You are Here:
Blue Crown 1st Anniv. Party/Vaudeville Deck NOW AVAILABLE

Author (Read 26461 times)

Re: Blue Crown 1st Anniv. Party/Vaudeville Deck NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2012, 11:12:26 AM »

daven78

• Newcomer
First minute impression: Nice deck - handles well - faros well - fans well - medium stiffness.

I noticed before even opening the box these have the same odor issue that the black & silver acorns have.
Not wanting to get off topic, but I own both the cambric and the ivory black & silver CARC acorns and I haven't had such a problem. Maybe it was just your deck.

Magic Finish decks have a reputation for having that smell to them.  It's not entirely unpleasant, and it wears off with time and usage.  SHOW US SOME PHOTOS, BRO!!!  :))

Here's some photos of the cards, I received my decks on Monday. 

These are very nice cards...beautify colors, functional and a great collectible deck!

« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2012, 12:43:52 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Thanks for the pics, I can't wait for this deck, I got 4 of them. I am not a hugh fan of the Ace of spades though, I dont know why I just don't really like them shape of it.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2012, 12:53:51 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
First minute impression: Nice deck - handles well - faros well - fans well - medium stiffness.

I noticed before even opening the box these have the same odor issue that the black & silver acorns have.
Not wanting to get off topic, but I own both the cambric and the ivory black & silver CARC acorns and I haven't had such a problem. Maybe it was just your deck.

Magic Finish decks have a reputation for having that smell to them.  It's not entirely unpleasant, and it wears off with time and usage.  SHOW US SOME PHOTOS, BRO!!!  :))

Here's some photos of the cards, I received my decks on Monday. 

These are very nice cards...beautify colors, functional and a great collectible deck!

Welcome to the forums! Just wondering, does the box have any reveals (i.e. flap, barcode, seal etc)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:55:31 PM by Curt »

« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2012, 01:04:48 PM »

daven78

• Newcomer
No reveal on the flap or on the box, but the double backer has a subtle reveal on one side.  Alex has a short video with 3 ways to use it.  If you purchase the deck(s) from the blue crown, they email it to you.  You can see it in one of the pictures, the double backer is next to the joker and above the box.  In the center of the crystal ball you can see the queen of hearts appearing.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:10:52 PM by daven78 »

« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2012, 02:58:57 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got mine in the mail yesterday and they broke in really quickly and nicely. The stock seems really soft to me but it handles amazingly! The fans look pretty awesome with the thin border on the sides and thick border at the top and bottom. Spread also look incredible and my favorite is one handed fans. I am incredibly happy with this deck and have only found one thing that I wish was done differently. I wish the indices were closer to the edge because in fans, it doesnt show up in a lot of places.

« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2012, 12:46:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I had lunch with Kevin and Alex on Thursday; Alex handed me a deck to keep (thanks again, bro)!  There's some really nice features throughout that deck.  I'll tip you on one of them.

Take the tuck box and fold the top flap to cover the opening, but with the flap outside of the box, and hold it against the back of the box.  The artwork on the flap blends in with the back art, resembling a theater proscenium.  Originally they wanted to create a proscenium image for all of the card backs, but it would have made having a two-way design and making it look good at the same time very difficult to pull off.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2012, 10:12:21 AM »

daven78

• Newcomer
I had lunch with Kevin and Alex on Thursday; Alex handed me a deck to keep (thanks again, bro)!  There's some really nice features throughout that deck.  I'll tip you on one of them.

Take the tuck box and fold the top flap to cover the opening, but with the flap outside of the box, and hold it against the back of the box.  The artwork on the flap blends in with the back art, resembling a theater proscenium.  Originally they wanted to create a proscenium image for all of the card backs, but it would have made having a two-way design and making it look good at the same time very difficult to pull off.

Very nice look, I like the flap design, what else is there that you can share?

« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2012, 11:06:59 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Very nice look, I like the flap design, what else is there that you can share?

Well, you know that reveal?  Notice that the non-reveal side of the double backer looks really, really close to the reveal side, right down to that diagonal line in the crystal.  With a little sleight of hand, you can make that reveal "disappear", seemingly by only rubbing it a little with your finger, as if you were rubbing the crystal ball...  Or vice versa, make it appear that way - one or the other, or both.  It's fun to mess with people's minds, isn't it?  :))

« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2012, 11:23:38 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:

Haha you just can't stop making me jealous!!! Are there any other cool features that you know of that weren't mentionned so far?

« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2012, 02:32:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Haha you just can't stop making me jealous!!! Are there any other cool features that you know of that weren't mentionned so far?

Well, I hope you saw the one I posted just before your post...

The rest are trade secrets!  Just kidding, that was pretty much it.

« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Just received my Vaudeville decks today! I don't usually open decks in my collection but due to the unique design I felt compelled to, and have no regrets. I am a big fan of this deck, looks great, handles amazing so far! I am very pleased to add this to my collection, thanks BC!

« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2012, 11:32:36 AM »

jackkingoff_suite

• Newcomer
Anybody else notice the inconsistency with the back design border 

« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2012, 11:36:29 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
If you mean thicker on top and bottom then the sides, then yes, and I believe that was intentional.

The one thing that agrivates me about the deck is the fact that the front of the ad cars is pure white, so it sticks out like a sore thumb when I have the whole deck and I'm shuffling and messing with it, but it is no big deal.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2012, 01:52:38 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
If you mean thicker on top and bottom then the sides, then yes, and I believe that was intentional.

The one thing that agrivates me about the deck is the fact that the front of the ad cars is pure white, so it sticks out like a sore thumb when I have the whole deck and I'm shuffling and messing with it, but it is no big deal.

??  Who uses ad cards?  Most flourishers remove them because they're not very attractive, am I right?  Magicians don't generally use them, either, unless they're really gaffs and not ads.

« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2012, 07:20:52 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I got my Vaudeville's today, They feel AMAZING! It feels like they have fanning powder on them is that possible? and the stock is super soft and the design is beautiful, I love them!
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2012, 07:51:22 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I got my Vaudeville's today, They feel AMAZING! It feels like they have fanning powder on them is that possible? and the stock is super soft and the design is beautiful, I love them!

It's just Magic Finish.  They're pretty slippery.  The stock is soft, like Aristocrat should be.

« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2012, 07:53:49 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:

??  Who uses ad cards?  Most flourishers remove them because they're not very attractive, am I right?  Magicians don't generally use them, either, unless they're really gaffs and not ads.

Like I said, I was just being picky and it's no big deal. It's just that generally I like to keep all the cards in the deck when I mess with it, and I just think it looks odd, and I saw no reason why they wouldn't.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2012, 11:12:45 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Like I said, I was just being picky and it's no big deal. It's just that generally I like to keep all the cards in the deck when I mess with it, and I just think it looks odd, and I saw no reason why they wouldn't.

Some people like to keep the ad card in theme with the deck, as Ellusionist often does.  Some, though, prefer the ad be more easily readable - after all, it is an advertisement.  I think the BC ad card wouldn't have looked as nice in the deck's theme colors.