NEW DECK: Trilby Deck
« on: February 06, 2012, 03:17:23 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
"THE TRILBY DECK - coming soon from BBM & Kaymar Magic. (Available at Blackpool Magic Convention). It's a doozy folks!" -BBM

Re: NEW DECK: Trilby Deck
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 03:26:01 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Okay now this one looks cool!! I only have one BBM deck and it was one I picked up when I first started collecting. This looks like it could be pretty cool. Just from that picture it looks like they are moving away from skulls (maybe?). I'm looking forward to this collaboration piece.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:29:12 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
No skulls? Are you sure it's BBM!?

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 07:32:09 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Well it's a collaboration so it's not just BBM. It looks like it's more of a bundle though. A gaffed deck plus two special Bicycle decks. Not sure if those "special bicycle decks" are ungaffed Trilby decks or not.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 07:49:35 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
are they going to be selling this in a website or not on the internet ??

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 07:59:39 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
are they going to be selling this in a website or not on the internet ??

On the internet. I don't think BBM have a retail store, but I'm not sure about Kaymar Magic
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 08:00:25 PM by brown_baggs »

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 08:10:45 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
It says that they will be sold at Blackpool Magic Convention but I think it will be sold online too.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 08:27:35 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Oh okay! I figured online because that's the website they link on the teaser picture. Do you have any info on the gaff deck and the two additional "special" Bicycle decks?

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 08:36:32 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
right now i saw the big blind media store and there is a place for these in there store.

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 08:51:59 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Looks like it will be sold here: http://www.bigblindmedia.com/store.html

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 03:07:42 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I could be wrong, but I think the ad showed it was for two "special" Bicycle decks - meaning the gaff cards would be in the deck.  Regardless, it sounds interesting; I love getting gaff cards, though I'm still pretty terrible at using them aside from the few that are fairly simple, little skill required...  I have to bump up my sleight of hand skills a notch for good gaff work.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 05:00:14 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I don't think this is a new deck but rather a trick that uses a gaffed deck and instructions on how to do it, much like their Annihilation Deck, which when you buy it is a standard red rider back and instructions.

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah I wasn't sure if that's what they are going with or if it is a gaff system that comes with two decks that haven't been released before... do you follow what I'm saying?

I could see it being just a gaff deck or a set of gaff decks, but it's hard to tell from what information we have

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 07:29:53 PM »

IAmTheChin

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular

• Facebook:
From my experience collab projects almost always pump good results.
SEASONS Playing Cards - Changing Design

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 08:30:25 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
OOOOOoooh, spooky... No, just kidding. Ugh, another deck! I thought this deck releasing mania/fury had slowed down since Christmas! Apparently not  :-\

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 11:41:17 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
OOOOOoooh, spooky... No, just kidding. Ugh, another deck! I thought this deck releasing mania/fury had slowed down since Christmas! Apparently not  :-\

Well it did slow down just a little bit for a while, but it's starting to pick back up now a little. I think that's just how it's going to be with the community growing and whatnot. Eventually it'll slow down again.

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 01:09:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I don't think this is a new deck but rather a trick that uses a gaffed deck and instructions on how to do it, much like their Annihilation Deck, which when you buy it is a standard red rider back and instructions.

Yeah I wasn't sure if that's what they are going with or if it is a gaff system that comes with two decks that haven't been released before... do you follow what I'm saying?

I could see it being just a gaff deck or a set of gaff decks, but it's hard to tell from what information we have

Well, yeah.  It's not in the Karnival Cards section of BBM's site, so it's not like a regular Karnival deck.  The Annihilation Deck is indeed a standard Rider Back with instructions to make it into an Annihilation Deck.  This Trilby two-deck set is likely not that much different from buying a gaff deck from Ellusionist - it will either be all gaffs, or some gaffs mixed in with standard Rider Back cards.  Either way, I'm interested.  (Also interested in the Annihilation Deck, but money only goes so far...)

This is a magic deck set, not a standard deck release.  Two modified packs of Rider Backs.

Buying always slows across the board in January, not just with card companies - people are paying for the spending they did in December, so they're a little tight for the month.  It usually begins to pick up in February, especially in any retail sector having to do with Valentine's Day gifts/events.  Additionally, clothing companies often have their spring line-up out by the beginning of February, if not sooner.

BBM just released three decks, all redesigns of previous decks, and have the Inferno deck in the wings - yes, there's been a pick-up.

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 01:15:34 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Well, yeah.  It's not in the Karnival Cards section of BBM's site, so it's not like a regular Karnival deck.  The Annihilation Deck is indeed a standard Rider Back with instructions to make it into an Annihilation Deck.  This Trilby two-deck set is likely not that much different from buying a gaff deck from Ellusionist - it will either be all gaffs, or some gaffs mixed in with standard Rider Back cards.  Either way, I'm interested.  (Also interested in the Annihilation Deck, but money only goes so far...)

This is a magic deck set, not a standard deck release.  Two modified packs of Rider Backs.

Buying always slows across the board in January, not just with card companies - people are paying for the spending they did in December, so they're a little tight for the month.  It usually begins to pick up in February, especially in any retail sector having to do with Valentine's Day gifts/events.  Additionally, clothing companies often have their spring line-up out by the beginning of February, if not sooner.

BBM just released three decks, all redesigns of previous decks, and have the Inferno deck in the wings - yes, there's been a pick-up.
I wouldn`t really consider the reprints of old decks new decks more just reprints. I say this because they didn`t really hype them much and they said they printed them because supply was running low on their decks.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 01:18:50 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Well we really don't that for sure. I would suspect it wouldn't be in the Karnival deck page because it's not a Karnival deck. It's a collaboration deck. The only reason I think this could be the case is because of the wording in the ad. It said it came with two special Bicycle decks. Could one be a gaff deck and the other a normal non gaff deck? I know that this is unlikely but we really don't know for sure yet.

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 04:23:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I wouldn`t really consider the reprints of old decks new decks more just reprints. I say this because they didn`t really hype them much and they said they printed them because supply was running low on their decks.

No matter how you look at them, they're three new PRODUCTS, all of which are standard playing cards, non-magical and non-gaffed aside from the reveals.  Since they're not completely identical to the original runs, they're legitimate "version 2" decks and not simply a new print run - even if two of the decks are different only in packaging.

Aren't the Karnivals limited-run decks in the first place?  Sure, they've been around like, forever, but will that hold true into the immediate future?

Well we really don't that for sure. I would suspect it wouldn't be in the Karnival deck page because it's not a Karnival deck. It's a collaboration deck. The only reason I think this could be the case is because of the wording in the ad. It said it came with two special Bicycle decks. Could one be a gaff deck and the other a normal non gaff deck? I know that this is unlikely but we really don't know for sure yet.

It's a magic deck set, period.  Even if one of the decks is totally bog-standard.  It's not a new playing card deck release.  If either (or BOTH) of the decks aren't gaffed in some way, they're probably plain Bikes with some gaff cards included.  Usually the ad material will describe what it comes with - "special Bicycle decks" would seem to say they aren't the ordinary off-the-shelf models sold at places like Wal-Mart, Target and nearly any corner drugstore.

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 08:23:42 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
so many awesome deck coming out .. cannot really cope with it

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 09:51:42 AM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
Does this deck have any relation to The Trilby Connection DVDs?  I'm not sure of the origin of the word Trilby, but I knew I'd seen it somewhere before in the magic world.  After some brain wracking I remembered.  Thoughts?
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 01:27:27 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Although these are some sort of gaffed deck, they still are a new deck of playing cards. It is difficult for me to take out enough money for all the new decks coming out. I will pass on these.

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
you can already purchase  the trilby deck on big blind media store .

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 07:01:56 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
you can already purchase  the trilby deck on big blind media store .

Yup! Thanks Frost!

http://www.bigblindmedia.com/product-trilbydeck.html
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 11:10:14 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
thank for the link !!
haiz my wallet empty T.T too many deck skulkor spectrum tendril living deck all coming out stress ar

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 11:15:43 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I'm still doubtful. Is it a new deck (i.e. a gaff deck) or just a regular rider back deck with tutorials to some tricks?

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 12:30:48 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm still doubtful. Is it a new deck (i.e. a gaff deck) or just a regular rider back deck with tutorials to some tricks?

It's no regular Rider Back, based on the description given.  Capable of functioning as an improved Svengali, an improved Stripper and an improved Color-Changer, all in the same two-deck set...  Not a plain set o' Bikes.  If I had to guess, I'd say they were exactly the same deck done in red and blue, which would be where the color changer comes into play.  Start with all red, then go to half-red, transpose the colors, then go all blue...  Two decks would be the simplest way, but it does sound like it needs some serious sleight of hand to make it work.  For all I know, it could even be the Bicycle version of Phoenix's Double Decker, without the markings.

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 12:35:55 AM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
thank for the link !!
haiz my wallet empty T.T too many deck skulkor spectrum tendril living deck all coming out stress ar

agree with you.. you were one of them who won something from skulkor right? thought your name looked familiar..