NEW DECK- Split Spades Silver Edition

Author (Read 34004 times)

Re: NEW DECK- Split Spades Silver Edition
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2012, 03:16:41 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I have the series B.

I also see a custom brick box. Nice. Was lucky to get myself a brick.

« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2012, 06:46:35 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
I have the series B.

Those pictures posted in this thread do not show custom brick boxes or?
I mean i can see those 3 back designs placed on the white standard brick boxes....can´t tell from the pictures
if they are actually printed on the box or just being single cards placed on top of the boxes.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 06:55:38 PM by cosmicsecret »
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2012, 07:38:03 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I have the series B.

I mean i can see those 3 back designs placed on the white standard brick boxes....can´t tell from the pictures
if they are actually printed on the box or just being single cards placed on top of the boxes.
They are printed on the boxes.
- Adam

« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2012, 07:58:23 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
I have the series B.

Nice to hear! Is just the top of the brick box printed or the sides as well?
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2012, 08:04:51 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I have the series B.

Nice to hear! Is just the top of the brick box printed or the sides as well?
The top of the box has the card printed on it and on the left and right sides it has David Blaines logo.   Everything else is plain white.
- Adam

« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2012, 09:21:26 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Sorry to double post.   But I just found something interesting.   I have been busy with nursing school but just sat down to open up my first deck of Split Spades Silver Editions.   After taking off the cellophane and examining the box; I noticed that my deck has been double sealed (one seal on top of the other).   So I start going through the rest of my cards and find almost all of my 36 decks have been double sealed.  So when I peeled off the top seal i found the same seal underneath but upside down.   So I'm thinking there was an error in placing the seal upside down or something and they tried to fix it?   I also did in fact find some decks with seals facing the opposite way.   The first picture are the decks with seals facing the opposite way.   The second picture is of a double sealed deck and I don't know what happened to the deck in the third picture.   Its under the cellophane though.   Did you guys find this with your decks too?
- Adam

« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2012, 09:32:03 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Sorry to double post.   But I just found something interesting.   I have been busy with nursing school but just sat down to open up my first deck of Split Spades Silver Editions.   After taking off the cellophane and examining the box; I noticed that my deck has been double sealed (one seal on top of the other).   So I start going through the rest of my cards and find almost all of my 36 decks have been double sealed.  So when I peeled off the top seal i found the same seal underneath but upside down.   So I'm thinking there was an error in placing the seal upside down or something and they tried to fix it?   I also did in fact find some decks with seals facing the opposite way.   The first picture are the decks with seals facing the opposite way.   The second picture is of a double sealed deck and I don't know what happened to the deck in the third picture.   Its under the cellophane though.   Did you guys find this with your decks too?

The deck i opened did indeed have a double seal. Not sure if the bottom seal was upside down i removed both seals at once :P.

On a side note what do you think the stock and finish is?
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2012, 09:52:42 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

The deck i opened did indeed have a double seal. Not sure if the bottom seal was upside down i removed both seals at once :P .

On a side note what do you think the stock and finish is?
Feels like a standard bicycle stock with magic finish to me.   Definitely not a thick stock like the original Split Spades.   But that doesn't mean I don't love them cause I do.
- Adam

« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2012, 10:00:18 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
Feels like a standard bicycle stock with magic finish to me.   Definitely not a thick stock like the original Split Spades.   But that doesn't mean I don't love them cause I do.

You can't really beat a Bike stock magic finish deck for under 3 dollars a deck :P. Did you find the blue box error on the jack of clubs?
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2012, 10:02:22 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

You can't really beat a Bike stock magic finish deck for under 3 dollars a deck :P . Did you find the blue box error on the jack of clubs?
True dat.   Blue box error?
- Adam

« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer

You can't really beat a Bike stock magic finish deck for under 3 dollars a deck :P . Did you find the blue box error on the jack of clubs?
True dat.   Blue box error?

*I tried to take a picture but i couldn't get it clear enough*

The box that surrounds the jack itself, 1 side of the blue outline is much thicker then the other side.

« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2012, 11:00:23 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Oh wow.   I just looked it at.   Good find john.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 11:00:45 PM by Knobz1 »
- Adam

« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2012, 11:01:20 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
Oh wow.   I just looked it.   Good find john.

Thank you. Thank you. :karrit:

Its also on all of the Series B decks.

« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2012, 11:03:17 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Oh wow.   I just looked it.   Good find john.

Thank you. Thank you. :Karita:

Its also on all of the Series B decks.
Didn't know that either.
- Adam

« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2012, 11:52:43 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Haha, looks like DB might have rushed the release... just a tad bit.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2012, 11:58:53 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Haha, looks like DB might have rushed the release... just a tad bit.

Either that or USPC screwed up the work, both the Jack-in-the-Box and the double stickers.  They probably applied the stickers the wrong way to start with and to "fix" the mistake they applied a second sticker on the same boxes oriented the correct way.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2012, 12:01:41 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Still haven't received mine. Nice finding the mistake in the JoC. Didnt notice them up till just now when I went to verify my series Bs. How about the courts? Are they white lion Series A, Series B or split spades lions courts or another variant?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:02:48 AM by Siegismyname »

« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2012, 03:38:53 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
After John mentioning the fact about the thick border i compared the Bicycle Skull & Bones KoS with the White Lions KoS.
Dont ask me why :)

For me its David Blaine himself on both KoS!

« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2012, 04:46:55 PM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Just checked my decks and I have the same errors with the JoC and the seal. No wonder it was a pain in my ass to break the seal on the deck I carry.
Creator of Legacy, The Grid, Grid 2.0 & Mythos: Necronomicon Bicycle® Playing Cards. CEO of 4PM DESIGNS.

« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2012, 09:18:34 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
After John mentioning the fact about the thick border i compared the Bicycle Skull & Bones KoS with the White Lions KoS.
Dont ask me why :)

For me its David Blaine himself on both KoS!
It has always been him for the conjuring cards decks and all Blaine decks. The JoC on the White Lions series A and B is Dan and Dave just so you know, although the JoC is different in A and B but it's still suppose to resemble them. ;)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:26:11 PM by Siegismyname »

« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2012, 09:30:04 PM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I went through my brick and found the following deck. One deck which seemed like they tried to remove the seal and a chunk of the cut with the seal portion got sealed in the deck. Pretty interesting. If you look at the top thumb cut, you can see on the right that the cut is significantly larger on that side.

Creator of Legacy, The Grid, Grid 2.0 & Mythos: Necronomicon Bicycle® Playing Cards. CEO of 4PM DESIGNS.

« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2012, 11:59:21 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
If you guys are still trying to identify the faces on the Split Spades, this might help:

http://playingcards.wikidot.com/split-spades:original
http://playingcards.wikidot.com/split-spades:lions

The Playing Card Wiki is a good site, though it's pretty out of date and doesn't get updated frequently enough.

They have articles on the Bee and White Lions decks, but neither makes mention of the custom faces.

« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2012, 04:19:14 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
Does anyone know if DB customer service has a phone number or something more personal then email?

« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2012, 11:23:33 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Does anyone know if DB customer service has a phone number or something more personal then email?

Other than email, there's snail mail.  No phone number.

The email's not too bad now - I got a response eariler today (Tuesday) to an inquiry I made only hours earlier.  It probably has to do with having a dedicated warehouse in Connecticut rather than shipping from the offices as they were doing previously.

My issue was with a pack of "sepia box" blue Split Spades Lions.  I was simply told to mail it to them for a replacement.

« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2012, 12:55:25 AM »

twiscold

• Forum Regular
Mail it to me don I ll mail you the replacement lol