Bicycle Dark Templar (KS)

Author (Read 8329 times)

Re: Bicycle Dark Templar (KS)
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2013, 03:37:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

This is the guy that supposedly did the art for Elites decks. It bothers me that they are using someone else's work, and did not disclose at the beginning. The could have just put a blurb- Some art by Vuk. or something like that

I'll grant you that.  But to me, this is one of the least practical decks I've seen in a long time, and I can't imagine that artwork surviving the USPC presses intact without looking like a mud puddle.  I think there's going to be more than enough disappointment to go around when this deck starts landing in people's mailboxes - assuming it doesn't become the next Founders deck.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Bicycle Dark Templar (KS)
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2013, 09:15:50 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
I'm very suspicious about this deck.  Especially when they said this:

Hey guys,

We have reached the $25,000 stretch goal! This means that we'll request USPC to make a special custom finish just for our cards. The cards will feel extra smooth when you play with them, and the ink will be better sealed. The custom finish improves the performance and makes the cards last longer.

We are currently designing some exciting new rewards and we'll update you soon.

Now let's move to the next stretch goal: metallic inks!

Thank you very much,

Mike & Wayne

Now they have metallic inks.  The way the USPCC described it to me.  It is either metallic or it is not.  There is no shading.  So, Don might be right if this deck is produced it might look like mud.  I do agree that they should have stated "Hey, we are a couple of guys making a deck of cards and we are using some else's art.  Back us please!!!  Time will see...