• YouTube:
Finishing up the teaser right now THIS IS SO GOOD OMG YOU GUYZ
Forum Founder.

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
You sound so fishy at times you know that. I am really thinking that this is gonna be April Fools Hahahaha But oh well.. a good laugh wont hurt. :P

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Forum Founder.

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I figured it would be a joke... but its not even April Fools Day for me anymore!  :bosswalk:

Robert Butler

ha ha ha you ass hat I could be sleeping!  Happy april fools mo fo  :karrit:

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha I KNEW IT! I knew it I knew itttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE MOST AWESOME THING EVERRRRR!!!!!!!
I hate you and love you right now Alex!!

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
If you highlight my original post, you will see an obvious piece of text pointing out this is a joke. :P

Happy April Fool's you guys. Hope yours was as fun as mine. :)
Forum Founder.

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
This... THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR. I mean, THAT DETAIL! I seriously can't wait for this deck. This is just amazing.

I can't wait for the court cards!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:24:38 AM by john »
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
This deck comes with no court cards. Instead, you get extra ad cards and double backers!
Forum Founder.

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Lol 4112? Would've worked better if you posted this yesterday or earlier this week. But announcing that you'll put out a teaser really didn't get as many people as it should have.

By the way, anything on the back design? >.<

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
This deck comes with no court cards. Instead, you get extra ad cards and double backers!

;D MAH FAVORITE THINGS! Im so happy i might FIRE MAH LAZAR

Lazar has been fired... I hope everyone is still alive.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
YES!! I can't wait for these! I dont like complete and usable decks anyway. I knew it wasn't like you to bash others and say your design  would put all others to shame.

But are you actually going to show us anything?
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
YES!! I can't wait for these! I dont like complete and usable decks anyway. I knew it wasn't like you to bash others and say your design  would put all others to shame.

Dude?  "April Fool's" mean anything?  :))  He'll show us Harlequin - just not tonight!

"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi, upon exiting the smuggler's storage compartments of the Millennium Falcon, "Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope"

Yes, I am a Star Wars nerd.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
This is awesome! Best deck ever designed! And happy April Fool's every one :D

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Dude?  "April Fool's" mean anything?  :))  He'll show us Harlequin - just not tonight!

"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi, upon exiting the smuggler's storage compartments of the Millennium Falcon, "Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope"

Yes, I am a Star Wars nerd.
I know but he said awile ago that a new teaser would be up soon so I was just asking.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:35:11 PM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Alex - I think you owe us a real sneak peek after that one... How bout it???

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I'd love to, but there have been some delays in the artwork. I don't want to put up sub-par/incomplete work for the sake of hype building. I'd rather take a small hit hit in marketing and show you guys something worth looking at.

Forum Founder.

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I'd love to, but there have been some delays in the artwork. I don't want to put up sub-par/incomplete work for the sake of hype building. I'd rather take a small hit hit in marketing and show you guys something worth looking at.
I know this is a hard question but do you have any idea as to about when you are planning to release the teaser?

eggman

• Elite Member
I am so glad no teasers were shown. I would rarther see no marketing on these cards until Vortex is in the hands of the people.

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I am so glad no teasers were shown. I would rarther see no marketing on these cards until Vortex is in the hands of the people.

That's kind of what I am going after. My goal was to not launch the Harlequin KS until Vortex has finished shipping, but that's unrealistic and I don't think you guys should have to wait an extra three months so that the last person who ordered a Vortex gets his deck.

Instead, the launch will be about mid-way, and with Vortex decks shipping starting mid-April, it should be on par with marketing.

Still, marketing is a necessity when it comes to selling a product. I would prefer not to market until Vortex ships out, but realistically I won't sell any decks if I do no marketing at all until that point.

Decks get printed when profit is made at this point in time for me. With Vortex I managed to break even after all the shenanigans with the USPCC and of course the est. shipping costs. With Vortex I was chasing a dream to see my work come to life regardless of cost. With Harlequin, it's that, but it's also a means of supporting my life.

I'm shooting for some profit on the Harlequin release so that I can continue to do this for the foreseeable future and release what will likely be my favorite deck ever, the sequel to the Vortex.
Forum Founder.

eggman

• Elite Member
I understand you are trying to run a business and I fault no one for trying to make it a success. I have backed almost all the decks that went up on kickstarter and although they met there goal I continue to receive numerous updates explaining numerous delays. One was promised to be delivered in Jan. and now it has an unknown date of delivery. Me not receiving playing cards when I was told I would get them does not have a major impact on my well being. I was really happy to see Sean get that Galvanic deck funded and I was amongst the first to pledge but when I saw he started plugging another deck prior to completed funding on kickstarter it got my goat a little. Having had success and failure in my own businesses I know it is not an easy task. I would like to think your product will speak for itself. Of course if you feel a little plugging will benefit your business, more powere to you. I like to see others succeed. I am simply stating my opinion about this kickstarter thing. I would probably have a little more respect if no info on the new deck were released until production on the first were complete but it does not mean I will not back your next project.

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I understand you are trying to run a business and I fault no one for trying to make it a success. I have backed almost all the decks that went up on kickstarter and although they met there goal I continue to receive numerous updates explaining numerous delays. One was promised to be delivered in Jan. and now it has an unknown date of delivery. Me not receiving playing cards when I was told I would get them does not have a major impact on my well being. I was really happy to see Sean get that Galvanic deck funded and I was amongst the first to pledge but when I saw he started plugging another deck prior to completed funding on kickstarter it got my goat a little. Having had success and failure in my own businesses I know it is not an easy task. I would like to think your product will speak for itself. Of course if you feel a little plugging will benefit your business, more powere to you. I like to see others succeed. I am simply stating my opinion about this kickstarter thing. I would probably have a little more respect if no info on the new deck were released until production on the first were complete but it does not mean I will not back your next project.

The release date for Harlequin has not changed since I started AetherCards last year. The release date for the next deck is already set in stone as well. I wanted to release the Harlequin in Spring, but the countless delays from USPCC made me push it to mid/late spring as opposed to early Spring.

Marketing is usually a good idea to begin a few months before release and exponentially increase it the closer you get to launch. A product speaks for itself, this is true, but you must give it a venue in which it can speak in. If sliced bread had no marketing, we would have no sliced bread. There has to be some kind of sales push to spread the word about any product.

In the card industry specifically, you can see the highest funded projects and the most popular companies have the best marketing tactics, while the least funded and least popular have little to no marketing or bad marketing.
Forum Founder.

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

The release date for Harlequin has not changed since I started AetherCards last year. The release date for the next deck is already set in stone as well. I wanted to release the Harlequin in Spring, but the countless delays from USPCC made me push it to mid/late spring as opposed to early Spring.

Marketing is usually a good idea to begin a few months before release and exponentially increase it the closer you get to launch. A product speaks for itself, this is true, but you must give it a venue in which it can speak in. If sliced bread had no marketing, we would have no sliced bread. There has to be some kind of sales push to spread the word about any product.

In the card industry specifically, you can see the highest funded projects and the most popular companies have the best marketing tactics, while the least funded and least popular have little to no marketing or bad marketing.
I have been wondering, you have a huge youtube channel. When the Kickstarter starts, why don't you post trailers and links to the Kickstarter on your channel?

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

I have been wondering, you have a huge youtube channel. When the Kickstarter starts, why don't you post trailers and links to the Kickstarter on your channel?

I did that last time around. It helps only marginally. Take a look at Mismag, someone who has countless more subs than I do. Even he could BARELY push a few sales for his deck via his channel.
Forum Founder.

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

I did that last time around. It helps only marginally. Take a look at Mismag, someone who has countless more subs than I do. Even he could BARELY push a few sales for his deck via his channel.
Ya, you are right.
However it wasn't Mismag's deck. It was only named after him. It was DarkSleightZ's deck, now sold out:
http://afpcc.itsesproductions.com/