Re: Bicycle Truth Garden No. 03
« Reply #175 on: June 04, 2013, 04:45:06 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
They ship quickly, but my order sat forever until someone here on the forums told me that after I made the purchase, I had to go back into my order and enter the Paypal invoice number.  If I hadn't read that here, I'd probably still be waiting for my Truth Garden No. 3 order.  LOL

« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2013, 01:44:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Quadfather, this site usually sells to the US and the rest of the world, giving us some easier access to a few of the decks already released in the China region. There are more than 800 decks printed, it's just that they only have 800 available for sale in their store to "the rest of the world". Many people see their numbers and assume that there are only that number of decks total. I'm not completely sure, but it may be a deal where what doesn't get sold in the China/Asia region is made available for the rest of the world through Aloys. this is in addition to Aloys' normal custom decks. I have purchased many decks through Aloys Studio over the last 5-6 releases, and they seem to be good folks. They ship quickly and are easy and friendly to deal with.

This is mostly correct.  The Garden Series decks were designed in China and intended largely for the Chinese card-flourishing market.  The lion's share get sold in China to domestic and some other Asian buyers.  Aloys Studio did make a deal with them to sell the "worldwide" portion of the deck inventory for them about a month after the Chinese/Asian supply went on sale, and it would seem they have the same deal in place for this deck - so I'm guessing that it already went on sale in China.  I'm surprised no one has spoken of it, but the few regulars we had that knew and had access to the Chinese market haven't checked in for a while, so I'm guessing that no one actively here today knew.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #177 on: June 05, 2013, 10:46:20 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I always wonder why we don't see these "already released in China" decks show up on eBay with a seller screaming "Rare, rare, rare!! not available in the US!! Get yours nowwwwwwww! Only $60 a deck!!!"

« Reply #178 on: June 05, 2013, 02:51:14 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I always wonder why we don't see these "already released in China" decks show up on eBay with a seller screaming "Rare, rare, rare!! not available in the US!! Get yours nowwwwwwww! Only $60 a deck!!!"

Well, there's the language barrier, and the fact that Taobao is very much more popular for trading goods in China and other parts of Asia than eBay is...  I'd search for them on Taobao but my Mandarin is, well, non-existant...  Oh, and there's the fact that I'm just speculating that they went on sale in China already, based on the release schedule of the No. 03 deck...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:52:30 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #179 on: June 07, 2013, 01:41:31 PM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:
I’m glad to tell you that USPCC transportation department has confirmed the arrival of White Garden Deck in our warehouse.
Thank you!
Aloys store.

« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2013, 04:01:48 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
So Don uses Google Translate to purchase what he thinks is three White Garden Decks. Two weeks later, two goats and a piglet show up in a crate. Yep, sounds right! :-)

« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2013, 04:13:57 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So Don uses Google Translate to purchase what he thinks is three White Garden Decks. Two weeks later, two goats and a piglet show up in a crate. Yep, sounds right! :-)

Google Traslate is useless with ideographic languages.

Aloysstudio.com doesn't have that problem.

« Reply #182 on: June 12, 2013, 01:13:50 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Well, plans changed and I don't think I'll be able to make it to the launch so I decided to just buy a deck from the same eBay seller I got the last one from. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121125221956?ssPageName=STRK:null:IT

Not really much of a price difference for me, maybe a matter of a couple dollars.

« Reply #183 on: June 12, 2013, 02:44:44 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Well, plans changed and I don't think I'll be able to make it to the launch so I decided to just buy a deck from the same eBay seller I got the last one from. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121125221956?ssPageName=STRK:null:IT

Not really much of a price difference for me, maybe a matter of a couple dollars.

See, I knew the deck would have been released in China by now.   :P

« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2013, 07:02:48 PM »

The Quadfather

• Elite Member
Just a heads up - 8pm EST tonight.
My mom always said I'd be great at something. Who'd have thought that something would be zombie killin'.

« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2013, 07:53:03 PM »

Aloys

• True Member

• Facebook:
8.PM EST! Soon!

« Reply #186 on: July 01, 2013, 07:19:09 AM »

S. Carey

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I started to see the Truth garden No. 4 decks pop up in people's collections. I purchased these when they were released June 14 and have yet to receive mine, is this the case for others as well? 

« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2013, 08:16:43 AM »

verloren

• Forum Regular
I started to see the Truth garden No. 4 decks pop up in people's collections. I purchased these when they were released June 14 and have yet to receive mine, is this the case for others as well?
I have a deck, but that's because I live in Hong Kong. =P

« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2013, 09:30:04 AM »

flyers3003

• True Member

Ordered mine June 15th.  Still waiting as well.

« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
Ordered the day of release; am still waiting. Frankly, I'm quite tired of the unprofessional manner aloysstudio conducts itself in. I'm still waiting action regarding receiving an incomplete order. It keeps looping around where communication will cease for about a week while they 'look into things', then when I enquire about it again, the cycle repeats.
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

« Reply #190 on: July 01, 2013, 08:48:35 PM »

S. Carey

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
It is just a terrible idea to set a release date and then nobody gets their decks from that actual release sale even 15 days after the release date. If they have them in the warehouse, why not ship them or release them for sale when you can actually ship them.

Not cool in my book. From now on I will be waiting for any of their releases to pop up on ebay after the fact. Total bummer.

« Reply #191 on: July 02, 2013, 01:04:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
It is just a terrible idea to set a release date and then nobody gets their decks from that actual release sale even 15 days after the release date. If they have them in the warehouse, why not ship them or release them for sale when you can actually ship them.

Not cool in my book. From now on I will be waiting for any of their releases to pop up on ebay after the fact. Total bummer.

Last time I saw any crap like this, it was with Skulkor and their first deck, also called Skulkor.  They were taking orders (not pre-orders, but actual orders), but announcing that the deck would take at least eight weeks to ship or some other ridiculous figure, which got delayed because of some fancy boxes that a third party supposedly was making for them getting screwed up and having to be remade.  Bottom line, a lot of people canceled their orders, because between that and the creepy "brotherhood" ad campaign, it looked a little shady, like they were using the cash from the "orders" to pay for the deck to get printed in the first place, rather than printing it first and having it shipped when it was ordered.

AFIAK, they're shipping from somewhere in the Pacific/Indian Ocean area, so it's not impossible that it's late - but at the least they should let their customers know, be more open about what's happening, and not leave people with incomplete orders hanging in customer service hell.  It's very unprofessional.

« Reply #192 on: July 02, 2013, 08:03:26 AM »

The Quadfather

• Elite Member
I ordered mine on release day, and I think they arrived at the shipito warehouse on Saturday. I don't know for sure that its these cards because I didn't want them to open the package. Can't imagine what else it could be though as I don't order that many bricks. If it is them though, I'd imagine most US orders will be receiving theirs this week too if aloys sent them all at the same time.
My mom always said I'd be great at something. Who'd have thought that something would be zombie killin'.