You are Here:
Substitute for magician's wax?

Author (Read 798 times)

Substitute for magician's wax?
« on: July 26, 2012, 01:44:50 PM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:
Anyone know a good substitute for magician's wax? More specifically I want something that will stick more to the surface i'm using more than the playing card I'm using it on.

Double stick tape tends to stick on the card more than glass and wooden surfaces so cross that out.

Thanks in advance
www.youtube.com/deckreview
The simplist card reviews on youtube

Re: Substitute for magician's wax?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 09:37:11 PM »

Curt

• Don't Use This!
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I have heard the orthodontist wax is decent, like the stuff they give you when you have braces. Maybe give that a shot and see how that goes.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 02:23:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Your best bet would be an adhesive tape like the one that comes with the WOW gimmick, not your standard office tape.  In the trick, you stick it to the back of one card and push another card onto it.  The second card always manages to release from the first when you pull it off, taking no tape with it.  The adhesive is stronger on one side than the other - the weaker side will eventually stop being adhesive any longer, but I'm using it in my gimmick for quite a while now and it's still acceptably adhesive.  If you stuck the weaker side to a card, exposed the stronger side, and threw the card (on the top of a deck) at a surface, you might get more adhesion on the surface than on the card, meaning the card would stick, but the tape would remain on the surface when the card is removed.  Even better - both adhesive sides don't leave any kind of stains on the cards they get attached to, unlike what some adhesives would do.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 01:28:59 PM »

ibrahimjaber

• Paranoid Polly
I use Mesika's wax
Sticks very good to everything except skin