You are Here:
NEW DECK - April Fool's Deck from De'vo.

Author (Read 31293 times)

Re: NEW DECK - April Fool's Deck from De'vo.
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2012, 09:17:52 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
He posted at the Facebook.

"Some will laugh, some will cry, some won't get it at all."

What is this supposed to mean?
Also, he said no refund.

« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2012, 09:32:04 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
He posted at the Facebook.

"Some will laugh, some will cry, some won't get it at all."

What is this supposed to mean?
Also, he said no refund.
This will mean that it will be a vey weird deck. It's weirdness will make some people laugh, others cry, and others just confused. No refund because he knows that many people won't like it but he doesn't want to lose business.

« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2012, 09:42:16 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Maybe this is not 52 cards like other decks.
Maybe it's just a blank deck. Or some useless 52 cards without Spade, Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts.

« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2012, 09:46:41 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Maybe when you open the card box there is nothing inside but a folded up note that says, "April Fools!!!"
- Adam

« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2012, 09:49:33 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Guys, De'vo says its a deck of cards. If its not, he'd look all respect from all of us.
He wouldn't do that. Its going to be a deck of card... I don't know what the designs are and none of us will know until we receive the decks.

« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2012, 09:51:12 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Maybe when you open the card box there is nothing inside but a folded up note that says, "April Fools!!!"
Yeah, probably something like that. In that case he won't reveal the cards. Ever.

« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2012, 05:55:30 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I mean he obviously has something up his sleeve with this one, but I'm pretty sure it's still a deck!! I honestly just want to get one or two because this one of those experiences that isn't going to happen again (maybe...). I like the idea of it being a "mystery" deck. On top of all of that it makes for a great story whether it's a good deck or bad deck!!

@Nathan why do you keep asking everybody if they are a native English speaker? You might as well just start a thread in the talk park haha
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2012, 07:09:12 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Yeah, probably something like that. In that case he won't reveal the cards. Ever.

That would be a big surprise :o :o

« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2012, 06:36:56 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
...I honestly just want to get one or two because this one of those experiences that isn't going to happen again (maybe...)

Guys, it has all chances to become a sort of stupid tradition due to your energy [without offence].
[/size]
[/size]

That would be a big surprise :o :o

[/size]
[/size]I believe deserved one[/size] :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2012, 07:18:17 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
ok I am extremely confused, is he releasing 4 decks on april fools day? I just don`t understand he has:

Blood Blades
Blood Metal blades
April Fools Deck
Cardistry deck

Is the cardistry deck and april fools deck the same or what?
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2012, 07:21:45 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
ok I am extremely confused, is he releasing 4 decks on april fools day? I just don`t understand he has:

Blood Blades
Blood Metal blades
April Fools Deck
Cardistry deck

No the Cardistry Deck IS the April Fools Deck
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2012, 07:27:49 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Blood Blades
Blood Metal blades
April Fools Deck
Cardistry deck

No the Cardistry Deck IS the April Fools Deck
OoooK thanks for clearing that up.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2012, 01:43:59 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'm planning on ordering these decks, all three of them, but what the hell is it with all this secretivity bullshit lately with playing card companies?  De'vo has a "top secret" deck you have to buy sight unseen, Mana supposedly has their cards printed and ready, but won't begin shipments for eight weeks, and operates from a once-secret location in Hong Kong...  If this is a new trend in the business, I hope it's a short-lived one.  You can get away with this nonsense for only so long before people start saying "Screw this crap" and stop buying.  Save the cloak and dagger for the next James Bond movie, please...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2012, 03:08:33 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
after reading the comment on having blank face or the box is empty and inside has a paper with april fool etc  .. i was dam worried since i have decided to buy a brick of them so i went and sent them a message whether it will be a 56 card deck a normal pack ,, lady Z say she can ans my question etc ( i ask her quite a couple of question) she ask me to check their facebook page i went over and this is what is at the facebook page
The CARDISTRY deck is en route. Will be here probably on or around Tuesday. They won't be for sale however until all of the other products arrives, estimated middle to end of March. This is a real deck with 56 cards.  They are not all blank, this is a real deck with lots of custom work.  Totally ridiculous, but custom none the less.

« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2012, 03:22:42 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
after reading the comment on having blank face or the box is empty and inside has a paper with april fool etc  .. i was dam worried since i have decided to buy a brick of them so i went and sent them a message whether it will be a 56 card deck a normal pack ,, lady Z say she can ans my question etc ( i ask her quite a couple of question) she ask me to check their facebook page i went over and this is what is at the facebook page
The CARDISTRY deck is en route. Will be here probably on or around Tuesday. They won't be for sale however until all of the other products arrives, estimated middle to end of March. This is a real deck with 56 cards.  They are not all blank, this is a real deck with lots of custom work.  Totally ridiculous, but custom none the less.
I saw that. It is relieving to know that it will be a legit deck.

« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2012, 03:28:15 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
I saw that. It is relieving to know that it will be a legit deck.
same here very curious what it will be like

« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2012, 03:40:58 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I'm planning on ordering these decks, all three of them, but what the hell is it with all this secretivity bullshit lately with playing card companies?  De'vo has a "top secret" deck you have to buy sight unseen, Mana supposedly has their cards printed and ready, but won't begin shipments for eight weeks, and operates from a once-secret location in Hong Kong...  If this is a new trend in the business, I hope it's a short-lived one.  You can get away with this nonsense for only so long before people start saying "Screw this crap" and stop buying.  Save the cloak and dagger for the next James Bond movie, please...

I think you meant Skulkor? I haven't heard about all that stuff with Mana anyways. Sure it's annoying but with this deck that's why it's there! It's the mystery of April Fools day! Enjoy it

And honestly most all of us will keep buying decks. I can only picture a couple people on here actually saying "screw this crap" and stopping.

« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2012, 05:09:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I think you meant Skulkor? I haven't heard about all that stuff with Mana anyways. Sure it's annoying but with this deck that's why it's there! It's the mystery of April Fools day! Enjoy it

And honestly most all of us will keep buying decks. I can only picture a couple people on here actually saying "screw this crap" and stopping.

Oops, you're right.  Skulkor.

Nah - there are already people totally uninterested in the April Fool's Deck, because of the secrecy and because of how they feel about De'vo himself.  Many people are cracking jokes about Skulkor's "brotherhood" and just how deeply they drink from their own Kool-Aid.  That (plus a hefty shipping cost, and an inexplicable eight-week shipment delay, and the fact that they didn't reveal that they were located in Hong Kong until people started complaining) are all making people not want to buy, at least not from the source rather than a reseller.  If this trend lasts, I can see a more negative response from collectors.  It's a truly stupid way to do business.  Smart businesses build TRUST, not misgivings, and don't "skulk around" like they have something to hide.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2012, 01:35:03 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
i think this might be a crazy looking deck that the whole thing is pointless but none the less a real deck.  :t11:
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2012, 06:43:58 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
"To anyone that thought we didn't actually print the Cardistry deck - you were WRONG! ;) We came, we saw, and we kicked its ass.

PRINTED BY THE UNITED STATES PLAYING CARD COMPANY.

They are all in stock, but won't be for sale until the Blades get here, in a couple of weeks.

Shown is the tuck and custom ace of spades. Coming just in time for April Fools Day, Be ready!
Artwork by Brett Gross.
Will only be available at our store: http://www.xtremehandz.com/ " - De'vo

So, yea... he printed them! The box looks a lot better than I pictured but its still not a good looking box in my opinion. Here is the pic!

« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2012, 08:46:51 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
The box acctually isn`t as bad as I thought it was, I was expecting it to look but but I kinda like that box. :)

Also I like the little teaser of the Ace

« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2012, 09:16:15 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I think he is reading this board.
That's why he let us see the pics that this is really a deck of cards. LoL

« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2012, 10:12:06 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I really can't articulate how much this does NOT appeal to me. Ack. Good thing there are a lot of people in the world I guess, so these will find a happy home. Sure won't be in mine though.

And I do agree with Don that all the "mystery" of late is too forced and not really that much fun or inspiring, its really just annoying. I think there are ways to keep some suspense but still build some rapport with your audience but the stuff of late seems more manipulative and heavy handed. Don't like that very much.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2012, 02:49:57 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Guys i was surfing around the net .. and guess what i found ?? a video about the april fool deck which is known as pro cardistry deck .. this video is sort of a teaser trailer etc .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDJJlvbDkJ4&list=UUqp_RqDpNAQlQOTrHCcgEbA&index=1&feature=plcp

« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2012, 03:19:23 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Guys i was surfing around the net .. and guess what i found ?? a video about the april fool deck which is known as pro cardistry deck .. this video is sort of a teaser trailer etc .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDJJlvbDkJ4&list=UUqp_RqDpNAQlQOTrHCcgEbA&index=1&feature=plcp

Kind of funny video haha A little weird but hey, why not have some fun right? It didn't really get me excited for the deck or anything. I would have been shocked if they had showed the cards!

Thanks the link!