You are Here:
Madison Dealers by Ellusionist

Author (Read 32319 times)

Re: Red Rounders? ( a.k.a Madison Dealers )
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2013, 12:13:21 AM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
I dont know if i should order 12 decks just for the scarlet one... I could squeeze some money but... damn ellusionist... i dont want to :(

The cards seem so elegant... and they are marked X_X i haven been really lazy about my magic lately so it would be amazing to own these cards....

DAMN!!!!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:24:41 AM by hecrob »
Form Follows Function

« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2013, 10:34:26 AM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Anybody have an idea what time of day E usually releases their decks?

It should be around 1pm PST / 4pm EST, or thereabouts.

« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2013, 01:00:22 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
I dont know if i should order 12 decks just for the scarlet one... I could squeeze some money but... damn ellusionist... i dont want to :(

The cards seem so elegant... and they are marked X_X i haven been really lazy about my magic lately so it would be amazing to own these cards....

DAMN!!!!

One glance at the availability of the red decks, and I know I'm never going to own one.
But still... DAMN. The red faces of the deck are practically designed for a red back! Green just clashes with the face cards.
ELLUSIONIST!  >:(
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2013, 05:20:42 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

DAMN!!!!

One glance at the availability of the red decks, and I know I'm never going to own one.
But still... DAMN. The red faces of the deck are practically designed for a red back! Green just clashes with the face cards.

The Scarlet Dealers actually are not that difficult to get. I guess you've had some bad experiences in the past where you have just about told yourself why bother?

I don't get the GREEN color either. Yes, expert at the card table "the book" is GREEN but is that because of S. W. Erdnase OR the publisher of the book when it first got published? I don't see how Dealers being GREEN is some sort of tribute or association to S. W. Erdnase other then the fact Ellusionist/Madison decided to call it Erdnase green? Step into 1902? Why? Because the deck is Green? Huh?

In the end, its a marked Madison deck. Right now Madison decks are hot in the industry. I can only compare the interest in Madison's playing cards to David Blaine's deck releases. The decks are to Madison's quality specification's and they are a card experts working deck of playing cards. That to me has more value and is more collectible then all these pretty decks designers are producing today.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 05:41:59 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2013, 08:12:59 PM »

The Quadfather

• Elite Member
Are the green dealers a limited run? I was just wandering if Daniel Madison has followed suit from the release of his players.
My mom always said I'd be great at something. Who'd have thought that something would be zombie killin'.

« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2013, 11:05:52 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Legacy: they're not merely "Erdnase green", they're the precise Pantone color of the Erdnase book.

Quadfather: they're like the Arcanes, in a sense - the green deck is like black/white and the red deck is like gold, except twice as rare and very few will actually be released into the hands of consumers.

Hecrob, MrMollusk: stop and think for a moment - how is this any different from something like a pack of white Centurions?  They're rare.  So what?  You CAN actually live a happy, full life without owning so much as a single pack of the red Dealers!

I like them, and I think it's great that these won't be limited editions like the Madison Players were over at T11.  It's a MARKED deck, selling for the price of an unmarked one - AND will be continually restocked!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2013, 11:36:52 PM »

RobotsEatCookies

The Erdnase Green dealers are the unlimited Madison Dealers.

The Scarlet Dealers can only be obtained by purchasing a brick of Erdnase Dealers (12). Yesterday, the Black Club had early access to the Dealers, and half are gone. Ellusionist's Daniel Madison is offering 405 decks at this point, having produced 2,500.

The rest can be only obtained through upcoming promotions.

« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2013, 11:38:51 PM »

RobotsEatCookies

You can also get more details on the Facebook promotion.

« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2013, 08:04:11 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Legacy: they're not merely "Erdnase green", they're the precise Pantone color of the Erdnase book.

My point is the book is green. Is that because of SW Erdnase? Was that his favorite color or  was that specific color what SW wanted for the book? It seams to me this is more about Madison then associating the deck through Ellusionist/Madison marketing to be some tribute to SW Erdnase just because the deck is pantone color of the book.

Personally I'm fine with green. I just don't see special significance to SW Erdnase just because of a color SW might not have had anything to do with, any more so then the books first publishing company.

« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2013, 11:37:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

My point is the book is green. Is that because of SW Erdnase? Was that his favorite color or  was that specific color what SW wanted for the book? It seams to me this is more about Madison then associating the deck through Ellusionist/Madison marketing to be some tribute to SW Erdnase just because the deck is pantone color of the book.

Personally I'm fine with green. I just don't see special significance to SW Erdnase just because of a color SW might not have had anything to do with, any more so then the books first publishing company.

I do see your point.  But in this case, it's more about perception - practically every version of the classic book for who-know-how-long has been in that shade of green.  Many refer to the pocket-sized version as the "Erdnase bible".  It might not make a connection in the mind Erdnase himself, assuming he was around, but it makes a connection in the minds of those who still read his teachings over 110 years later.  It's like how Guy Fawkes masks (outside of the UK) are now more closely associated with the group "Anonymous", anarchy groups and the movie "V For Vendetta" rather than with Guy Fawkes himself.

« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2013, 04:15:50 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
It's like how Guy Fawkes masks (outside of the UK) are now more closely associated with the group "Anonymous", anarchy groups and the movie "V For Vendetta" rather than with Guy Fawkes himself.

That's interesting you should use that as your example. Even more interesting you should use it on a Daniel Madison thread.

I'm familiar with both associations of the mask but I knew of Alan Moore's work well before there was an Anonymous. Anonymous the group is not exactly a household name and I would go as far as saying taboo. Funny thing is, most people that protested against the financial markets a summer ago knew nothing of either association. Only that it was a symbol from a movie they had seen. Then again, it's not like SW Erdnase is a household name either unless your familiar with individuals in the card expert and magic industry.

I  know people here associate that color green with Erdnase. I just think Madison is a strong enough brand at this point that he and Ellusionist don't have to make that association.

Speaking of the writer Alan Moore, did you know Alan declared himself to be a magician.  Alan believes that the words ART and MAGIC have the same meaning literally. How would you like to see a Revelations of those two (Madison and Alan Moore) having a conversation, now that would be amazing.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 06:38:21 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2013, 06:27:28 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
Ill wait for the unlimited black edition  :karrit:
Form Follows Function

« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2013, 08:03:49 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I  know people here associate that color green with Erdnase. I just think Madison is a strong enough brand at this point that he and Ellusionist don't have to make that association.

They didn't have to - they CHOSE to.  Dealer's choice!  :))  Just like any other artist making a choice in their art.  It's something that someone at E wanted (probably Daniel; or at the least he agreed to it).

Ill wait for the unlimited black edition  :karrit:

Umm...  But the green is unlimited...   ???
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:04:07 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2013, 10:10:12 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:

DAMN!!!!

The Scarlet Dealers actually are not that difficult to get. I guess you've had some bad experiences in the past where you have just about told yourself why bother?

...To my knowledge, they're only available as a promotional thing that you can only get by buying 12 unlimited decks (WAY out of my price range)

And if this deck follows the common limited deck trend, the cheapest you'll find them is $90 on Ebay. They've made another White Monarch.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2013, 05:27:00 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

DAMN!!!!

...To my knowledge, they're only available as a promotional thing that you can only get by buying 12 unlimited decks (WAY out of my price range)

And if this deck follows the common limited deck trend, the cheapest you'll find them is $90 on Ebay. They've made another White Monarch.

The red (scarlet) deck was free with 12 decks I wanted to buy anyway. It (Red) cost me nothing + discounts on my 12 decks. You had at least an hour or 2 to get one if you really wanted it, + those in the BC who got first dibs. Plenty of opportunity. If you really want something, take it. Otherwise your just making excuses. Ellusionist is not to blame.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:38:01 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2013, 09:19:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

The red (scarlet) deck was free with 12 decks I wanted to buy anyway. It (Red) cost me nothing + discounts on my 12 decks. You had at least an hour or 2 to get one if you really wanted it, + those in the BC who got first dibs. Plenty of opportunity. If you really want something, take it. Otherwise your just making excuses. Ellusionist is not to blame.

Using that logic, if I want that cool dashboard clock, I should simply go ahead and buy that Lamborghini Diablo, easy peasy lemon squeezy.  It's a bit flawed, when you think of it, though.

As I see it, you have to stop and consider whether it's really worth it.  The deck is $6.99, with only 5% off at three or more decks - and I'll assume another 5% with a Black Club membership.  One pack of red Dealers will cost $75.48 plus shipping and (where applicable) sales tax.  (Without Black Club, it's nearly $80.)  And all for the exact same deck, just with a different color on the back design...  Yes, you do get a dozen green decks as well - but I don't see a lot of people these days with the cash to buy bricks of whatever they want at the drop of a hat.  The economy still sucks unless you're upper-middle income or outright wealthy - for them, it's a frickin' blast.

This is the rarest item Ellusionist has ever released, and not everyone was meant to have one.  Considering the "cost" of getting a Gold Arcane deck or a Black Ghost 1st Edition in the recent past, it's comparably less costly, but it's still far from cheap.

BTW: as of 2pm PST yesterday, they were down to less than 150 packs of reds.  I can't imagine there's many left now.

One good thing that will arise from this is that there will be people buying bricks of this deck just to get the reds, then flooding eBay with the greens for dirt-cheap prices!  So wait a few days and check eBay out.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:22:38 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2013, 09:50:27 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
As I see it, you have to stop and consider whether it's really worth it.  The deck is $6.99, with only 5% off at three or more decks - and I'll assume another 5% with a Black Club membership.  One pack of red Dealers will cost $75.48 plus shipping and (where applicable) sales tax.  (Without Black Club, it's nearly $80.)  And all for the exact same deck, just with a different color on the back design...  Yes, you do get a dozen green decks as well - but I don't see a lot of people these days with the cash to buy bricks of whatever they want at the drop of a hat.  The economy still sucks unless you're upper-middle income or outright wealthy - for them, it's a frickin' blast.

12 deck discount + magic10 or redeemable points.

One good thing that will arise from this is that there will be people buying bricks of this deck just to get the reds, then flooding eBay with the greens for dirt-cheap prices!  So wait a few days and check eBay out.

I don't think anyone bought bricks just to get red. They bought bricks because they wanted Green either to use or sell. They just so happened to also get a Red. You make it sound as if the Greens have no value or use. I've never seen anyone on eBay with a "buy now" option selling any cheaper then the retailer.

I have bought bricks that offered a limited deck before. I wanted the brick and sold the limited deck to pay for the brick. Free brick, what a concept. That's why Ellusionist sales are great because they protect the customers purchase value of their limited decks. When done correctly like Ellusionist, limited decks work to help promote sales.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:38:32 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2013, 10:39:02 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I don't think anyone bought bricks just to get red. They bought bricks because they wanted Green either to use or sell. They just so happened to also get a Red. You make it sound as if the Greens have no value or use. I've never seen anyone on eBay with a "buy now" option selling any cheaper then the retailer.

I have bought bricks that offered a limited deck before. I wanted the brick and sold the limited deck to pay for the brick. Free brick, what a concept. That's why Ellusionist sales are great because they protect the customers purchase value of their limited decks. When done correctly like Ellusionist, limited decks work to help promote sales.

Re the discounts: magic10 is a one-shot, and I pushed the slider to 24 and never saw the discount rise above 5%, which triggered at three decks.

Granted, some buy the brick because they want the brick and sell the rare deck.  But some buy the brick because they want the deck and perhaps a few from the brick.  I've heard of both, and regardless of how you slice it, it does indeed boost Ellusionist's sales.  But to buy the brick, you have to have the cash in the first place, regardless of what you intend to do with it afterwards.

« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2013, 01:35:58 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Re the discounts: magic10 is a one-shot, and I pushed the slider to 24 and never saw the discount rise above 5%, which triggered at three decks.

Granted, some buy the brick because they want the brick and sell the rare deck.  But some buy the brick because they want the deck and perhaps a few from the brick.  I've heard of both, and regardless of how you slice it, it does indeed boost Ellusionist's sales.  But to buy the brick, you have to have the cash in the first place, regardless of what you intend to do with it afterwards.

MAGIC10 is only a one shot if you signin your account during purchase. If you purchase as a guest you can use MAGIC10 every time. You won't get or be able to use redemption points though.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:24:59 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2013, 02:57:55 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I don't have Players and the get one deck I must pay close to 20$ + shipping. To avoid that I bought 4 bricks of Dealers (3 for me). Why? To get the 3 reds. One brick or more of greens will be enough for me (2 for collection). I will sell one red (maybe :D ) and unopen the last two. This two decks are for my collection. Also I will sell a few greens with an extra price (I live in Europe so will be a "europen price" for this decks :( ) to save some shipping costs. Also, Don enlighten me that I can't have them all...and it was the best answer/tip/advice for me. So, if you like a deck, take it. If not, no. Simple. And don't look back.

Otherwise I love green. My website is with a light green and some butter yellowish color. Green also have so many meanings...Perhaps Erdnase what that color for a reason or it was just a simple circumstance. Sorry sir Erdnase, if you want a blue color you must wait another ... few months, years. I don't know :)

Also, I need some help, please. I have collected 2xx decks and few uncut sheets for the last 7 months. What is the cheapest shipping method from USPS (or another company) the send them from US, NY to Europe? I guess the package is close to 26Kg (almost 60 pounds). Should I send this decks in one package or divide them in two or more little packages? The company that I use to ship packages from US has gone :( Thank you!

Don, true, true :D I am not a proud person (lol) to be a BC, but I am glad to help if I can :) And sometimes is good to be a BC member, even I said before and I keep my opinion that we don't have so much to use there. I still believe that we are driven by marketing strategies and I understand that, but sometimes you must give to get...

What kind of discount is "magic10"? If is there on E, I didn't know about it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 02:58:47 PM by mirciusx »
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2013, 05:32:12 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

MAGIC10 is only a one shot if you signin your account during purchase. If you purchase as a guest you can use MAGIC10 every time. You won't get or be able to use redemption points though.

Additionally, Black Club members can't apply their discount, either.

Also, I need some help, please. I have collected 2xx decks and few uncut sheets for the last 7 months. What is the cheapest shipping method from USPS (or another company) the send them from US, NY to Europe? I guess the package is close to 26Kg (almost 60 pounds). Should I send this decks in one package or divide them in two or more little packages? The company that I use to ship packages from US has gone :( Thank you!

---

What kind of discount is "magic10"? If is there on E, I didn't know about it.

The cheapest method for shipping anything via US Mail (USPS) is First Class without any extra features such as package tracking or insurance.  I have never seen any company undercut the price of First Class mail.  I can take, depending on destination, from two to eight weeks to arrive to international destinations.

Next cheapest is Priority Mail.  Much faster, costs notably more, but they do offer a flat rate shipping deal - using special USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate packaging, you can ship up to seventy pounds for a flat rate.  The rate varies based on package: envelopes are cheaper than boxes and small boxes are cheaper than larger ones.  It can take three to seven days to most of the world.

Most expensive is Express Mail.  They also have special boxes, but I don't think they offer a flat rate.  You get international tracking and FAST delivery, even some insurance coverage without having to pay for it.  It's NOT cheap in the least, but it's fast - one day to most US destinations, one to three days to the rest of the world.  They even offer a SAME DAY delivery rate, but it's Donald-Trump expensive...

MAGIC10 is one of the several discount codes used on the Ellusionist website.  If you check out the top of the Playing Card Plethora, you'll see a topic about these discounts that I try keeping updated as new codes arrive and old ones are canceled.  A small number of codes (usually for smaller retailers) can be used more than once.

« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

I see. So... What are you saying? Guests are getting a better discount then Black Club members? I guess I just blew a good thing by posting it on the forum. Say goodbye to MAGIC10.

« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2013, 06:20:22 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I see. So... What are you saying? Guests are getting a better discount then Black Club members? I guess I just blew a good thing by posting it on the forum. Say goodbye to MAGIC10.

No, that's not what I'm saying.  If the discount was available to a BC member, they'd get both MAGIC10 AND BC discounts combined.  Black Club is the only discount they offer which stacks.

« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2013, 01:03:20 AM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
I will sell one red (maybe :D )

If you do decide to, please pm me!  :)

Keep in mind I'm broke, though, so I might not meet your price standards . (I can try)

Thanks!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2013, 02:40:38 PM »

S. Carey

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I put up a review of this deck. I am still unclear of who printed this deck? was is USPCC or another company?

http://tuckcase.com/2013/06/30/deck-review-madison-dealers-erdnase-green/