You are Here:
NEW DECK - April Fool's Deck from De'vo.

Author (Read 31294 times)

Re: NEW DECK - April Fool's Deck from De'vo.
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2012, 03:46:47 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
sure .. it get my pretty excited for the deck .. i really like the box of the deck look pretty cool and the back of the box look super cool !! and hearing jerry voice in the background make me super excited

« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2012, 04:26:42 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Guys i was surfing around the net .. and guess what i found ?? a video about the april fool deck which is known as pro cardistry deck .. this video is sort of a teaser trailer etc .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDJJlvbDkJ4&list=UUqp_RqDpNAQlQOTrHCcgEbA&index=1&feature=plcp

Kind of funny video haha A little weird but hey, why not have some fun right? It didn't really get me excited for the deck or anything. I would have been shocked if they had showed the cards!

Thanks the link!

Even without the audio, I can see the guy's got a sense of humor...  Funny thing is, the video states that the end that the deck will be available in March.  Did someone promote April 1st to being part of March?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2012, 04:34:43 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already but my guess with this deck is just to take the piss out of Cardistry, as we know De'vos style of what he calls XCM differs from say the Dan & Dave style of cuts and we know they've had some issues in the past and so I'm guessing it's just as I said a deck that in some way belittles Cardistry, a term that De'vo has taken a stab at many times.

Maybe he'll have images of two handed cuts with big X's across them or maybe somethng completley different but going on the name 'Pro Cardistry' deck and the fact that its an April fools deck then I really wont be suprised if it's just a joke deck trashing Cardistry/2 handed cuts.

Will I get them? I'll probably get one if they release them along with the other products, otherwise I'll be paying shipping more that once, I prefer two handed cuts over the XCM style stuff that De'vo does so getting a deck that takes the mick out of Cradistry as it's coined nowadays isn't something I really like the idea of but I can take the joke.  I cant find it anymore as the Handlordz forum has no archive but I'm sure a while ago De'vo wrote an article on the term Cardistry and how he basically does not like it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:44:48 AM by the flying fisherman »
UC

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2012, 04:50:04 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
Even without the audio, I can see the guy's got a sense of humor...  Funny thing is, the video states that the end that the deck will be available in March.  Did someone promote April 1st to being part of March?
The video description explains that the deck will be for sale in March, but they won't release any pictures/videos of the deck until April 1st. Meaning that to buy it when it is released is to take a risk at what the deck will or will not be. If you want to know what the deck is before you buy, you'll have to wait until April 1st. Presumably also it will take a day or more to dispatch and then a few days to reach whoever buys.

I don't know much about De'vo. I've got the Xtreme Beginnerz DVD and I've seen bits of Cradle to the Grave, but his style and attitude isn't something that appeals to me. I get the impression that he is very materialistic and elitist about XCM - although, that could be way off.

Nevertheless, it mentions that the 'Pro-Cardistry' deck will be given as part of a variety box with the Blood Metal cards, and so if that is a fair price then I'll maybe pick it up as part of that.
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2012, 06:30:56 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Guys i was surfing around the net .. and guess what i found ?? a video about the april fool deck which is known as pro cardistry deck .. this video is sort of a teaser trailer etc .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDJJlvbDkJ4&list=UUqp_RqDpNAQlQOTrHCcgEbA&index=1&feature=plcp

Kind of funny video haha A little weird but hey, why not have some fun right? It didn't really get me excited for the deck or anything. I would have been shocked if they had showed the cards!

Thanks the link!

i really like jerry sense of humor .. he also did a review on the other blades deck and all of them are pretty funny .. and he is also very skillful
here are the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEwdVODpdr0&feature=plcp&context=C4a0140dVDvjVQa1PpcFNhA1yz6Jc8U8EzMXUoibC7II_6BkZzVbc%3D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3OA8UrEJyI&feature=plcp&context=C4b034a3VDvjVQa1PpcFNhA1yz6Jc8U3MIGnOWdFLkTql_lYuZhhs%3D

« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2012, 06:48:05 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
After seeing th video, I am still very interested in this deck, and when he said "Is it the queen of Skulls" that made me think that maybe he has all new pips. I know it would be bizzare, but if this as as customized and new as he says it is, I wouldn't be surprised.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2012, 06:45:15 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
He mentioned earlier that the deck would be good for magic - something De'vo could've cared less about not long ago.  This deck might be a joke deck poking fun at cardistry, or it might be an olive branch to the magic community.

@Linguist_: as far as I know, all the announcements for this deck and the Blood decks are that they're all releasing on April 1st.  I suspect the March thing was an oversight, or perhaps referred to how the deck will probably go on sale at midnight on the night of March 31st, technically the beginning of April.

« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2012, 04:34:19 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
@Don... This is a joke deck... The deck is just awful... Would you look at it... I am starting to question the card collectors on this forum... I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion... However, there has been so much hype and support over what really looks like such absolute garbage lately including these satanic, creepy, and just plain yuck cards... I will tell you I was sent a link to one of his performances and Devo is a real genius, but from the stories I've heard he still sounds like a schmuck and his cards are just a joke... I have not made a place for any of his decks in my collection and I feel in the long term they will be worthless (just my opinion)...

« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Just found out that the 5 new products will go for sale on Friday, March 23rd and will ship out on Monday, March 26th!

And they will sell a 3 deck Variety pack for  $19.99 and a 6 deck variety pack for $39.99 having 1 or 2 each of the 3 new decks - Blades Blood Edition, Blades Blood METAL Edition (Silver Gilded) and our hilarious "Pro-Cardistry" deck(April Fools).

« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2012, 02:53:49 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I haven't read through this thread and don't know if this was posted yet or not, but it looks great:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDJJlvbDkJ4

« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2012, 01:16:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
@Don... This is a joke deck... The deck is just awful... Would you look at it... I am starting to question the card collectors on this forum... I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion... However, there has been so much hype and support over what really looks like such absolute garbage lately including these satanic, creepy, and just plain yuck cards... I will tell you I was sent a link to one of his performances and Devo is a real genius, but from the stories I've heard he still sounds like a schmuck and his cards are just a joke... I have not made a place for any of his decks in my collection and I feel in the long term they will be worthless (just my opinion)...

Did the video show images of the cards?  I have no audio at work and didn't have the time to watch the whole thing, but in skimming it, it didn't appear to be the case.  We haven't seem more than glimpses of the faces, and none of the backs.  We know largely what the box looks like and little more than that.  I prefer reserving judgment on things until I've either seen them myself or heard from a reliable person with similar tastes about them.

Either way, it doesn't matter.  Money's a little tight right now so I won't be buying them.

I don't mean this as an attack, but there's a funny expression related to these kinds of conversations and I thought you'd get a laugh out of it.  "Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one and most of them stink!"  You can feel free to express a personal opinion, but if you post it in a public forum like this, people are likely to ask you (as I'm about to right now) why you hold those opinions.  What specifically turned you off about this deck - a deck that no one's actually seen much of?

« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2012, 06:37:44 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I just got these decks in today and all I can say so far is that they're pretty freaking hilarious.

« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2012, 06:48:57 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I just got these decks in today and all I can say so far is that they're pretty freaking hilarious.

Is that a good thing, and are all the cards customized?

Edit: Also, are they Satanic or Innapropriate?

P.S. If you are going to post photos, please message me to warn me. I want to stay surprised  :-[
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:53:19 PM by loldudex2 »
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2012, 06:50:53 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Pictures, pretty PLEASE!?

« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2012, 06:59:37 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I won't post pictures because I don't want to ruin the surprise for others.

The pips and font designs are standard bicycle, the Ace of Spades is customized and so are the court cards, but there's almost no variation between the Jacks, Queens and Kings. I'm sorry, but I can't go into more detail without ruining it. ;D

« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2012, 07:08:55 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Thank you for not spoiling the surprise!  :)
I'm excited to see what they look like! I'm pretty happy that they at least have custom court cards.
Does it seem odd that De'vo would make a joke deck though? He's always mean and serious  :P

« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2012, 07:38:12 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

The pips and font designs are standard bicycle, the Ace of Spades is customized and so are the court cards, but there's almost no variation between the Jacks, Queens and Kings. I'm sorry, but I can't go into more detail without ruining it. ;D
Will you be able to post pictures in about a week or two? Because otherwise how will those who don't own the deck be able to see what's in them?

« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2012, 08:09:25 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Will you be able to post pictures in about a week or two? Because otherwise how will those who don't own the deck be able to see what's in them?
Don't worry, there will be pics and videos floating around and.... reviews!  ;)

« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2012, 08:28:49 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Haha how many did you order?

« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2012, 08:53:02 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Haha how many did you order?
I ordered 2 so I will open one for review and playing around with, and keep one sealed.

« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2012, 09:29:46 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I think no one should put pictures up on this thread for awile, It will be 2 1/2 -3 weeks before I have mine so I don`t want to spoil it. I coulld just avoid the thread though, so do whatever.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2012, 09:42:23 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Just for curtsy purposes, if you want to post pictures of this deck within the next month, post the photos on Flickr or another photo sharing site, and post the link here so people can avoid the links without having to avoid the whole thread altogether.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2012, 10:09:34 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Just for curtsy purposes, if you want to post pictures of this deck within the next month, post the photos on Flickr or another photo sharing site, and post the link here so people can avoid the links without having to avoid the whole thread altogether.
That's a good idea. Although it might be tempting for some to click on the links... But can anyone who has recieved their deck plz film it and post a link here or take pictures and post a link to them?
Thx a lot
(I'm impatient, as you can see).

« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Thank you very much guys, I think that is a good idea, that way if people who have not recieved the deck want to see it they can but people who want to wait also have the chance to be surprised.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2012, 12:38:50 AM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
Well, I took some pictures of my deck since there seems to be a consensus about it. Below is a link to a photo album so you don't have to see them without avoiding the entire thread.

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS. CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.