You are Here:
NEW DECK - April Fool's Deck from De'vo.

Author (Read 31266 times)

Re: NEW DECK - April Fool's Deck from De'vo.
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2012, 07:28:31 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I'm kinda sorry I didn't get one TBH; I think it's pretty funny and I actually like the design; it works and it's borderless!

It looks like De'vo still has them, so you should pick some up now.

Soo soo glad I didnt purchase this deck.  When i first looked at the pictures I couldnt help but chuckle at first.  Then I got this sick feeling in my stomach if I did happen to purchase any of these.

@loldudex2 - I think part of my feeling sick was for you man.  Just hearing that you spent quite a bit of money on a brick of these...  If it was me I would seriously cry.  I hope you enjoy them more than most of us on here.  And if not, Im sure goodwill or a local church will take them for the kids in sunday school.  Wish you the best.

I will probably get them today. I will let you know what I plan on doing with all of these "decks". I have little siblings so if it's bad enough I'll give it to them...as long as the box doesn't scare them away.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:43:43 AM by loldudex2 »
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2012, 07:43:59 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Lol... why on earth would you buy a brick of these?  They were marketed as a joke, you must have known something like this was coming.  You were well warned.

I'm having money troubles at the minute; no more decks for a while.

« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2012, 09:12:29 AM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
I don't know why everyone is so upset about this deck, I bought 2 packs before I saw the pictures.  He did exactly what he set out to do with this deck:  Take a little bit of the seriousness out of making playing cards.  I think they're hilarious.  I love them.  I'm more excited to add these cards to my collection than most other decks I've acquired.  Why?  Because it has a story.  It's not just T11, E, D&D, or someone released a new deck and I bought it... I actually get to show people the box, say "this is all anyone knew about this deck when I bought it."  Then I can open the box and show them what they put inside.  I think it's wonderful!
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2012, 10:44:21 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Lol... why on earth would you buy a brick of these?  They were marketed as a joke, you must have known something like this was coming.  You were well warned.

I'm having money troubles at the minute; no more decks for a while.

Because I wanted to take a risk! I haven't even seen the pictures yet, so I don't know how I feel, but I'm betting I will love it!
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2012, 10:52:08 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Wow. That is HILARIOUS. Not worth the price tag though IMO. LMFAO

« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Got a chuckle from me, and I can say that fan is ridiculously awesome. Still, can't imagine ever wanting to pull out the deck to play with or use in any fashion, so I'm glad I don't have any.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2012, 03:04:59 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I cracked up this morning when i saw pics of them  :P
I glad I didn't order more but I am happy that I ordered them. They only printed a small amount and I think they are pretty cool to own.

« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2012, 03:39:13 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I just got my order in guys, and what can I say, other then I love them! Please don't lose any respect for me when I tell you that this is in my top 3 favorite decks of all time. I find it hysterical, and I don't regret my purchase one bit.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2012, 03:45:58 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I just got my order in guys, and what can I say, other then I love them! Please don't lose any respect for me when I tell you that this is in my top 3 favorite decks of all time. I find it hysterical, and I don't regret my purchase one bit.
Do they look better in real life than on the pictures? or are they just your style? And how do they handle?

« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2012, 03:49:19 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I just got mine in the mail too! They are even funnier in person  :P
Like loldude, I don't regret my purchase either. Its a funny joke deck that I am happy to own. As for handling, it handles great! Just like most USPCC decks.

« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2012, 03:53:55 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Do they look better in real life than on the pictures? or are they just your style? And how do they handle?

1000x funnier in real life. Just taking them out of the box every time is awesome. As for my style, I don't really have a style, other then just loving weird and quirky things in general. Also, yes, they handle great. I would take a pack of these over my Blood Blades any day.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2012, 06:49:29 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Got mine today, and I have to take back my words. It really doesn't look that bad in actual. Fans are awesome!! However, 2 will be the absolute maximum amount of this deck i see myself getting. One i opened, and the other maybe just to remember as De'vo's april fools gift to us.

« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2012, 06:50:28 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
1000x funnier in real life. Just taking them out of the box every time is awesome. As for my style, I don't really have a style, other then just loving weird and quirky things in general. Also, yes, they handle great. I would take a pack of these over my Blood Blades any day.

Do you think they handled better than the Bloods out of the box too? Not bad for a Pro Cardistry deck, lol.

I don't regret buying this deck at all either, De'vo said he was making a joke deck and I think he succeeded. It's a funny addition to my collection

« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2012, 07:11:24 PM »

DelMagic

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
AWESOME! I love them! And I'm glad a bunch of people are so turned off by them. Maybe there will be some dumpers instead of scalpers and buyers can get these for a great price.

« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2012, 08:00:39 PM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
I do not like the design of the cards, but I love the idea and the concept. This will be one of those decks I will pull out to show my grandchildren 35 years later and explain why it is a Pro-Cardistry (April Fool) deck. Pure fun(ny).

« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2012, 09:39:02 AM »

jriffel

• True Member
We did tell "He Who Must Not Be Named" that we wanted something different.  What a sense of humor!  Well done.  I am going to break these out for my poker group later this morning.  What fun!  I'm glad that I bought a pair for my collection.  I usually purchase some sort of "whimsy" deck for each display-case.  This will do nicely.

« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2012, 01:07:50 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
We did tell "He Who Must Not Be Named" that we wanted something different.  What a sense of humor!  Well done.  I am going to break these out for my poker group later this morning.  What fun!  I'm glad that I bought a pair for my collection.  I usually purchase some sort of "whimsy" deck for each display-case.  This will do nicely.
They might think you've suddenly become crazy :P or you're cheating with these new cards.
PS: I thought we had stopped calling him that way...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:08:17 PM by NathanCanadas »

« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I just posted a video on YouTube (I believe the first) of me reviewing this deck. It may not be the greatest, but I tries to keep it as short as possible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e40HkAEHdcs&feature=plcp&context=C4206d04VDvjVQa1PpcFPiRI3NH0UG5pTBsj5vbNWg1zBcIU4Rezo%3D
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2012, 08:02:57 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I just posted a video on YouTube (I believe the first) of me reviewing this deck. It may not be the greatest, but I tries to keep it as short as possible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e40HkAEHdcs&feature=plcp&context=C4206d04VDvjVQa1PpcFPiRI3NH0UG5pTBsj5vbNWg1zBcIU4Rezo%3D
Ugh... Missing the plugin to view it and can't download plugins on the computer im using currently.
Will definitely take a look at it when I get home.
Also I didn't know your youtube was "TheMuffinMagician". I really like your channel!

« Reply #194 on: April 03, 2012, 06:44:58 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGF5Mv5N4cM&list=UUqp_RqDpNAQlQOTrHCcgEbA&index=1&feature=plcp the complete verision of the video you can even look at the uncut sheet of the deck .. man i really like jerry