Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Gotta say that went from amusing to creepy. Sheesh guys, you are just making playing cards. Playing cards. Little pieces of paper. You really don't need to try so hard. Just make something quality and be nice. Seems to work for most folks.

Though for a fee of $49 direct to my PayPal you can join the Tendrilhood and I will personally send you a plant from the rainforest with which to wear around your neck as a sign of our connectedness. :)
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

Re: Deck :: SKULKOR ::
« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2012, 12:56:45 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
It's back online now, also I've not been paying attention to this deck, what is the red wax version of the deck like or is it just the sticker?

EDIT: Shouldn't there be a discount for buying more decks, the 3 deck deal is $21 but buying 3 decks is $21 anyway, whats the benefit of selecting the one over the other?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:00:11 AM by VortexHead »
UC

« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2012, 12:59:43 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
The site in all likelihood did not crash. When a site crashes, the server gets overloaded and you wouldn't be able to access anything on there, including an error page. If you do access something, the load time would be more than a few seconds. There are a few solutions to get around a crash, such as a cloud system where a cached version of your site is hosted on a different server and people could temporarily access that.

Crashes don't just happen with high volume of traffic. When E's or D&D's sites go down, it's because of the immense number of refreshes that happen. On top of that, it's not just a few people checking out it's hundreds/thousands of people spamming "F5" on their keyboard the second a link doesn't load quickly.

You can't expect me to believe that a company with a few hundred likes on FB is capable of garnering traffic that crashes their server. We've had close to 200 people browsing this forum simultaneously, and constantly refreshing, and the most server overload I've had to go through is a few extra seconds of load time, and AC is hosted on a terrible server as is. :P

Jeez, talk about taking your work too seriously.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2012, 01:10:10 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
If i wanted 1 deck, shipping would cost more than the deck. I'm just not ok with that. I think i will be passing on this deck. Maybe I can grab some from a reseller with good shipping

« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2012, 02:25:10 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
The site in all likelihood did not crash. When a site crashes, the server gets overloaded and you wouldn't be able to access anything on there, including an error page. If you do access something, the load time would be more than a few seconds. There are a few solutions to get around a crash, such as a cloud system where a cached version of your site is hosted on a different server and people could temporarily access that.

Crashes don't just happen with high volume of traffic. When E's or D&D's sites go down, it's because of the immense number of refreshes that happen. On top of that, it's not just a few people checking out it's hundreds/thousands of people spamming "F5" on their keyboard the second a link doesn't load quickly.

You can't expect me to believe that a company with a few hundred likes on FB is capable of garnering traffic that crashes their server. We've had close to 200 people browsing this forum simultaneously, and constantly refreshing, and the most server overload I've had to go through is a few extra seconds of load time, and AC is hosted on a terrible server as is. :P

Jeez, talk about taking your work too seriously.
They probably faked a crash to try to up the resale of these. They say the site crashed, the decks were hard to get, the price goes up like many other decks(Black Crown, Red artifice, to name a few) I doubt it was a legitimate crash.

Also they now have a shipping option of $10 for one deck. If I buy 1 deck from any other company like E or T11 it is $3 for 1 deck shipped to canada. idk if the bigger sites give you a discount on shipping though.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:29:27 AM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2012, 02:26:26 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
If i wanted 1 deck, shipping would cost more than the deck. I'm just not ok with that. I think i will be passing on this deck. Maybe I can grab some from a reseller with good shipping

Yeah that's not cool. I'll be doing the same if I get any. On top of all of that I'm still trying to get past the whole brotherhood thing. The company just seems strange to me. In the end the deck is just okay. So I probably will pass for a while...
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2012, 03:01:02 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
skulk  (sklk)
intr.v. skulked, skulk·ing, skulks
1. To lie in hiding, as out of cowardice or bad conscience; lurk.
2. To move about stealthily.
3. To evade work or obligation; shirk.
n.
1. One who hides, lurks, or practices evasion.
2. A congregation of vermin, especially foxes, or of thieves. See Synonyms at flock1.

Once again... Glad I'm not a skulker... Hope to never be a skulker... This is the silliest $#!T I've ever seen regarding playing card collecting and quite frankly the whole thing is embarrassing... It makes me ashamed that this silly bull$#!T is associated with a hobby that I love and hold so dear to my heart... I'm really not kidding... What started off as a really poor video presentation, has just gotten worse... Happily, any decks related to these clowns will not come close to finding a place in my collection...

« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2012, 03:33:21 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
i asked about stock and finish

i asked them what stock and finish they said

• Zagan Zaz Hall what finish and stock is this deck ?
  • Skulkor Illusion They've changed the name for the finish and stock recently. Have you used White Lion before?
  • Zagan Zaz Hall yep i have the white lions is it the same as them ?
  • Skulkor Illusion Very similar, but in our opinion, a little more slick and spring-ie.

« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2012, 03:38:54 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
i asked about stock and finish

i asked them what stock and finish they said

• Zagan Zaz Hall what finish and stock is this deck ?
  • Skulkor Illusion They've changed the name for the finish and stock recently. Have you used White Lion before?
  • Zagan Zaz Hall yep i have the white lions is it the same as them ?
  • Skulkor Illusion Very similar, but in our opinion, a little more slick and spring-ie.

I decide not to buy the deck unless they may describe the name of finish and stock well and there is an actress in the video. :-X :-X

« Reply #159 on: February 25, 2012, 04:43:23 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
- Shipping Rate Update -

We have re-negotiated with our carrier and shipping provider. New shipping rate has been updated with more precise quotation in different regions of the world.  We are here to serve and work for our brothers.

Thank you brothers!

Skulkor

« Reply #160 on: February 25, 2012, 05:46:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
The site's been back a while now.  I ordered three decks - the other stuff is nice but way too costly for me.

The shipping issue seems fixed.  The rates aren't the cheapest, but not entirely out of whack with reality, either.  Three decks for $21, plus $13.94 shipping.

I think I discovered part of the problem.  When I paid with PayPal, I learned that these guys AREN'T based in the US.  The emailed receipt gives notice of the exchange rate fees, which only appears on orders involving currency conversion.  I think they're based in Hong Kong.  PayPal lists them as "non-US - verified".

@PoundFFFFFF: don't know if you're reading this, but did you know these guys weren't operating in the US?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #161 on: February 25, 2012, 05:55:52 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Interesting. How did you come up with Hong Kong?
I just tried to check-out with a Hong Kong address and it gave me a shipping quote higher than that of shipping to Canada. I don't think it's Hong Kong. Unless maybe they've got a warehouse in US to ship out the decks, while their headquarter's based in HK.

« Reply #162 on: February 25, 2012, 06:03:57 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@Don, I checked the shipping for 3 decks to me is $13.49 too. You might be right.

I ordered a brick, will keep the wax sealed and 2 normal ones, then resell the rest. :-[

« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2012, 06:09:55 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I just tried to check-out with a Hong Kong address and it gave me a shipping quote higher than that of shipping to Canada. I don't think it's Hong Kong. Unless maybe they've got a warehouse in US to ship out the decks, while their headquarter's based in HK.

At least they are not in US. These boring guys pretend that they are in US and started selling items at 08pm PST.

« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2012, 06:20:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I thought I saw Hong Kong on the PayPal page when checking out.  I might have gotten it mixed up with Card Experiment from eBay - I bought some Hanshin Tigers from him tonight as well.  Either way, it's definitely an international purchase due to the currency conversion notice in my receipt.

It would make more sense to ship from the US since it's a USPC deck, but the shipping issues are a little strange.  Not unheard of (coughDANcoughDAVEcoughBUCKcough) but out of the ordinary.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2012, 06:23:51 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
What's wrong with 8pm PST? I know it's 12PM in GMT+8 (for China, Hong Kong and Taiwan), but I remember there have been releases at 8pm PST. Correct me if I'm wrong.

« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2012, 06:30:15 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
What's wrong with 8pm PST? I know it's 12PM in GMT+8 (for China, Hong Kong and Taiwan), but I remember there have been releases at 8pm PST. Correct me if I'm wrong.

D&D like to release their items at 8pm PST. These silly brothers released their items at 8pm PST to pretend they're in US. That's why I said they are boring guy... ??? ???

At least we know they are not in Europe. 8pm PST is a European unfrinedly time.

« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2012, 07:34:14 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I think we will all know when we got the package.
But I think I didn't see any currency converter when I order mine.

« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2012, 07:41:28 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I think we will all know when we got the package.
But I think I didn't see any currency converter when I order mine.

Neither did I. USD to USD  :)

« Reply #169 on: February 25, 2012, 07:41:46 AM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
Grand Total $34.00
Subtotal    $21.00   
Shipping & Handling (Skulkor Standard Shipping Rate - Fixed)    $13.00   

For 3 decks shipped to Germany.

I thought about getting a brick ,but then the shipping would have been $31 USD.
I don´t know but when i buy from fullboat dealer or bmppoker they can send up to 17decks for $18USD in a flat rate envelope.
Gonna save my cash for Mana and Seasons decks :)

Edit : and by the way, i really don´t care about the wax sealed deck....dropping some hot wax on the box and putting a ring into it doesnt make it so special to me.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:43:13 AM by cosmicsecret »
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #170 on: February 25, 2012, 07:53:25 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@cosmicsecret, maybe it's because in the East we don't use wax seal.

The shipping fee for a brick is also $31 to me, but buying a brick lowers the average cost per deck ($115 / 12). I can resell some of them without a problem. :P

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:22:21 AM by digipunk »

« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2012, 09:48:09 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
This shipping thing perplexes me. It isn't that hard to work out, and in the US you can easily determine your cost. They must be intl because there is really nothing to "negotiate" otherwise. but even then, their costs are astronomical! So odd to make almost all their customers rethink the purchase or not bother. And why 8 weeks to ship? I thought the deck was printed? Seems like there are some things they aren't being truthful about. 
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2012, 09:51:49 AM »

runIt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
DITTO. Got the same thoughts.

« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2012, 09:57:07 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
This shipping thing perplexes me. It isn't that hard to work out, and in the US you can easily determine your cost. They must be intl because there is really nothing to "negotiate" otherwise. but even then, their costs are astronomical! So odd to make almost all their customers rethink the purchase or not bother. And why 8 weeks to ship? I thought the deck was printed? Seems like there are some things they aren't being truthful about.
I feel the same way. Their "dark" site and cultish ways are weird, and to a company that is just starting out, and already selling rings, magic, cards, etc., it feels like their is something he doesn't want us to know. Making people think they are based in the US (well he never said that, but we all assumed it) does make it feel like he is hiding something from us, and it does rub me the wrong way. They could be 100% honest, but as of this point I'm not sure how I feel about this.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2012, 10:30:57 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Making people think they are based in the US (well he never said that, but we all assumed it)...

If they are not in US, they had to say this when one of their brothers came to this forum. Up to now, I still don't know the stock and finish of the decks. Similiar to White Lion is the answer... damn, somehow I want to cancel the order... :'(