Red Arcane

Author (Read 17466 times)

Re: Red Arcane
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2013, 06:32:02 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Do you think they will be released for non black club members? If not, ellusionist may have a new member soon.

Like all new Ellusionist releases, unless specifically stated as a Black Club exclusive, it goes to BC members for twenty-four hours THEN to the world at large.  But when something is very limited, there's a chance it'll sell out before those twenty-four hours are over.  If the "hundreds" they're talking about are the low hundreds, it could either happen or come close to it.

I'm passing.  I have more uncuts than I know what to do with and I haven't purchased a single one!  I like them as gifts, but I'm not up for paying for them.

You guys do remember when Jake/Xntrix mentioned that the Red Arcane existed as a prototype but not in the conventional sense?  An uncut sheet would fit the bill.

Surely after they first discovered a supposedly misplaced/hidden several hundred uncut sheets in the warehouse they would have gone looking for more treasures.

So, next up would be "Sultan Republic Lost Ark of the Covenant Edition"?  :))

I don't think E would want to release a limited deck anytime soon. Everytime on their facebook page when a new deck is being released half of the comments are along the lines of, "I hope this deck isn't a limited release." It shits me to tears...

Hmm...  I've never heard of anyone or anything being "shat to tears"...  I'm not even clear on what that means!

But it is only a matter of time before their next limited-edition release comes out.  The ones they have at present are running out, with the possible exceptions of red LTD and maybe Sultan Republic Treasury Edition.  The last time they even offered rare decks was at the holidays and Black Ghost First Edition wasn't on the list.  Now they've completely halted the tiered-gift program in exchange for some future "recognition points" reward program that appears to be months off schedule.

The idea of accumulating points over a series of purchases is appealing, but the idea of tossing your points down for a single gift is kinda lame compared to the old method of tiers.  While it was a pain to come up with enough cash to make a big-tier purchase, getting something from all the tiers below as well made it seem worthwhile.  Plus we have yet to see the "exchange rate" on these points - we're left to guess whether it's reasonable, generous or stingy until they finally unveil it properly.  The way it works now, exchanging points for purchase discounts, seems a bit stingy in terms of the number of points equaling one dollar of merchandise: spend a dollar, get a point; spend twenty points, get a dollar off a purchase.  This is simply a limited 5% discount based on how much shopping you've done with them before.  It beats a kick in the teeth, but it makes me wonder how many points you'd need for some of the "gifts" they have yet to announce.

If it used to be that you had to buy, for example, $75 worth of merch for a Blue Masters deck, will you now have to accumulate 1,500 points instead?  And for something like that fancy new Lucite case with a rare deck in it, formerly tiered at $475 - would that cost (gasp) 9,500?  (And include NONE of the lesser-points items?)  If so, I might earn that in about ten years at my current rate of points collecting - I've got a lifetime total of under 600 points since the point system started about a half-year ago.  It could take me a solid year-plus just to get that Masters deck!  People would practically have to buy up half the store to get the points they wanted in a reasonable amount of time.  And worse, the Black Club discount I presently get would actually make it take just a little LONGER to get those points, if they're tallying the points based on the total before shipping costs and not the pre-discounted total.  The two programs are actually at odds with each other.

Well, enough off-topic ranting, it's time for my meds...  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2013, 08:47:28 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Surely after they first discovered a supposedly misplaced/hidden several hundred uncut sheets in the warehouse they would have gone looking for more treasures.

They might even stumble upon some Red Rounders... Who knows?... :P

Hmm...  I've never heard of anyone or anything being "shat to tears"...  I'm not even clear on what that means!

I guess it's more of an Australian thing (slang). If I'm not wrong, agera94 is from the Gold Coast. It means really annoyed or being pissed off. I actually haven't heard the phrase for a while though.
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2013, 10:13:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I guess it's more of an Australian thing (slang). If I'm not wrong, agera94 is from the Gold Coast. It means really annoyed or being pissed off. I actually haven't heard the phrase for a while though.

I guess that's like being called a "whippersnapper" today...  Outdated colloquialism.

« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2013, 11:27:38 AM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Btw, Red Arcane are here...the uncut sheets.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 11:29:19 AM by mirciusx »
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2013, 12:17:40 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Btw, Red Arcane are here...the uncut sheets.

This has been the topic of discussion in this exact thread. Please just scroll up and you won't have to post what we've already seen.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2013, 02:28:59 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I just reread this thread...

The funniest parts were the ones where people were shitting on loldudex2 for being dumb enough to believe the fake image when he, along with like 5 others, was in on it.

Then E was like "HOLYCRAPS good idea lets 'find' some prototypes in our warehouse and sell  them!"
Forum Founder.

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2013, 03:06:18 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
At the bottom of each USPCC uncut, it has the date which it was printed. If anyone purchased this item, please let us know the date so we know if this is a prototype from years back, or just a new scheme.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2013, 06:27:48 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
When we decided to print a limited edition Arcane deck, we played with idea of two different colors. Gold and Red. After reviewing them both, we decided to go with gold. We had a small run of Red Arcane sheets printed that we intended to use for E staff and exclusive artists.

We recently pulled them out and offered them to Black Club....

The response was amazing. We're offering a small number for general release, after which we've reserved another 50 sheets which will go into the Black Club until they're gone.

Only 250 sheets will be offered.

Email update from E
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2013, 06:36:04 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
250 prototypes... Still smells a little fishy. Oh well, if someone here buys one please let us all know when they were printed please.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2013, 07:50:50 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Does anyone besides me think that if they are finding hidden treasures, their warehouse must look like the government warehouse in the final scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark? The ink may still be wet on these sheets! :-)

Send in your request for the next "hidden treasure" that you'd like for them to "find"!

Woo-hoo, 100 posts! Badge me, baby! :-))
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 07:52:46 PM by BiggerDee »

« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2013, 08:30:57 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
This has been the topic of discussion in this exact thread. Please just scroll up and you won't have to post what we've already seen.

I didn't notice, even I checked the last posts. Maybe I jumped over a page...here is 4am and almost all the time I am a little tired because of time zone difference. Because I am also in BC, I get the same email...
Thank you, Michael.

LE. I read the last posts. I will buy one uncut sheet and I will be back with the release date. If will be a deck, I'm in. I love the red on black more than others Arcane decks.
Because I am from Europe, I am sorry that Rounders are out of stock. I got one deck for free and another brick with 5% off. Not to much for my future "magic" deck...I want another brick and maybe 12-24 of Red Rounders. Also I wanted to be the last order for the next 6 months, but it looks that I must wait another 1-2 months for reds.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:01:53 PM by mirciusx »

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2013, 10:28:58 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I was thinking it was like warehouse 13 in there. Find something new everyday. I wish they would let us take tours of the place see what treasures we can find. So do we think there are only the uncuts or decks too?
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2013, 11:44:03 PM »

yukito

• Newcomer
Anyone know how come the international  shipment for ellusionist is more expensive than other company  ?

« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2013, 12:11:15 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
Anyone know how come the international  shipment for ellusionist is more expensive than other company  ?

No idea. Ellusionist and many others have huge shipping rates that don't make any sense. I love ordering from CARC because they have the cheapest shipping a rates around. Maybe shipping, handling, and insurance? With tracking too?

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2013, 02:16:40 AM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

I send all the decks to a friend in US and after a few months of collecting, he will send one big package to Europe. Shipping for this package with almost 170-200 decks and a few uncuts will be close to 100$. I begin to collect in December and I will wait until May...so, are 5 months of waiting.

« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2013, 04:25:19 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

No idea, but I made a comment on one of the revelations videos about opening up a UK based ellusionist. One of the E crew replied that they have some big news regarding international shipping - this was a couple months back though so god knows when it will come into play, unless it already has :/

« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2013, 08:20:39 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I'm pretty sure the wide variations in shipping prices between companies are due to some including full insurance for loss and damage and some only partial or none at all.
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2013, 10:08:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm pretty sure the wide variations in shipping prices between companies are due to some including full insurance for loss and damage and some only partial or none at all.

I think it has much more to do with the costs of international shipping, insurance and tracking.  The US Postal Service raised its rates earlier this year, and they're still cheaper in most cases than private parcel companies.  They appear to have a contract deal with UPS, so the least of their services is cheaper, but that service isn't available for international shipments.  Plus someone's got to get paid for filling out those Customs forms.

No idea, but I made a comment on one of the revelations videos about opening up a UK based ellusionist. One of the E crew replied that they have some big news regarding international shipping - this was a couple months back though so god knows when it will come into play, unless it already has :/

I'm more inclined to think they're planning to open a European fulfillment center - seems more cost effective to get packages to Europe that way, right?  But judging from what everyone's saying here about costs, it doesn't appear ready for prime time yet.

« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2013, 10:01:40 PM »

Shade

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
  • "Better 2 Burn Out - Than Fade Away!"
250 prototypes... Still smells a little fishy. Oh well, if someone here buys one please let us all know when they were printed please.

02/10/2010 - always second guessing and not trusting E, shame on you guys  >:(

Boy does the red on black really look good, especially the courts.

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2013, 08:29:29 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
A resurrection is needed .. God I love the black club :)

"A couple of things. First, we're so glad you're part of the elite Black Club. Thanks for being part of the Ellusionist family. I hope you're happy with all the perks, free downloads, free items, and extra special "before-anyone-else" releases.

Next, we've got a new, rare deck for you. A free Red Arcane DECK - fresh off the presses. Perfect for the Holiday season that is upon us!

We got too many comments not to run a deck on the Red Arcane, so we did.

THIS IS A SMALL, LIMITED RUN

Remember the tier gifts we usually do at Christmas each year? Well, we will be offering the Red Arcane at that time as part of the tier promotion, BUT we wanted you to have one AT NO COST way before anyone else can get their hands on them.

Especially because when all the new products release Day ONE of our Holiday Giveaway (like Messado Rings and The Gaff System etc) we won't be able to give you the same 24 hour pre-sale notice due to the complications of the prize system we're starting then. So we apologize for that!

HOW TO GET ONE: The next time you order anything shippable from Ellusionist, all you have to do is use the coupon code xxxxxxxxxxx at checkout and the Red Arcane Deck will be sent to you at no cost! (Yes - it's limited to one per Member).

When you've received your deck in the mail please LET US KNOW! We want to hear what you think. Jump onto Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram and tell us how you like it...... as a Black Club member you've earned the bragging rights.

Here are the few rules with this free offer....

• Order within two weeks of receiving this email (by November 14th)
   That's it!

You guys are the best, hope you like the deck. I'll be looking for any comments you have about it. Have a great Holiday this year!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:22:31 PM by Nurul »

« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2013, 09:20:32 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Indeed! I was waiting for this deck for a looong time! :D

« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2013, 10:02:30 PM »

vmagic

I don't think I will believe anything any of these companies say any more on the forums or elsewhere. Ellusionist are liars, D&D are liars, Blue Crown are probably the worst, and Theory11 ain't no saint either, lol. That being said though i'm still getting the deck, lol. I think they are really doing this to try and entice people to join or rejoin the club now that the 1 year memberships are almost done.

« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2013, 01:18:51 AM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
I wonder if you'd still get the deck if you joined now.

« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2013, 01:22:58 AM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
I wonder if you'd still get the deck if you joined now.

I just sent them an email with that same question about 30 minutes ago.  I'll post their response. 

« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2013, 01:30:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I don't think I will believe anything any of these companies say any more on the forums or elsewhere. Ellusionist are liars, D&D are liars, Blue Crown are probably the worst, and Theory11 ain't no saint either, lol. That being said though i'm still getting the deck, lol. I think they are really doing this to try and entice people to join or rejoin the club now that the 1 year memberships are almost done.

I doubt that they were actually lying...  It looks like things took place in this order.

1) They considered and designed a red Arcane deck.
2) They did a test print of uncuts.
3) For whatever reason, it wasn't made.
4) The uncuts go on sale.
5) People eat 'em up, love the design, beg E to actually make the deck.
6) Seeing an opportunity, they make the deck as a holiday 2013 premium.
7) They toss Black Club members a free deck - in essence, tossing them a bone to make them happy they're members, also making them more inclined to renew said membership, which by now has pretty much paid for itself or is close to it for most members.

I'm happy I'm in the Black Club, that's for sure.  It wasn't cheap, but it was worth it in the end.