You are Here:
Deck :: SKULKOR ::

Author (Read 59450 times)

Re: Deck :: SKULKOR ::
« Reply #300 on: April 22, 2012, 01:09:35 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Don, I didn't want to be the first to post about asking for a refund, but I asked them for a refund as well. They asked me for my order #, which I gave them, and I am not waiting for a response. If they had been a bit smarter, the skulkor "brothers" would have given away credits a bit lower. Say their "luxury package" cost 300$. They could have given 250$ of credits so those 10 people would, for the most part, have payed 50$ extra of their credit, + and extra 50$ for shipping. Anyways, I'm done with this.
Edit: I successfully got my refund, although there was an .81$ fee out of the 13$ I originally payed.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:32:14 PM by NathanCanadas »

« Reply #301 on: April 22, 2012, 06:05:35 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Don, I didn't want to be the first to post about asking for a refund, but I asked them for a refund as well. They asked me for my order #, which I gave them, and I am not waiting for a response. If they had been a bit smarter, the skulkor "brothers" would have given away credits a bit lower. Say their "luxury package" cost 300$. They could have given 250$ of credits so those 10 people would, for the most part, have payed 50$ extra of their credit, + and extra 50$ for shipping. Anyways, I'm done with this.
Edit: I successfully got my refund, although there was an .81$ fee out of the 13$ I originally payed.

Initially they asked me for an order number, but my cancellation email was a forwarded copy of my PayPal receipt, so it would seem they were able to figure it out on their own before I could respond to their request.

I went over to their Facebook page to see about leaving a comment to inquire about when this deck was supposed to finally ship.  They removed the ability to leave comments on their Wall - you can only leave them a private message.  I thought that was not a good sign, but it's in line with all the secretive behavior they've exhibited since day one.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2012, 01:25:17 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
finaly all orders are shipping on the 21 =D

« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2012, 06:57:19 AM »

Kenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

My gosh missed out on this is there a way for me to get my hands on 1 or a couple?? anyone planning to sell em??
Ao No Exorcist - Finished
Stein's Gate - Finished
FMAB - Finished
One Piece - Currently watching 
Hunter X Hunter 2011 - Currently watching
Hitman Reborn - Currently Watching

Playing Card Collection: https://picasaweb.google.com/117868386827354506649/PlayingCardCollection?authuser=0&feat=directlink

« Reply #304 on: May 18, 2012, 07:46:56 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

My gosh missed out on this is there a way for me to get my hands on 1 or a couple?? anyone planning to sell em??

i pmd you ^^

« Reply #305 on: May 18, 2012, 08:26:58 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen

« Reply #306 on: May 18, 2012, 09:35:32 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I was beginning to wonder if Skulkor was just a big scam. Take all the money, promise the moon and then disappear. Good that the product is actually out there. Still, so strange that they took SOOOOO long to get the decks together. I basically got my deck funded, printed and delivered to me in the same timeframe.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #307 on: May 18, 2012, 11:25:23 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Although this isn't a scam I'm glad I got a refund. 13$ for a deck shipped to the US is too much IMO. The seal looks nice, but this is only a partly-custom deck that doesn't look too nice IMO.

« Reply #308 on: May 18, 2012, 12:12:39 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I was beginning to wonder if Skulkor was just a big scam. Take all the money, promise the moon and then disappear. Good that the product is actually out there. Still, so strange that they took SOOOOO long to get the decks together. I basically got my deck funded, printed and delivered to me in the same timeframe.

It's simple - this was a reverse Kickstarter!  Pretend the decks are made, promise delivery in EIGHT WEEKS, order them with the cash raised, make another excuse when the deadline is missed (oh those pesky USPC people and their fiddly print schedules), then ship AFTER they've finally been made.

Seems simple enough to me...   ::)

« Reply #309 on: May 18, 2012, 02:31:29 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I am getting a brick free, so if they were a scam i did not care :)
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #310 on: May 18, 2012, 02:34:50 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I am getting a brick free, so if they were a scam i did not care :)
Did you win one of their contests?

« Reply #311 on: May 18, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
yea, they were giving away the ring and some how i was entered in the 2nd one that got a brick of cards. I am just waiting for my deck. IDK why but they defriended me but i still liked their page so i sometimes get updates.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #312 on: May 18, 2012, 06:37:42 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
When I saw them say that the decks wouldn't ship for another 8 weeks, I decided not to order. Then I saw them say that they already had the decks but they gave some lame excuse that didn't even make sense. I'm very glad I didn't order and I don't plan on ordering them.

« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2012, 01:45:27 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
ok so apparently they shipped everything out today. did anyone get a status update in their accounts on the skulkor website?

« Reply #314 on: May 19, 2012, 08:54:39 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
a guy wrote on their facebook page ..

Guy:Hi Skulkor, When do we know our orders are shipped ? Will be receiving email us informing that our order is shipped ? Thank You

Skulkor:Hi The shipping has been processed since yesterday. You will soon receive your product from our distribution center. Thank you for your patience.

Guy:Thank You... But do we receive tracking numbers ? Because I normally not at home.. I usually collect mail from the post office.. =D thanks fo the fast reply

Skulkor: Hi There will be no tracking numbers unless you have emailed us previously and requested to pay for the expedited postage service. Thank you for your inquiry

They did not mention about getting email when the guy ask him about it
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:55:38 PM by Jin Jian »

« Reply #315 on: May 20, 2012, 01:27:13 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The entire process by which this company appears to work is about as stable as desert sand in a windstorm.  I wouldn't trust them to give me four quarters for a dollar.  I'm glad they refunded my money when I requested it, but the whole delay nonsense is beyond ridiculous - their excuses sounded utterly half-baked.  For a company that claimed its product was ready to roll, it's taking an awfully long time for them to make good on their sales.  The one and only scenario that makes a shred of sense is that they didn't have the decks at all and were using their sales as "pre-sales" to raise the money to make the deck in the first place.  Either that or they're truly lacking in the skills and/or knowledge needed to run a playing card business.

« Reply #316 on: May 20, 2012, 06:19:12 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
they said theyll send a confermation e mail when your orders shipped i asked them on facebook

« Reply #317 on: May 20, 2012, 09:59:31 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
so...did anyone get an email?

« Reply #318 on: May 20, 2012, 11:24:15 PM »

vmagic

I never got any email from them yet.

« Reply #319 on: May 22, 2012, 02:15:20 AM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member
I got my shipping confirmation tonight, and I dunno if anyone else tried to pick up one of the ghost bracelets, but I got an email that said this:

"This is Skulkor. We are writing this personal message to you in regards to your order.

Your order has been dispatched. However, we are very sad to inform you that the Ghost Bracelet is removed from the collection. During our quality examination right before shipment, we have discovered an error in the assembly line during mass production. Ghost Bracelet has one of the most complicated designs on the market today. All parts are manufactured from different parts of the world to ensure that every piece of this bracelet is made from the best and latest technology possible. However, during the process of assembling the parts from across the globe, we've found an error. We haven't yet figure out which manufacturer is responsible. The bracelet still does the effect perfectly but the life time of the gimmick has shortened tremendously. This is not what we have initially desired for our brothers to equip. Therefore, we have pulled out all Ghost Bracelets from the packages last weekend right before their departure. This was a very difficult decision for us. But we want only the best for you and we are willing to take a great loss on our end to protect your benefit and investments. This is the integrity of Skulkor and we want you to know you are in good hands.

To appreciate your support and take on this responsibility, we would like to offer you the following options.

a) Full refund of the value equivalent to Skulkor Bracelet ($85).

or

b) $100 Skulkor Credit towards your account and a one-of-a-kind GOLD SEAL Skulkor Deck that's not available outside of this special offer."

I'm leaning towards the refund, but thought I might see what you guys think. What would your choice be? A gold seal doesn't seem all that big of a deal to me though. ::)

« Reply #320 on: May 22, 2012, 02:36:45 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
id go with b thats awesome mine just said this

Hi Zegan,

The wait is over! Your Skulkor products have been dispatched to the logistic company responsible for your region. Your items are on their way to you!

Before the products arrive at your door, take your chance to win a special prize by participating in the Skulkor brainstorming game.

then they asked that mad question haha

« Reply #321 on: May 22, 2012, 02:40:28 AM »

Dudeee

• True Member
I don't know what you should do, but I think the gold seal is a scam!!! I got the 2 brick boxes for the wax seal decks and now they have a gold seal deck!!! This effectively makes 3 different decks with just one deck!!! And People thought the buck twins went too far with the whole Fulton reserve seal deck.

« Reply #322 on: May 22, 2012, 08:24:07 AM »

vmagic

Yes I got a confirmation as well!

« Reply #323 on: May 22, 2012, 10:05:38 AM »

Assassino13

• YouTube:
I'd take the second. Even if the gold-seal isn't a big deal to you, you could probably sell it to some crazy collector for more than $85.

« Reply #324 on: May 22, 2012, 11:27:10 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I would take the first one. We don't know how big the aftermarket demand will be for these decks. + Their company is a bit shady and who knows if they'll let you get 100$ of credits or not.