Author (Read 59635 times)

Re: Deck :: SKULKOR ::
« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2012, 06:43:12 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I think the case contains 2 bricks. Not a normal brick box.
I'm not sure, but I'm not buying 2 bricks for that.

I thought that at first as well.  Someone told me it was only large enough for twelve decks.  But then again, he could be wrong as well...

All this "secret brotherhood" crap's going to blow up in their faces in the end, I believe.  They must have widened the eligibility because their package deals contained all kinds of crap in them, some of which wasn't clearly explained, and were insanely expensive on top of their whopping shipping costs.  I can't imagine they sold more than a handful of those and they knew they'd be stuck with a buttload of handmade boxes.  They'd be better off simply selling the blasted boxes.

i asked i got 4 bricks so i get 4 boxes each holds 12

• Zagan Zaz Hall i ordered 2 luxury packages the night it came out i get 4 of these right ?Friday at 9:05am · Like
  • Skulkor IllusionZagan Zaz Hall That is correct my brother! This is the way we show our appreciation to you!Friday at 9:17am · Unlike · 1
just been on there facebook not good comments ha ha i wonder how they will react all this trouble could go away if they reply to simple questions
Owen Barrell Get your act together. Like ·  · about an hour ago ·

Jacob Roggan Smith Skulkor sort your business out before you start selling decks please.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:08:45 AM by zaganh »

« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2012, 10:11:31 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Holy hell! You ordered 2 luxury packages? I truly hope that you do not get had in the whole thing. I am doing to quests and such for points and entertainment purposes, but I will not be buying anything until someone else has decks in hand.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2012, 11:08:45 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
He's gotten $500 free credits from their contest, why not? He's not actually spending any money at all.

« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2012, 11:12:17 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Ohhhhhh....well that makes perfect sense now lol. As I was. :P 8)
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2012, 11:27:42 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Ohhhhhh....well that makes perfect sense now lol. As I was. :P 8)

haha yep they gave me 500 dollars free i only needed to pay 50 dollars for shipping shipping couldnt be payed for with the voucher

« Reply #280 on: March 04, 2012, 11:36:11 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
That is a great deal Zag. I am interested in the company for sure...something just doesn't feel on the up and up here though. However, it sure is enticing.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #281 on: March 04, 2012, 11:39:36 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Why would a start-up company give away 10(or whatever it was) vouchers for $500. Not even the big companies have ever done this.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #282 on: March 04, 2012, 12:06:54 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Like we've discussed before, it's just their way of marketing. They've certainly attracted some attention, look at all those people with their logo as their profile pictures. It's working well, regardless of whether it's towards the positive or negative.

« Reply #283 on: March 04, 2012, 12:09:15 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Like we've discussed before, it's just their way of marketing. They've certainly attracted some attention, look at all those people with their logo as their profile pictures. It's working well, regardless of whether it's towards the positive or negative.
Yes but 10 $500 vouchers is $5000, they could half fund their deck with that. Pretty much everything they sold was because of the vouchers.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #284 on: March 04, 2012, 12:12:20 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
They'll probably get it back with the price of those rings and luxury packages, I'm thinking.

« Reply #285 on: March 04, 2012, 03:12:40 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity

If they gave the 500 points to 10 people, I believe my brothers may get real money from them if they want to buy a brick or two. Now look at our zaganh borther, he just spent the 500 points and didn't need to take out any money from his pocket. Seems my Skulkor brothers are not very smart.

« Reply #286 on: March 04, 2012, 03:16:59 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
Yes but 10 $500 vouchers is $5000, they could half fund their deck with that. Pretty much everything they sold was because of the vouchers.

but the 500 dollars worth of product you receive will not cost them 500. in terms of what they got it for, it probably cost them half of that. so really they only only gave away 2500. but that isnt so big of a deal when you have rings and packages going for 250-500 dollars on the site. i'm happy i won 500 dollars credit too but im not under the impression that the stuff cost them 500 dollars to make.

« Reply #287 on: March 04, 2012, 04:12:14 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Congrats to you as well Dank. That is pretty sick. I hope everything is legit and you guys actually get $500 worth of merch 8)
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #288 on: March 04, 2012, 08:33:36 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
The profile picture thing is only because it was a requirement for one of their contests.
Yup, a requirement. Needless to say I didn't enter.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #289 on: March 04, 2012, 10:21:08 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
The profile picture thing is only because it was a requirement for one of their contests.
Yup, a requirement. Needless to say I didn't enter.

all contests have requirements, otherwise it can be considered money laundering.

« Reply #290 on: March 05, 2012, 12:52:27 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
I just purchased two of the decks. No doubt I'll have forgotten about them by the time they arrive, whenever that may be. But that will just make it more pleasant, I suppose.

I'm not really into their whole marketing idea about revolutions, and brotherhood and whatnot. It's brave of them to have such bold packages with jewellery and wax seals and everything. I'm not sure what demographic they are appealing to with that, but it's their company. I'll be happy with a couple of decks and then leave it at that.

Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #291 on: March 06, 2012, 01:37:02 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I just purchased two of the decks. No doubt I'll have forgotten about them by the time they arrive, whenever that may be. But that will just make it more pleasant, I suppose.

I'm not really into their whole marketing idea about revolutions, and brotherhood and whatnot. It's brave of them to have such bold packages with jewellery and wax seals and everything. I'm not sure what demographic they are appealing to with that, but it's their company. I'll be happy with a couple of decks and then leave it at that.

I honestly think they got the idea from digging into De'vo's handlordz.com site.  His marketing is similar, though somewhat less extreme, and he sells goofy accoutrements like rings, pins, special-edition leatherbound books, etc.  There was even a litho called "The Handlordz War", showing XCMers defeating magicians in some medieval setting.  Plus there's a sense of mystery that he tries to generate; he rarely appears in photos and when I skimmed the two XCM beginners' discs he put out, you only see his hands and a bunch of subtitles instead of speech.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #292 on: April 21, 2012, 07:28:53 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member
I'm curious what happened with the Skulkor Deck release...

Wasn't supposed to be delivered early April?

I did not buy any on the pre-order, because I didn't like their marketing approach and their vagueness  surrounding the company, where they ship from, etc.

So, my questions are:

1)Anybody get them yet?
2)How they look and feel ( if you get them )?
3)Where they ship from?

Thanks JJ.

« Reply #293 on: April 21, 2012, 07:34:23 PM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
The decks were delayed

« Reply #294 on: April 21, 2012, 07:42:12 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member
The decks were delayed

Can you be more specific, like why or so?

Thanks, JJ.

« Reply #295 on: April 21, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
they did not say, except they want everyone to get them at the same time.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #296 on: April 21, 2012, 07:50:44 PM »

JimmyJohns

• True Member

And you are fine with that???

Thanks JJ.

« Reply #297 on: April 21, 2012, 07:57:57 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
This is what they had said:

"Hi everyone!

It is sad for us to share this information with the family. However, as a family we will get through this hardship together.

Today, our packaging company has informed us about their delay in producing the hand crafted Skulkor Box. As it turns out, they are not satisfied with the quality of the boxes. Not all the boxes meet their standards and our approved quality. So they are now starting from square one to make all your boxes meet the Skulkor standard. This means that the packaging company will not deliver as promised to meet our April deadline. We are currently working on a new timeline and will announce it shortly.

I know many of you have been waiting for your weapons to arrive and we want to apologize for this delay. Things are completely out of our hands right now. Even we are getting a little anxious.

The only thing assuring us right now is that the company is working hard to make it right and make sure that the product you receive is nothing less than perfect. And despite their delay, we have thanked them for their dedication to the quality of the packaging.

Again, we are truly sorry about the delay and we really appreciate your patience! Thank you all for your support!

Sincerely,
Skulkor"

« Reply #298 on: April 21, 2012, 08:18:12 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

And you are fine with that???

Thanks JJ.

no im not, but mine are free
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #299 on: April 22, 2012, 01:25:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
This is what they had said:

"Hi everyone!

It is sad for us to share this information with the family. However, as a family we will get through this hardship together.

Today, our packaging company has informed us about their delay in producing the hand crafted Skulkor Box. As it turns out, they are not satisfied with the quality of the boxes. Not all the boxes meet their standards and our approved quality. So they are now starting from square one to make all your boxes meet the Skulkor standard. This means that the packaging company will not deliver as promised to meet our April deadline. We are currently working on a new timeline and will announce it shortly.

I know many of you have been waiting for your weapons to arrive and we want to apologize for this delay. Things are completely out of our hands right now. Even we are getting a little anxious.

The only thing assuring us right now is that the company is working hard to make it right and make sure that the product you receive is nothing less than perfect. And despite their delay, we have thanked them for their dedication to the quality of the packaging.

Again, we are truly sorry about the delay and we really appreciate your patience! Thank you all for your support!

Sincerely,
Skulkor"

Nathan, that's an old message from March 29th relating to the special brick boxes made of wood.  What about the ordinary decks of cards?  When they mentioned they'd announce a new timeline "shortly", they must have reinvented the term "shortly".  Their "brotherhood" marketing crap wore thin weeks ago and their desire to release their decks to the entire world simultaneously is both childish and unrealistic (or more accurately, simply an excuse for something they don't want you to know about).

I've sent them an email insisting on a full refund.  No deck is worth waiting all this time and paying that much for shipping.  I'd sooner flourish and perform with cards printed on toilet paper.

UPDATE: exactly ninety minutes after emailing them my request, I got an email showing that a refund was issued, which I verified with PayPal.  So if you're sick and tired of waiting, I recommend you follow my example, speak with your wallets and cancel your purchases.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:35:14 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/