 24-48 hours. I hope that they will action your query asap.

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 01:32:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Their customer service is a hit and miss when it  comes to replying but recently I had the same issues regarding my damaged WL series B red's and they pretty much replied to my emails wtihin 24-48 hours. I hope that they will action your query asap.

"Action your query?"  Let me guess - you're either from the UK or a former colony other than the United States...  :))

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »

DC

• Forum Regular
Thank your VERY MUCH everyone!

I emailed DB.com again and got a reply. They ask if I want a refund OR replacement to be sent.
I said "I would LOVE to have a replacement!" and it went silent on their side (I am not sure if they are in the process of sending the deck out...).

I then send them an email asking if they want me to send back the damaged deck together with the damaged Flat Rate Box with my shipping address included in this email yesterday.
Today, I got an email with the following reply:
"Normally we ask that you send back the king of spades, but this is the
worst damage I've ever seen to a deck so the picture is enough."

So I THINK they will be sending me a replacement deck! YES! (But don't know when...)

Thank you everyone for pointing me to the right direction!!!
THANK YOU, YOU PEOPLE ARE VERY KIND AND NICE!

Just another incident with SeasonsPlayingCards.com recently. Because I got the right direction/encouragement from you all, I am a bit braver this time!

I ordered 3 shipments from Seasons, and ONE got soaking wet (see attached images)
4 decks got dented (not very serious), but the card clip was defected (in my opinion).
I then send them an email telling them the WET parcel and see if they can help me with the clip.
They said they cannot help with the slight defects of the clip but will send me replacement decks for the 4 dented decks! Oh SEASONS (Jamie), THANK YOU! They are SO GOOD! They said I don't need to send back the dented decks! I will keep all these decks to remind me how GOOD they are!

I "WISH" I had came to this forum earlier.
When TheBlueCrown had their open sale for the Gold Crown Deck, I kindly asked them if I can join and they allowed me. They were one of the best in my eyes. So I ordered 4 decks HAPPLY!
When I got my parcel, the paper envelope was broken with a 3" hole at the bottom and because of the way they wrap the decks, I got 2 dented decks (a lot worst than Seasons one)! But then I was too afraid to mention the dented decks to them, I thought I have to TAKE it! I never knew they can be replaced!

Sorry people to bore you with my stories!
All I wanted to say to all of you is "THANK YOU!!!!"
Because of YOU, I got replacement decks!!!
I have to SAY IT LOUD - "THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO HELPED!!!"

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 10:12:07 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Thank your VERY MUCH everyone!

I emailed DB.com again and got a reply. They ask if I want a refund OR replacement to be sent.
I said "I would LOVE to have a replacement!" and it went silent on their side (I am not sure if they are in the process of sending the deck out...).

I then send them an email asking if they want me to send back the damaged deck together with the damaged Flat Rate Box with my shipping address included in this email yesterday.
Today, I got an email with the following reply:
"Normally we ask that you send back the king of spades, but this is the
worst damage I've ever seen to a deck so the picture is enough."

So I THINK they will be sending me a replacement deck! YES! (But don't know when...)

Thank you everyone for pointing me to the right direction!!!
THANK YOU, YOU PEOPLE ARE VERY KIND AND NICE!

Just another incident with SeasonsPlayingCards.com recently. Because I got the right direction/encouragement from you all, I am a bit braver this time!

I ordered 3 shipments from Seasons, and ONE got soaking wet (see attached images)
4 decks got dented (not very serious), but the card clip was defected (in my opinion).
I then send them an email telling them the WET parcel and see if they can help me with the clip.
They said they cannot help with the slight defects of the clip but will send me replacement decks for the 4 dented decks! Oh SEASONS (Jamie), THANK YOU! They are SO GOOD! They said I don't need to send back the dented decks! I will keep all these decks to remind me how GOOD they are!

I "WISH" I had came to this forum earlier.
When TheBlueCrown had their open sale for the Gold Crown Deck, I kindly asked them if I can join and they allowed me. They were one of the best in my eyes. So I ordered 4 decks HAPPLY!
When I got my parcel, the paper envelope was broken with a 3" hole at the bottom and because of the way they wrap the decks, I got 2 dented decks (a lot worst than Seasons one)! But then I was too afraid to mention the dented decks to them, I thought I have to TAKE it! I never knew they can be replaced!

Sorry people to bore you with my stories!
All I wanted to say to all of you is "THANK YOU!!!!"
Because of YOU, I got replacement decks!!!
I have to SAY IT LOUD - "THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO HELPED!!!"

If you still have those damaged decks from the Blue Crown, you should contact them about it and mention the issue.  Take some photos, though they may not bother asking to see the damages.  They've been very good about replacing damaged and defective products in the past.

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 03:30:22 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
Well,
i had to contact DB´s shop about a package which never arrived at my door.
The reply times were within 24hrs for the first mail,then 1 week of no news,i wrote again a email asking if they could track it for me,again reply within 24hrs saying they would check with USPS.
I waited another week before i contacted them again....and so on and on.
So if you want your answers keep sending mails.They usually reply to one mail and then they forget about it!
Anyways after nearly 3months of waiting sending mails back and forth they had sent out a replacement which did not arrive me so far (its only 3weeks since they had send it...lol)

PS: I told them that i wanted to order the WL Black Label from them but since the package i had ordered didnt arrived me, i did not placed a order for the WL Black Label at the DB Shop.
Then they replied if i would order Black Label decks they would throw in my replacements....i had ordered some from ebay meanwhile...why buying them twice? so i told them that i would place my next order only with the release of the Silver Split Spades Lions and that this would be a longer wait.
The next day after writing this mail,they had send out my replacements.
This was on October 20th. I summed up that the release of the SSS Lions would not be that early as we expected. (I think that they will be released on Black Friday)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:32:47 PM by cosmicsecret »
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 04:58:41 AM »

DC

• Forum Regular
Just some updates:

I have received the DB White Lion Black Label replacement deck, 2 Seasons PLATINUM replacement sets and the 2 Gold Crown replacement decks in late Nov and early Dec!

Very Happy!

Thank you for all your help!

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
This is why I'm not fond of buying things online in the wintertime.
Glad you got it all sorted out, though.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)