The Timeless Deck, due out in mid-June

Author (Read 1951 times)

The Timeless Deck, due out in mid-June
« on: June 02, 2012, 04:07:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
This comes from the UK retailer Bicycle Playing Card Supplies.  The deck is based on timepieces both big and small, with a decidedly Victorian style overall.  I like the back - it looks like the insides of a watch.  It's being released by Russ Stevens of RSVP Magic and appears to be a USPC deck - at the least, they used a USPC tuck box template.

http://www.bicycleplayingcardsupplies.com/en/blog/11-amazing-brand-new-deck-sneak-preview
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: The Timeless Deck, due out in mid-June
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 05:21:40 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
The Jack of Hearts looks like Johnny Depp's characters Charlie and the Chocolate Factory guy!
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 06:43:45 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Very nice deck of cards, love the back design. Queen of diamonds is sexy, lol  8)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 06:44:11 AM by Joker and the Thief »
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 10:41:48 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Meh, I'll pass. I can see the work that went into the court cards but I don't like the overall look and don't understand why the clocks are there.

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 11:02:10 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I think I'll pass on these too. The court cards have nice artwork but it's not my style and I don't really like the back design.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

okay. Wonka meets Carmen San Diego. Lol
I'll pass on this I think. Although the back design is kinda nice. :P
But I don't like the court cards so much. but maybe there will be some changes to this deck. It is already printed? or going to be Printed?

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 12:36:54 PM »

vmagic

I think it looks nice and will definitely pick up a couple at least.

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 01:49:04 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Meh, I'll pass. I can see the work that went into the court cards but I don't like the overall look and don't understand why the clocks are there.

It's the deck's THEME - y'know, TIMELESS...

It seems to evoke a somewhat steampunk feel to it, while not actually being all that steampunk.  I could picture this as a deck used by a character in a steampunk novel or movie...

okay. Wonka meets Carmen San Diego. Lol
I'll pass on this I think. Although the back design is kinda nice. :P
But I don't like the court cards so much. but maybe there will be some changes to this deck. It is already printed? or going to be Printed?

Considering that it's due out in roughly two weeks, I'd say the designs are pretty much set in stone by now, or at least set in printing plates...  My subject even says "due out in mid-June."

They're magician-made, so there's a good chance there will be reveals and maybe a one-way mark, or perhaps even suit-&-value marks on the backs.

For those of you who didn't like the court cards, what about them did you not like?

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 09:34:18 AM »

DidoDido

• True Member

• Facebook:
don`t u guys think this is perfect deck of cards for card related mentalist tricks !! lol
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 09:34:37 AM by cji1321 »

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 01:00:37 PM »

ItsMagicITellYou~

• True Member
don`t u guys think this is perfect deck of cards for card related mentalist tricks !! lol

i was JUST gonna say that! i wouldnt use this in a casual routine or anything but i really like the vibes of this deck, and how detailed the artwork is :D i just hope they handle as well as they look!

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 05:12:19 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
I like them,depending on the price (below 7USD) i might get myself a brick.
They are made for magicians.
Russ Stevens is well known in the magic business and i gurantee you guys : This guy puts out quality products which do not dissapoint.
So i doubt that this deck will dissapoint.

Taking the 12 court cards and give each card a different time would have been great,but from the sneak peek pictures we can see
that the jacks do have the same time on the clock.Well we don´t know what they have hidden in the design or what purpose the clocks will have for tricks.

I´m also curious about the included gaffed cards. hopefully a blank face & double backer card. ;)
Deep inside my thoughts i was hoping for a animated back design where the arms of the clock rotate....that would be a great design/deck for a back in time triumph themed routine.  8)

Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 09:53:23 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I like them,depending on the price (below 7USD) i might get myself a brick.
They are made for magicians.
Russ Stevens is well known in the magic business and i gurantee you guys : This guy puts out quality products which do not dissapoint.
So i doubt that this deck will dissapoint.

Taking the 12 court cards and give each card a different time would have been great,but from the sneak peek pictures we can see
that the jacks do have the same time on the clock.Well we don´t know what they have hidden in the design or what purpose the clocks will have for tricks.

I´m also curious about the included gaffed cards. hopefully a blank face & double backer card. ;)
Deep inside my thoughts i was hoping for a animated back design where the arms of the clock rotate....that would be a great design/deck for a back in time triumph themed routine.  8)

You're pretty much on the money re what you wanted in this deck.  Alakazam Magic in the UK has them for UKP7.99.  This is their description.

Welcome to the Timeless Deck from RSVP.

Created by USPCC on Air Cushion Finish Bicycle Stock, these cards are truly stunning in every way and fantastic to handle and use.

Timeless is a fully customized deck based around the workings of clock mechanisms.

Built into this very special deck are the following unique features:

Each custom designed court card depicts a different hour of the day and these have been printed in 'Chased' order allowing for some superb effects that are unique only to this deck. Ideas are limited only by your imagination.

Includes one custom designed Joker, a duplicate King of Diamonds with a different time feature that allows for the effect of moving a time to the predicted one, a duplicate Jack of Spades with a broken clock face and one double backer.

These cards are available in limited numbers.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:55:26 AM by Don Boyer »