Blue Crown 1st Anniv. Party/Vaudeville Deck NOW AVAILABLE

Author (Read 26459 times)

Blue Crown 1st Anniv. Party/Vaudeville Deck NOW AVAILABLE
« on: March 02, 2012, 01:06:48 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Got home a while ago from Fantasma in Manhattan, where Blue Crown hosted their first anniversary party.  There was one guy from South Carolina (remember that contest with hotel and airfare to NYC for the party?), many magicians (I know I saw at least one Buck brother subconsciously weave-shuffling a pack of S&M v6!), got to meet Alex Pandrea and Kevin Reylek, watched some semi-sober magic performances (ROTFLMAO), and...

I got to see THIS: their NEW DECK, due out by month's end - VAUDEVILLE!

Thanks to Alex for giving me permission for posting these pictures here.  He requested I not photograph the uncut tuck box sheet - it was a prototype and didn't have any of the foil and other details that the finished product will.  Honestly, even without the foil, the box looks REALLY nice!  I did get you these two shots of the uncut in a frame.  I think you guys are going to enjoy these - they have the aged patina of an 1800 or an Americana without the dirt and grunge - it's like you found this deck sitting in a vaudevillian's magic cabinet, unopened for the past hundred years.

Enjoy, and I'll post more tomorrow, probably during work.  I am WIPED OUT.

(PS: more was revealed to me about upcoming new features at BC, but I'm keeping it under my hat since Alex and Kevin weren't announcing them publicly at the party just yet.  Just keep your eyes open!)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:26:11 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Blue Crown 1st Anniv. Party - AND THEIR NEW DECK!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 01:11:50 AM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
they fronts on the cards look cool i'm looking forward to see the backs of them.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 01:33:46 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i dun really like the court cards .. who know might look better in real life but other than that it really nice .. hope to see what the tuck box and back design look like

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 01:42:02 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I want only the owls :bosswalk: :bosswalk:

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 02:34:20 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
They paid an artist to make a fully custom deck, they didn't cheap out with the USPCC. I don't care if it doesn't suit my personal tastes (it totally would if the court cards didn't have their brown background). TBC clearly is taking a step in the right direction, unlike that other company I absolutely can't stand.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 02:49:42 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
don can you take a clearer picture of the ace of spades and joker pls ?? is there any reveal on the joker ? i cant really see it

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 05:25:58 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Eh it looks pretty good from the pictures. It's nice that it is all custom! But it's a little hard to tell the detail from the pictures since they are a little out of focus. Excited to see more from TBC soon!

(PS: more was revealed to me about upcoming new features at BC, but I'm keeping it under my hat since Alex and Kevin weren't announcing them publicly at the party just yet.  Just keep your eyes open!)
If you're not going to share there is no need to mention that.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 06:18:18 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Looks cool... can't really say anything else at this point.

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 06:40:42 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
After all that whining in the past months about the lack of custom court cards, that's all you guys have to say? After I saw those pictures I expected pages after pages of celebration and love letters to TBC. :-\

@Digipunk, Don would have to confirm, but I don't think this is the same deck as the owls we saw a while ago. :P
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 07:10:25 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@Digipunk, Don would have to confirm, but I don't think this is the same deck as the owls we saw a while ago. :P

I see, I remember that designer's style. Hope Don bring good news to us ;)

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 07:15:47 AM »

Gareth

• 52 Plus Joker Member

• Kickstarter:
Not convinced on the court cards from this distance - but at least they're a custom design ;)  - not recoloured bicycle faces.
Do like the small pips/indices - the best thing about the CARC Erdnase Bee decks.. :)

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 08:04:30 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I dont know if I like the Court cards... They look nice and the artwork is great but they dont seem like my style. I dont think I really like the color of the background of the Court cards. Now the number cards I really like. I'm so glad that its fully custom and they look great! The back design will decide how many I order. Nice job Blue Crown!

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 09:13:34 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Looks like a cool deck, certainly different to what we normally see (yay) fully custom (yay) great artwork (yay) so in the end I have ti give them an A+ for effort there. Not precisely my style either but I love that they did the hard work! I'll get one.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 09:47:52 AM »

kensei777

• Forum Regular
  • Card Technician and Noob Playing Cards Collector

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Woah! Definitely a must have! I'm really looking forward to the rest of the photos you took so I hope you post them soon.  :D
I prefer hand written signatures over digital ones but the ink appears to be stuck on my monitor screen...

- Emman Refuerzo aka Kensei777

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 11:01:33 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Woah! That looks really neat. Does any one have any other pictures or info (nudge nudge ... release date?)

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 11:24:42 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Woah! That looks really neat. Does any one have any other pictures or info (nudge nudge ... release date?)
These are the only pictures that I've seen. And the release date, like Don said, is supposed to be sometime the month.

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 12:27:43 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys!  The party last night was a total blast!  We had TONS of people show up, including both Buck twins, David Roth, John Born, Ricky Smith, Tony Chang, Ben Train, Chris Mayhew, and many others!  We'll be posting photos soon on Facebook, etc.

It was great to meet you Don, I wish we could've had more time to chat!

We unveiled the Vaudeville deck as a sneak peek for those who attended the party, and the response was very positive, which was gratifying.  We've spent several months on this design, so it's nice to finally be able to share it!  Every single element of this deck was designed from scratch, it's 100% custom.  We think you're going to love it!

The deck is inspired by the Vaudeville era (naturally) and the kings are modeled after Houdini, Alexander, Thurston, and Carter.

We'll naturally be unveiling more detailed shots in the coming weeks.  The deck will be available later this month.

PS - This is totally unrelated to the other deck that was leaked a few weeks back.  Different artists, etc.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 02:03:56 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hey guys!  The party last night was a total blast!  We had TONS of people show up, including both Buck twins, David Roth, John Born, Ricky Smith, Tony Chang, Ben Train, Chris Mayhew, and many others!  We'll be posting photos soon on Facebook, etc.

It was great to meet you Don, I wish we could've had more time to chat!

We unveiled the Vaudeville deck as a sneak peek for those who attended the party, and the response was very positive, which was gratifying.  We've spent several months on this design, so it's nice to finally be able to share it!  Every single element of this deck was designed from scratch, it's 100% custom.  We think you're going to love it!

The deck is inspired by the Vaudeville era (naturally) and the kings are modeled after Houdini, Alexander, Thurston, and Carter.

We'll naturally be unveiling more detailed shots in the coming weeks.  The deck will be available later this month.

PS - This is totally unrelated to the other deck that was leaked a few weeks back.  Different artists, etc.

Thanks, Kevin - you've got my number, give me a shout sometime!  Best to call in the evening - I work overnights so I sleep in the daytime!

My photos don't really do the deck justice - it's absolutely beautiful in person.  It's hard to tell from my photo, but the pips are customized - they looked drawn with a three-dimensional jewel-like effect.

don can you take a clearer picture of the ace of spades and joker pls ?? is there any reveal on the joker ? i cant really see it

Only if I go back in time to the party last night...  I can post higher-res images of the same two images; that's it.  It will be on Blue Crown's FB page soon, with much better images.  This is more of a teaser before the full promo campaign.

Woah! Definitely a must have! I'm really looking forward to the rest of the photos you took so I hope you post them soon.  :D

That's it - only those two!  Keep an eye on their FB page!

If you're not going to share there is no need to mention that.

Think of that announcement as a heads-up that MORE is coming than just the new deck.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 02:06:47 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 06:52:53 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
After all that whining in the past months about the lack of custom court cards, that's all you guys have to say?..

+1. Like development of BC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 07:09:39 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Looks like it will be a pretty cool deck. looking forward to see the backs.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 09:26:42 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Yeah the backs could make or break this deck for me! I also am hoping to see some less blurry pictures of the fronts. Maybe I'll like them a little more when I can see detail!

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 02:26:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Yeah the backs could make or break this deck for me! I also am hoping to see some less blurry pictures of the fronts. Maybe I'll like them a little more when I can see detail!

The backs (I wish I'd gotten the double backer in the shot) are nice, with artwork reminiscent of something you'd expect to see on a fortune-telling machine - there's a crystal ball in the center, and the double-backer actually uses it for a super-subtle card reveal that's totally killer.  I think you'll be pleased with it; the back art is very consistent with the front art, with the predominant color being brown, if I'm remembering correctly.  (Yes, it's not a one-color back, or even two from the looks of it.  Probably four!)

And did I neglect to mention that the box art is gorgeous even BEFORE they added foil, embossing, etc.?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:28:03 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 03:05:59 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

The backs (I wish I'd gotten the double backer in the shot) are nice, with artwork reminiscent of something you'd expect to see on a fortune-telling machine - there's a crystal ball in the center, and the double-backer actually uses it for a super-subtle card reveal that's totally killer.  I think you'll be pleased with it; the back art is very consistent with the front art, with the predominant color being brown, if I'm remembering correctly.  (Yes, it's not a one-color back, or even two from the looks of it.  Probably four!)

And did I neglect to mention that the box art is gorgeous even BEFORE they added foil, embossing, etc.?
It sounds cool from that description.

IDK why people are not liking the color. It is something new and different, I think it looks cool.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 04:36:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

It sounds cool from that description.

IDK why people are not liking the color. It is something new and different, I think it looks cool.

I didn't take the best picture of the one-sheet; couldn't since it was framed and under what I believe was a sheet of plastic.  But I don't know if they're getting that it's a patina-look deck.  Imagine a Bicycle Series 1800 deck face with zero dirt and grunge but the same aged look.  A better example of this clean, aged look would be the faces of the 1889 Texan '45s.  It's meant to glorify the days of vaudeville, and meant to look like it's from that era, making it about a hundred years old, give or take a decade.  But it's not something that's been sitting at the bottom of a gold mine or under the porch of an old saloon - more like something pulled out of one of Thurston's magic cabinets, undiscovered until it went up for auction!

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 12:36:18 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
It's looking like that Vaudeville deck may be coming out tonight...  Borrowed this image from CBJ.

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Kevin Reylek confirmed that there will be no new decks released tonight but there will be sales on the crown decks.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:56:19 PM by MagicAddictz »

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
"no" new decks or "now" new decks? Taking the context of the rest of the post, I think you meant "no" new decks. Not all that disappointed really. I think too many decks have come and gone. Give us a little more time. I want to see the Altruistic deck anyway.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 04:43:41 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
"no" new decks or "now" new decks? Taking the context of the rest of the post, I think you meant "no" new decks. Not all that disappointed really. I think too many decks have come and gone. Give us a little more time. I want to see the Altruistic deck anyway.

Yes no new decks, but we can expect them sometime in the near future. I'm not upset about this. I just ordered Manas so I can take a little break haha

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 06:30:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
"Near future" in this case is before the end of the month.  There's still more big things coming on the horizon and this will be a busy month for Blue Crown.  Stay tuned...

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 07:10:49 AM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
The $3 for a crown deck deal is great!
I already ordered Mana decks and the Seasons Playing Cards comming early April as well.
but maybe i'm gonna pick up a mixed brick of the V2's  :)
Incl. international shipping its $55 a brick.
3,50€ a deck.Usually they sell for 6-7,50€ a deck here in germany at the magicshops.
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 07:39:33 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
"Near future" in this case is before the end of the month.  There's still more big things coming on the horizon and this will be a busy month for Blue Crown.  Stay tuned...

Can't wait on these.
Hope it will come out together with the owl decks. I really hate to pay several international shipping.

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 03:31:43 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Can't wait on these.
Hope it will come out together with the owl decks. I really hate to pay several international shipping.
@Phantom, those decks are called the Altruism decks

@Don, does that mean that you saw many different unreleased products at the party? If so, any other decks?

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 06:20:28 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
"In just under 2 hours we will unveil our BIG announcement. This is a project that has been in development for the past year and we can't tell you how excited we are about it! Stay tuned at 8pm EST for the awesomeness!" - The Blue Crown

I'm hoping that this is a Vaudeville announcement. And if it is, I hope its a release date!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:25:06 PM by MagicAddictz »

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 06:54:44 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Looking forward to the "Big Announcement" and I am picking up a brick of Crowns, the price is too good to pass up.

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2012, 07:08:02 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The Blue Crown also says that " Vaudeville is just part of something much bigger"
What could that mean? Thoughts?

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 07:11:17 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Could be a series of decks or it could be a line of products all related to each other.

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 08:03:36 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
NEW:: Introducing the House of Playing Cards! The House of Playing Cards is a brand-new endeavor from The Blue Crown that will change the world of custom playing cards forever! We have been working closely with the United States Playing Card Company to offer something that's truly new and different. Sign up for everything you need to know! http://houseofplayingcards.com/
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
You will be able to approach them with your playing card ideas.. if they like it.. they will form a "partnership" with you to have them produced.

That's what I'm assuming

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2012, 10:50:17 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
So both new decks by the BC is probably the part of the House of playing cards project.

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 03:19:12 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So both new decks by the BC is probably the part of the House of playing cards project.

I have some inside (and confidential) info on HOPC after meeting with Kevin Reylek yesterday for lunch - rest assured, it's bigger than what you're imagining so far.  Stay tuned and sign up for the HOPC emails.

The Vaudeville deck isn't really an HOPC project, it's a Blue Crown project.

I wish I could tell you more, but there really are big things on the horizon at Blue Crown.  There's no hyperbole in their statement about changing the custom card market forever.  Things will NOT be the same after the site goes live.

I'm hoping to meet with them again sometime next week.

If you guys don't mind, let's keep this topic to the Vaudeville deck - go HERE to discuss the HOPC:
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=2024.0;topicseen

The Vaudeville deck WILL be out BEFORE MONTH'S END.  Close to the end of the month.  I'm certain Blue Crown will keep everyone informed.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:33:23 PM by Don Boyer »

Re: Blue Crown 1st Anniv. Party/Vaudeville Deck coming soon!
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 04:58:56 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
That's cool and all Don, but if you're not going to share the information with us then there is no need to share. It's cool and all, but it just looks like bragging. I'm happy that you got to meet with them and you're in the know. Saying I know information and then not sharing is pointless.

We all know big things are coming, TBC has already said that.

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2012, 05:04:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
That's cool and all Don, but if you're not going to share the information with us then there is no need to share. It's cool and all, but it just looks like bragging. I'm happy that you got to meet with them and you're in the know. Saying I know information and then not sharing is pointless.

Of course it looks like bragging... it probably is! But if I got to meet them and find out info like that, I'd be bragging too  :P

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2012, 05:10:32 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Of course it looks like bragging... it probably is! But if I got to meet them and find out info like that, I'd be bragging too  :P

Yes I know, but it's pointless. He posted two very similar comments in two different threads. Both of these did very little besides saying that he knew information and wasn't going to share it. That does nothing for thread. I'm sure Don would love to share it but he cant, and because of that he should just refrain from posting in multiple threads something so pointless

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2012, 01:09:27 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Guys, please - keep this on-topic about either the party or the Vaudeville deck.  There's another topic for the HOPC.

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 04:26:56 PM »

joshzachmatt

• YouTube:
When does it come out, if it's not already? I really wanna get a few, if they're as good as the other ones :)

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2012, 05:19:49 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
When does it come out, if it's not already? I really wanna get a few, if they're as good as the other ones :)
The answer to that question was said a few times above. It will be released this month  :) So that means very soon.

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2012, 07:37:06 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
"After almost 10 MONTHS of working on a NEW deck, its finally here! The Vaudeville Deck!

For the past 2 weeks we've been getting constant questions about when the deck will be released. We're happy to announce that the Vaudeville Deck will be available for sale on....

MIDNIGHT eastern time on Friday March 23rd (Thursday night/Friday morning) - less than 1 week away! Again, that's hour 00:00 on Friday for all you non-american folks :)

The Vaudeville deck has been designed to show that the Vaudeville era may be gone, but it is definitely not forgotten. Designed from the ground up, the Vaudeville Deck features 100% custom artwork that pays tribute to the grandeur and mystique of the great magicians of yesteryear.

- CUSTOM EVERYTHING! We have put close to 10 months of work into this - creating EVERYTHING you see on the card from scratch. The most unique deck ever created!

The faces have an aged, vintage look, with each King being modeled after a famous Vaudeville-era magician. The Jacks and Queens pay tribute to antique fashion styles. Even the pips have been created from scratch with a stylish curtain theme! The crystal ball from the back design is seamlessly integrated into the Ace of Spades, which has an intricate and ornate design that’s reminiscent of a fine antique. The tuck case is a work of art by itself, featuring our custom Vaudeville logo, an eye-popping color scheme, precise embossing, and gold foil accents." - The Blue Crown

Finally we have a release date  :D but it is the same day as De'vo's releases... I'm going to be broke after Friday.
The deck sounds awesome from the description above... and the box sounds like it is really something special. I just can't wait to see the back design!

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Thanks for posting Evan!

If you guys check out our Facebook page, we have some opportunities this week where you can win free decks!

We're so excited to finally share this deck with everyone.  I remember when Alex described the concept to me months ago.  I thought it was cool then, and every draft/revision since then has been better than the last. This deck is really something different, and every single element is custom!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2012, 07:46:06 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
might get 2 decks eventually, I doubt it will sell out super fast.

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2012, 07:48:16 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Thanks for posting Evan!

If you guys check out our Facebook page, we have some opportunities this week where you can win free decks!

We're so excited to finally share this deck with everyone.  I remember when Alex described the concept to me months ago.  I thought it was cool then, and every draft/revision since then has been better than the last. This deck is really something different, and every single element is custom!

Kevin, will this deck have the same stock and finish as the crown decks? Or something new?
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2012, 07:49:08 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
All of the crown deck v1's sold out extremely fast and those weren't even fully custom...

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2012, 07:52:44 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
All of the crown deck v1's sold out extremely fast and those weren't even fully custom...
Ya but they were limited runs

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2012, 07:57:07 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Yes, same stock and finish as Crowns, so the same great handling!

Our v1 Crowns were extremely limited, because we had to order the cards before we launched the company.  We didn't know how the response would be, so it didn't make sense to risk making a gigantic run.

We definitely made more for the first batch of Vaudevilles, but as always, we can't print an unlimited number. This is still a somewhat limited run. I believe that we will probably re-print after the first batch is gone, but nothing is set in stone.

We always hope that we have enough to meet demand, but people continue to surprise us!  :)
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2012, 08:06:47 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Are you able to share what that stock and finish is?

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2012, 08:24:10 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
Are you able to share what that stock and finish is?

As i told you before its the same stock on the white arrcos as Kevin said on UC. So Magic finish with bike stock.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2012, 11:05:19 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Actually, gotta correct myself. Brain is a little fried after a long week!

We had discussed making the Vaudeville on the same stock/finish as Crowns, but for production we actually went with Bee stock and Magic Finish.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2012, 11:26:54 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Actually, gotta correct myself. Brain is a little fried after a long week!

We had discussed making the Vaudeville on the same stock/finish as Crowns, but for production we actually went with Bee stock and Magic Finish.
Yes! The Black Acorn decks have that combo and I love it! The vaudeville deck is going to be great.
Just out of curiosity, is there any metallic ink on the deck?

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2012, 09:08:09 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
a teaser of the tuck box...

CBJ

Click pic for a larger view

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:08:52 PM by CBJ »

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2012, 09:11:14 PM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
Looks sumptuous. And from what I've seen of the rest, it's not just a pretty exterior.
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
This deck looks like it is going to be a very cool deck! The box from the pic looks nice, Idk how many to get though because of the De'vo releases as well  :-\

« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2012, 09:56:39 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
This deck looks like it is going to be a very cool deck! The box from the pic looks nice, Idk how many to get though because of the De'vo releases as well  :-\

If I had to choose between this and De'vo's deck, I'd choose this!

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2012, 11:14:51 PM »

anep21

• Elite Member
de'vo's is limited, this is not. so i'll buy this later

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2012, 12:09:59 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Based on how quickly our previous decks have sold, we expect the Vaudeville deck to sell very fast as well.

This version won't be printed again.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2012, 12:30:45 AM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
Based on how quickly our previous decks have sold, we expect the Vaudeville deck to sell very fast as well.

Hold up. Are you saying that more then 1 edition of Vaudeville would be put out over time? Perhaps with new court cards, backs, and face cards?

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2012, 01:13:04 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Hey Reylek, Can you tell us a release time for the decks, do you think these will be as fast of a sell-out as the Black Crowns? Are more of these printed than Black Crown?

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2012, 04:19:48 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I recall reading that the deck will be up for sale midnight on Friday (Thursday night/Friday morning), Eastern Daylight Time.

This VERSION won't be printed again.  Much like the Crown Decks all went through a 1st Edition before having the "unlimited" edition.

Limited or not, I don't care.  This seems like a far more interesting deck.  De'vo's decks have nice backs, standard faces with a somewhat-interesting red/black scheme and they handle well (like umpteen hundred other decks on the market today).  If I have to choose based on finances, I'd drop the De'vo decks and focus on this and White Vision.

BTW: Am I the only one who got a laugh at how Google Translate changed the deck title of Vision going from French to English?  If you haven't already, check it out - it's funny...

Will Vaudeville sell out?  You might as well ask him who's going to win the World Series, or if Obama will be voted into a second presidential term...  He has no idea what the actual public response will be like, only estimates and guesswork.  Don't ask me, I left my crystal ball in my other jacket...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:20:28 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2012, 08:28:57 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen

would you care to tell us more ?? how many version will be out .. will it be like crown deck ?? that has a second print ??

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2012, 09:27:18 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
Hold up. Are you saying that more then 1 edition of Vaudeville would be put out over time? Perhaps with new court cards, backs, and face cards?
would you care to tell us more ?? how many version will be out .. will it be like crown deck ?? that has a second print ??
Always so hungry for information about decks! Let the first edition come; buy your decks; enjoy them. Then start wondering about the next edition! haha.
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2012, 10:01:12 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Always so hungry for information about decks! Let the first edition come; buy your decks; enjoy them. Then start wondering about the next edition! haha.
how i wish i could do that .. but 5 new releases coming out .. i need to plan it carefully

« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I believe it will be like crown decks.
The first version limited, then reprint with little changes and call them v.2
I think it's not gonna sold out that fast.
But it nice to have few decks.

« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2012, 07:02:10 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I'm with Linguist.  We've barely released info on the Vaudeville deck to begin with, so we're far from being at a point to discuss any potential future versions.

This deck has been about 10 months in the making, so all of our focus is on this one, not what might happen with it down the line. I really do think you guys are gonna love it, there's nothing else like it on the market.

It's very possible that these will sell out quickly. When launch day comes, if you like the deck, that's your best bet to purchase.

Also, check out the contest we have running on Facebook and in our forums now through Thursday night.  You could win 3, 6, or 12 decks.

In traditional Blue Crown style, we'll also be going a little nuts on launch day with some extra little treats.  Stay tuned!

EDIT - I also see that someone asked about launch time.  Launch will be at midnight eastern time on March 23rd.  That's Thursday night/Friday morning here in NY.  00:00 for you international users.  Adjust your time zones accordingly.  That'll be 9:00PM pacific time on Thursday night, 4:00AM on Friday morning in London, and 12 noon on Friday in Shanghai.  Hope this makes it clear for everyone!  :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:14:20 PM by Reylek »
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2012, 12:16:54 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Quick update for everyone!  The Vaudeville decks will be available in just under 12 hours!

In addition to offering an incredible deck, we put together some other cool goodies. We have a special FREE bonus that will be given to everyone who purchases the deck from www.thebluecrown.com

We also have a few sweet prizes that will be won by a handful of lucky winners! Come check out the fun at midnight tonight!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2012, 01:34:25 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Quick update for everyone!  The Vaudeville decks will be available in just under 12 hours!

In addition to offering an incredible deck, we put together some other cool goodies. We have a special FREE bonus that will be given to everyone who purchases the deck from www.thebluecrown.com

We also have a few sweet prizes that will be won by a handful of lucky winners! Come check out the fun at midnight tonight!

Can you please tell us the price of these decks before they are released. I need to see how many I will be purchasing beforehand, so my mom will entrust me with her card  :P
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2012, 02:33:27 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Will you give more info on the prizes and goodies before the release please?

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2012, 07:27:18 PM »

jhayel84

• True Member
I wonder how much will it cost per deck?

« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2012, 07:29:43 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
They are on the site now: http://www.thebluecrown.com/store/playing-cards/the-vaudeville-deck.html
Not for sale until the release though.

« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2012, 07:45:20 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

Amen brother... Could you all just relax and enjoy your hobby without being a nervous wreck?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 07:46:33 PM by jmrock »

« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2012, 08:01:33 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys.  All of the final details (images, video, price, prize details, etc) will be available at launch.  Just like any product launch from any company, all of the 'meat' becomes available when the product becomes available.  For all of the work that has gone into the deck though, I think the price has been set at a very reasonable level.

Only 4 more hours to go!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2012, 11:22:20 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
http://www.thebluecrown.com/store/d-l-the-vaudeville-deck.html

Backs=Sexy

*Thank you Evan aka magicaddictz for the link*

« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2012, 11:24:38 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Wow those look amazing!! The backs are awesome and I really enjoy the color scheme they used. I've really warmed up to this deck! Fantastic work TBC!

« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2012, 11:28:34 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Ah we have a price! $6.95 per deck and more photos! http://www.thebluecrown.com/store/the-vaudeville-deck.html

« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2012, 11:31:08 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Now THIS is what making custom decks is all about. Thank you Blue Crown for raising the bar so high.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2012, 11:42:44 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

Those are gorgeous!!

I love the implementation of the curtain in the Card Back and the Tuck Box.
The cool old-world fortune teller machinery effects are really cool on both also.
The court cards are sweet. You can tell a ton of work and thought went into this.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2012, 11:48:59 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
...I just realized how amazing an Uncut sheet of this deck would look.

I tried finding a link but I can't.
May you please try Evan?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2012, 11:56:51 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

May you please try Evan?

Nathan posted TWO links above your post.  One for the deck, one for a free download of three tricks to go with it (if you buy the deck).  Check 'em out!

EDIT: uncut sheets usually show up under "Accessories" on TBC

2ND EDIT: It's after midnight and the page isn't changed - no purchase link yet.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:01:31 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2012, 11:57:43 PM »

vmagic

I doubt there are any uncuts, I don't recall the Blue Crown ever selling any uncuts of anything.

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2012, 11:58:55 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
do you guys think there will be some for tomorrow because i can't buy it until tomorrow ?

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2012, 12:02:08 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I doubt there are any uncuts, I don't recall the Blue Crown ever selling any uncuts of anything.
They sold uncut sheets of the Blue, Red, and Green crown decks... they're still for sale actually.

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2012, 12:08:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
They sold uncut sheets of the Blue, Red, and Green crown decks... they're still for sale actually.

Yeah, they've ALWAYS had uncuts.  Maybe you didn't look under "Accessories"?

do you guys think there will be some for tomorrow because i can't buy it until tomorrow ?

Dude, I said it above: my crystal ball is in my other pants.  I can't predict how fast these will sell out any better than I can predict what you're doing at 5:46:09pm Sunday night.  Traditionally, First Edition Blue Crown decks sell FAST.

« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2012, 12:15:12 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
There we go, 4 Vaudeville decks ordered. Pages were slightly slow to load, but no issues!
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2012, 12:17:11 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I had the buy button.. but now it's gone

grrr

« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2012, 12:18:43 AM »

wiepie

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Just ordered one Brick... use the coupon code  "BC2011" and it works....!!
There are no uncut for this deck available...

« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2012, 12:19:45 AM »

wiepie

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
I had the buy button.. but now it's gone

grrr

Jay, try to log out than log in again, then you'll see the "buy" button again

« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2012, 12:24:58 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

May you please try Evan?

Nathan posted TWO links above your post.  One for the deck, one for a free download of three tricks to go with it (if you buy the deck).  Check 'em out!

EDIT: uncut sheets usually show up under "Accessories" on TBC

2ND EDIT: It's after midnight and the page isn't changed - no purchase link yet.

When I asked Evan to find a link, I was referring to uncut sheets, not the cards of video, but alas, it seems the the sheets are a no-go.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2012, 12:29:20 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Picked up 4, with the coupon code it was a good deal, Very nice deck!

« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2012, 12:32:25 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I ordered 5 of them. They look absolutely fantastic! My dad even got a deck.
Great work Blue Crown and I can't wait to see what else comes next.

« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2012, 12:33:07 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member

Aw, I had tried to use that coupon code and it didn't work for me. I didn't think it was a one time only one, but could be other factors too. I also tried 'BC2012' just to chance my luck, but to no avail! No problems though, it was still money well spent!

EDIT Reading the description for these cards is almost making me drool. The colours are extremely appealing and eye-catching in a very positive way, and it taps into an era where magic seemed to have a great deal of respect. But embossing, and gold foil accents?! I'm glad I bought four now - two to admire the box - one the front and one the back; and two to use! My favourite box design so far is the JAQK, and these look like good contenders to beat it. I didn't really care about the JAQK box in pictures, it's only when I received it and saw the details that I realised how intricate and dainty it is. If this vaudeville deck (tuck box and cards) has the same better-in-the-flesh effect then it's going to be a contender for favourite deck. I can say that without knowing about the handling because I don't really care about handling. Bicycle standards and everything up from that is fine for me for handling!

Anyway, it's 4:45am here now, time to go and dream about vaudeville. :bosswalk:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:45:28 AM by Linguist_ »
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2012, 12:38:42 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys!  Thanks for the amazing response so far!

I believe the coupon code listed is a one-time per customer deal, so if you've ever used it before, it won't work again.

No uncut sheets for now.

In the meantime, get your orders in for the deck, enjoy the free video (3 tricks taught by Alex Pandrea!), and try your luck to win one of our 4 prizes (Carter Beats the Devil Book, Set of 4 Mini Posters, Awesome Crystal Ball, and Signed Uncut Tuck Proof!)
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2012, 12:47:17 AM »

kc62002

• Newcomer

Aw, I had tried to use that coupon code and it didn't work for me. I didn't think it was a one time only one, but could be other factors too. I also tried 'BC2012' just to chance my luck, but to no avail! No problems though, it was still money well spent!

lol i did the same thing. I don't recall ever using the code. well, it would have saved me only about 2-3 bucks. I only ordered two but i don't mind paying the normal price for a nice custom deck.

« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2012, 12:55:01 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Picked up a couple to add to the collection, looks like a beautiful deck and I am excited to have them in my collection. Props the TBC for a solid price on their shipping options. First Class international for 7 bucks is a refreshing sight to see.

« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2012, 01:00:39 AM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Ordered a brick of these too.. Better get them when the first edition still lasts. it'll be hard to get it once it's gone.

« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2012, 01:13:52 AM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
Ordered a brick and Prism. Tried using the BC2011 code and it did not work. I have never used the code before (my last order was last year) so am unsure why it does not work for my Prism purchase.

How do I get to the free Vaudeville video? After buying the decks, I do not see any D/L button for the video...

« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2012, 01:18:04 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
got a brick of them ordred the raffle looks cool too yeah where is the video ? and the code didnt work for me either i have never odred from there before i just registred now
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:20:41 AM by zaganh »

« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2012, 01:31:59 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys.  I'll check with the webmaster to see what the deal is with the coupon code.

Just as a heads-up, that code was not a publicly-available promo, it was given as a prize a few months ago and really was only intended for use by those who received it directly from The Blue Crown.  So I'm not sure if it's linked to accounts, etc.

Also, for the free trick video - we had a slight technical error, but rest assured the free video will be emailed to all customers!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2012, 01:37:50 AM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
Hey guys.  I'll check with the webmaster to see what the deal is with the coupon code.

Just as a heads-up, that code was not a publicly-available promo, it was given as a prize a few months ago and really was only intended for use by those who received it directly from The Blue Crown.  So I'm not sure if it's linked to accounts, etc.

Also, for the free trick video - we had a slight technical error, but rest assured the free video will be emailed to all customers!

Cheers Reylek, good to know. FYI I did get the code directly from TBC for purchasing too many Crown decks. Anyway I will wait for TBC Support to reply me.

« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2012, 01:45:11 AM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
Good morning,
i´ve got a different code as you have posted...but it doesnt work either.
In my mail from last years order it stated that the code will work from Jan 1st.
Gonna wait with my order until we get news on that  ;)
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2012, 02:01:43 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys.  It looks like the coupon code has been suspended for now, because too many people were taking advantage of it after it was publicly posted.

As I mentioned, it was originally given out as a prize for certain customers, it was not a public code. The only way to prevent misuse for the time being was to disable it altogether.

If you are a customer who is entitled to a code, I'm sure we will figure out a solution to make sure you are able to redeem your prize.

Thanks!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2012, 02:06:42 AM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
Back to the cards themselves: I love the colors on the backs! I picked up 4.

« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2012, 04:59:44 AM »

Gareth

• 52 Plus Joker Member

• Kickstarter:
can you all use the discount code?? i am intending to order around 1 brick but i cant use the discount code
LMFAO....  what can you say?

On Topic:
I really appreciate the design on these decks,  They've got actual color in them (ie. not black cards), and design appears to really flow throughout the cards and the tuck boxes. 

Count me as really impressed with TBC - whereas the various colored crown decks didn't inspire great confidence in terms of design, this is excellent!   Congratulations Reylek, et al.

« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2012, 02:06:18 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
i didnt like the crown deck the green ones looked cool but i got some black crowns and hated them so i didnt follow the vaudvile deck at all then when i saw the release video i was blown away it looks incredible i think it will be my new favouret deck when i get it i cant wait

did anyone get the video yet ?

« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2012, 02:13:44 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I havn`t got the video yet, and I also LOVE this deck, hopefully it handles a little different then the Crowns because I didn`t love the handling on those.

« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2012, 02:22:21 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
So is this going to be an unlimited deck, or will it be limited like all of the other TBC decks.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2012, 02:23:33 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I havn`t got the video yet, and I also LOVE this deck, hopefully it handles a little different then the Crowns because I didn`t love the handling on those.

i saw the video in the store it said sold out i was worried everyone downloaded it while i slept haha me too i hated all things on the crowns the handling the desighn on the court cards i only liked the black crown box but these look incredible does anyone know what stock and finish they said somthing about it in the video ?

« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2012, 02:29:28 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Zaganh if I properly understood what you are saying, no, the dwnl that comes with the deck is not sold out, since it is a download..

« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2012, 02:48:01 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
Not sure if this was already talked about, but can anyone confirmed that the 1st Edition Vaudeville will be a limited run and once it runs out, a 2nd edition will be released? Or will the Vaudeville be just a deck of cards will a regular run?

anyway, on the download, I received the download link in my inbox within 5 minutes of finalizing my payment so for those who have not got it, i'm sure it'll be sent due time.

« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2012, 02:49:08 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I don't know if this is true or not but I added certain amounts of the Vaudeville deck into my cart and any number above 7885 was not available.

« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2012, 02:59:43 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Could be a 10k-20k run?

« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2012, 03:08:11 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I did the same as Evan and this morning anything over 8500 wasn't available so I'm guessing that's one way to tell how many they have.
UC

« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2012, 03:47:30 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
At the time of me posting this, the maximum number it can go to is 7827 decks amounting to $46257.57...

« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2012, 05:14:21 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
So. If my calculations are correct, they printed between 10 and 15K. If 8500 remain as of this morning, taking into account that BC kept a lot for themselves and for giveaways and also taking into account that they started selling (very quickly) about 16 hours ago, 10-15K should be about right.

« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2012, 07:52:36 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
I ordered two of these decks, they look pretty cool and I just finished watching the download. The download has a couple of tricks you can do with the double back reveal card ( neat feature for a double backer ).

« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2012, 08:14:04 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I ordered two of these decks, they look pretty cool and I just finished watching the download. The download has a couple of tricks you can do with the double back reveal card ( neat feature for a double backer ).
How advanced are the tricks?

« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
How advanced are the tricks?

The tricks are fairly simple, if you can do a force and double lift then you'll have no problems.

« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2012, 03:53:34 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i thought the code is for everyone who order during the lucky draw season ?? if i order somthing from TBC i could stand a chance to win somthing but if i order more than 50 i can receive a pdf if i spent 150 i can receive a free t-shirt and 200 a black crown and 300 a free uncut sheet of the black crown .. and all order will receive the reveal seal and a discount code .. i did not receive the PDF file and the reveal seals contacted thebluecrown more than 3 times but never receive any reply but i dun mind at that at now the discount code is even gone ?

« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2012, 05:44:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
i thought the code is for everyone who order during the lucky draw season ?? if i order somthing from TBC i could stand a chance to win somthing but if i order more than 50 i can receive a pdf if i spent 150 i can receive a free t-shirt and 200 a black crown and 300 a free uncut sheet of the black crown .. and all order will receive the reveal seal and a discount code .. i did not receive the PDF file and the reveal seals contacted thebluecrown more than 3 times but never receive any reply but i dun mind at that at now the discount code is even gone ?

OK, that's one garbled mess of "English" you have there...

Simply put: a SMALL and SPECIFIC group of people were given this code by Blue Crown for use in their shop.  Somehow the code "got into the wild" and was passed around.  So many people were ordering the Vaudeville deck and attempting to use this code that they were forced to disable the code, and are manually sorting out the issue of who placed an order and was legitimately entitled to use the code, and who placed an order but isn't entitled.

The code was never meant for broad use by anyone who wanted it.  Unless you got it straight from them, you never had the right to use it in the first place.

« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2012, 06:44:11 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
All order during the holiday season will get the code .. but now they disabled the code .. how can i get the new code since i ordered during the holiday season i hope to order asap because i am scare that the deck might be sold out and also they have a lucky draw for people who purchase the deck

« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2012, 07:51:31 AM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
All order during the holiday season will get the code .. but now they disabled the code .. how can i get the new code since i ordered during the holiday season i hope to order asap because i am scare that the deck might be sold out and also they have a lucky draw for people who purchase the deck

If you are intending to buy a brick, you are getting 15% off. Why do you need the holiday discount code that will give you the same 15% off?

« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2012, 08:25:26 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Did you personally receive the code from the Blue Crown via email?  If not, then no, you were not meant to use that code; just buy with the regular discounts offered.  If so, then make your purchase and bring it to the attention of Alex or Kevin, who will proceed to sort it out.  And as stated, if you buy a brick, it's the same discount, so what's the difference? I doubt you'd be able to stack discounts - retailers rarely allow that.

Re: Blue Crown 1st Anniv. Party/Vaudeville Deck NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2012, 09:01:34 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I was very pleased to see that my order had already shipped! That was quick!
Also, I received the video of how to use the trick in a separate email.

Great job Blue Crown!

« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2012, 09:08:35 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I was very pleased to see that my order had already shipped! That was quick!
Also, I received the video of how to use the trick in a separate email.

Great job Blue Crown!

mine two i got the tracking code at 6pm and i was like wheres the video its still not there but then i got the video in the e mail a few hours ago i like the force that was there i didnt know any forces

cant wait to get my hands on these =D

« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2012, 10:48:41 PM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
I ordered a brick and the codes did stack for me (recieved the "brick discount" and the "code discount"). Ofcourse I did order my brick within 30 minutes of the release and I did recieve my code by email. I don't know if the discounts will still stack since they disabled the code and seem to be reviewing the discount code on a case by case basis. Just thought this might be worth checking into for anyone who this would apply. I will say I was pleasantly supprised they would stack...Like Don said....Most sites don't allow stackable codes and I can truthfully say I would have ordered the brick anyway! To give you an example of this.....even if you become a member of the D&D club (I think its around $90 a year) you still only get 15% off...but if you order a brick or more you get 15% off anyway....so the membership only helps you out if you only want a couple of decks. The only other place I know you can stack discounts is Ellusionist. The magic10 works with the "large quantity discounts".

« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2012, 12:02:14 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Mine shipped this morning also, I really hope I won one of those prizes! I really want that uncut tuck box.

« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2012, 12:08:22 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Mine shipped this morning also, I really hope I won one of those prizes! I really want that uncut tuck box.

i hope i won one too i really want the crystal ball ^^

« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2012, 01:57:27 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I dont recall seeing how we know who won. Is it placed in random packages? is it announced?

« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2012, 02:05:44 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
How bout this... Nice Effin Deck... Finally a deck release everyone in card collecting can be proud of... Do I need to discuss what exactly about this deck I like?  Everything... the art is great, the box is great, the pips are nice, and the all around theme of the deck was executed perfectly from what I see... Love the idea of famous past magicians as the kings... Nicely thought out... Big fan of these...

« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2012, 02:27:57 AM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
I purchased two of these. I like the deck overall, but I don't really like the brown background of the court cards. I think the court cards themselves are okay ( not bad ) but the background could have been better. I love the custom pips and numbers they made. I also like there own custom font they made as well. The backs of the cards are phenomenal, just like the box.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:28:38 AM by austin »

« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2012, 02:53:41 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I dont recall seeing how we know who won. Is it placed in random packages? is it announced?
Random Packages will recieve the prizes.

« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2012, 06:07:25 AM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
I ordered a brick and the codes did stack for me (recieved the "brick discount" and the "code discount"). Ofcourse I did order my brick within 30 minutes of the release and I did recieve my code by email. I don't know if the discounts will still stack since they disabled the code and seem to be reviewing the discount code on a case by case basis. Just thought this might be worth checking into for anyone who this would apply. I will say I was pleasantly supprised they would stack...Like Don said....Most sites don't allow stackable codes and I can truthfully say I would have ordered the brick anyway! To give you an example of this.....even if you become a member of the D&D club (I think its around $90 a year) you still only get 15% off...but if you order a brick or more you get 15% off anyway....so the membership only helps you out if you only want a couple of decks. The only other place I know you can stack discounts is Ellusionist. The magic10 works with the "large quantity discounts".

In that case, my apologies to hawjinjian and I will be hounding TBC for my 15%  :bosswalk:

« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2012, 11:53:04 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member

I don't imagine they would be able to place it in random packages. Each deck ordered within the first 48 hours equals one raffle entry. This means that they'd need to wait until the 48 hours is done before choosing the four winners. If they put the prizes into random packages then they'd be doing it before all the entries were in and it wouldn't be fair.

I don't think they'll announce it either. More likely, they'll pick the four people and send the prizes seperate, since it's likely that the package with the cards has already been sent.
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2012, 02:06:33 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys.  Yes, the prizes will be sent separately from any orders. We'll be announcing the winners later on this evening, hang tight!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2012, 02:43:25 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hey guys.  Yes, the prizes will be sent separately from any orders. We'll be announcing the winners later on this evening, hang tight!

Awesome, Kevin!  Thanks.

« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2012, 02:04:56 PM »

MDCasino

• True Member
I got my vaudaville's in the mail today. Anyone else?

I gotta say these cards are pretty awesome. I didnt even realize the pips were all custom drawn untill they showed up. Any feedback from anyone else?

« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2012, 06:10:51 PM »

vmagic

Mine have shipped, but they are probably a week away.  :(

« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2012, 06:24:55 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Mine have shipped, but they are probably a week away.  :(
You live in Canada. Despite the international shipping, they are a company from NYC, so you should get it soon!

« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2012, 06:28:41 PM »

DelMagic

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
First minute impression: Nice deck - handles well - faros well - fans well - medium stiffness.

I noticed before even opening the box these have the same odor issue that the black & silver acorns have.

« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2012, 06:35:56 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
First minute impression: Nice deck - handles well - faros well - fans well - medium stiffness.

I noticed before even opening the box these have the same odor issue that the black & silver acorns have.
Not wanting to get off topic, but I own both the cambric and the ivory black & silver CARC acorns and I haven't had such a problem. Maybe it was just your deck.

« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2012, 02:18:25 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Not wanting to get off topic, but I own both the cambric and the ivory black & silver CARC acorns and I haven't had such a problem. Maybe it was just your deck.

Magic Finish decks have a reputation for having that smell to them.  It's not entirely unpleasant, and it wears off with time and usage.  SHOW US SOME PHOTOS, BRO!!!  :))

« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2012, 02:39:47 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
I still don't understand what is so bad about the smell, I actually kinda like it. It smells like quality. :P
I got 3 decks in the mail - hopefully they won't be damaged. TBC's international shipping is affordable, but less than decent in terms of padding. :-\
Those who have the deck already, do post pictures! I can't wait to see more of it.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2012, 05:37:44 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I still don't understand what is so bad about the smell, I actually kinda like it. It smells like quality. :P
I got 3 decks in the mail - hopefully they won't be damaged. TBC's international shipping is affordable, but less than decent in terms of padding. :-\
Those who have the deck already, do post pictures! I can't wait to see more of it.

My fiancee actually likes the smell - but it can be a bit strong sometimes, especially with a freshly-opened pack.  I don't find it unpleasant - it reminds me of "new car" smell.  (Unfortunately, new car smell is actually derived from formaldehyde used in the upholstery!)

« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2012, 11:12:26 AM »

daven78

• Newcomer

Magic Finish decks have a reputation for having that smell to them.  It's not entirely unpleasant, and it wears off with time and usage.  SHOW US SOME PHOTOS, BRO!!!  :))

Here's some photos of the cards, I received my decks on Monday. 

These are very nice cards...beautify colors, functional and a great collectible deck!

« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2012, 12:43:52 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Thanks for the pics, I can't wait for this deck, I got 4 of them. I am not a hugh fan of the Ace of spades though, I dont know why I just don't really like them shape of it.

« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2012, 12:53:51 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Here's some photos of the cards, I received my decks on Monday. 

These are very nice cards...beautify colors, functional and a great collectible deck!

Welcome to the forums! Just wondering, does the box have any reveals (i.e. flap, barcode, seal etc)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:55:31 PM by Curt »

« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2012, 01:04:48 PM »

daven78

• Newcomer
No reveal on the flap or on the box, but the double backer has a subtle reveal on one side.  Alex has a short video with 3 ways to use it.  If you purchase the deck(s) from the blue crown, they email it to you.  You can see it in one of the pictures, the double backer is next to the joker and above the box.  In the center of the crystal ball you can see the queen of hearts appearing.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:10:52 PM by daven78 »

« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2012, 02:58:57 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got mine in the mail yesterday and they broke in really quickly and nicely. The stock seems really soft to me but it handles amazingly! The fans look pretty awesome with the thin border on the sides and thick border at the top and bottom. Spread also look incredible and my favorite is one handed fans. I am incredibly happy with this deck and have only found one thing that I wish was done differently. I wish the indices were closer to the edge because in fans, it doesnt show up in a lot of places.

« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2012, 12:46:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I had lunch with Kevin and Alex on Thursday; Alex handed me a deck to keep (thanks again, bro)!  There's some really nice features throughout that deck.  I'll tip you on one of them.

Take the tuck box and fold the top flap to cover the opening, but with the flap outside of the box, and hold it against the back of the box.  The artwork on the flap blends in with the back art, resembling a theater proscenium.  Originally they wanted to create a proscenium image for all of the card backs, but it would have made having a two-way design and making it look good at the same time very difficult to pull off.

« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2012, 10:12:21 AM »

daven78

• Newcomer
I had lunch with Kevin and Alex on Thursday; Alex handed me a deck to keep (thanks again, bro)!  There's some really nice features throughout that deck.  I'll tip you on one of them.

Take the tuck box and fold the top flap to cover the opening, but with the flap outside of the box, and hold it against the back of the box.  The artwork on the flap blends in with the back art, resembling a theater proscenium.  Originally they wanted to create a proscenium image for all of the card backs, but it would have made having a two-way design and making it look good at the same time very difficult to pull off.

Very nice look, I like the flap design, what else is there that you can share?

« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2012, 11:06:59 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Very nice look, I like the flap design, what else is there that you can share?

Well, you know that reveal?  Notice that the non-reveal side of the double backer looks really, really close to the reveal side, right down to that diagonal line in the crystal.  With a little sleight of hand, you can make that reveal "disappear", seemingly by only rubbing it a little with your finger, as if you were rubbing the crystal ball...  Or vice versa, make it appear that way - one or the other, or both.  It's fun to mess with people's minds, isn't it?  :))

« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2012, 11:23:38 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Haha you just can't stop making me jealous!!! Are there any other cool features that you know of that weren't mentionned so far?

« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2012, 02:32:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Haha you just can't stop making me jealous!!! Are there any other cool features that you know of that weren't mentionned so far?

Well, I hope you saw the one I posted just before your post...

The rest are trade secrets!  Just kidding, that was pretty much it.

« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Just received my Vaudeville decks today! I don't usually open decks in my collection but due to the unique design I felt compelled to, and have no regrets. I am a big fan of this deck, looks great, handles amazing so far! I am very pleased to add this to my collection, thanks BC!

« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2012, 11:32:36 AM »

jackkingoff_suite

• Newcomer
Anybody else notice the inconsistency with the back design border 

« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2012, 11:36:29 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
If you mean thicker on top and bottom then the sides, then yes, and I believe that was intentional.

The one thing that agrivates me about the deck is the fact that the front of the ad cars is pure white, so it sticks out like a sore thumb when I have the whole deck and I'm shuffling and messing with it, but it is no big deal.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2012, 01:52:38 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
If you mean thicker on top and bottom then the sides, then yes, and I believe that was intentional.

The one thing that agrivates me about the deck is the fact that the front of the ad cars is pure white, so it sticks out like a sore thumb when I have the whole deck and I'm shuffling and messing with it, but it is no big deal.

??  Who uses ad cards?  Most flourishers remove them because they're not very attractive, am I right?  Magicians don't generally use them, either, unless they're really gaffs and not ads.

« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2012, 07:20:52 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I got my Vaudeville's today, They feel AMAZING! It feels like they have fanning powder on them is that possible? and the stock is super soft and the design is beautiful, I love them!

« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2012, 07:51:22 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I got my Vaudeville's today, They feel AMAZING! It feels like they have fanning powder on them is that possible? and the stock is super soft and the design is beautiful, I love them!

It's just Magic Finish.  They're pretty slippery.  The stock is soft, like Aristocrat should be.

« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2012, 07:53:49 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

??  Who uses ad cards?  Most flourishers remove them because they're not very attractive, am I right?  Magicians don't generally use them, either, unless they're really gaffs and not ads.

Like I said, I was just being picky and it's no big deal. It's just that generally I like to keep all the cards in the deck when I mess with it, and I just think it looks odd, and I saw no reason why they wouldn't.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2012, 11:12:45 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Like I said, I was just being picky and it's no big deal. It's just that generally I like to keep all the cards in the deck when I mess with it, and I just think it looks odd, and I saw no reason why they wouldn't.

Some people like to keep the ad card in theme with the deck, as Ellusionist often does.  Some, though, prefer the ad be more easily readable - after all, it is an advertisement.  I think the BC ad card wouldn't have looked as nice in the deck's theme colors.